Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is This the End of Men ?

Persia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• Lilly

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• _Only

Well i don't know where you come from...but not all women are like that. It is quite an outdated thought that 'feminine' equals 'weak' and only a man who is macho can make her feel secure. Utter rubbish.

If that's true, how come a majority of women go for the "bad boy" types?

I think a lot of posts here are stereotypes by individuals perceptions of what a man is based on their own past experiences. My son likes to shop in the mall, he is sensitive and kind and I have seen him cry, and you could call him a nerd I guess since he has a 3.9 gpa his senior year as a computor engineering student at Mizzou.

However, he has completed his U.S. Army officer training and will be commisioned as a second lt. on graduation next year. He likes to fish and hunt and easily dress out a deer in no time, and can change his own oil in his car. And he is not a brute or neanderthal but a gentleman and I am proud of him.

And on a funny note, I want to say that the title of this post reads like smething Gandolf said in the trilogy of the Lord of the rings...lol "Is this the end of men?" Actually, I think it's more like "The beginning of women"..IMO.. And that may be threatening to some, but it shouldn't be.

If that's true, how come a majority of women go for the "bad boy" types?

I think for many reasons from down right immaturity and showing off, ie street cred (but even then you have examine where the need for that comes from) to more serious deeper underlying issues. It depends on so many things that i think it has more to do with self esteem and confidence issues. And then some are just simply incredibly shallow and duh. Some will out grow it, others don't and again that will reveal different reasons and motivations for why.

Mainly poor self esteem, up bringing (conditioning), control freak tendencies, the want to please/help override their better judgement. If a female has no self respect and poor opinion of herself, she's in more danger of going into that kind of relationship. That is a fact.

Some females like the power trip that they can cure or convert the male, insecurities can cause this too. And others do it for security reasons, but in my mind that is a sick logic and a sign of damage from abusive circumstances in their own lives. The irony being that the real 'bad' ones are risk takers, unstable and unable to ever be a source of security. But those suffering the ill effects of abusive circumstances can be damaged to the extent they only see security in those who show they use use violence. Who do use their fists -with anyone- to make their point or secure what they want, need.

So yeah i think behind it all there is a whole mixture of reasons that go beyond the simple - Good V Bad.

I'm sure facing against a ghost prank, women always stay behind. When facing dangers, men win.

You probably say that because that's how TV and Hollywood make it look with these ghost hunting shows.

You probably say that because that's how TV and Hollywood make it look with these ghost hunting shows.

That's how it works. Women seem to show more intellectual. But against "unknown" things, they are weaker than man.

Men lead most of big companies in the world. Women may be intelligent but still too weak to try something new, less risky to try something no one has ever do.

That's how it works. Women seem to show more intellectual. But against "unknown" things, they are weaker than man.

Men lead most of big companies in the world. Women may be intelligent but still too weak to try something new, less risky to try something no one has ever do.

Those men who 'lead companies' are not in these positions because of their muscles, but because of their brains. Weak women are a stereotype, one would hardly describe women like Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Ghandi...etc.as weak. They are not 'typical' examples of common women, but still, had women in general been weak, and are not 'catching up', the topic of this thread would have been moot! To a large extent the sytereotype of the weak, meek woman, is a cultural creation and a result of societal pressures; nurture not nature.

Men may dominate in the work place, but as for what constitutes as "leader" qualities, that can surely be found in either gender and is not just a gender specific thing. Also If females are held back by the so called glass ceiling then it is not entirely accurate to just look at the fact more men run companies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/feb/21/women-glass-ceiling-still-exists-top-jobs

Maybe a fairer way to look at this is to look at the ratio gap between male - female entrepreneurs, because perhaps females are on a fairer playing field. The article shows that female entrepreneurism is on the rise. The gap is narrowing.

http://www.startups.co.uk/female-entrepreneurs-the-facts.html

Males are generally more risk taking, that i do agree with, and the article points out that 1/3 of women don't want to take the risk, so that is supported. More businesses are started by males which makes sense. I argue though that the traits to succeed and do well with leadership is not gender specific.

