Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story

Keel M.

Yeah it was with my collector's DVD along with Under the Hood & the comic. All in all I'd say they did a great job on all three. However I actually liked how the film showed Rorshach screaming "You don't understand! I'm not locked in here with you! You're locked in here with me!" He so got boned in the end but he went downlike a man though. "Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never Compromise." I agree with him & his view on the Comedian.

Yeah, as as diehard fan of the comic I still love the movie and Under the Hood/Black Freighter. Even the things they changed in the movie didn't bother me. The actor who played Rorschach was just flawless and the end was great. But! The one thing I didn't like was Nite Owl being there and screaming like he got stabbed when Rorschach went poof. Nite Owl was too preoccupied by getting busy with Laurie in the comic and poor Rorschach was just out there alone. I have strong feelings about this, clearly. :P

Anyway, so we did steer too far into off-topic land, do you remember much from the episodes you saw of AHS?

• Like 1

Yeah but look at Night Owl. I mean if I was him, I would've chose sex with the girl instead of watching my best friend getting turned into a blood mist. He probably hadn't gotten laid much prior to her pity effing on the couch.

No not really. I remember the maid that went from hot to old. The gimp in the walls knocking b****es up. & People breaking into homes & getting slaughtered by the pyscho next door. Oh! & something about cookies. Lol!

Yeah but look at Night Owl. I mean if I was him, I would've chose sex with the girl instead of watching my best friend getting turned into a blood mist. He probably hadn't gotten laid much prior to her pity effing on the couch.

Oh I'm not saying I blame Nite Owl at all, I'm saying they could have kept it that way in the movie instead of having him adhere to bro's before ho's since he didn't.

No not really. I remember the maid that went from hot to old. The gimp in the walls knocking b****es up. & People breaking into homes & getting slaughtered by the pyscho next door. Oh! & something about cookies. Lol!

That's essentially the whole show haha. Hmm, cookies? There were cupcakes, one that was used to try and poison someone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched the 1st episode.. It was good .. I now wonder what is doctor Arthur Arden up to ?

I watched the 1st episode.. It was good .. I now wonder what is doctor Arthur Arden up to ?

Very bad and creepy things lol.

There's a thread for this season here btw: www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=236092&hl=

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got to the first episode of Asylum last night . I can see it will be very different from the first one,but that's a good thing I think .

I'm enjoying this season. Jessica Lange was fantastic as Constance, but I actually like her character better this season. Sister Jude seems much more complex and I think her character will be developed a lot throughout the season.

It took me awhile to get into s2. The 4th and 5th episodes are by far the best (so far) IMO. There's a twist in ep 5 which was pretty good.

Edited by RavenEyes19
  • Like 1

I hadn't heard of this until I was drawn in by the white nun promo poster, which I found online recently. I've watched most of the first season on Netflix; haven't caught the asylum season yet. The first season didn't make any sense, but the inside of that house was so damn beautiful. That, more than the drama, kept me watching.

Also, I think the way they handled the relationship between the neighbor and daughter with Down Syndrome got fairly offensive.

I hadn't heard of this until I was drawn in by the white nun promo poster, which I found online recently. I've watched most of the first season on Netflix; haven't caught the asylum season yet. The first season didn't make any sense, but the inside of that house was so damn beautiful. That, more than the drama, kept me watching.

Also, I think the way they handled the relationship between the neighbor and daughter with Down Syndrome got fairly offensive.

Well,its basically going to revolve around a different haunted place,each season ,which seemed weird to me initially,but it makes sense. Some actors will will return . I'm not entirely sure what house season one is based upon .

The asylum in season two is absolutely based on Waverly Hill Sanitorium .

They are taking a lot of poetic license with themes and issues.

Season one ,I suspect ,was supposed to be offensive ,to shock . Jessica Langes character is warped beyond redemption ,and her son is just a wow in depraved sociopathic glory .

She won a few awards for it. Golden Globe ,I'm not sure but maybe an Emmy too ?

