Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

9/11 Conspiracy theories, current status?

bathory

So I've been well out of it for a while, and as much as I'd love to read through 50+ pages of back and for arguments, I really don't have time.

So what are the current conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11?

Have people given up on the pentagon missile?

The fake planes being flown into the towers?

Whats the current hypothesis being bandied about by the CT people regarding the Pentagon and wtc 1 2 and 7?

• Like 1

Oh, the Pentagon missile is alive and well. As also is the theory that a Boing 757 did hit it, but not the one that they claimed. In fact, these two rival theories take each other on, head to head, like two bull elephants contesting for a mate.

Dead in the water.

So I've been well out of it for a while, and as much as I'd love to read through 50+ pages of back and for arguments, I really don't have time.

If you ask a hundred people you will get a hundred different answers.

These are the current trends I’m seeing over the past couple of years: -

In

Nanothermite demolition

Increased questioning of WTC7

Pentagon flyover theory

Out

‘No Planes’ at WTC

DEW

Pentagon missile

Of course all of the usual mainstays are still there - Bush administration lead suspects, the WTC buildings were demolished, remote guided planes, Flight 77 did not crash at the Pentagon, Flight 93 shot down, bin Laden dead for years, 9/11 a pretext for oil wars and boosting the military industrial complex, etc.

Every now and then something new and significant appears such as the Fox News reporter letting slip Silverstein was on the phone trying to authorise a demolition before WTC7 went down.

The above are not necessarily theories I agree with, only what seems popular, or not, at the moment.

And like I say, it depends who you ask. The Pentagon flyover theory appears to have increased in popularity amongst the crowd (to detriment of the missile theory) but then Scholars for 9/11 Truth and many other truth movement sites are promoting an aircraft impact.

I guess nothing has changed in that almost everyone is in agreement on the WTC and wider 9/11 motives with some division remaining on details of the Pentagon and bin Laden issues as always.

I’m sure there’s lots I haven’t mentioned that I take for granted.

meanwhile.......

:innocent:

that statement comes from anwar al alaki.

isn't it admitted he works for the pentagon?

does it?

I've no idea...but....

you would say (something like) that wouldn't you :P

does it?

yes
I've no idea...but....

you would say (something like) that wouldn't you :P

I don't know what you mean, can you elaborate? Edited by Little Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEC55CK-lfY

"The latest edition of a glossy al Qaeda-run magazine is out, and it slams Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as the equivalent of a Sept. 11 "truther" -- someone who accuses the U.S. government of initiating the 2001 terror attacks on the United States.

Inspire magazine, the product of New Mexico-born cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki..."

http://world.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=26154&content=57421146&pageNum=-1

so anwar al alaki was connected to the 911 hijackers, dined at the pentagon 2 months after 911, arrested and then ordered released by the FBI, then ran the underwear bombing, the fort hood shooter, the times square bomber, the alleged london 7/7 bombers, richard reid the shie bomber, and the yemeni parcel bombs.

nothing to see here :ph34r:

Edited by Little Fish

I don't think anything you put said that he worked for the Pentagon?

unless I missed it as I am rushing as I have to go out...

correct me if I'm wrong

It could be a case of 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'

nice come back, Little Fish.... ^_^

but isn't all this so typical of anything to do with 9/11.....confused and inconclusive...... :wacko:

Patient: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Condition: Critical, shows little sign of life

Prognosis: Terminal within 6 months

Remarks: Not to be resuscitated

the trouble is, there are a lot of questions that could very rightfully be asked, even if one did not subscribe to any of the alternative theories - how much knowledge the Bush government had, who the Hijackers actually were, whether an terrorist organisation called Al Qaeda ever did actually exist as such, whether Bin L had anything to do with anything, and the one thing above all that surely has "Fishy" stamped all over it, the discovery of one of them's passport, which miraculously avoided vapourisation along with the rest of the plane, among thousands of tonnes of rubble. But because people focus on the more imaginative "Alternative" versions, any questions that might be asked can be dismissed out of hand, by filing it all under "Woo Woo". And I'm afraid the Truth Movement itself really doesn't help itself at all, since its members seem to so dogmatically insist that their favoured version- switched planes, no planes at all, missiles etc- is the right and the only one, and argue with anyone who doesn't agree with their particular theory, whether "Truther" or supporter of the Official version.

