Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police Hunting Amish Haircutting Gang

libstaK

A GROUP of Amish men is being investigated for allegedly breaking into Ohio family homes and chopping their victims' hair and beards off, The Wheeling Intelligencer reports.arrow3.gifRead more...
Yes, I know it's funny, but seriously folks they're terrorising families by breaking into homes in a gang of 20 or more and one victim mentioned is a young girl who had her hair cut off, how odd :hmm: and just plain rotten. Edited by libstaK

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• libstaK

• Chimpanzee

• Robbie333

This sounds like it's some kind of religious punishment (or terrorism). I know in the Amish religion women never cut their hair, which is why it's always wrapped up in a bun and under a bonnet. The men grow beards to signify that they are married and never shave them off again. That is rotten.

Hi there,

New member, first post and isn't it a weird one! Anyway just my tuppence worth. The article says:

"The group refers to itself as part of the Bergholz clan, a nearby Amish community led by bishop Sam Mullet..."

Could it be that it is in fact a rival group who want to get the Bergholz clan into stook?

Hi there,

New member, first post and isn't it a weird one! Anyway just my tuppence worth. The article says:

"The group refers to itself as part of the Bergholz clan, a nearby Amish community led by bishop Sam Mullet..."

Could it be that it is in fact a rival group who want to get the Bergholz clan into stook?

I've never seen an Amish bloke with a mullet.............. I'll get my coat :yes:

Yes, I know it's funny, but seriously folks they're terrorising families by breaking into homes in a gang of 20 or more and one victim mentioned is a young girl who had her hair cut off, how odd :hmm: and just plain rotten.

My, my. What is the world coming to. The peaceful Amish are now running in gangs. Well, at least they don't have guns, just shears,LOL. I am sorry but this is so surreal that it is funny as heck to me, LOL :P

No apologies necessary Robbie, my first reaction was to laugh my head off too.:P

No apologies necessary Robbie, my first reaction was to laugh my head off too.:P

Tis funny--I don't care who you are--Is what Larry the Cable Guy would say, LOL.

Well I know that if they were to break into my home they would be shot to death right quick ,fast and in a hurry,I dont care who they are,I'm glad I live in Texas though and I havent seen any Amish people over here,I heard they are good Barn raisers and carpenters.Also I'm glad I'm not Amish.

Edited by The Unseen

This sounds like it's some kind of religious punishment (or terrorism). I know in the Amish religion women never cut their hair, which is why it's always wrapped up in a bun and under a bonnet. The men grow beards to signify that they are married and never shave them off again. That is rotten.

Amish religious terrorists cut peoples hair off?

Perhaps the girl decided to show her Amish friend her Ipod lol

Do you mind if I ask what happens if its a hairy Amish woman. Does she get to shave her moustache and beard?

Amish religious terrorists cut peoples hair off?

Perhaps the girl decided to show her Amish friend her Ipod lol

Maybe you should read the article. They aren't attacking the general public. They are attacking other Amish people. I stated a fact about how the Amish religion views a woman's hair and a man's beard. These acts seem to be geared to that.

Do you mind if I ask what happens if its a hairy Amish woman. Does she get to shave her moustache and beard?

If she needs to, I would suppose so.

Maybe now people will take me seriously when I tell them about the Buddhist fingernail painters that have been following me. Can I take the straight jacket off?

Humor aside, I always viewed the Amish as peaceful people, it is horrible that some would do such a thing.

Maybe now people will take me seriously when I tell them about the Buddhist fingernail painters that have been following me. Can I take the straight jacket off?

Humor aside, I always viewed the Amish as peaceful people, it is horrible that some would do such a thing.

Does it count as religious motivated oppression?

I always thought only JWs and Mormons followed people around. :lol:

Seriously though, these are attacks against Amish religious creeds that they take very seriously.

Well I know that if they were to break into my home they would be shot to death right quick ,fast and in a hurry,I dont care who they are,I'm glad I live in Texas

I think everyone is glad you live in Texas too, and far the hell away from them.

Well I know that if they were to break into my home they would be shot to death right quick ,fast and in a hurry,I dont care who they are,I'm glad I live in Texas though and I havent seen any Amish people over here,I heard they are good Barn raisers and carpenters.Also I'm glad I'm not Amish.

Texans love to shoot things don't they ? I'm sure the Amish are not disappointed your not one of them :wacko:

I think everyone is glad you live in Texas too, and far the hell away from them.

Yep

Had no idea that the Amish ever did anything violent. Very strange. Contradicts what I'd always believed. Sorry for the folks that were terrorized. Wonder what the motivation was? Why did they do it? Very strange?

On the aside I just bought a new Schick Ultra razor yesterday and my wife cut my hair nice and short this afternoon using electric clippers. I love getting a haircut because it's so easy then to wash and dry my hair! I keep my face clean shaven and shave every day.

anybody else get that Weird Al song, Amish Paradise, in their head now? lol

I have always held a special respect for the Amish. I always thought that if anything disasterous happen to America, they would be the ones living just as well as they did before or coping with the change easier than any of us non Amish. They live simple lives and I admire that. I guess this proves that even the Amish can have disfunctional sub groups that don't follow the life style completely. I still respect the Amish and hope they catch the Group that is giving them a bad rap. Shaved, tared and feathered I hope.

Edited by Princess Tumbleweed

They are not as bad as those Mormon fringe groups which believes in polygamy and marrying 10 year old girls. One of their leaders was just convicted of raping young girls. You may live in Texas, but those Mormon settlements can be found all over the West.

Anyway, it is nice to see a Mormon running for president.

"They are not as bad as those Mormon fringe groups which believes in polygamy and marrying 10 year old girls."

That is pretty lame. Islam believes in polygamy too, and the marriage age is 6 (six), following Aisha´s example. And that is *mainstream*. So those Mormons are not very impressive.

But criminal Amish... now that is something new.

This is just about as bad as it gets. Compared to others, even their form of terrorism is peaceful. I love living near the Amish. I just went to a local farmers market this afternoon and I always go to their booths. Got some of the best white and yellow butter corn on the cob you can find. I also picked up a homemade cherry pie for the football crowd tomorrow and I got a couple jars of homemade apple cinnamon jelly that went on some toast as soon as I got home. God, I love harvesttime. :)