Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA to spend $1.6 billion on space taxis

Saru

NASA is offering to fund a private company who can provide manned trips to and from the space station.

NASA hopes some U. S. companies will soon be giving the Russians a run for their money to fly astronauts to the International Space Station.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Supertypo

• Just Dave

• Evo

• reggie2011

More focus should be on space tourism, not just for getting an exclusive group of people to have all the fun...space belongs to us all, so why only phd astronauts get to go...until they find a way for the common man to go, space programs will continue to struggle...aviation was once reserved for only the wealthy and because of this it started to die, it wasn't until the common man was able to experience flight that aviation took off. The Concorde is a perfect example as to why things should never be exclusive.

US logic suprises me every time... They have shitloads of money going in, but they cant make a simple spaceship or space vehicle design...WIth all the worlds technology i think NASA failed big time...My money goes to China at least they have something to show...

@ sp80 Space tourism will never flourish since they cant really manage their greedy plans...Give that money to Russians or Chinese or even better propose to make one single international space agency, like it should be..

US logic suprises me every time... They have shitloads of money going in, but they cant make a simple spaceship or space vehicle design...WIth all the worlds technology i think NASA failed big time...My money goes to China at least they have something to show...

@ sp80 Space tourism will never flourish since they cant really manage their greedy plans...Give that money to Russians or Chinese or even better propose to make one single international space agency, like it should be..

So I guess Whirrled Peas is outta the question too ? :w00t:

Attitudes like that only make things cloudy !

I just hope they have learn their lessions and no more screw ups like the Space Shuttle and standardize the building of these vehicles and by doing so bring down the cost of building and maintaining them and stop behaving like cut ups.

So I guess Whirrled Peas is outta the question too ? :w00t:

Attitudes like that only make things cloudy !

Cloudy...Whole NASA history is "abit" cloudy. And if they cant do it, i think US will fall behind in space exploration. See i would ask them where is all the money is going now that shuttle is out of bussines. In my opinion they would have more money now that they dont need to maintain shuttles.. And i'll insist in making one world space agency...solo can have issues with money,ideas,atitude,..Everything.. But can you imagine that China and Russia would agree on my idea, can you imagine space program then :D!

Cloudy...Whole NASA history is "abit" cloudy. And if they cant do it, i think US will fall behind in space exploration. See i would ask them where is all the money is going now that shuttle is out of bussines. In my opinion they would have more money now that they dont need to maintain shuttles.. And i'll insist in making one world space agency...solo can have issues with money,ideas,atitude,..Everything.. But can you imagine that China and Russia would agree on my idea, can you imagine space program then :D!

I can already see the world space agency becoming a huge faraonic project, with thousand of workers, burocrats, administrators ect and divouring twice of NASA budget daily!

Nah IMO the best is many small indipendent non governamental dynamic space companies, with lots of competion. Rather than a huge slow dinosaur.

Edited by ~C.S.M~