Is it true, incidentally, that American Airlines Flight 77 wasn't actually scheduled to operate that day? That seems curious, if it is so. According to reliable sources it was a daily flight, but some seem to be saying that it wasn't scheduled to fly that day.

I don't think anything you put said that he worked for the Pentagon?

As far as I know, there is no direct evidence that he did so, no. But the video clip that Little Fish put up certainly leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I'm not sure if you've seen it, but for those who haven't and also to be able to pinpoint specific things said, I've transcribed it. I put it out in 2 parts, in order to extend a certain part…

This email obtained exclusively by Fox News confirms that Alaki was invited to and attended a lunch in a Pentagon Executive dining room on February 5, 2002. More than 70 people whose names were redacted by the Defense Department are copied on the invitation from the Office of General Counsel. The luncheon featured Alaki as a guest speaker for quote "Islam and Middle Eastern Politics and Culture".

The report continues by quoting an email that the DoD lawyer who vetted the Imam wrote. I decided to quote a larger portion of the email:

I had the privilege of hearing one of Mr. Awlaki's presentations in November and was impressed both by the extent of his knowledge and by how he communicated that information and handled a hostile element in the audience. I particularly liked how he addressed how the average Middle Eastern person perceives the United States and his views on the international media.

The video clip continues:

At the time, besides the known relationship with atleast 3 of the hijackers, Awlaki had a rap sheet, with arrest for prostitution, and another for loitering around a school.

Reporter:

"Is this lunch shocking to you in some ways?"

Senator Bob Graham, Fmr Chair, Senate Intelligence Committee:

"This looks like it may have been another example of where the Department of Defense was unaware of what the Department of Justice and the FBI knew about Awlaki."

Days after that lunch, Awlaki left the country. 3 months later, a warrant for his arrest was issued for passport fraud. The american born cleric is now hunted in Yemen, where he also holds citizenship. But there was a mysterious return to the United States in October 2002. Despite the outstanding warrant, as Fox reported last year, Awlaki was released from federal custody on the orders of an FBI agent. Congressman Frank Wolf wants answers to that secret of 9/11.

Congressman Frank Wolf, Republican:

"I wrote you concerning a Fox News Report about the Bureau's October 2002 decision to release Anwar Alawki from custody upon his return to the U.S. despite an outstanding warrant for his arrest at that time"

Robert Mueller, FBI Director

"I would be happy to look into the matter, I can tell you that we tried to provide everything that we had that would be responsive to the interests of the 9/11 Commission at the time"

In the year since 9/11, Awlaki has become more operational, with direct links to the Massacre at Fort Wood, Failed Underwear Bomber and the failed attack on Times Square.

Surely Bee, you see there are certain pressing questions; why did the FBI agent try and succeed in releasing Awlaki when had already been charged with passport fraud? And make no mistake, this wasn't just a matter of the left hand not knowing what the right one was doing; the FBI itself dropped the passport fraud charges, as can be seen from the following article:

Catherine Herridge's NEXT WAVE: Anwar Awlaki, Ali Al-Timimi and why FBI Agent Wade Ammerman wanted to allow Anwar Awlaki to meet with Ali Al-Timimi in October 2002

katherine-herridge.jpg

Catherine Herridge in her book out today reports her search for answers as to why the arrest warrant for Anwar Awlaki was rescinded in October 2002 at the same he was stopped at JFK upon entering the country.

She asked Edward McMahon, Jr, if he knew FBI Agent Wade Ammerman who she says was involved in the dropping of the arrest warrant.

"You bet I know him, Catherine, I told you when you started that Awlawki showed up in Ali [Al-Timimi's] case…

McMahon tells me that Ammerman was the FBI's number or number two agent in the Al-Timimi case. Ammerman was also the agent who told customs to let the cleric go at JFK."

