Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yetis 'do exist' Russians claim "indisputable

Still Waters

A Russian region in Siberia has proclaimed that its mountains are home to yetis after finding "indisputable proof" of the existence of the hairy beasts in an expedition.

The Russian coal-mining region of Kemerovo said in a statement on its website that footprints and possibly even hair samples belonging to the yeti were found on the research trip to its remote mountains.

"During the expedition to the Azasskaya cave, conference participants gathered indisputable proof that the Shoria mountains are inhabited by the 'Snow Man'," the Kemerovo region administration said.

The expedition was organised after Kemerovo's governor invited researchers from the United States, Canada, and several other countries to share their research and stories of encounters with the creature at a conference.

"They found his footprints, his supposed bed, and various markers with which the yeti marks his territory," the statement said. The collected "artifacts" will be analysed in a special laboratory, it said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

A follow up from this thread -

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215336

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• Sakari

• Gaden

• vitruvian12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like its just a tourism building plan for a place with a withering economy. The team apparently found everything except the yeti himself. Not even a picture. That seems odd considering it must have been close if they found footprints and its bed. Im going to make a prediction an say the hair they found will come up as unknown or inconclusive.

Aweful gillie suit photo used by the telegraph. Why not a picture of the cave at least?

Because they probably didnt even find that

"Indisputable" huh?

Idk. My idea of indisputable would be a hair follicle, DNA, a carcass, Yeti making a guest appearance on Letterman...

We shall see I suppose.

Edited by Feenix Fire

You would think that the Yeti region in Siberia, being so cold, and a Yeti possibly being an ape like creature, that we would be able to pick up a fairly large sized heat source via satellite or something. Thermal imaging that advanced yet? Logically he would stick out like a sore thumb, I would think.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

It seems clear the participants were almost 100 percent sure of the yetis existence even before the expedition. Not a very unbiased group.

If you do a search in Google you'll find this story is all over the net. Take your pick really, they all seem to say the same. If I find anything with more info in, I'll come back and post the link....or anyone else care to look?..feel free. :)

Couldn't help but laugh when they said they had found his bed.....was expecting a picture of a superkingsize bed with a hot watter bottle hanging up....:wacko:

You would think that the Yeti region in Siberia, being so cold, and a Yeti possibly being an ape like creature, that we would be able to pick up a fairly large sized heat source via satellite or something. Thermal imaging that advanced yet? Logically he would stick out like a sore thumb, I would think.

You would think so...

If action movies are any indicator, Enemy of the State and Patriot Games, the US has IR satalite imagery down good enough to track people and even cat sized animals. Personnally I think this would be an excellent way to find bigfoot in North America. But of course, like building another Great Pyramid to prove it can be done, who the hell is going to pay for it?

You would think so...

If action movies are any indicator, Enemy of the State and Patriot Games, the US has IR satalite imagery down good enough to track people and even cat sized animals. Personnally I think this would be an excellent way to find bigfoot in North America. But of course, like building another Great Pyramid to prove it can be done, who the hell is going to pay for it?

Paying for it would be a waste. When the results of finding nothing were reported the search would either be acussed of not looking everywhere or of a conspiracy to hide its existence. Believers are unwilling to accept results that dont come in in their favor.

Paying for it would be a waste. When the results of finding nothing were reported the search would either be acussed of not looking everywhere or of a conspiracy to hide its existence. Believers are unwilling to accept results that dont come in in their favor.

Yeah. That's why I think it will never happen. It is technolgically possible, yet not fiscally feisable.

Yeah. That's why I think it will never happen. It is technolgically possible, yet not fiscally feisable.

I dont know if the money would be an issue if there was actually some evidence of their existence going in to it. Why spend a lot of money to further investigate something that hasnt yeilded any hard proof by other means?

Why is it that whenever a group says they have "indisputable proof" of bigfoot being real that its always something that can be disputed. Look, for anyone even thinking about making a trip anywhere looking for bigfoot. Unless you have the stinking body of a gigantic ape with oversized feet in your posession, then don't claim proof. It's that simple. Not hard for anyone to understand.

Mike

Seems like its just a tourism building plan for a place with a withering economy. The team apparently found everything except the yeti himself. Not even a picture. That seems odd considering it must have been close if they found footprints and its bed. Im going to make a prediction an say the hair they found will come up as unknown or inconclusive.

From the article :)

The region, the administrative center of Kuznetsk coal basin, has pursued the elusive Yeti for several years as it tries to develop tourism into its mostly industrial economy.

Edit to add this from article :

"I know they exist – I see them every day," a conference participant, Robin Lynn, said by telephone from Kemerovo. She says she has a family of 10 yeti-like creatures living on her land in the US state of Michigan.

LOL

Edited by Sakari

Edit to add this from article :

"I know they exist – I see them every day," a conference participant, Robin Lynn, said by telephone from Kemerovo. She says she has a family of 10 yeti-like creatures living on her land in the US state of Michigan.[/i]

Oh great, even more conclusive proof. Now I believe.

"I know they exist I see them every day," a conference participant, Robin Lynn, said by telephone from Kemerovo. She says she has a family of 10 yeti-like creatures living on her land in the US state of Michigan.[/i]

LOL, does anybody else see them? If not, then...Houston, we have a problem. :lol::rofl:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

That's my opinion too. The cryptid identification of the future perhaps

This statement "There were also some tracks, but we're not quite sure what to make of them." leads me to believe that they were not the standard five toed tracks of north american fame, which I think are from bears or more likely hoaxes. The longer foot with three toes or a 'hand-print' of four digits is more likely, aka dogmanrax, or in this case bearmanrax.

post-94765-0-02008900-1318323448_thumb.j

Edited by tailormaneinafog

This is all fine and dandy, however, they can't expect healthy-minded individuals to invest belief into this if they don't provide proof of this evidence.

All the so-called "evidence" mentioned in the article has been collected many times over the years and always turns out to be hair from known animals and questionable "foot prints" in the snow. The give away is the mention of tourist business. So.... nothing to see here, move along!