Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man who said he was abducted by aliens dies

Persia

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• WoIverine

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• septic peg

He and Parker stated that they were abducted by robots who brought them aboard a spacecraft. They reported this incident to the police who left them alone in a room and tape recorded them secretly, thinking they'd give themselves away in a hoaxed story. They did not, and in fact were very badly shaken and terrified by what had happened to them.

Other witnesses also say this UFO at the time and it was tracked on radar as well. Even more, it deliberately interfered with the radar system.

The 1973 UFO wave was one of the largest in US history, and was called the Year of the Humanoids because of the strange "occupants" that were often being reported, types of ETs that have not been seen since as far as I know.

He and Parker stated that they were abducted by robots who brought them aboard a spacecraft. They reported this incident to the police who left them alone in a room and tape recorded them secretly, thinking they'd give themselves away in a hoaxed story. They did not, and in fact were very badly shaken and terrified by what had happened to them.

Other witnesses also say this UFO at the time and it was tracked on radar as well. Even more, it deliberately interfered with the radar system.

The 1973 UFO wave was one of the largest in US history, and was called the Year of the Humanoids because of the strange "occupants" that were often being reported, types of ETs that have not been seen since as far as I know.

Wow, McGuff, you have any info on the occupant types during the "Year of the Humanoids"? This is the first time I've ever heard of robots...very interesting!

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

What a boring and empty article......not worth the time to read. :-(

My thoughts entirely. An 80 year old man dies.

Along with thousands of over 80 year olds daily.

And, Spid3rCyd3...come on!! Search it yourself, you know, name of chap + the word abduction? !!!

Wow… you all may think that this was boring, but although I had never heard of this man, I certainly have been to Pascagoula, Mississippi and had my own strange encounter.

In 1993 while taking a smoke break in the Ingall’s ship yard where my ship was being built (I was serving in the Navy) I was watching large, dark thunderclouds roll in from the Gulf. That in itself was nothing unusual, but what made me crap my pants (well… almost) was when an orange colored ring of lightning lit up the sky from the front of those clouds and stayed there for about ten seconds just glowing. Though I could still clearly see the clouds on the outside of the gigantic, orange ring, there was only blackness from within, dotted with glowing bluish – greenish orbs. Then it was all gone.

I can’t say that I actually saw anything paranormal or extraterrestrial, but that image has been seared into my mind for nearly twenty years. Could it have been some kind of wormhole? Or was it simply a weather anomaly? I don’t know, but I can tell you first hand that strange things happen in Pascagoula, Mississippi.

I grew up in the Pascagoula are. I am acutally living back there now.(I miss TX)

This guy was considered a flake by locals back then according to my grandmother.

He could or could not have been a fake we will never know. As for that part of Miss I have been there but only for a short time. I know people have told me odd things there, not aliens but just odd lights in general. I have had my own share of 'odd' things, but I don't find them aliens, just military/privately owned technology, or at least that's how I see it.

My thoughts entirely. An 80 year old man dies.

Along with thousands of over 80 year olds daily.

And, Spid3rCyd3...come on!! Search it yourself, you know, name of chap + the word abduction? !!!

Sorry, I see, there's a book, nice! I just thought it was something McGuff knew of that was obscure.

I'm old enough to remember this story. Saw some of the interviews. At the time, I found them convincing. There were some family corollaries about the incident as well, can't remember exactly but it added to the "something really, really weird happened to these guys" feeling. This incident was included in most of the books on UFO's circulating at the time so there should be quite a bit out there on it if anyone cares.

Wow, McGuff, you have any info on the occupant types during the "Year of the Humanoids"? This is the first time I've ever heard of robots...very interesting!

There were lots of "occupant" reports like these in 1973, like this one from Georgia. It was also reported to the police, who found ground traces from where the craft landed.

"Suddenly, two beings appeared. “Where they came from I don’t know. I couldn’t see a flap, a drop door, or anything. When I finally got my vision clear I could see a clearance underneath, so it was not belly-landed; it had some kind of landing gear. And they came out, and they had on the most beautiful outfits I’ve ever seen-silver, blousy, come down to where your wrists are, then they had what appeared to be white gloves. Very tight around the neck, like something a priest would wear. Down to the feet, like a jumpsuit. It looked like if you pulled a gun and shot it, it would glance off, yet it moved. They could move, yet it looked like it was heavy, because of the way they walked, very slow. I estimated them to be four to five feet tall."

http://uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=classic&action=display&thread=1204

There were many other cases from that state at the same time, reporting UFO occupants:

"On the following day at 3:30 a motorist was driving on I-75 near Ashburn when her car suddenly and completely shut down. Stopped on the roadside, a “strange feeling” led her to look right, where she saw “a four-foot-tall metal man who appeared to be wearing a metallic pewter like outfit capped with a bubble or dome made of the same material-there were two openings for the eyes. The slits were rectangular.” The creature circled her car and disappeared six minutes later. A state trooper told the woman that several drivers had told him the same story, and three hours later her engine remained too hot to touch.