Al-Timimi's later counsel, Professor Turley, explained in a court filing unsealed in April 2008:

" [911 imam] Anwar Al-Aulaqi goes directly to Dr. Al-Timimi's state of mind and his role in the alleged conspiracy. The 9-11 Report indicates that Special Agent Ammerman interviewed Al-Aulaqi just before or shortly after his October 2002 visit to Dr. Al-Timimi's home to discuss the attacks and his efforts to reach out to the U.S. government."

In the court filing, Professor Turley describes his client Ali Al-Timimi, who shared a suite with the two leading DARPA-funded Ames anthrax researchers working with virulent Ames, as an "anthrax weapons suspect." The researchers used the contractor Southern Research Institute in Frederick, Maryland to do the B3 lab work.

Ali Al-Timimi came to be represented pro bono by the daughter of the head of the Amerithrax prosecution, Daniel Seikaly, who pled the Fifth Amendment in connection with leaking the hyped Hatfill stories about anthrax-smelling bloodhounds.

The NEXT WAVE notes that defense counsel sought audiotapes made during the October 2002 meeting but prosecutors said there was no authority for the request.

Ms. Herridge writes: "By now, we knew there was a connection between Al-Awlaki's re-entry into the United States and a senior FBI agent."

Catherine, known as the "Terror Pixie", asks:

"What was the FBI's motivation for allowing the cleric in?"

Well, for the answer, let's turn to previous reporting by the Washington Post on the subject.

The Washington Post explained in Fall 2006:

'In late 2002, the FBI's Washington field office received two similar tips from local Muslims: Timimi was running 'an Islamic group known as the Dar al-Arqam' that had 'conducted military-style training,' FBI special agent John Wyman would later write in an affidavit.

Wyman and another agent, Wade Ammerman, pounced on the tips. Searching the Internet, they found a speech by Timimi celebrating the crash of the space shuttle Columbia in 2003, according to the affidavit. The agents also found that Timimi was in contact with Sheikh Safar al-Hawali, a Saudi whose anti-Western speeches in the early 1990s had helped inspire bin Laden.

The agents reached an alarming conclusion: 'Timimi is an Islamist supporter of Bin Laden' who was leading a group 'training for jihad,' the agent wrote in the affidavit. The FBI even came to speculate that Timimi, a doctoral candidate pursuing cancer gene research, might have been involved in the anthrax attacks."

Source: http://caseclosedbyl...n-october-2002/

Before & After ...

katherine-herridge.jpg

Patient: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Condition: Critical, shows little sign of life

Prognosis: Terminal within 6 months

Remarks: Not to be resuscitated

um unless it's the officially endorsed conspiracy theory about 11 Arab pilots with box cutters and the ability to bring down the third tower by a cigarette carelessly discarded ^_^

Edited by zednuts

Is it true, incidentally, that American Airlines Flight 77 wasn't actually scheduled to operate that day? That seems curious, if it is so. According to reliable sources it was a daily flight, but some seem to be saying that it wasn't scheduled to fly that day.

It was scheduled to fly on 9/11. But not at 9:20, as the official story would have us believe, but at 19:20. As in, 7:20pm at night. The flight never took off, as can be imagined given the grounding of all planes by that hour. Phil Jayhan, the administrator for Let's Roll Forums, has done an in depth analysis of what happened to this flight by checking out what the BTW (Bureau of Transportation Statistics) had to say about Flight 77. I'll excerpt a bit of his article on the subject:

Flight 77 BTS Database showing Flight 77 having taken off from Dulles

I will be taking my time to build this first post here and include all the relevant things about American Flight 11, which took off from Boston Logan International on September 11th, 2001. I should actually say, is alleged to have taken off from that airport on 9/11/2001. While this is by no means conclusive, it is rather odd to find that not just one of the Flights from 9/11/2001 not showing up in the BTS Database as having been Flights on 9/11, but two. Both American Airlines planes are absent from the BTS Database as having been Flights on 9/11/2001. Both Flight 11 (North Tower, WTC 2, 1st Strike) & Flight 77 (Pentagon).

I cannot currently find Flight 77 as having taken off from Dulles. It hows Flight 77 to be a no flight. No taxi time, wheels off time, departure time, etc..

