Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story

Keel M.

Ok I noted previously in this thread that I was unsure of the 1st episode.... But I gave it a chance to see how it grows.. and I got to see the second episode recently.. and I liked it... So I will keep recording each episode to keep going...

Whelp. I was really really really hoping that wasn't who Rubberman turned out to be.

I didn't expect it to be who it was...at first I thought it was pretty cool, but then it kind of weakened the character of Rubberman for me.

I have been watching it as well and I love it! I have a hard time sleeping after watching it! :lol: Despite all the advertisements telling us otherwise, neither of our service providers here in Manitoba are offering FX Canada. <_< So I have to be content with downloading and watching it the next day! Can't wait to watch tonight!

I didn't expect it to be who it was...at first I thought it was pretty cool, but then it kind of weakened the character of Rubberman for me.

Yeah, it sort of made him less scary to me. I mean, it's certainly still weird as hell and maybe that's what they wanted instead of just scary.

Glad you like it too Relle. :lol: And don't worry, I think it's made plenty of people a little uneasy at bed-time haha.

Edited by ~TheBigK~

Yeah, it sort of made him less scary to me. I mean, it's certainly still weird as hell and maybe that's what they wanted instead of just scary.

Glad you like it too Relle. :lol: And don't worry, I think it's made plenty of people a little uneasy at bed-time haha.

It doesn't help with a husband like Jay who goes out of his way to freak you out even more! Jerk!

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched ep 10. last night. At first I wasn't sure about the show but the last couple of episodes have linked things together to make it really compelling, I hate having to wait for the next week to see what's going to happen.

Poor Violet last night realising her fate and did you pick up the other week when they spoke about the anti-Christ being a child born of spirit and human? A definite opening for a second season.

i got goosebumps watching the latest episode...next week is series finale. it should wrap up some questions im sure we all have :) love this show!

Well I'm half way through the 1st episode and I'm hooked!

_EDIT_

SPOILER!

The dude just had a cry w4nk! Mad!

_EDIT 2_

I'm in love with the redhead house keeper! (the young one not the old one with a milky eye! Well unless I'd had a few to many beers)..

Edited by bulveye

6442785851_658979e1cb_o.jpg

6442786037_3c54dfec5a_o.jpg

She is such a ****! :wub::devil: AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH I'm cracking up!!!

Edited by bulveye

(SORRY to keep posting..but)

{SPOILER ALERT}

The whole thing has gone a bit Rosemary's Baby and Amityville horror! The plot is sooo convoluted and messed up! Loving it, great acting all round, awesome direction and the producer must be feeling pretty smug too! The dads a right b******, but I wonder how much he is influenced by the 'demon/ghost/entity'. Feel really sorry for the daughter, she seems tough but then she just overdosed, poor little thing. And the mam seems the strongest out the lot but I worry about what is growing inside of her... :unsure2:

ALso poor piggy man :cry:

Edited by bulveye

I think this is a great show and interested in the season finale. I'm curious about how season 2 will look. * SPOILER * Same family as ghosts? Just the dad alive? New family all together? Don't know, but a 2nd season was picked up.

The cool thing about this show is that there was so much going on in earlier episodes. Some of it seemed random, but as the shows progressed it all kinda came together and made sense.

Awesome finale! Loved the new family and their quick departure. I just realized that scenario was a modern and more gruesome adaptation of Beetleguese the movie when the ghosts tried to get rid of that family...

I wonder if they are going to carry on next season with the same characters. But it would be cool if they did something different every year in a different house.

Even though the ending looked to be continued I think the whole purpose was to show the Harmon family being together and happy and the neighborhood horrors are there to stay...Time for a new story, new neighborhood.

Edited by Is it for real

Yeah, I am curious too where the show will go from there. Thought the season finale was pretty good. Overall, thought this show was interesting and pretty original.

Here's a brief interview with Ryan Murphy, if you don't want to know about season 2 it's a bit spoilerish.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/american-horror-story-season-2-spoilers/

I'm pretty sure this guy is just doing whatever he can to mess with us. I love the idea of a new family every season, it's certainly unique. I'm just not sure how to feel about it since I've grown attached to some of the characters even though I hate them. :P What I really don't know how to feel about is some of the cast returning to play different characters. Again, it's unique, but man, he better do a good job.

Hey I have a question maybe someone can answer...

When the ghosts hanged Mr. Harmon, who was the male ghost with the slashed face? It wasn't Constance's boyfriend and definitely not the blonde gay guy, though I think this guy had blonde hair. I don't think it was the crazy doctor and it wasn't Tate. Anyone know what I'm missing?

I think it was one of those intruders from the first few eps that tried to kill Violet and her mum. 2 died in the house.

If they move location how are the going to tie up little 'demon' child what is he about 4 or 5 and has made his first killing? And the doc thought Tate was a psychopath lol.

I think it was one of those intruders from the first few eps that tried to kill Violet and her mum. 2 died in the house.

If they move location how are the going to tie up little 'demon' child what is he about 4 or 5 and has made his first killing? And the doc thought Tate was a psychopath lol.

I think it's all wrapped up enough.

Constance is going to raise another psycho, a Michael Myers type at that.

The Harmon's are finally happy ever after, their wish come true.

Tate will obsess and chase Violet forever.

The burned face guy will die in jail.

The maid feels she accomplished what she had to.

Bo is stuck in the attic.

The gay guys, well they'll bicker and nag for eternity.

The 1930's lady gave up on the baby and can now move on.

All the others; Hayden, the exterminator, Constance's boyfriend, the doctor, the 1970's kids and all others are all just ghosts who are stuck to deal with each other.

So it's a haunted house with crazy neighbors that they could spin off of forever like every horror movie or they can let it be as it is and end it with a bang. They can tell us another story now, and who says a horror story has to be about ghosts?

* Spoiler *

This is from the article BigK posted:

Murphy offered this tantalizing tease: “There’s a clue in the last three episodes where we say what the second season will be.”

Curious if anyone has ideas on this?

Is it for real -I think you were right on with your last. I hadn't thought about it that way, but you summed it up very well how the show was wrapped up.

* Spoiler *

This is from the article BigK posted:

Curious if anyone has ideas on this?

Is it for real -I think you were right on with your last. I hadn't thought about it that way, but you summed it up very well how the show was wrapped up.

Why thank you. I have no idea what those clues were. Though I have a friend who is basically a savant when it comes to picking up on the smallest of details, especially in horror films. Whenever I talk to him I'll relay his thoughts if he has any. He is rarely wrong in these cases.

A lot of people think it will be "Aunt Jo's" house since they mentioned it quite a few times. I don't see why they would go there though if all of the characters who were associated with it aren't returning next season. I also read somewhere that Murphy isn't interested in doing another house. So some people are thinking places like a hospital, asylum, etc. Another possibility is the jail Larry went to.

I'll probably re-watch all of them soon, so I'll listen for any clues this time around.

Edited by ~TheBigK~

Wow, I had no idea that season 2 wouldn't be based on the Harmon household. I'm both annoyed and excited by this.

I'll miss Tate though, fingers crossed he's a cast member that will return (and hopefully not as a maniac this time) ^_^