Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story

Keel M.

Just watched the first season on netflix..what a strange but enjoyable show... lol.. will have to wait a year for season 2 to come to netflix as i do not have regular cable/satellite... i suppose if i have time on my hands and the inclination i could always look to see if there are episodes online

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did anybody see that last episode, 'Spilt Milk'? Wow was that gross.

Yes it was.. I cannot be bothered to watch this show any more, it is just too weird...

Yes it was.. I cannot be bothered to watch this show any more, it is just too weird...

Lol, did I that do you in? If you made it that far you have to finish now. I promise that was as disturbing as it gets and nothing remotely that sickening happens for the rest of the show.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 1

I had watched the first series and found it totally different to most shows I've seen. I've been waiting for series 2 and only found out by accident on Monday that it was out in Australia.

Skip to Sunday and the whole series has been downloaded and watched. I really enjoyed the second series better, I just felt more drawn in by it.

• 1 month later...

There will be a third season. It will feature witches in New Orleans, which brings Ann Rice to mind. Kathy Bates will join the cast. Jessica Lange will stay to play her enemy or nemesis.

• 1 month later...

Won't New Orleans get a bit crowded with paranormal people? "American Horror Story" will be set there during its third season. Ann Rice set many of her books in the Big Easy. "True Blood", with its vampires and supernatural zoo, takes place in Louisiana.

It's a classic moody setting for certain types of horror. Sometimes it's used right and sometimes it's crammed in for cliche. Thanks for the update on season 3!

• Like 1

It's a classic moody setting for certain types of horror. Sometimes it's used right and sometimes it's crammed in for cliche. Thanks for the update on season 3!

It's a great setting for horror stories, especially when you look at how New Orleans is replete with ghost stories that share space with practitioners of voodoo. It's one of those supernatural hot spots.

• Like 1

I can't wait for the 3rd Season.

I devoured the other two.. I thought that Asylum was better than the first season.

Jessica Lange is an extraordinary actress, but I love what Evan Peters brings to the show as well.

Won't New Orleans get a bit crowded with paranormal people? "American Horror Story" will be set there during its third season. Ann Rice set many of her books in the Big Easy. "True Blood", with its vampires and supernatural zoo, takes place in Louisiana.

Are you being serious ? New Orleans is the home of voodoo in America. Everything there is paranormal . Anne Rice lived there for decades . That's why she set her books there ,but the place has been famous for hoodoo voodoo zombies werewolves and vampires,since before we were born . This is nothing new .

Rice just capitalized on the local lore.

There are witches in new Orleans ,but its mostly voodoo practitioners,which is *not* the same thing ,at all .

I know of two witch shoppes in NO ,and they cater mostly to tourists ,whereas voodoo stuff ,the real deal,is mostly local ppl .

There are a few voodoo shoppes,but the ones say in the FQ,also cater to the tourists .

You need to go outside the FQ for yer voodoo .

I do highly recommend Lady MiMis Shoppe though . She is in the FQ,and she's a witch ,not a wannabe making money off tourists as a trade.

The other witch shoppe in the FQ,I don't think will make it .

He's only there because he was forced out of Salem ,Mass,by morons.

Or so it seems.

He doesn't do huge business. Salem is not new Orleans flavored .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I can't wait for the 3rd Season.

I devoured the other two.. I thought that Asylum was better than the first season.

Jessica Lange is an extraordinary actress, but I love what Evan Peters brings to the show as well.

I prefer Evan Peters as Tate versus Kit, but both are great characters. :P

Are you being serious ? New Orleans is the home of voodoo in America. Everything there is paranormal . Anne Rice lived there for decades . That's why she set her books there ,but the place has been famous for hoodoo voodoo zombies werewolves and vampires,since before we were born . This is nothing new .

Rice just capitalized on the local lore.

There are witches in new Orleans ,but its mostly voodoo practitioners,which is *not* the same thing ,at all .

I know of two witch shoppes in NO ,and they cater mostly to tourists ,whereas voodoo stuff ,the real deal,is mostly local ppl .

There are a few voodoo shoppes,but the ones say in the FQ,also cater to the tourists .

You need to go outside the FQ for yer voodoo .

I do highly recommend Lady MiMis Shoppe though . She is in the FQ,and she's a witch ,not a wannabe making money off tourists as a trade.

The other witch shoppe in the FQ,I don't think will make it .

He's only there because he was forced out of Salem ,Mass,by morons.

Or so it seems.

He doesn't do huge business. Salem is not new Orleans flavored .

Read my posts in this thread. You'll find mentions of both hauntings and voodoo in New Orleans. I'm well aware of these things. My point is that three major series of books/movies/shows share like settings.

Read my posts in this thread. You'll find mentions of both hauntings and voodoo in New Orleans. I'm well aware of these things. My point is that three major series of books/movies/shows share like settings.

True Blood isn't set in new Orleans . It's not bayou country either ,its just Louisiana . It could just as easily be Mississippi .

One season of a series in new Orleans ,isn't that big a deal. The Anne Rice series is over 30 years old now . It's not that big a deal.

In general ,a lot of filming is done in NO now,because its cheaper than NY or LA.

If you compare how many series are filmed in those two states,or even Chicago ,its a lot more than NO.

Treme is the only full blown tv series being filmed there now ,but at any given time,at least two Hollywood productions film in NO at the same time,if not more .It's a way to bring revenues back to the city since Katrina .

I prefer Evan Peters as Tate versus Kit, but both are great characters. :P

Agreed. He was brilliant as Tate!

True Blood isn't set in new Orleans . It's not bayou country either ,its just Louisiana . It could just as easily be Mississippi .

One season of a series in new Orleans ,isn't that big a deal. The Anne Rice series is over 30 years old now . It's not that big a deal.

In general ,a lot of filming is done in NO now,because its cheaper than NY or LA.

If you compare how many series are filmed in those two states,or even Chicago ,its a lot more than NO.

Treme is the only full blown tv series being filmed there now ,but at any given time,at least two Hollywood productions film in NO at the same time,if not more .It's a way to bring revenues back to the city since Katrina .

True that. There are a few "True Blood" scenes that took place in New Orleans, though. Tara and her girlfriend lived there. I was surprised that more action didn't take place there.

True that. There are a few "True Blood" scenes that took place in New Orleans, though. Tara and her girlfriend lived there. I was surprised that more action didn't take place there.

Well its the closest big city . I'm pretty sure the city name is fictional . Probably half way between Baton Rouge and NO.

The books are written that way .

The Interview w a vamp series capitalized on the local vampire lore ,which probably started in the 1700s.

Numerous explanations as to why ,but everyone knows that one Cajun word .

Loup Garou ,and you have to wonder why .

It's been immortalized on so many zydeco songs too .

I'm partial to NO,so stuff filmed there gladdens my heart .

Angel Heart ,The Big Easy ,are two of my fave movies .

Nicolas Cage has filmed quite a few movies there ,and met one of his wives there. Numerous people have homes .

Brad and Angelina . Kenny Kravitz used to have a place right on Burgundy I believe .

Sean Penn ,not to mention all the people who come from NO .Harry Connick Jr comes to mind .

Britney Spears is a Lousiana native .

When I was there last August ,I just p***ed Jason Statham by five minutes at Sucre ...I was so p***ed .He was filming that movie with ILk down there ,and only one small scene in the movie was in NO.

People like it there .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

• 2 months later...

Agreed. He was brilliant as Tate!

I just mentioned AHS in a different thread! I love that show and I FELL IN LOVE WITH TATE...Him and that black latex bodysuit can come on over and see me sometime...