Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

West wants to punish Serbians

Persia

And yet Australia and Britain still function and are amongst the countries with the best standards of living in the world. There's crime and poverty, there's racial and cultural tensions for sure. But on the by and large multiculturalism can work, if people want to make it work.

How much higher would that standard of living be if Brits and Aussies were not responsible for the social programs and welfare that always proliferate around 'diverse' populations? ;)

Why should native Brits and Aussies be held responsible for social policies (like multi-cult-ism) that displace and marginalize them in their own countries? Parts of London and Sydney now look like Mogadishu or Islamabad. Is this the byproduct of multiculturalism? Why would any native Brit or Aussie want that? :tu:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen of Annoy

• make me believe

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• dekker87

How much higher would that standard of living be if Brits and Aussies were not responsible for the social programs and welfare that always proliferate around 'diverse' populations? ;)

"The poor you will always have with you", some rather important book said that.

I think I can say with little fear of contradiction that we as a society see nothing wrong, dare I say see nothing more edifying, in ensuring that the least amongst us are housed and fed. Now, we might grouse about it (and often do), but we don't hesitate to help.

Why should native Brits and Aussies be held responsible for social policies (like multi-cult-ism) that displace and marginalize them in their own countries? Parts of London and Sydney now look like Mogadishu or Islamabad. Is this the byproduct of multiculturalism? Why would any native Brit or Aussie want that? :tu:

Matey, I'm a white, heterosexual male. I mightn't get support from the government to go to university or school, but I am a member of a group that gets paid more then the others, my insurance is less then others. Swings and roundabouts. Parts of London look like Sydney, parts of Brisbane looks like Time Square. Parts of America look like a rubbish dump and parts of Saudi Arabia looks like Corescant. Do we draw from these allusions that because of these similarities there is something wrong with the culture? That there is a malaise upon the society that allows such a thing? Frankly, not in the slightest. We LIKE diversity. We LIKE nipping down to the Chinese food store run by a Muslim couple, like chatting with people from Fiji while watching the Aussies battle the New Zealanders at cricket, like the smell of Italian food being barbecued for a Sunday lunch.

We accept the differences because it makes us stronger as a culture. The ideal is taking the best of all and making something greater, and we get mightily p***ed off when the worst finds it's way to our doorstep. The Crunalla Riots were as much a response to putting down a bunch of ingrates who brought their hate here as it was people rising up against an equal amount of hate.

Edited by Wearer of Hats

"The poor you will always have with you", some rather important book said that.

I think I can say with little fear of contradiction that we as a society see nothing wrong, dare I say see nothing more edifying, in ensuring that the least amongst us are housed and fed. Now, we might grouse about it (and often do), but we don't hesitate to help.

In more homogeneous countries like Sweden or Finland, voters support social programs because they assume that such programs will benefit families like their own. The opposite is true in 'diverse' countries like America and increasingly in places like Australia, Canada, and the UK, where voters have long known that a good portion of their hard earned tax dollars go to subsidize the sloth and lethargy of less productive groups.

There is a litany of evidence that supports this natural reaction: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/business/yourmoney/29view.html?ex=1335499200&en=b309e1dd4e30aaac&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Matey, I'm a white, heterosexual male. I mightn't get support from the government to go to university or school, but I am a member of a group that gets paid more then the others, my insurance is less then others. Swings and roundabouts. Parts of London look like Sydney, parts of Brisbane looks like Time Square. Parts of America look like a rubbish dump and parts of Saudi Arabia looks like Corescant. Do we draw from these allusions that because of these similarities there is something wrong with the culture? That there is a malaise upon the society that allows such a thing? Frankly, not in the slightest. We LIKE diversity. We LIKE nipping down to the Chinese food store run by a Muslim couple, like chatting with people from Fiji while watching the Aussies battle the New Zealanders at cricket, like the smell of Italian food being barbecued for a Sunday lunch.

