Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USO, filmed up close

bouncer

It would seem that quite the discussion was sparked over something so pragmatic.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• Welder

• DONTEATUS

• Macroramphosis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it got me hungry ! Anyone for Some Fresh Fish ! :tu:

Why cant people look at things for what they are? It was a white swamp.skunk balloon,duck creature !

I like the Sub story better ! Love it when a Fishing boat catches a Really Big Boomer Sub and lets fourty two miles of line out B-4 they set the Hook!

You never know how to reel in one of these Big-Boys ! And worst is trying to Deep fry it and serve it Up on the beach!

Love the video Welder I love the Northwest Area ! Great water ways !

Too funny Don!!

I almost p***ed myself laughing!!

It is a bouy that was used as a fishing float being pulled by a big fish with a line and a hook baited and some fish took it and ran with it,Come on people,I have used things like that before with the same results and every time I used them they always looked like some UFO UNDER WATER when a big fish pulled it down and ran with it,They do that here in Texas when they go JUG FISHING FOR CATFISH.

Deffinately a bouy that was hooked on either a large fish or a sub...

I skipped a few pages of comments, but I'll give my 2 cents. The orb changes direction a little too well with the boat, which makes me think it is either attached to the boat in some way or it really is an orb. If this was a bouy attached to a marine fish underneath the change of direction would be delayed. Logic: you can't see the fish, so it must be a ways down. I've done enough fishing with a bobber to know that movements aren't instantaneous when they hit below the surface. There is a delay. Another observation is that the orb does not submerge and stays on the surface as far as we can see. If there was a fish on it, shouldn't it bob below the surface? In my mind it adds some credibility to this.

Here is a picture of the conning-tower of an alien USO at high speed. Although some aliens can be seen through the heat-proof shields, most of them are below the surface of the water in the main body of the USO. I would think this USO is making at least 8 knots through the water. I promise this not just something anchored to the seabed in a bit of tide. Honest.

tidal-stream-generator1.jpg

I skipped a few pages of comments, but I'll give my 2 cents. The orb changes direction a little too well with the boat, which makes me think it is either attached to the boat in some way or it really is an orb. If this was a bouy attached to a marine fish underneath the change of direction would be delayed. Logic: you can't see the fish, so it must be a ways down. I've done enough fishing with a bobber to know that movements aren't instantaneous when they hit below the surface. There is a delay. Another observation is that the orb does not submerge and stays on the surface as far as we can see. If there was a fish on it, shouldn't it bob below the surface? In my mind it adds some credibility to this.

Hi, but in one scene/shot the buoy is 'right out' to starboard (right-side) yet still heading same direction as the boat!! And NOT immediately behind the boat.

BUT....BUT...why is the buoy casting NO WAKE? there is a patch of wake behind it, but not starting from the sides like it should be...this is what got me first time I saw it, I am a boat owner and all things towed pulled thru water, have a wake..

Hi, but in one scene/shot the buoy is 'right out' to starboard (right-side) yet still heading same direction as the boat!! And NOT immediately behind the boat.

BUT....BUT...why is the buoy casting NO WAKE? there is a patch of wake behind it, but not starting from the sides like it should be...this is what got me first time I saw it, I am a boat owner and all things towed pulled thru water, have a wake..

Just watched the vid and I do see a pretty good wake behind the bouy.

Just watched the vid and I do see a pretty good wake behind the bouy.

yep me too. about a foot or so behind it though, not starting from the front and sides as it should be

post-121322-0-28774800-1317665826_thumb.

yep me too. about a foot or so behind it though, not starting from the front and sides as it should be

Says who ?

As I have said earlier on this thread, I spent 16 years of my life fishing for crab and lobster, picking up buoys of this size, in tide like this. On average we would pull 600 pots a day, and our season would last year-round. I have seen this scenario, as videoed, maybe over 100,000 times. That buoy is acting EXACTLY how it should be acting if it was anchored to the seabed in some tide. You may want to see some wake at the front and sides, but it doesn't happen like that. Indeed, on some tidal cycles when the current pulls so strongly that a buoy is underwater, the wake will appear several yards behind it.

Let me explain better what is happening in the video - imagine a clock-face where the tide is running from 9.00 to 3.00, with the buoy anchored in the centre. The yacht is travelling from 4.30 to 10.30. as it heads across the clock-face, the current running from left to right will push it down onto the buoy. As the boat closes with the buoy, the crew assume the buoy is moving, but it is not - the boat is. As the boat passes the buoy the buoy itself seems to "move" round the stern. At this stage the woman at the helm goes hard to starboard, you can see the wake clearly moving to one side - at this stage the buoy seems to accelerate but in reality the boat is now going 6.00 to 12.00, and is now going down-tide, away from the buoy.

I would assume, from the crackily radio reception, that the interview in the video takes place well away from Sweden - but still somewhere in European waters because of the way the crew are dressed. In some ways this would make sense since (1) there is little tidal movement in coastal Swedish waters and so the crew may have been very unaccustomed to seeing this scenario, and (2) almost anywhere south of Denmark the chances of encountering tidal currents increase.

There is no USO, no sub and no fish involved in this video. It is almost certainly a white buoy, as used by a pleasure-boat, which is marking an anchor on the sea-bed which the pleasure-boat crew have been unable to raise due to the tide. At slack water, I bet they returned and pulled both the buoy and anchor up.

Edited by Macroramphosis

Watching the video again. I don't think it is an anchored buoy. At one point you can see directly behind it and there is only open water. It also appears to be in pretty deep water, so any coastal tide surge would be minimal, IMHO. The is actually no land visible in the video.