Within five hours a woman in Morgan County was followed by two fluorescent beams that changed color and shape. Panicked, she pulled into a driveway and burst into a house, whose startled residents also saw the object. By morning the woman’s face was burned, a condition that lasted a week.

The next incident involved a University of Georgia student with the unlikely name of Mars Walker. Early on October 20 he was studying in his Athens apartment when “a high-pitched, siren like sound” attracted his attention, followed by a “glow like a watch-dial” outside. He opened the door to find a round aerial object, with a diameter varying from ten to seventeen feet, slowly descending 50 yards away. The sound increased and a being began to coalesce inside the object, resulting in “a humanlike being standing erect” that resembled “a sea green opaque” hologram. The head was surrounded by tentacles, and the hands had fewer than five fingers. “The odd thing to me is how little attention it paid me, no interest in communicating with me or threatening me or any other activity, besides observing.” The creature reentered the UFO and it departed a half hour after arriving.

Near Loxley Clarence Patterson and his pickup were sucked into a giant cigar-shaped UFO. Robot-like creatures who could read his mind removed him from the truck and subjected him to a physical examination. Patterson passed out, and awoke to find himself speeding on a road at ninety mph."

http://uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=classic&action=display&thread=1204

aliensmadisoncounty.jpg

1973+georgia.jpg

cocoyoc-mexico-ufo-1973.jpg

Cocoyoc, Mexico, November 3, 1973. A Mexican banker and his family saw a strange object approaching rapidly from the East in a clear afternoon sky. His wife said that the object was a round shape, and she drew her husband's attention to the object.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

This was also the year of the famous Skylab UFO sighting.

"About a week or 10 days before recovery and we were still waiting for information to be supplied to us about the identification. Jack first notices this rather large red star out the wardroom window. Upon close examination, it was much brighter than Jupiter or any of the other planets. It had a reddish hue to it, even though it was well above the horizon. The light from the Sun was not passing close to the Earth’s limb at the time. We observed it for about 10 minutes prior to sunset. It was slowly rotating because it had a variation in brightness with a 10-seconds period. As I was saying, we observed it for about 10 minutes, until we went into darkness, and it also followed us into darkness about 5-seconds later. From the 5 to 10 second delay in it’s disappearance we surmised that it was not more than 30 to 50 nautical miles [35 to 58 statute miles or 56 to 93 km] from our location. From its original position in the wardroom window, it did not move more than 10 or 20 degrees over the 10 minutes or so that we watched it. Its orbit was very close to that of our own. We never saw it on any earlier or succeeding orbits and we’d be quite interested in having its identification established.”

skylab3.jpg

Edited by TheMcGuffin

Richard Hall made a list of some 1973 Humanoid reports, some of which were robots or robot-like, and some just downright bizarre:

TABLE 4. UFO OCCUPANT SIGHTINGS, 1973

September 27, 1973 Bedarrides, France 5:30 P.M.

Two 1.2-meter humanoids, slender limbs, black caps, coveralls, with oval craft; UFO took off with whistling sound, sped away.

October 4, 1973 Gary Chopic, Chatsworth, CA early evening

One human-size being, silver suit, elliptical craft with clear dome; saw witness, entered craft and took off.

October 6, 1973 St. Mathias, Quebec, Canada early A.M.

Five small beings, yellow garb, headgear, moved quickly back and forth near dome-shaped craft with body lights.

October 11, 1973 Hickson & Parker, Pascagoula, MS evening

Two robot-like beings, abduction case (see section XIII).

October 12, 1973 Cincinnati, OH 2:30 A.M.

One "apelike" being, featureless, large waist, no neck, visible in dome-shaped object on or near the ground.

October 17, 1973 Paul Brown, Danielsville, GA evening

Two 4- 4-1/2-ft. tall beings, silver garb, emerged from silver egg-shaped craft that descended ahead of car; took off with "whooshing" sound when witness brandished a pistol.

