Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypothetical Zombie Situation

Pawnochio

A lab in an unknown location in the world has taken Cryogenic frozen bodies and managed to bring them back to life. However the cadavers appear to have no control over emotion or have a consciousness atoll, striving for one thing ... food. They manage to break free from the lab and attack the local populace before they manage to put the world in red alert or even get the army involved. It has now reached pandemic preportions and the whole world is plagued by the living dead.

Your in your house when the news finally broadcasts the message.

What do you do?

Where do you go?

What do I do? Prepare!

Where do I get prepared?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGyCXvzmdYc#t=0m14s

Groovy.

Lmao ok not exactly what i meant i meant like get supplies then look for a fort to hold off the invasion like a supermarket or a hospital

You know, I've always been bugged that a zombie's only primal instinct would be to eat people. I'm not sure if anyone else realized it, but there's some other primal instincts that are really deeply seeded in the human mind.

Although the thought of being... violated while being eaten alive by an (un)dead corpse might be much more disturbing than the standardized zombie outbreak...

You know, I've always been bugged that a zombie's only primal instinct would be to eat people. I'm not sure if anyone else realized it, but there's some other primal instincts that are really deeply seeded in the human mind.

Although the thought of being... violated while being eaten alive by an (un)dead corpse might be much more disturbing than the standardized zombie outbreak...

i was thinking that exact same thing and i actually lold although they would be very stupid like walking into walls and stuff dont you think

i was thinking that exact same thing and i actually lold although they would be very stupid like walking into walls and stuff dont you think

Oh, yes, they would be very stupid, they probably wouldn't even be able to walk.

I apologize for going off topic a bit, so let me go back on topic:

Assuming the zombies are your classic stereotypical movie zombie, I'd likely just try and gather most of my family and community(I live in a rather small one), and start up a caravan to try and find an area in which the zombies can't possibly reach, like the mountains or something.

If we are however dealing with variants of zombies, like the more modern movie/video game zombies, I would probably try and do the same thing as above, but focus more on trying to build up defenses/weapons on all the cars/RVs, Mad Max style.

Oh wait what about a hardware store chainsaws shovels nail guns and what not i suppose it depends where you stay i dont know if youve noticed but the UK has a lack of firearms lol

Oh, I live in the USA. We got guns here. But I'm unsure of how effective how any weapon that doesn't dismember the corpse would be effective. The classic 'aim for the head' would probably work, but that's much easier said than done.

And a hardware store would likely hold some of the best tools and supplies to survive a zombie outbreak of any kind. Blades, saws, nail guns, etc. all useful in building things and dismembering and mutilating body parts, a win/win in a zombie outbreak!

EDIT: Typo

Edited by DeltaEcho

all though if i head to the highlands then it will probably be safer there is like deserts of grassy plains not really a hotspot for zombies because of the lack of people.

all though if i head to the highlands then it will probably be safer there is like deserts of grassy plains not really a hotspot for zombies because of the lack of people.

That would depend if animals would be affected by the outbreak. If not, then they would be a very useful asset to have around you, as most predators would eat the zombies. If they could be affected, however... Let's just say it wouldn't be a good idea to be anywhere near a zombie cougar, moose, bear, wolves, etc... And stay away from zoos.

ahhh ok i get you ok then yes animals are affected by the outbreak making my last post ineffective hmmm i think i would build a fort and go back to old school aromur like chainmail and stuff so they cant bite me < i realize how ridiculous that sounds lol

The armor bit is actually a good idea. It works with sharks, so it'd work with people! However, building a fort would be a bad idea. You'd run out of supplies and need to make runs back and forth, in and out... You'd lose people like that. In order to survive, you'd either need to keep constantly on the move, or find an outbreak-free zone where the infection cannot exist.

The armor bit is actually a good idea. It works with sharks, so it'd work with people! However, building a fort would be a bad idea. You'd run out of supplies and need to make runs back and forth, in and out... You'd lose people like that. In order to survive, you'd either need to keep constantly on the move, or find an outbreak-free zone where the infection cannot exist.

well i suppose thats true, i actually like the supermarket idea it has food weapons and a limited supply of medicines, also heavy doors enough space for a small community and a lot of people would go there eventually for food

Being hold up in a small area is good for the short term, but it'll become a prison if you spend too much time there and the infected start to swarm it. They'll most likely be drawn you, just like you're drawn to the protection and supplies of the building. And it could get really bad if they have even a primitive form of intellect, as hunters can get extremely crafty when hunting their prey.