It also appears not to be pulled by this boat, as it is beside the boat at one point and like 300 yards away at another. There is no other boats in sight, but since the video only covers about 180 degrees of arc, there very well could have been another ship. Yet, if that were the case, we'd see a rope.

It also appears that the object does not turn at all. It is the sailboat that is turning. The sailboats wake clearly shows it curves over toward the buoy and then keeps arcing around to the right after passing it. Making the buoy look like it turns away to its left.

it is hard to tell speed with no references, but I'd guess that the buoy is doing like 3 to 5 mph less then the sailboat. If we guess that the sailboat is doing 15 mph (not unreasonable based on watching the wake.), then we can say the buoy is doing 10 mph. Which could just as easily be a whale, shark or other large fish, or even a submarine.

if it was a sub, it would have to be well below periscope depth, which is like 20 feet. To be out of sight and to not create a wake, it would have to be down closer to 100 feet. Still not unreasonable though.

A quick Google search shows that whale often travel at 12 knots, which is about right for this buoy. And sharks travel much slower at about 5 to 8 mph. Which is still possible, but less likely.

Says who ?

As I have said earlier on this thread, I spent 16 years of my life fishing for crab and lobster, picking up buoys of this size, in tide like this. On average we would pull 600 pots a day, and our season would last year-round. I have seen this scenario, as videoed, maybe over 100,000 times. That buoy is acting EXACTLY how it should be acting if it was anchored to the seabed in some tide. You may want to see some wake at the front and sides, but it doesn't happen like that. Indeed, on some tidal cycles when the current pulls so strongly that a buoy is underwater, the wake will appear several yards behind it.

Let me explain better what is happening in the video - imagine a clock-face where the tide is running from 9.00 to 3.00, with the buoy anchored in the centre. The yacht is travelling from 4.30 to 10.30. as it heads across the clock-face, the current running from left to right will push it down onto the buoy. As the boat closes with the buoy, the crew assume the buoy is moving, but it is not - the boat is. As the boat passes the buoy the buoy itself seems to "move" round the stern. At this stage the woman at the helm goes hard to starboard, you can see the wake clearly moving to one side - at this stage the buoy seems to accelerate but in reality the boat is now going 6.00 to 12.00, and is now going down-tide, away from the buoy.

I would assume, from the crackily radio reception, that the interview in the video takes place well away from Sweden - but still somewhere in European waters because of the way the crew are dressed. In some ways this would make sense since (1) there is little tidal movement in coastal Swedish waters and so the crew may have been very unaccustomed to seeing this scenario, and (2) almost anywhere south of Denmark the chances of encountering tidal currents increase.

There is no USO, no sub and no fish involved in this video. It is almost certainly a white buoy, as used by a pleasure-boat, which is marking an anchor on the sea-bed which the pleasure-boat crew have been unable to raise due to the tide. At slack water, I bet they returned and pulled both the buoy and anchor up.

I trust this guy's opinion because his avatar is a fish. Fish avatar says not a USO = case closed imo.

I have an interest in UFO's and USO's but I'm not going to make that leap and say it's E.T. or a buyou. Needs further investigating.

Its a tuna that got away. The "orb" is the "bobber". Went under the boat trying to free itself. Could be 40 feet of heavyweight line between the poor guy's mouth and the float.

Imo.

Looks like a white globe doing extraordinary manoeuvre's within the water, maybe it's a new species of fish. Just as plausible as the OP title.

• 3 weeks later...

:w00t:

I love this line - A swiftly moving white orb was spottted chasing a boat in the ocean off the coast of Sweden. :lol:

What in the world this has to do with UFOs and ET I will never know... If anything I think it shows just how much faith that is needed in this field called UFOology.

While this could well be explained by a number of conventional theories, Hazzard you should really be ashamed of yourself.

Some folks may not know what a USO is, but I've been watching you post long enough now to know that you know what it is and what it means.

The acronym 'USO' for those unaware, stands for 'unidentified submerged/submersible object', just as the term 'UFO' stands for 'unidentified flying object'.

The title USO was entirely appropriate for this video. Just as the title UFO is applicable to objects in the sky before the point of identification.

Pseudo-skeptics be informed, this tactic of constantly abusing OPs who post honest questions does nothing more effective than reflect negatively upon you.

Congrats Bouncer on a terrific find. This might well turn out to be something conventional, (a buoy being pulled by a marine animal, or by another vessel) however I personally have never seen anything like it before, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. Bouncer, for those of us out here who are actually investigating these cases, even examples that begin as 'unidentified' and are established as 'terrestrially caused' are helpful and educational.

From a scientific point of view, one begins with a hypothesis, and then tests that hypothesis against the data set available pertaining to the case.

You've done that here, please don't allow negative responses to deter you from continuing along this path of honest inquiry.

Well met sir/mam, and have a wonderful day.

-Brand of Amber

Could it be the dreaded swamp gas again? What about plasma? A weather balloon? Is it Venus? Must be one of these culprits surely!

....There is no USO, no sub and no fish involved in this video. It is almost certainly a white buoy, as used by a pleasure-boat, which is marking an anchor on the sea-bed which the pleasure-boat crew have been unable to raise due to the tide. At slack water, I bet they returned and pulled both the buoy and anchor up.

It seems to me that this USO is actually an ISO (Identified Submerged Object). Sometimes the "unknown" turns out to be of a very earthly origin. One of the key parts of the scientific method is attempting falsification of any hypothesis (ie, looking for prosiac explanations). I'd say this particular mystery has been solved.

Look directly behind the white orb. It looks like tentacles. I think it is an octopus, or something int that family. It is moving very fast, but you can see the pumping action just behind the orb. You can actually make out the shape of an octopus.