Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

Still Waters

Those convicted of homosexual crimes could soon apply to have their convictions wiped from the records under a government measure to tackle discrimination.

More than 16,000 convictions for crimes relating to consensual gay sex could be removed from police computers, following intense lobbying from gay rights group Stonewall.

Men convicted of loitering with intent could also apply to have their criminal record erased under the plans, which emerged today.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

Edited by Chimpanzee

I dont think Homosexuals should be allowed in the Police, Prison Service, Justice system or allowed to become solicitors.

Looking at the strength of their overeactions on these forums alone I think many are incapable of behaving professionally should they encounter people accused of hate crimes, discrimination or in fact guilty of them.

I think the state should keep a database of all homosexuals as a screening aid should they apply for a job connected to any of the above. Old records should be added to the new. Those will convictions from a time when homosexual acts were illegal may be more prone to unprofessional behaviour that others.

Ae you being serious now? Because honestly, that sounds crazy.

It's blatant discrimination that you're championing there.

Edited by shadowhive

Whoa, what a wild generalization.

Didn't what the US did to the Japanese show us anything?

I'm kinda speechless...but give me a few minutes.

Nibs

Wow. You wouldn't happen to have a swinging little mustache, would yuh?

That's a wide brush you're painting with Chimpanzee.

• Like 1

Whoa, what a wild generalization.

Didn't what the US did to the Japanese show us anything?

I'm kinda speechless...but give me a few minutes.

Nibs

A whole list of people should be banned from the jobs it isnt just homosexuals.

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?

Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.

Edited by Chimpanzee

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?

Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.

If you follow that path then anyone could get banned from pretty much any form of job.

Oh no no no. That doesn't work. You're comparing homosexuality with criminal behavior.

Not a valid comparison.

Load of crap is what it is.

Nibs

AND - there are many homosexual police officers, judges,lawyers, etc. right now...

I'm pretty confident that you couldn't pick them out in a crowd and that most of them are fairly practicing their vocation now.

So, these people should be "tagged" so we know who to watch?

Nibs

Oh no no no. That doesn't work. You're comparing homosexuality with criminal behavior.

Not a valid comparison.

Load of crap is what it is.

Nibs

No I'm saying many have a motive to act unprofessionally.

AND - there are many homosexual police officers, judges,lawyers, etc. right now...

I'm pretty confident that you couldn't pick them out in a crowd and that most of them are fairly practicing their vocation now.

So, these people should be "tagged" so we know who to watch?

Nibs

Yes

Would you let a neo-nazi be a judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a black man?

Would you let a black man be the judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a neo-nazi?

See my point?

Wow, I had a few things I wanted to say, but sadly I prefer to have intelligent conversations with rational people.

Edited by thatRobGuy

BTW - Yes, if a person was abused as a child and grew up, gained an education and passed the requirements and evaluations I would give them the job. BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS DISCRIMINATION.

Same thing with any other position.

EVERYONE can have a motive to behave in an "unprofessional" way in a situation. Being homosexual doesn't make anyone "more likely" to behave in an unprofessional way.

You're being too general and discriminatory towards homosexuals.

Nibs

Yes

Would you let a neo-nazi be a judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a black man?

Would you let a black man be the judge of a criminal case where the defendant is a neo-nazi?

See my point?

Judges are vetted and the neo-nazi crap would probably come to light way before that individual was sitting.

Yes, I would let a black man judge a criminal case where the defendant is a neo-nazi. Part of being professional is separating your personal biases from the law.

Again, you're painting horrid generalizations.

I ask you, should everyone be tagged, based on their religion, sexual orientation, color, and then sequestered to certain positions and actions?

Nibs

BTW - Yes, if a person was abused as a child and grew up, gained an education and passed the requirements and evaluations I would give them the job. BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS DISCRIMINATION.

Same thing with any other position.

EVERYONE can have a motive to behave in an "unprofessional" way in a situation. Being homosexual doesn't make anyone "more likely" to behave in an unprofessional way.

You're being too general and discriminatory towards homosexuals.

Nibs

The only other way is to construct a personal file on everybody in the country for intelligence purposes.

Then if you have a gay polieman or whatever the cases they are allowed on can be restricted to guarentee no unprofessional behaviour.

Which is... that they're homosexual?

Exactly how does this translate to a motive to act professionally?

I'm a heterosexual guy, what makes me more likely to act professionally than they?

You seem to be equating it to ... neo Nazis? Really?

Sexuality has been shown to be genetic, it's a genetic trait.

Which is... that they're homosexual?

Exactly how does this translate to a motive to act professionally?

I'm a heterosexual guy, what makes me more likely to act professionally than they?

You seem to be equating it to ... neo Nazis? Really?

Sexuality has been shown to be genetic, it's a genetic trait.

Ok suppose you're a judge and you have a defendant on trial for gay hate crimes.

The only other way is to construct a personal file on everybody in the country for intelligence purposes.

Then if you have a gay polieman or whatever the cases they are allowed on can be restricted to guarentee no unprofessional behaviour.

That would be a gross violation of civil rights.

And what about policemen on the beat? That have no choice what they do or what they're called out to?

Ok suppose you're a judge and you have a defendant on trial for gay hate crimes.

I'd weigh it the same way if the person had been tried for black hate crime, or any other hate crimes.

You've not answered the question.

What is intrinsic that homosexuals are less likely to be professional than a heterosexual?

I ask you, should everyone be tagged, based on their religion, sexual orientation, color, and then sequestered to certain positions and actions?

Nibs

Can you answer this please?

Nibs

Following that logic the only people who could join the police would be those who have never been a victim of crime or have never known someone who has been a victim of crime. Because that past might affect how they treat criminals. Police also provide protection at protests so can't have anyone with any kind of opinion on political topics. Cuts the recruiting pool a wee bit thin doesn't it?

See, I don't think comparing the homosexual community to the KKK and Neo-nazis is a fair example, or a wise statement to make for that matter.

By this logic, minorities shouldn't be allowed to be COPS because they might not be able to handle hate crimes "professionally." Get real, I'm sure that there are plenty of homosexuals who can handle hate crimes just fine. It depends on the individual person, not what race, sexual preference, etc. they belong to.

I'd weigh it the same way if the person had been tried for black hate crime, or any other hate crimes.

You've not answered the question.

What is intrinsic that homosexuals are less likely to be professional than a heterosexual?

I'm not saying all of them I'm saying a percentage of them may be inclinded to unprofessional behaviour if they were the judge at a trial where someone is on trial for gay hate crimes.

I'm not saying you would, I'm not saying the next guy would, but a few down the line we'd get one that will.

I'm not saying all of them I'm saying a percentage of them may be inclinded to unprofessional behaviour if they were the judge at a trial where someone is on trial for gay hate crimes.

I'm not saying you would, I'm not saying the next guy would, but a few down the line we'd get one that will.

So what is the percentage of cases that is happening in now because homosexuals currently hold all of those positions.

You still haven't answered my question.

Nibs