Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lair of Ancient 'Kraken' Sea Monster found?

Still Waters

People (in general term) shouldn`t act ignorant and accept the possibility that there are still "monsters" alive. if i am correct only 5% of the sea is explored and only 1% of the deep sea. Even though i am aware of the fact that in order for a specie to survive there has to be a population. But despite that i wouldnt exlude that possibility that animals like the megalodon are still alive.

The oceanic trenches probarly hold a lot of life and as we know life evolves.

even 3700 miles long rivers are still being found http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=212978

I think you've been watching too many SyFy movies.

Humans have explored much more of the ocean than that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Myles

• Setton

• BaneSilvermoon

• ShadowSot

I think you've been watching too many SyFy movies.

Humans have explored much more of the ocean than that.

Guess again

Very little of the ocean has been explored and even less has been mapped in any detail.

Edited by Setton

Guess again

Very little of the ocean has been explored and even less has been mapped in any detail.

I suppose you would have to define "explored" Some define explore as setting foot or seeing every foot. Of course we have't done that. I haven't looked at the underside of desk, but I wouldn't say 50% off my desk is unexplored. I don't think there are giant monsters hiding under there.

I suppose you would have to define "explored" Some define explore as setting foot or seeing every foot. Of course we have't done that. I haven't looked at the underside of desk, but I wouldn't say 50% off my desk is unexplored. I don't think there are giant monsters hiding under there.

I too am doubtfull that there are giant monsters living in the depths. There's just no evidence for it.

The general consensus in the scientific community, however, is that about 5% of the ocean floor has been explored.

The desk analogy is quite a good one actually. You know the bottom of the desk is there but you couldn't describe it's features or tell me if there was a spider there. It's the same with the ocean floor. We know it's there, we know the rough shape of it, but we don't know the details of the seafloor featured such as trenches, ancient seamounts etc or what lives there. By the scientific definition, 50% of your desk is unexplored and so is about 95% of the planet.

Edited by Setton

Not to mention vast sections of ocean are fairly free of any forms of life.

I too am doubtfull that there are giant monsters living in the depths. There's just no evidence for it.

The general consensus in the scientific community, however, is that about 5% of the ocean floor has been explored.

The desk analogy is quite a good one actually. You know the bottom of the desk is there but you couldn't describe it's features or tell me if there was a spider there. It's the same with the ocean floor. We know it's there, we know the rough shape of it, but we don't know the details of the seafloor featured such as trenches, ancient seamounts etc or what lives there. By the scientific definition, 50% of your desk is unexplored and so is about 95% of the planet.

I had to look for that spider!!! :)

I had to look for that spider!!! :)

I had a look under mine while typing it :D

Now to really annoy you:

There's one on your shoulder.

No, the other shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We have explored less than 10% of the deep ocean. But to argue a point. The billed whale has been seen only three times since the early 1900's. And they know they exist now in larger pods due to having caught a pod on video just a few months ago. So to condem anything else that we or the "scientists" dont know about. Seems kind of ignorant to me when you really think about it. Especially when these are top water whales that are almost as large as Killer whales. I'm just saying...

Deep ocean gigantism anyone?

I have read so many accounts of this creature from ships logs that I am convinced it exists. The ships log is sacrosanct to any Skipper. I have never ​read any erroneous logs.

post-129264-0-48274400-1340175324_thumb.

• 1 year later...

Might other mythological creatures also have some semblance of truth to them. If the Kraken could possibly have existed whose to say Leviathan didn't also? It'll be a long time before these antediluvian secrets are given up.

Edited by settlingtheworld

Might other mythological creatures also have some semblance of truth to them. If the Kraken could possibly have existed whose to say Leviathan didn't also? It'll be a long time before these antediluvian secrets are given up.

I think Leviathan is another word for Blue Whale, same for Kraken=Squid

• 2 weeks later...

Is the monster what it seems,.... you bet.....only theres always a bigger fish in the Ocean.