October 17, 1973 Eupora, MS night

One grotesque nonhumanoid creature, flipper-like feet, webbing between legs, appeared from top of dome-shaped object with blue-green flashing lights that landed on road, E-M effects on car.

October 19, 1973 Ashburn, GA 3:30 P.M.

One small being, round helmet, head moved like robot, E-M effects on car; no craft observed".

October 19, 1973 Goshen, OH 9:00 P.M.

Two or three 6-ft tall human-like beings moved around a domed disc resting on tripod legs, entered via ladder, took off with humming sound.

October 19, 1973 Copeland, NC

One 3-ft.-tall humanoid, gold garb, with blue oval object hovering near mobile home; family dog frightened, ran away until next day.

October 22, 1973 Hartford City, IN

Two 4-ft.-tall humanoids, silver garb, seen alongside road three separate times; no UFO seen.

October 23, 1973 Russell Springs, KY

Two 3-ft.-tall beings, reddish color, entered craft (no description), which took off.

October 24, 1973 David Simpson, Dobson, NC

One humanoid, glowing eyes, from oval UFO that landed near car, E-M effects on car".

October 28, 1973 Llanca, Bahia Blanca, Argentina

Three 5-ft tall beings, high foreheads, slanted eyes, gray coveralls, from yellow saucer-shaped craft; abduction case (see section XIII).

http://www.nicap.org/occupants_hall_printouts.htm

Here's another website about the wave of 1973-74, which featured many UFO landings and physical trace cases, many UFOs tracked on radar and chased around by jets, at least five instances when people shot at UFOs or "occupants", reports that the military had started a couple of new UFO projects called Old New Moon and Blue Paper, and government agents all over place, sometimes reported to be showing witnesses books full of pictures or various types of UFOs and aliens and asking which ones they had seen.

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/ufoflap-70s.html

"The U.S. Air Force, the Department of Defense and the Federal Aviation Agency were involved with UFO-jet interceptions and were greatly concerned by the growing number of radar tracking of UFOs reported from the Eglin AFB, Florida; from the Baer Air Force Base, Fort Wayne,Indiana; from FAA radar at San Antonio, Texas; from Civil Defense radar in Columbia, Mississippi, from Ft. Sill, Oklahoma; from Bahia Blanca, Argentina and from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Pilot reports of UFOs were often reported by both commercial and military pilots from Braniff, Eastern, Pan American, Delta Airlines, Colorado NORAD Air Force pilots, BOAC, TWA, Bell Huey Jet Helicopters,Scandinavian Airlines, private Australian and Missouri pilots. General George S. Brown, U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff admitted for the first time that UFOs had triggered many air, sea, land battles earlier in Vietnam. The DOD and FAA issued new UFO regulations, and the USAF started two new UFO studies, code-named Old New Moon and Blue Paper.

In the meantime a large number of UFO photographs and movie film were taken in 1973 in North Carolina, Alabama, California, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Ohio, S.C., Italy, Peru, Missouri, Tennessee, Washington State and Australia - which are still being evaluated and analyzed. Electro-magnetic interferences with car motors, headlights, houselights, CB radios, TV, radio, magnometers and other communication devices were widely reported in conjunction with UFO encounters, as were numerous cases of severe animal reactions and human physiological effects.

UFO-related power failures (documented over the past almost 3 decades) again cropped up time and time again in 1973 on March 14 in

Piedmont, Missouri; on May 26 in Morwell, Australia; on June 28 in Columbia, Missouri; on September 10 in Atlanta, Georgia; on October 16 in Yazoo, Mississippi and on November 11 in Farmville, Louisiana ... just to mention a few of the growing incidents on a global basis.

At UFO landing sites impressions and ground markings such as burned 20 to 30 foot circles, tripod landing-gear marks, background radiation increases above normal, chemical soil changes, denuded vegetation and dehydrated and depressed areas have been found, along with many deposits of both metallic and non-metallic fragments. Many reported ammonia, sulfur-like and ozone odors near UFOs."