Staying on the move would decrease the chances of dealing with hordes, unless you're going through a big city.

A big city would be the worse place, most likely. They'd get infected the fastest, deteriorate the fastest(thus becoming a danger in it's own right), and in the early stages of the outbreak would most certainly be prone to panic and anarchy.

The same basic rules would apply to gun stores, super markets, pharmacies, etc. as most people would swarm to these to gather supplies.

Being hold up in a small area is good for the short term, but it'll become a prison if you spend too much time there and the infected start to swarm it. They'll most likely be drawn you, just like you're drawn to the protection and supplies of the building. And it could get really bad if they have even a primitive form of intellect, as hunters can get extremely crafty when hunting their prey.

Staying on the move would decrease the chances of dealing with hordes, unless you're going through a big city.

A big city would be the worse place, most likely. They'd get infected the fastest, deteriorate the fastest(thus becoming a danger in it's own right), and in the early stages of the outbreak would most certainly be prone to panic and anarchy.

The same basic rules would apply to gun stores, super markets, pharmacies, etc. as most people would swarm to these to gather supplies.

ok so apparently this has magically become a left 4 dead invasion also look out for higher floors because you could be charged out of the window. or just get to the safe room ...... ko

Horde used BITE

Attack Missed

Pawnochio used FLAMETHROWER Its super effective

Horde fainted

Pawnochio gained 3340 exp

Pawnochio leveled up

Pawnochio is trying to learn SLASH but Pawnochio already knows Four moves

delete a move for SLASH

Pawnochio did not learn SLASH

What do I do? Prepare!

Where do I get prepared?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGyCXvzmdYc#t=0m14s

Groovy.

I second this. :tu:

Well in the movie Dead Alive, two zombies get it on with each other. So...there's that.

I second this. :tu:

Well in the movie Dead Alive, two zombies get it on with each other. So...there's that.

theres a movie to avoid then thank you sir

ok so apparently this has magically become a left 4 dead invasion also look out for higher floors because you could be charged out of the window. or just get to the safe room ......

I wouldn't know anything about Left 4 Dead, as I refuse to play any non-Resident Evil zombie game. Shooters do not mix with survival horror. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like cotton candy mixed with peanut butter.

Also, your Pokemon reference is great. Reminds me of a webcomic that made me laugh until my sides hurt.

I suppose that's true, but I was thinking more along the likes of the Reavers from Firefly/Serenity. As in they kill you, rape you, then tear your flesh off and wear it. And you're lucky if it's in that order.

why have i not seen these movies or anime references i thought my geekyness knew know limits

well if the undead where to attack i dont think they would be full of lust to be honest, that is horrifying, never speak of this again but why dont they eat the flesh of one another in every zombie cliche there is no referencing of them eating each other

I suppose that's true, but I was thinking more along the likes of the Reavers from Firefly/Serenity. As in they kill you, rape you, then tear your flesh off and wear it. And you're lucky if it's in that order.

Oh jeez, I forgot about Reavers. I was just trying to think of any example of zombies in movies doing, err...things like that.

Ma'am. :P It's actually a great movie and it's hilarious though.

oh sorry i beg your pardon lmao foax pa

can i ask what is a reaver? im not getting this reference

I'd probably gas up my car and head to west TX. My family has a large ranch that's outside a very small town, and they have a decent selection of guns. If we stayed there, we could either go to the second floor and destroy the staircase or we could get into the basement. I'd vote for the second floor, both for the extra space and the for the continued possibilty of escape. If we left the ranch, I'd say heading north would be best, staying away from heavily populated areas. Colder air would at least slow down a zombie, and if it was cold enough they'd freeze and stop completely because of their lack of circulation. In any case, I'd carry a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks wherever I went.

sorry i double posted

Edited by Pawnochio

a ranch ehm i dunno not got the heaviest defences i supposed if its in an isolated area then that would be a good idea

edit:i accidently replied to my own post how did i do that

Edited by Pawnochio