BTS Database Lookup:

Cheers-

Phil icon_surprised.gif

347a67c00b7390.png

Source: http://letsrollforum...ase-t16545.html

If anyone has been assiduously checking the information I provide, they may have noted that, if you were to do a BTS lookup today, you wouldn't find the same information as what was above, atleast in terms of the scheduled departure time. Today, if you look it up, it lists departure time of Flight 77 on September 11 as 8:10. Above, you'll see that it's scheduled to leave at 19:20, which translates to 7:20pm on a 12 hour clock. Could Phil have gotten the wrong date? I will note that this is possible. Nevertheless, as of today, Flight 77 still shows 00:00 as departure time on September 11, 2001. In other words, according to the BTS, it never flew at all. Just in case the BTS changes in the future, I've attached a jpeg version of the results I got today below.

post-90858-0-44059900-1317313496_thumb.p

well.....it's kinda got like this..... :lol:

meanwhile.......

:innocent:

sorry Bee, but that second video has to be the dumbest most misinformed imbecilic display I've seen in years of debate on 9/11. Aye aye aye what a jackass jerk.. Of course the CIA / 'alqueda' bagged the Iranian leader.. I hate the eyerolly emoticon - it's so disrespectful but am sorely tempted ^_^

Have people given up on the pentagon missile?

They should given up on the missile theory, because the black boxes of American Flt 77 were recovered, which included the voice recorder.

The fake planes being flown into the towers?

They should because the aircraft definitely were not a fake.

Whats the current hypothesis being bandied about by the CT people regarding the Pentagon and wtc 1 2 and 7?

Have to update, but don't be surprised to hear that 911 never happened.

Unfortunately, new people stumble upon drivel like Loose Change practically every day, and as a result the exact same, tired, disproven to death arguments keep coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEC55CK-lfY

"The latest edition of a glossy al Qaeda-run magazine is out, and it slams Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as the equivalent of a Sept. 11 "truther" -- someone who accuses the U.S. government of initiating the 2001 terror attacks on the United States.

Inspire magazine, the product of New Mexico-born cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki..."

http://world.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=26154&content=57421146&pageNum=-1

so anwar al alaki was connected to the 911 hijackers, dined at the pentagon 2 months after 911, arrested and then ordered released by the FBI, then ran the underwear bombing, the fort hood shooter, the times square bomber, the alleged london 7/7 bombers, richard reid the shie bomber, and the yemeni parcel bombs.

nothing to see here :ph34r:

I've now had time to look more closely at your links......

First off....(from your first quote)....although the 'Al Qaeda' statement read out on the video I posted

came from 'Inspire magazine' described as a 'product' of al-Awlaki.....the actual words are credited to

opinion writer Abu Suhail

and it appears that al-Awlaki didn't work for the Pentagon.

Watching your video I have to wonder AGAIN...that IF it was an Inside job...

and looking at it from that perspective for a moment....why on earth would the hi-jackers....be said

to come from Saudi Arabia...an American Ally????

This is another part of the Inside Job conspiracy that doesn't make logical sense.

Surely if 'they' were going to pretend that Islamic Hi-jackers DID IT....why pick

America's traditional ally....why not invent a bunch of Iraqi hi-jackers?

As far as I know, there is no direct evidence that he did so, no. But the video clip that Little Fish put up certainly leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

It goes without saying that after 9/11 the Intelligence services would be going nuts trying to get to grips with the situation?

Surely Bee, you see there are certain pressing questions; why did the FBI agent try and succeed in releasing Awlaki when had already been charged with passport fraud? And make no mistake, this wasn't just a matter of the left hand not knowing what the right one was doing; the FBI itself dropped the passport fraud charges, as can be seen from the following article:

Source: http://caseclosedbyl...n-october-2002/

it does all look like a mess...that's true......maybe they were hoping to find stuff out about him

and his contacts. Maybe they even had hopes of recruiting him as a double agent or something.

when he came back in 2002 for the famous lunch it says he was at that time 'on a rap sheet' or something...to be arrested

for something to do with prostitution and loitering around a school!!!!

which smells imediately of trumped up charges to discredit....the passport charges are not

detailed in any way....and as he was an American Citizen? I wonder what they could have been?

