Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dramatisation of 1961 alien abduction

Persia

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• psyche101

• Hawken

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Five-feet tall with very large slanted eyes': Dramatisation of 1961 'alien abduction' to hit the big screen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040607/Betty-Barney-Hill-alien-abduction-movie-hit-big-screen.html#ixzz1YmsetLHJ

It already hit the small screen (tv) in 1975 "The UFO Incident"

I'd like to see more movies on this subject. There was

"Fire In The Sky" about Travous Walton.

There was a TV movie with James Earl Jones in the 70s. It's been suggested Travis Walton saw this on TV and concocted the story based on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhlWqMam4ew

I'd like to see more movies on this subject. There was

"Fire In The Sky" about Travous Walton.

Travis is a lying sack of ¤#"%&. Him, Billy Meier and Bob Lazar (just to mention a few) truly belongs in the UFO hall of shame.

And the movie sucked too.

Edited by DBunker

When millions of people around the world report an abduction experience with simularity about 4 ft. greys, then there must be something to this. And if it's just hallucinations like some claim, then there should be an investigation why millions are having the same experience.

When millions of people around the world report an abduction experience with simularity about 4 ft. greys, then there must be something to this. And if it's just hallucinations like some claim, then there should be an investigation why millions are having the same experience.

Back in the days people all over the world saw and believed in witches. Heck, they even executed a couple of 100 000 people for it.... did that make witches real?

No. I believe that this sort of stuff has more to do with the human psyche than anything else.

Edited by DBunker

I would like some proof Travis is lying ? They all have stuck to their story for years and years. Sure Hollywood mucked the movie all up and made a mess of the true story. But I havent seen anything that shows this was concocted. If they make a movie I hope they stick to the events as they happened and dont screw it all up as hollywood seems to allways do as they did with fire in the sky or Communion. Hollywood is horrible at making true accounts of anything. Lets hope they stick to the events just as they happened or were reported without Hollywoods addiction to B.S.,twist adding things missing things and in the end you have garbage. Fire in the sky could have been a great movie instead they added crap,pure crap that never happened and then didnt tell the whole complete story!

Millions dont report it. Where do you get that crap? :rolleyes:

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven

I would like some proof Travis is lying ? They all have stuck to their story for years and years. Sure Hollywood mucked the movie all up and made a mess of the true story. But I havent seen anything that shows this was concocted.

On the Best evidence threads we have been over the Walton case many times. Use the UM search engine and you wont have any problem finding it.

Here is a tip for you - try debunking the case and see what you can come up with. Just to see if it holds water. Thats how I try and do this. By falcification.

The Walton story stinks to high heaven.

On the Best evidence threads we have been over the Walton case many times. Use the UM search engine and you wont have any problem finding it.

Here is a tip for you - try debunking the case and see what you can come up with. Just to see if it holds water. Thats how I try and do this. By falcification.

The Walton story stinks to high heaven.

Er, there has been many threads on travis walton. I have posted in a few of them. There is no way any hard proof that this case is a hoax. Im not saying its all true, but i find this case very interesting. Off course you will get the same old de-bunkers trying their best to de-bunk it, but then again, thats nothing new :( Apart from the lie detector test, the other thing i find interesting is the fact that none of the other witnesess have come forward to say its a hoax. You can't say that the reason for this is because they are making money from the hoax, because they are not. So why have they stuck to the story. Its not like they are all close friends either, because they are not.

Back in the days people all over the world saw and believed in witches. Heck, they even executed a couple of 100 000 people for it.... did that make witches real?

No. I believe that this sort of stuff has more to do with the human psyche than anything else.

That is a weak example. How primitive were we back then? Did we use scientific evidence to prove that these people were witches? No, we did not. We just dumped them in water, and if they sunk, they were not witches, if they floated, they were witches. Back then was another world, dominated by the church. These days its completly different. I am not saying that abductions are real, but the example you used is weak.

That is a weak example. How primitive were we back then? Did we use scientific evidence to prove that these people were witches? No, we did not. We just dumped them in water, and if they sunk, they were not witches, if they floated, they were witches. Back then was another world, dominated by the church. These days its completly different. I am not saying that abductions are real, but the example you used is weak.

Weak or not, I think it says a lot about human belief system. Take Ghosts, Demons, Aliens or whatever that people do believe in today, 2011..... and the evidence for any of it

Thats whats weak if you ask me.

Still, some people do believe its all real.

Edited by DBunker

Er, there has been many threads on travis walton. I have posted in a few of them. There is no way any hard proof that this case is a hoax. Im not saying its all true, but i find this case very interesting. Off course you will get the same old de-bunkers trying their best to de-bunk it, but then again, thats nothing new :( Apart from the lie detector test, the other thing i find interesting is the fact that none of the other witnesess have come forward to say its a hoax. You can't say that the reason for this is because they are making money from the hoax, because they are not. So why have they stuck to the story. Its not like they are all close friends either, because they are not.

I agree that the walton story is an interesting one.... but in the end thats all it is, an interesting story. It all comes down to belief. Do we choose to believe it, or not. All we have are words comming out of someones mouth. We know that people lie, for whatever reason.

Based on the evidence (or the lack of), I choose not to believe in this one..