Feminine doesn't equal weak in women, in men however, it does.

I don't think so. I've been referred to as feminine many times. I'm not flamboyant, well not in the stereotypical way. I think possessing empathy and knowledge for both sexes is an amazing trait. Survival of the fittest. Homophobes wouldn't do well in a gay bar, etc. We should all try to be united and stop building walls that stop us from blossoming into a great culture. Some of us are there already, in the greatness. Loved and respected, but hated by many. Why does this seem so wrong?

Back to the point.. While being both feminine and masculine, I find surviving easier and opportunities present themselves more-so, then say, when I hid my feminine side. I'm am strong mentally, emotionally and physically. Not weak by any means. Now are you referring to physical strength or social status among men??? Either way, opinion isn't fact. I've met feminine gay men who lift weights and who are emotionally stable. They also contribute to our society.

Men may dominate in the work place, but as for what constitutes as "leader" qualities, that can surely be found in either gender and is not just a gender specific thing. Also If females are held back by the so called glass ceiling then it is not entirely accurate to just look at the fact more men run companies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/feb/21/women-glass-ceiling-still-exists-top-jobs

Maybe a fairer way to look at this is to look at the ratio gap between male - female entrepreneurs, because perhaps females are on a fairer playing field. The article shows that female entrepreneurism is on the rise. The gap is narrowing.

http://www.startups.co.uk/female-entrepreneurs-the-facts.html

Males are generally more risk taking, that i do agree with, and the article points out that 1/3 of women don't want to take the risk, so that is supported. More businesses are started by males which makes sense. I argue though that the traits to succeed and do well with leadership is not gender specific.

Also, I happen to know that big organizations such as schools and such specifically deal with female and minority businesses to even out the playing field which could also be a big contribution to female entrepreneurship success.

It seems that the more I look around in society, the more it's geared towards extreme misandry and portraying men of all colors as detestable, bumbling, obsolete morons.

In fact, I have a feeling that if Lehman Brothers was Lehman Brothers and Sisters, they might still be around.

—Arianna Huffington

Boy vs girl is foolish when they should work together. Also there is nothing wrong with sensitivity in a male. It is no surprise macho men feel this way but when women feel that way too they are usually the type who enjoy being around the guys, doing guy things, knowing about guy things, and in a sense are the opposite of the man with feminine traits, they are a female with masculine traits. Honestly though gender is a social construct and it is best to have a blend of both masculine and feminine traits in every individual.

It's because our hormones are jacked! Things we eat and drink are radically altering men in general. Especially men younger than 30. Look at them, they're mostly girly metro types. You rarely see a masculine jock type real man anymore with a killer instinct. The fight has been taken from them all.

That's because the vast majority of teachers in schools are women and the poor boys in schools are told by their female teachers that it is wrong for them to be acting masculine (i.e. acting in a normal and natural way for males) and that they need to be "more in touch with their feminine side."

As a result a lot of boys leaving school now are softy, girly mummy's boys who love putting moisturiser on their faces and make sure they have immaculate fingernails. That's not their fault, though. It's because they have been told by their female teachers that acting masculine - even though they are males and acting masculine is how they are supposed to act - is evil and wrong.

Edited by Blackwhite

That's because the vast majority of teachers in schools are women and the poor boys in schools are told by their female teachers that it is wrong for them to be acting masculine (i.e. acting in a normal and natural way for males) and that they need to be "more in touch with their feminine side."

As a result a lot of boys leaving school now are softy, girly mummy's boys who love putting moisturiser on their faces and make sure they have immaculate fingernails. That's not their fault, though. It's because they have been told by their female teachers that acting masculine - even though they are males and acting masculine is how they are supposed to act - is evil and wrong.

My girlfriend's son is 8, and he says he has to look "in style" before he goes to school each day.

So, I'm thinking I'll buy him camouflage clothes and sign him up for Karate, or football, or something. This kid will not grow up to be a pansy, not gonna let that happen. Good sign though, when he broke his arm, he didn't even shed a tear! :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

...So, I'm thinking I'll buy him camouflage clothes and sign him up for Karate, or football, or something. This kid will not grow up to be a pansy, not gonna let that happen. Good sign though, when he broke his arm, he didn't even shed a tear! :tu:

Uh...when I was a kid I fell off my Aunt's horse and broke my ankle and collar bone. I didn't shed a tear either. When I was a young woman I earned a black belt in American Kempo. I'm not a "pansy", but I'm certainly a woman. I think you may be confusing the criteria here. Just my opinion.

May I be the first to welcome the Amazonian Overlords?

I want men and women equal, equal rights, equal treatment, equal responsibility.

At the end of it all, we're all just carbon.

May I be the first to welcome the Amazonian Overlords?

At 5' 8.5" and apx. 145 lbs, I guess I do kind of resemble those Amazons.

I want men and women equal, equal rights, equal treatment, equal responsibility.

At the end of it all, we're all just carbon.

Indeed, in the final analysis we're all just human beings. :yes:

However, I'll bet the structure of my carbon is arranged a bit differently than yours! :lol:

At 5' 8.5" and apx. 145 lbs, I guess I do kind of resemble those Amazons.

Indeed, in the final analysis we're all just human beings. :yes:

However, I'll bet the structure of my carbon is arranged a bit differently than yours! :lol:

See? That little difference is what makes it FUN! haha.

Much respect.

Oh I guess I should state, yes 5'8.5 is pretty tall to me, the Lady that rules over me is 4'11.

To a large extent the sytereotype of the weak, meek woman, is a cultural creation and a result of societal pressures; nurture not nature.

Yes, I personally know some women who purposefully act weak and ignorant because they think it makes them seem attractive. :wacko:

Uh...when I was a kid I fell off my Aunt's horse and broke my ankle and collar bone. I didn't shed a tear either. When I was a young woman I earned a black belt in American Kempo. I'm not a "pansy", but I'm certainly a woman. I think you may be confusing the criteria here. Just my opinion.

I have no issues with the empowerment of women, I actually find strong women pretty damned sexy. :wub:

Only thing I do have issues with is why are young men becoming more and more effeminate? What is physically and chemically going on? This is not how things should be.

Only thing I do have issues with is why are young men becoming more and more effeminate? What is physically and chemically going on? This is not how things should be.

How are men becoming more and more effeminate physically and chemically?

Think you're confusing popular cultures ridiculous emo fad with some sort of global paradigm shift.

Edited by Jerry Only

How are men becoming more and more effeminate physically and chemically?

Think you're confusing popular cultures ridiculous emo fad with some sort of global paradigm shift.

Hormonally altered foods, and hormone altering chemicals found in products used by infants, children and teens. Developing minds are most affected.

Here, this is how: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8361863.stm

If your mom used glass bottles, you're probably ok. If she heated plastic ones in microwaves, well, good luck. Might want to get your testosterone levels checked. I would even wager that these plastics are a large contributor to what is making more males gay. Hormone alteration during a state of early development (brain) can lead to lasting lifetime effects.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Hormonally altered foods, and hormone altering chemicals found in products used by infants, children and teens. Developing minds are most affected.

Here, this is how: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8361863.stm

If your mom used glass bottles, you're probably ok. If she heated plastic ones in microwaves, well, good luck. Might want to get your testosterone levels checked. I would even wager that these plastics are a large contributor to what is making more males gay. Hormone alteration during a state of early development (brain) can lead to lasting lifetime effects.

"We need to get some scientific experts to look at this study in more detail before we can make a proper judgement."

I agree. The proclaimed test results like

They found that two phthalates DEHP and DBP can affect play behaviour.

Boys exposed to high levels of these in the womb were less likely than other boys to play with cars, trains and guns or engage in "rougher" games like playfighting.

seem quite a reach, and are open to so many other factors.

Another theory. But I think you give this one a bit too much credit in determining whether men are actually becoming more effeminate or not.