Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant crocodile captured alive

Persia

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpjoe

• Archosaur

• Still Waters

• Jaguarpurrr

They should let it breed. if we get invaded by something we`ll send in an army of 20+ feet killer Crocs. that`ll teach em.

How come its eyes look so sad?! :P

Probably thinks he's going to be slaughtered which would be a shame given the age he would be....just hope they follow through with the park which would still not be fair to the croc but better that than shoes and belts.

I feel so sorry for this incredible animal (and for the people he may or may not have eaten). They say they are building a facility for him, which means until then he will be kept in less a than optimal croc habitat. Well, at least they did not kill him outright. I just hope he does not suffer any more than necessary until he gets a new home. I wonder what the Tagalog phrase is for "oo, look at the big crocodile! Let's poke it with a stick"?

Mayor Cox Elorde of Bunawan township, Agusan del Sur Province

http://news.yahoo.co...-134625838.html

Wow, what an amazing animal. Why don't they let him free. He is obviously an old boy--or girl--and should be left in the wild to be free, not be a zoo ornament. JMO

I agree that it needed to be moved, but as for capturing it for monetarty gain....we all know how well that works out in the end.

I feel so sorry for this incredible animal (and for the people he may or may not have eaten). They say they are building a facility for him, which means until then he will be kept in less a than optimal croc habitat. Well, at least they did not kill him outright. I just hope he does not suffer any more than necessary until he gets a new home. I wonder what the Tagalog phrase is for "oo, look at the big crocodile! Let's poke it with a stick"?

I agree with you on all levels

Edited by Jaguarpurrr

Probably thinks he's going to be slaughtered which would be a shame given the age he would be....just hope they follow through with the park which would still not be fair to the croc but better that than shoes and belts.

I agree with you. Some people are so ignorant

He would eat you so dead. That is awesome, a one ton crocodile. The biggest known right? Monsters really do exist. I wonder what his bite force is.

gosh that thing is huge!! i think im fine with it being in the zoo, well kinda. as long as his enclosure is a good one and its kept happy, something like that should be displayed!

It's nice to hear the crocodile was captured alive and will be displayed. The reptile will (presumably) be well cared for and the villagers will remain safe and gain tourist dollars. Everybody wins.

Realistically, if the villagers wouldn't have caught it, hunters would've eventually killed it for profit. This is the more pleasant outcome.

As long as the story has been shown in the media, the croc is and will be safe, so nothing to worry. Lots of environmental agencies are monitoring this animal, especially now that it has garnered international attention. The Philippines had lots of croc captures before, mostly due to the animals' destructive tendencies - though not as big as this one. All of which are now cared for in reptile sanctuaries. If incase somebody does harm the croc, which is unlikely; officials, mainly non-government organizations are quick to prosecute.

Shaq finally gets some cowboy boots!

That is one spectacular animal. Hope it survives the shock of capture, and from the video I would be pleasantly surprised if it did.Hope the park thing is a reality. Too bad it couldn't have just been left in the wild.