The sympathetic character is the couples daughter .For me anyway . I watched it just to see how she ended up ,and how depraved Jessica and her brood could get .

Season two is very different ,mood wise.

Reviews call it disjointed ,but again ,jessica langes character is just so out there ,you keep watching,just to see what taboo she breaks next.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I'd heard of the show but never watched it until last wednesday. I powered through the first season ( those poor people might as well have moved into the Overlook Hotel ) and started the second season today. I obviously enjoy it, but it's so over the top I can't really see it as scary at all, or even suspenseful.

i watched this one and am now watching American horror story Asylum....its weird and real good...love them x

It was a horrific situation that was meant to make you uncomfortable. This isn't American Sensitivity Story.

• Like 1

It was a horrific situation that was meant to make you uncomfortable. This isn't American Sensitivity Story.

Horror is about fear and suspense, not being "uncomfortable" with the morals of a situation. If they were trying to highlight twisted psychological aspects of mundane life and use that as a horror/drama angle it wasn't pulled off correctly, in my mind. It was tasteless.

Edited by Cybele

Horror is about fear and suspense, not being "uncomfortable" with the morals of a situation. If they were trying to highlight twisted psychological aspects of mundane life and use that as a horror/drama angle it wasn't pulled off correctly, in my mind. It was tasteless.

And since when has the horror genre been known for good taste? Ever see The Devils Rejects? That's about as tasteless as it gets. How about The Hills Have Eyes? The Last House on the Left had a completely unnerving rape scene. Actually nearly every horror film is filled with horrific moments, skinning, dismembering, beheading, rape, torture, and on and on. Yes the girl was mentally challenged but locking her in a closet with mirrors is hardly the most offensive thing ever presented in a horror flick. It was well done to shed much light on the mothers character.

And since when has the horror genre been known for good taste? Ever see The Devils Rejects? That's about as tasteless as it gets. How about The Hills Have Eyes? The Last House on the Left had a completely unnerving rape scene. Actually nearly every horror film is filled with horrific moments, skinning, dismembering, beheading, rape, torture, and on and on. Yes the girl was mentally challenged but locking her in a closet with mirrors is hardly the most offensive thing ever presented in a horror flick. It was well done to shed much light on the mothers character.

ever saw the film called mum and dad it is sick but you just got to watch....lol. Edited by Feebs

It wasn't any particular scene involving the mentally challenged woman and her mother that I didn't think was well-done, but the way in which a whole lot of things with the first season regarding these two characters, and others as well, played out. Arguing personal taste is pointless.

I guess I don't consider myself a huge horror fan to begin with, as I have trouble taking most such movies seriously. I don't really care enough about this show or the genre to argue about it or defend my impressions and opinions any longer.

Edited by Cybele

It wasn't any particular scene involving the mentally challenged woman and her mother that I didn't think was well-done, but the way in which a whole lot of things with the first season regarding these two characters, and others as well, played out. Arguing personal taste is pointless.

I guess I don't consider myself a huge horror fan to begin with, as I have trouble taking most such movies seriously. I don't really care enough about this show or the genre to argue about it or defend my impressions and opinions any longer.

That's alright. I figured you weren't a fan. Horror isn't meant to be taken seriously its meant to be enjoyed. I only gave you my two cents because I thought you were taking it too seriously.

Great season so far, if not mindwaring, but then again it would be this show if it didn't make your brain bleed a little. Jessia Lange is really superb in this and to be fair so are most of the cast. Sarah Paulson!! But good grief American Horror Story really loves to torture female characters.

I'm surprised a show so not normal like is still on the air and being renewed for a 3rd season. It's not often anything that strays from the grain so much lasts very long, especially lately.

Look at Pushing Daisies, a far cheerier afair, but it was wonderful, colourful and nothing else was like it and it got canned.

• Like 1

I honestly never watched this show but I am going to give it a go. I love the paranormal and horror genre,the show sounds good from what I've read on here. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...