Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man takes pet 6ft snake on shopping trip

Still Waters

A man was kicked out of his local Asda - for taking his pet snake with him on a shopping trip.

Staff and customers were stunned when Chaz Watson strolled into the Dundee store with boa constrictor Gismo draped around his neck.

Some petrified shoppers looked on in horror as the 45-year-old wandered the aisles before being told to leave by management.

Chaz claimed he made the trip to test the store's no dog policy "to the limit".

He said the five-year-old, 6ft-long reptile posed no danger to other shoppers and that he did not know what all the fuss was about.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert1

• Still Waters

• Verneph

• TheBanana

He said the five-year-old, 6ft-long reptile posed no danger to other shoppers and that he did not know what all the fuss was about.

Okay, I know perfectly well that the ever prevalent fear of snakes among the human populace is largely irrational, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect other people's phobias. The snake probably wasn't a danger at all, yes, but neither are my pet Tarantulas and you don't see me walking into Walmart with one chilling on my shoulder. Common sense would have helped here. The snake could have been hurt if it had scared someone bad enough. :hmm:

Okay, I know perfectly well that the ever prevalent fear of snakes among the human populace is largely irrational, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't respect other people's phobias. The snake probably wasn't a danger at all, yes, but neither are my pet Tarantulas and you don't see me walking into Walmart with one chilling on my shoulder. Common sense would have helped here. The snake could have been hurt if it had scared someone bad enough. :hmm:

I agree. I understand that the man needed grceries, but he should have left the snake at home. :yes:

i think its kinda cool, i would love to go out and see someone take a snake shopping....but the shop said no dogs, so its kinda logical to assume any other animal would not be ok either...maybe the rule should be changed to "no animals" cause if they say no dogs or snakes, whats to stop someone bringing a cat, or a hamster, or a tarantula?

People walk around with Bull Mastiffs, a bull Mastiff is many, many times more dangerous than a python, and far more like to attack you.

Hell, people walk around with ferrets fairly often, they are viscious! will bite just about anything.

I see no problem with a man bringing a snake shopping.

You're kidding right?

LOL, had to chuckle at the quote you had there. :tu:

I guess I wouldn't bring my pet to a WalMart, even if it was allowed, because it's kind of a hassle. Most GUYS just go to get in, get out anyways.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

I bring my python everywhere I go... and the ladies love it. lol!

I used to have a friend in high school who would bring his baby snake(I believe it was a boa but I can't remember for sure) to school with him every day. He was training it to be used to crowds and human contact to make it as tame as possible. It was maybe a foot and a half long to two feet long and he would carry it around in his pocket or around his neck.

Surprisingly, it took over two weeks before an anonymous complaint was made and he was told not to bring it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

awwwwww thats sweet! haha i'd bring my snake around too if it was a nice day. haha that's a good owner. :DD