Total Landings and/or Occupants 1973: 81 cases

Total Landings Without Occupants Noted: 51 cases

Total Occupants Without Landings Noted: 17 cases

Total Landings with Occupants Noted: 13 cases

Total Landings Noted: 65 cases

Total Occupants Noted: 30 cases

Total Physical Examinations: 3 cases

Total Shootouts Reported: 5 cases

Total Witness Pursuits: 2 cases

Total Footprints Noted: 3 cases

Total States Landings/Occupants Reported: 21 cases

Edited by TheMcGuffin

And this is the NICAP report on the 1973 UFO wave, which featured sightings from all over the world. I could not find any reports of "friendly" ETs here, but plenty that engaged in activities that could be considered hostile. Interestingly, the US military was also of DEFCON III alert in October and November 1973 due to the Arab-Israeli War at that time.

http://www.nicap.org/waves/1973fullrep.htm

January - February 1973; Cherokee County, S.C.

Police in Cherokee County received so many UFO sighting reports that they stopped sending cars out to investigate. The sightings according to police have been in the hundreds. The objects being spotted by county residents have been described as "cylindrical, cigar-shaped," "triangular," and "round like a saucer with a cabin on top." By the end of February, according to police UFO watching had become so popular that on one night more than 50 cars were parked along the side of a road in the county in hopes of catching a glimpse of the object. (Reference: UFO INVESTIGATOR, April 1973, page 3)

Sept. 8, 1973; Hunter Army Air Field, GA

"Saucer-shaped" object with flashing bright red and white lights dove at MP patrol vehicle (Bart J. Burns and Randy Shade, occupants) repeatedly and chased it at high speeds (UFOE II, Section II).

Sept. 8, 1973; Savannah, GA

A Savannah police officer who had been sent to investigate citizens' reports of a UFO a few hours after the Hunter Army Air Field incident reported a personal sighting. He saw a large circular craft something like a flying saucer. [it had] a large spotlight which changed color from red to green [and smaller blue flashing lights.] Marcus Holland, a Savannah newspaper reporter said that about 30 minutes before the military police sighting, he saw an object speeding toward the Air Field. (Tulsa Sunday World, Oklahoma, Sept. 9, 1973; UPI, Savannah, Ga.)

Sept. 29, 1973; Quincy, IL

8:30 p.m. Sheriff's officers trailed an unidentified flying object {UFO) from the edge of Quincy to Baldwin Field before it disappeared . A night deputy manning the sheriff's radio watch said a call was received about 8:30 p.m. Saturday from Halfpap's Trailer Court that an object was in the sky near there. The radio officer said patrol deputies sent in response to the call sighted the object shortly after reaching the area and began trailing it. The object moved east to Baldwin Field, where it became stationary. Officers said a the object hovered a short time and then disappeared. The radio officer said that apparently while the patrol officers were keeping the object under observation at the airport, a call was received from the Camp Point area reporting the object. The officer said the caller told him that dogs were barking and other animals seemed upset. A check with the FAA at Baldwin Field showed no planes were in the area at the time, the radio officer said. Radar in Kansas City, Mo., reported only an airplane near Hannibal, Mo., moving west, the officer said. (SL-72, 14)

http://www.nicap.org/waves/1973fullrep.htm

What stands out in my mind about this incident is how both Hickson and Parker knew full well how their strange abduction story would sound to people and did not want any publicity about what happened because of fear of ridicule. They were terrified and felt compelled to report what happened to the authorities whom they thought they could trust to keep the matter confidential. They were not at all pleased when the sheriff leaked the story to the press. True perpetrators of hoaxes want all the publicity they can get. I truly believe something extremely unusual happened to those men that night.

Edited by The singularity

We will never know whether or not this was fake. As much as I would prefer nothing else but to have the ability to fully invest belief into this, the possibility still exists that it was faked. :(

This has the earmarks of a true abduction. hoaxers generally are not shaken or /and terrified when reporting an abduction. the fact that the man died is not necessarily connected with the abduction, although it definitely a possibility, although extreme. most true abductees continue to be abducted throughout their lives and usually can function in society even living in fear of when it will occur again.

I grew up in the Pascagoula are. I am acutally living back there now.(I miss TX)

This guy was considered a flake by locals back then according to my grandmother.

Get your butt back to Texas Eric ! THe B.B.Q waits BoneDaddys is calling you ! :tu:

This has the earmarks of a true abduction. hoaxers generally are not shaken or /and terrified when reporting an abduction. the fact that the man died is not necessarily connected with the abduction, although it definitely a possibility, although extreme. most true abductees continue to be abducted throughout their lives and usually can function in society even living in fear of when it will occur again.

Welcome to the Forum Vennard ! THis is a great place to present all your Ideas and stories ! We should never rule out any abduction`s or tails ! :innocent: