Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story

Keel M.

Has anyone noticed this show that premiers next week on October 5th on FX? If you haven't heard of it, this is the premise from an article about the show:

The show follows the Harmons — husband and wife Ben and Vivien and their daughter Violet — who have moved from Boston to Los Angles into a house that has quite a bit of history to it. That history, as it turns out, has been why the Harmons have gotten it for a steal, and they’re quick to blow off the circumstances under which the place went up for sale. We get to see a bit of that history, and it’s clear the Harmons aren’t going to have a home-”sweet”-home here.

• Like 1

I'm gonna check it out. Looks interesting. I pretty much end up liking most any show on FX. Lots of originality, good writing and concepts.

• Like 1

I cannot wait to see how this goes over. The teasers and stuff that have been floating around the internet have me seriously hyped! Looks super eerie.

First time I saw the commercial for it, I thought it was a movie I hadn't heard of, then I saw that it was a tv show and I was surprised.

I caught this last night, and it was.. interesting. Weird and twisted, and not just from a spooky point of view.

Bah! I missed it! I've been worried that its not gonna be have as cool as they've tried to make it look. =/

It was weird, twisted, demented...I liked it so far. They are definitely trying to push the limits of acceptable viewing on cable tv. I will tune in again :)

It was weird, twisted, demented...I liked it so far. They are definitely trying to push the limits of acceptable viewing on cable tv. I will tune in again :)

That's what FX is known for...

That's what FX is known for...

That's why all my fav shows are on that channel. This show definitely raised an eyebrow or two more than I expected though. I hope they cool it with the man-ass though.

Edited by Is it for real

That's why all my fav shows are on that channel. This show definitely raised an eyebrow or two more than I expected though. I hope they cool it with the man-ass though.

Lol, I didn't mind the nakie butt action. But yeah, if yer getting caught wandering around in a trance or sleepwalking or whatever is supposed to be happening to him, start wearing at least boxers to bed since there's a teenage daughter in the house. EW, lucky she wasn't up looking for a late night snack, lol.

Lol, I didn't mind the nakie butt action. But yeah, if yer getting caught wandering around in a trance or sleepwalking or whatever is supposed to be happening to him, start wearing at least boxers to bed since there's a teenage daughter in the house. EW, lucky she wasn't up looking for a late night snack, lol.

Lol yes that family has issues for sure

the show was definitely interesting but i'm gonna need to see a few more episodes to decide if i'll finish it.

Oh hey! I made a thread about this too! I saw it, I think I'm so going to like this. Lots and lots of stuff you want to know what's behind it. I haven't seen many shows on like this; I was really excited. Jessica Lange and her daughter were some freakkaaay characters. I loved how Jessica Lange characters was all nice and then went to crazy beotch in a matter of seconds, lol. Just lots of interesting characters, my expectations are pretty high so far. :yes:

Edited by ChloeB

Lol, I didn't mind the nakie butt action.

I didn't either.

I like the show though, even if you don't know what to make of it it definitely keeps you interested.

I finally caught the first episode a day or so ago and watched the second yesterday, I really liked it. I had really high hopes, and while it didn't exactly live up to those, it still caught me off guard. I was honestly expecting it to be a little more down to earth, but it seems to be taking more of a paranormal route, which I don't mind at all. Regardless, I can't wait to see where they go with this series. It will either get really, really interesting or really, really stupid. I'm hoping for the former.

I like it I'm not sure how much yet.

Edited by ohio state buckeyes

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the first 3 episodes and decided to watch the 1st one late one night, let's just say I couldn't get to sleep I immediately watched the other 2 episodes because I couldn't wait to see what happened next. This show is great, different from any other show I've seen. It's so dark, creepy and totally original. I'm hooked

This show is completely nuts, in a good way. I just can't figure out how they are going to keep it going with the two main characters for more than one season. They aren't exactly no-name actors so I wonder, are they expendable? Will they become part of the dead cast? I was thinking they already are dead, but I'm not so sure. Will they bring new tenants in each season? If so, how will they keep it fresh season after season? All this show does is keep me wondering, and I like it.

We don't get that show...sigh

I'm liking the show so far.. Last episode was pretty interesting with some of the interactions and reveals going on.

But I too have to wonder how far the show can go on without it starting to become implausibly stale or just annoying with the introduction of too many fresh characters. I guess they can do as many ghosts as they want, but there has to be some alive folks too, lol.

I haven't had an opportunity to watch it but I want to and plan on catching up this weekend if possible. I tend to agree though, how much can they drag this on? It was the first question I asked myself when I first saw previews for it.

I'm in love with this show, it makes me react out loud during every episode. I love hearing other people's theories on it too.

This show is completely nuts, in a good way. I just can't figure out how they are going to keep it going with the two main characters for more than one season. They aren't exactly no-name actors so I wonder, are they expendable? Will they become part of the dead cast? I was thinking they already are dead, but I'm not so sure. Will they bring new tenants in each season? If so, how will they keep it fresh season after season? All this show does is keep me wondering, and I like it.

I read the creator originally wanted every season to feature a different family, or home owners. Before I read that I was also wondering how on earth they were going to keep it going with the same characters staying alive. Cause I sure as hell would have been out of there 3 episodes ago, so I can't imagine they'd survive long.

im loving it so far :tu:

We don't get that show...sigh

they have it on hulu..

i really enjoyed the halloween episode.

i couldnt imagine having to live with the ghost of a unstable pregnant mistress,im mean thats a eternity of anger and hurt to deal with.