When you graduate from your Kumbaya years of college or whatever phase of life you are in, and start paying taxes or deciding which neighborhood to start your new family, you will start seeing the world the way men see it. You will analyze things without using your heart but instead with greater use of your brain, and you will see what I am talking about.

We accept the differences because it makes us stronger as a culture.

Yada, yada...

Edited by make me believe

Mogadishu or Islamabad? oh phhhlease that is ridiculous. I enjoy Australian multiculturalism to its fullest, there is nothing displaced or marginalised in the position of any one I know quite frankly.

The specialty stores with all their colours, flavours and fragrances from all parts of the world are always great to experience. Why would I want that? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't see why the actions of a vocal minority (and I do mean MINORITY) of extremists should ruin what has been an enriching experience overall for the majority.

Mogadishu or Islamabad? oh phhhlease that is ridiculous. I enjoy Australian multiculturalism to its fullest, there is nothing displaced or marginalised in the position of any one I know quite frankly.

The specialty stores with all their colours, flavours and fragrances from all parts of the world are always great to experience. Why would I want that? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't see why the actions of a vocal minority (and I do mean MINORITY) of extremists should ruin what has been an enriching experience overall for the majority.

The massive white flight occurring in and around Sydney points to the opposite, that folks are voting with their feet and moving out of diverse areas and for suburbs where they are left unmolested by the higher crime rates and redistributive tax schemes that diversity requires. America underwent the same transformation after the 1960s, when whites fled urban areas en mass.

Your urban school systems are starting to resemble American inner city school systems - devoid of whites. If white Australians are so enthusiastic about multiculturalism, why are they abandoning the multicultural experience that public school systems offer and sending their kids to all-white private schools? :rolleyes:

White flight leaves school system segregated by race

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/03/09/1204998283744.html

Data reveals Sydney's culturally unbalanced schools

http://newsroom.uts.edu.au/news/2011/05/data-reveals-sydneys-culturally-unbalanced-schools

‘My School’ and others: Segregation and white flight

http://www.australianreview.net/digest/2011/05/ho.html

Yes, that all sounds very 'rose tinted' but you fail to mention all the no-go areas that are now off limits to the indigenous white population which most U.K. cities have these days. Where I live in the west country we have a part of the city which hit the headlines recently which had a long street deemed the most violent (violent crimes per sq. mile) in the country.

Is it coincidence that it is the area that houses the largest Somali comunity outside of London?

O.K. if you read the Guardian newspaper or watch BBC news, 'no-go' areas don't exist but real people living in the real world know they do.

Yes, that all sounds very 'rose tinted' but you fail to mention all the no-go areas that are now off limits to the indigenous white population which most U.K. cities have these days. Where I live in the west country we have a part of the city which hit the headlines recently which had a long street deemed the most violent (violent crimes per sq. mile) in the country.

Is it coincidence that it is the area that houses the largest Somali comunity outside of London?

O.K. if you read the Guardian newspaper or watch BBC news, 'no-go' areas don't exist but real people living in the real world know they do.

in fairness up my area of the country there are also no go areas and we have a very low non white population .the no go areas are all populated by white lowlife scum .there colour or culture has nothing to do with it .its poverty and lack of oppertunity that have caused it and i suspect its to late to sort it out without coming down hard as hell on these areas.

Yes, that all sounds very 'rose tinted' but you fail to mention all the no-go areas that are now off limits to the indigenous white population which most U.K. cities have these days.

Oh, but these high crime immigrant ghettos are only off limits to bigoted, intolerant Brits. ;)

Where I live in the west country we have a part of the city which hit the headlines recently which had a long street deemed the most violent (violent crimes per sq. mile) in the country.

But...but... You aren't supposed to say that! Multiculturalism IS the best thing eveeer! :w00t:

When you graduate from your Kumbaya years of college or whatever phase of life you are in, and start paying taxes or deciding which neighborhood to start your new family, you will start seeing the world the way men see it. You will analyze things without using your heart but instead with greater use of your brain, and you will see what I am talking about.