The most puzzling thing is why he came back in October 2002?

Perhaps there were negotiations taking place of some kind......he probably had influence within

Islamic circles....once the dust had settled (literally) America was keen not to alienate Muslims in the US...

Bush made a faux pas early on after 9/11 saying something about a crusade.....which Tony Blair was

not happy with and used his influence to steer away from that kind of confrontation and direction.

So what I'm getting from the whole Anwar al-Awlaki business is layers of Intelligence Service activity

and probablly al-Awlaki playing a clever game with them....behind the scenes...that we will never get

to the bottom of.

sorry Bee, but that second video has to be the dumbest most misinformed imbecilic display I've seen in years of debate on 9/11. Aye aye aye what a jackass jerk.. Of course the CIA / 'alqueda' bagged the Iranian leader.. I hate the eyerolly emoticon - it's so disrespectful but am sorely tempted ^_^

^_^

it does though...bring up another thing to do with the Inside Job theory that doesn't make sense.

Why credit 'your enemy' with such a spectacular and successful attack?

And why create an insanely complicated plot to do that???

The CIA and Al Qaeda link.

Who was using who I wonder....?

The US thought they were using muslims to oust the Russians, but maybe the Islamists

were using the US money and training and weapons to form an effective militant group

who could and did go on to become a trained global jihadist movement. With the Taliban at the helm?

it does all look like a mess...that's true......maybe they were hoping to find stuff out about him

and his contacts. Maybe they even had hopes of recruiting him as a double agent or something.

Maybe they succeeded; but not the type you're thinking of. Maybe they -wanted- him to pull of the various terrorist acts that he is alleged to have played a part in. And, assuming that it really was an inside job, I'm sure you'd agree that this little stunt where he said that no, it really -was- Al Qaeda would help distract people from the truth. On the subject of distracting people from the truth, I've linked to the following video many times.. have you seen it yet?

Maybe they succeeded; but not the type you're thinking of. Maybe they -wanted- him to pull of the various terrorist acts that he is alleged to have played a part in. And, assuming that it really was an inside job, I'm sure you'd agree that this little stunt where he said that no, it really -was- Al Qaeda would help distract people from the truth.

Hiya Scott...... I'm sure there are many agents circulating within Muslim communities, although they

would have to be VERY careful. I wonder how long someone like Anwar al-Awlaki would survive IF

he was an under-cover agent? For instance I don't think he would be going to lunches at the Pentagon.

But if he were playing a clever game with the Security Services he might mess with their heads and try

to give them hope that he could be recruited? Or could broker deals, in some way?

I think he was allowed to get out of the US because they didn't want him to become some sort of focus

or martyr for militant Islamists in the US. That's probably why they dropped some charges.

Or didn't re-arrest him.

I suspect they just wanted him OUT of the country....never to return...

just speculating.

The 9/11 attacks can't be looked at in isolation, although it suits Inside Job supporters to do this.

There are plenty of examples of Al Qaeda war-like terrorist activities all over the world....

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-13/world/us.embassy.attacks_1_al-qaeda-claims-responsibility-gunmen-attack-al-qanoon?_s=PM:WORLD

Did the US do all of these as well? Obviously NOT.

I live quite near to Birmingham in the UK and only this week we have had this....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/09/27/terror-suspects-accused-of-involvement-in-plotting-mass-murder-in-uk-115875-23448635/

On the subject of distracting people from the truth, I've linked to the following video many times.. have you seen it yet?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about this....I watched it but then got distracted.... :)

It is fiction of course.....and I could argue that IF the US was planning something similar

(but making it a hundred times more complicated and risky) then they wouldn't have allowed this to

be aired on TV.

Edited by bee

It is fiction of course.....and I could argue that IF the US was planning something similar

(but making it a hundred times more complicated and risky) then they wouldn't have allowed this to

be aired on TV.

Or perhaps they wanted it to be aired precisely so everyone would say, oh such ideas are “fiction of course”.

:unsure: