Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

INTERNET

mypaddedroom

Everyday I go on the internet for hours! Guess you can say it's my hobbie anyway I'm always told by others that's all I do and I do that to much. Now it's not like I live on the internet just when I do get on it I stay on it for hours! I know I'm not the only one that stays on the internet everyday right how many others go on the internet for hours also?

Edited by D12

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mypaddedroom

• ames2787

• BurnSide

• Seraphina

I will be the first to admit I spend way too much time online...I have drastically cut down the time I spend on it recently (as some people might have noticed by my dimished time on the forum lately), but it still does take up a significant junk of my day.

With University starting up again right around the corner, and a new job looming on the horizon, I'm sure my addiction is about to be cut back though, so it's all good tongue.gif

Yeh same for me, in the holidays and I have endless hours of time to fill I spend a lot of time on the internet.

I don't see anything wrong with spending a lot of time on it as long as it's not stopping you from doing other important stuff, or it's letting down your friends or something like that.

When I go back to college though my time on the net will be seriously diminished so I won't have to worry abotu spending hours on here anymore lol.

Ames original.gif

It only becomes a problem if it affects your health or your turning down friends and family to spend time on the internet.

Otherwise whats wrong with it? Personally I would only be lying around my house doing nothing else, at least if I can go on the net I can work on my site and learn new things everyday.

Ames original.gif

im on the interet for hours at a time every single day. more than half of that time is spent on this site. i probably could find something better to do....but the internet is addicting and it rules

Glad to see I'm not the only one who spends a lot of time on the internet! I think it's a great way to pass the time and also have fun doing it. As long as it don't ct into you doing something important it's ok. And come to think about it others who tell me I'm on it to much need to shut up! It's better than watching tv at least on the net your doing something phisical. thumbsup.gif

It's better than watching tv at least on the net your doing something phisical

....I don't think that typing counts as exercise, dude blink.gif

Lol yeh not really.

Personally I do both, watch the tv and surf the net.

Ames original.gif

Reading isn't physical either, dude blink.gif In fact...you were closer with typing tongue.gif

Edited by Seraphina

I'm not saying it's not a good thing...I'm just wondering how you would apply the adjective "physical" to it tongue.gif

I'm not saying it's not a good thing...I'm just wondering how you would apply the adjective "physical" to it 

LOL!!! Consider this, in a 3 hour stint on the net we will most likely have

to visit the bathroom at least once maybe twice = physical Make a coffee

or soda run at least twice = physical Answer the phone=physical answer

the doorbell = physical, and many more examples may blend their way into

any given session. grin2.gif

I will be the first to admit i don't have an internet probelm.

blink.gif What? What are you all looking at??

Well all I'm saying is that the interent is better than just sitting there watching tv all day. At least on the net you type read search do things like that. Oh yeah and argue with fellow forum users laugh.gif

I will be the first to admit i don't have an internet probelm.

blink.gif What? What are you all looking at??

254901[/snapback]

I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA THINK LIKE THAT BS! laugh.gif I'm here all day long well I was yesterday. And mostly I'm on websites about rap music.

heheheheh

In truth, i go on the internet at home maybe for 30 mins a day. It's at work i get all these posts done. Something to pass the long, boring hours, especially since all other sites are blocked. grin2.gif

If you're going to apply that logic it's no more physical than watching telly cos surely you have to go to the bathroom get a soda and that whilst doing that anyway?

I think you can spend too much time on the internet if you're on it all day and everyday for months on end cos then it would seem you're not doing much else and that's not a particularly great thing.... IN MY OPINION!

Plus I value the net more once I've been off it for a couple of days or so...

Ames original.gif

Burn where exactly do you

work just asking? I wish I could be on UM all day at work!! Also I'm on the internet the whole weekend long mostly Friday after school till Sunday afternoon. But it's ginna be Monday to this weekend no school Monday! YEaH! I also go on the internet for a hour or so on weekdays after school.

Charter Communications, i give Tech Support. Access to a comp all day, not much work to do, why wouldn't i post? original.gif

I think it's cool you can still think of things to post after all this time lol.

I spose once you get into it though you become more aware of the different topics and more able to give your opinion on them.

Oh and Burnsy in Debates could you remind jpalz to post on the best rock music debate cos I don't wanna do it and get misconstrued as that being my first post!

Ames original.gif

Sounds liek you got a pretty cool job lucky! I can't wait untill I get my new cell phone it's going to be able to go on the internet. Then I'm going to be in Yahoo chat all day in school! laugh.gif

I send reminders out when i think the person has had more than enough time to respond, mainly after 7 days. original.gif

I'm determined to be the first to hit 5000, once i get there i'm gonna slow down abit.