I'm intrigued by your rationalisation that "men" hold your values and I, for not holding them, must be a child or at the very least incredibly naive.

If your an exemplar of what it is to be a "man" then I'm glad to still be a child.

FWIW I'm a teacher. I work in one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Queensland, if not Australia. You can talk from your ivory tower in another country about how the world is, I live here. I work here. I see it, day in, day out. The misery. The petty soul grinding dullitude. Poverty is a great equaliser. I see people who sometimes can't feed their own children, but who have more community spirit then you'll ever have. You seem to equate cultural homogeny with higher standards of living, or at least with a greater sense of community, well to use a very "ocker" phrase "pig's ass to that". Is there tension, sure. But I also know there's tension in every community. I've worked in a lot of communities. I've worked in a lot of schools. One thing I can tell you about demographics, culturally it's b******s. You'll have people who want to be part of a community and people who don't. People who only want to associate with "their kind" and people who are more open minded. And they're people of all stripe and pursusasion, from all cultures and economic backgrounds.

FWIW I'm a teacher. I work in one of the lowest socio-economic areas in Queensland, if not Australia. You can talk from your ivory tower in another country about how the world is, I live here. I work here. I see it, day in, day out. The misery. The petty soul grinding dullitude. Poverty is a great equaliser.

Every group has their own customs and tendencies. The radical egalitarianism that you preach suppresses the real reasons behind many of the social ills in your native Queensland. Some groups within Queensland have crime, poverty, and dropout rates that far exceed those of other groups. Diverting resources to under-performing or non-productive groups is unsustainable - because the segment of society that looks after itself eventually gets fed up.

I see people who sometimes can't feed their own children, but who have more community spirit then you'll ever have. You seem to equate cultural homogeny with higher standards of living, or at least with a greater sense of community, well to use a very "ocker" phrase "pig's ass to that". Is there tension, sure. But I also know there's tension in every community. I've worked in a lot of communities. I've worked in a lot of schools. One thing I can tell you about demographics, culturally it's b******s. You'll have people who want to be part of a community and people who don't. People who only want to associate with "their kind" and people who are more open minded. And they're people of all stripe and pursusasion, from all cultures and economic backgrounds.

It is disingenuous to disprove macro trends by pointing to individual behavior. For Australians to celebrate diversity is to celebrate their own declining numbers and influence, and the alien transformation of their society. In 2050 when Australia is over half Asian, with its government peppered with Chinese nationalists in positions of power, and with your children working in China Ltd. coal mines, will you look back on your "diversity days" with regret?

Every group has their own customs and tendencies. The radical egalitarianism that you preach suppresses the real reasons behind many of the social ills in your native Queensland. Some groups within Queensland have crime, poverty, and dropout rates that far exceed those of other groups. Diverting resources to under-performing or non-productive groups is unsustainable - because the segment of society that looks after itself eventually gets fed up.

Yeah, stuff the underproductive. Use them as firewood, at least they'll be useful.

It is disingenuous to disprove macro trends by pointing to individual behavior. For Australians to celebrate diversity is to celebrate their own declining numbers and influence, and the alien transformation of their society. In 2050 when Australia is over half Asian, with its government peppered with Chinese nationalists in positions of power, and with your children working in China Ltd. coal mines, will you look back on your "diversity days" with regret?

Do you have some facts to back up this rampant Asianofication of Australia?

Because according to the Immigration Department ... Most are coming from India.

India 59 987 20.0%

China (excludes SARs and Taiwan) 33 355 11.1%

New Zealand 30 224 10.1%

United Kingdom 29 310 9.8%

Philippines 11 758 3.9%

South Africa 11 639 3.9%

Nepal 11 079 3.7%

Vietnam 9 045 3.0%

Korea, Republic of (South) 8 089 2.7%

Ireland 7 200 2.4%

Other 88 178 29.4%

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/immigration-update/nom-july11.pdf

With almost an equal amount of Chinese coming from New Zealand and the UK.