Weak or not, I think it says a lot about human belief system. Take Ghosts, Demons, Aliens or whatever that people do believe in today, 2011..... and the evidence for any of it

Thats whats weak if you ask me.

Still, some people do believe its all real.

Im glad you brought up "belief system" Do you believe that only believers have a "belief system"? If so, you are wrong. Many non believers have their own belief system, and it gets in the way of honest thinking. Take de-bunkers. There belief system is just as bad as the believers belief, but they will never admit that, and at the end of the day, you are both as bad as echother :(

I agree that the walton story is an interesting one.... but in the end thats all it is, an interesting story. It all comes down to belief. Do we choose to believe it, or not. All we have are words comming out of someones mouth. We know that people lie, for whatever reason.

Based on the evidence (or the lack of), I choose not to believe in this one..

You have just proven to everyone how a belief system can cloud your judgement. This is the reason why you think this is a hoax! lol If that does not scream belief system, i don't know what does!

You have just proven to everyone how a belief system can cloud your judgement. This is the reason why you think this is a hoax! lol If that does not scream belief system, i don't know what does!

When serching for answers to these paranormal phenomenon I always turn to science. In most of the cases there is nothing to investigate... all we have is a story.

Thats where belief comes in, and thats where it all ends for me. Hoax or not.

Like my sig says - I want to know not just to belief.

Edited by DBunker

When serching for answers to these paranormal phenomenon I always turn to science. In most of the cases there is nothing to investigate... all we have is a story.

Thats where belief comes in, and thats where it all ends for me. Hoax or not.

Like my sig says - I want to know not just to belief.

You turn to science ( your religon ) for your answers. Ok, let me ask you this. Why is it that we get some stupid explanations form certain skeptics and scientists? Some of these explanations make the et explanation more logical, why is that? Do you really believe that these people don't have a belief system? If you do think that, then you are a bit ignorant.

Belief comes into it from all angles, be it from a believer or a de-bunker. If you can't see this, then you never will. If you can't see that you are basically running on your belief system, then you never will. Its a it like trying to tell a religous person that God does not exist :(

You turn to science ( your religon ) for your answers. Ok, let me ask you this. Why is it that we get some stupid explanations form certain skeptics and scientists? Some of these explanations make the et explanation more logical, why is that? Do you really believe that these people don't have a belief system? If you do think that, then you are a bit ignorant.

Belief comes into it from all angles, be it from a believer or a de-bunker. If you can't see this, then you never will. If you can't see that you are basically running on your belief system, then you never will. Its a it like trying to tell a religous person that God does not exist :(

People believe in all sorts of wacky stuff, even me. But when it comes to this alien abduction/ET visitation I will not believe in anything until the day when good evidence is on the table.... if that ever happens. Then I will not have to believe, then I will know.

Until then all these fantastic stories are, to me, a dead end.

People believe in all sorts of wacky stuff, even me. But when it comes to this alien abduction/ET visitation I will not believe in anything until the day when good evidence is on the table.... if that ever happens. Then I will not have to believe, then I will know.

Until then all these fantastic stories are, to me, a dead end.

Because of lack of evidence, does not mean its a load of rubbish. Again, its your belief system that tells you that. You like to turn to science, but you don't realise that some of these guys rely heavily on their belief system, hence the reason why we hear some truely terrible explanations.

What "wacky" stuff do you believe in?

I guess its all the screaming that gets everyone wanting to pipe in there belief system ! Nothing like a bunch of screaming Idiots standing out in the dark all looking up at the stars,Hoping to See E.T. Fly by !

And then getting every septic on this planet telling them they saw a weather balloon ,or Duck ,swampgas or the guy standing next to them just ate a bunch of Raunch house beans !

Now that will put the Green Fog into your eyes and one just might See E.T.`s!

As for the 1961 abduction and Travis Waltons abduction ! I really hate it whne all the experts that sit behind there keyboards type that these events could not of happened !

Were you There ? :innocent:

Because of lack of evidence, does not mean its a load of rubbish. Again, its your belief system that tells you that. You like to turn to science, but you don't realise that some of these guys rely heavily on their belief system, hence the reason why we hear some truely terrible explanations.

Belief systems has nothing to do with it..... Its called The Scientific Method.... Google it. :tu:

Actually i read statistics that stated that 95% of all claimed alien abductions are from the U.S.A. If true then i would suggest that it says far more about American pop culture than it does about aliens.

Actually i read statistics that stated that 95% of all claimed alien abductions are from the U.S.A. If true then i would suggest that it says far more about American pop culture than it does about aliens.

Pop culture in America is all about money Aliens are all about belief systems ! One must believe in them first,then You can See them. Until we get real proof Its all Pop culture to me !

And Ive even Seen a few UFO`s ! :tu:

Unidentified Food Object`s

post-68971-0-86372700-1316982545_thumb.j

This movie will be one of the highest earners of Hollywood films and compete for next year Oscars. I could not wait to wait it soon

Welcome to the Show mitosblog ! Keep postin and read all you want and post all you can the U/M Forum is the Greatest Show on Earth!

THe Movie will be a big Hit I agree ! :tu:

I gotta get a new keyboard!

Edited by DONTEATUS