Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you dreamed of this man?

DynamiteWithALaserBeam

A few months back I ran into this website: http://www.thisman.org/ and it talks about how one psychiatrist's patient drew a man she kept dreaming of and soon enough, the other patients claimed to have seen him in their dreams.

There are so many comments on the website, I was wondering what you thought of it? Have you heard of this man before?

Edited by DynamiteWithALaserBeam

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zednuts

• DynamiteWithALaserBeam

• JR.Fury

• a nice cup of tea

Through a tiny bit of digging long ago, it was found that the site was created by Andrea Natella, the director of guerrigliamarketing.it, an advertising agency that uses non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns as a form of guerrilla marketing.

That tidbit of information aside, everyone is still left wondering what marketing was to be done, and if it was abandoned. There hasn't seemed to be any updating done, and the site was eventually sold to Ghost House Pictures, a horror movie production company, in promotion for a new film called This Man, written and directed by Bryan Bertino.

My verdict: unconventional viral marketing.

Yup it'a hoax. I came across this one about 6 months ago and investigated. Here's a link- http://www.jawbone.tv/articles/item/49-ever-dream-this-man?urban-myth-viral-hoax-or-terrifying-boogeyman?.html

I remember seeing this absolute years ago, wow, brings back a bit of nostalgia.

As has already been mentioned viral marketing, pretty good though if you ask me.

LOL ..a guy I know has had that as his avatar for quite some time and yes, I agree there is something creepy looking about it :unsure:

be more a nightmare than a dream ^_^

Edited by zednuts

Through a tiny bit of digging long ago, it was found that the site was created by Andrea Natella, the director of guerrigliamarketing.it, an advertising agency that uses non-conventional communication techniques, like the creation of fictitious events or campaigns as a form of guerrilla marketing.

That tidbit of information aside, everyone is still left wondering what marketing was to be done, and if it was abandoned. There hasn't seemed to be any updating done, and the site was eventually sold to Ghost House Pictures, a horror movie production company, in promotion for a new film called This Man, written and directed by Bryan Bertino.

My verdict: unconventional viral marketing.

You make a good point but I'm wondering what they were selling, the ads below the page? Unless it was intended to be subconscious advertising, but I still wonder what they'd sell. Apparently the movie follows the man in the photo and he has to figure out why so many people are having nightmares about him, I'm not sure if it's been released though.

Never seen him before... awake or asleep.

I think I read about this like 6 months ago. Maybe it was that thread Cup of Tea mentioned.

thisman.jpg

According to this theory this man is the image of the Creator, that is to say one of the forms in which God manifests himself today. This is the reason why his indications and the words he utters during the dreams should be decidedly followed by the dreamers.

Hahaha, wow... So this is the face of the creator...

Cool way to have everyone else write your screen play for you! I have seen this before I think right here on UM. The picture is creepy but I liked the "Dream Imitation Theory" myself. I will probably dream about this guy to night just because I have seen his picture. Makes me wonder if this would work with a different subject, and open the web site up and have the public write a book for me! Good idea, maybe I will.....

Rocketgirl B)

thisman.jpg

Hahaha, wow... So this is the face of the creator...

Makes sense now. It screams bible believing psycho killer ^_^

Edited by zednuts

Cool way to have everyone else write your screen play for you! I have seen this before I think right here on UM. The picture is creepy but I liked the "Dream Imitation Theory" myself. I will probably dream about this guy to night just because I have seen his picture. Makes me wonder if this would work with a different subject, and open the web site up and have the public write a book for me! Good idea, maybe I will.....

Rocketgirl B)

I've never dreamed of him myself, but I would be sort of scared if I did...I'm curious how someone could imitate someone else's dream if dreaming is done sub consciously. I don't know much about sleep cycles/dream analysis but whoever came up with this idea must be pretty rich since there's a movie being made about it

I've never dreamed of him myself, but I would be sort of scared if I did...I'm curious how someone could imitate someone else's dream if dreaming is done sub consciously. I don't know much about sleep cycles/dream analysis but whoever came up with this idea must be pretty rich since there's a movie being made about it

g'day DynamiteWithALaserBeam,

I sugest you visit the subject of Jung and his shared consiousness speculation.

Years ago I had some experiences where my wife and I, sleeping close to each other, seemed to have some kind of thought transference / shared dreaming. I put it down to our heads being pretty close. We're both pretty sceptical and analytical about this stuff and am convinced that, whatever it was, it was real. B)

cheers, zedNuts

There's a famous person who "really" looks like this and I just can't remember his name. I want to say a majorly important tech geek or maybe a criminal of some kind but his face has been in the news a lot actually over the years. For some reason I'm getting computers when I look at this, like he was a computer pioneer type or something like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?

My God I literally can't believe this is still going.

here's the first thread I know http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=166279 back from 2009, it was pretty much obviously fake from the get go the marketing company not covering its tracks very well (possibly a stunt in itself)

just try typing in guerilla marketing into the message section both words are banned.