Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

R.I.P. Gaddafi

bee

Why does everyone think it was about oil? You'd have to still be living in 2003 to think that it was all that mattered in this intervention.

Why does everyone think it was about oil? You'd have to still be living in 2003 to think that it was all that mattered in this intervention.

Also why does everyone not talk Libya itself? The more you talk about oil, the more you want oil.

We can all rest easy knowing that the world's date supplies are mostly in secure hands, however, there are still those Iranians.....

We can all rest easy knowing that the world's date supplies are mostly in secure hands, however, there are still those Iranians.....

Iranians have Nuclear...

Iranians have Nuclear...

Hell. I gotta stop eating these radio-active dates then. :blink:

NATO formally declares end of operations in Libya...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8860680/Nato-formally-declares-end-of-operations-in-Libya.html

The end to the Libyan campaign came despite a request by the interim Libyan authorities to extend its mission until the end of the year. They desperately need help in securing the country's borders in the absence of a full, centrally controlled army and police force, and in preventing the spread of the numerous weapons left behind by the conflict across the region.

But Nato says that the United Nations mandate to protect civilians, without "boots on the ground", does not extend to this.

Mr Rasmussen said, however, that individual member countries could provide help in re-forming the military as well as border control.

To protect civilians! It's like they think if they keep saying it people will believe it.

Many in the west probably do, though...due to the heavy propaganda offensive in the MSM.

Underlined above...oh dear...more ''''help'''' on it's way.

In total, "Operation Unified Protector", as the Nato action was code-named, flew 26,000 sorties over Libya from the time the UN no-fly zone was declared on March 17, and hit 5,900 targets.

What an absolute disgrace.

I would like to see legal action taken against Cameron etc...but what chance is there when it looks like the

United Nations are complicit in the whole political/murderous debacle.

Maybe Cameron could be done for aiding and abetting a terrorst organization?

Because they knew that Al Qaeda Islamic Jihadists were involved from the start.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

and

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8861608/Libya-Al-Qaeda-flag-flown-above-Benghazi-courthouse.html

The black flag of Al Qaeda has been spotted flying over a public building in Libya, raising concerns that the country could lurch towards Muslim extremism.

[snip]

The website Vice.com also reported that Islamists had been seen driving around the city's streets, waving the Al Qaeda flag from their cars and shouting "Islamiya, Islamiya! No East, nor West".

[snip]

The move towards Islamic extremism is likely to alarm many in the West who supported the ousting of Muammar Gaddafi.

Lets hope so...but it is too late now. The dirty deeds have been done. The country is wrecked and divided.

Job done.

It would be hardly surprising if more civilians died from air strikes and rebel fire than from Gaddafi's supporters. It is like the old Vietnam War policy of bombing and destroying villages to 'protect' them from Viet Cong infiltration. I suspect the general public today are less able to see through propaganda than in those days, there being more important things to worry about, like what the Kardashians are up to this week...... :wacko:

It would be hardly surprising if more civilians died from air strikes and rebel fire than from Gaddafi's supporters. It is like the old Vietnam War policy of bombing and destroying villages to 'protect' them from Viet Cong infiltration. I suspect the general public today are less able to see through propaganda than in those days, there being more important things to worry about, like what the Kardashians are up to this week...... :wacko:

underlined....having endured 5,900 hits from NATO's state of the art modern weaponry

I would say that was a dead cert.

the Libyan people, the Jamahriya and Gaddafi did NOT deserve this.

while researching for this thread I stumbled across a very distressing video of little children badly wounded,

crying and screaming in a hospital. I would not post it here as it is too graphic.

Although the Main Stream Media is carrying on with it's propaganda, there is a steady build-up of disgust and anger world wide.

where this disgust and anger leads to remains to be seen.

where this disgust and anger leads to remains to be seen.

Well, on the evidence of the past, little will change, and if it does, not in the direction you obviously favour. The main stream of society does not allot high priority to concerns about the fate of those far removed from their 'turf'. The baby boomer generation certainly succumbed to "live and let die", I see little sign in subsequent generations that will change.

Because it is! The US and its Zionist friends have been planning this for years, There main agenda is to take control of the Middle East, Iran and Syria are the only 2 countries left in the way, There aim is to control the Caspian Sea the largest Oil Resource on the planet. Watch the pipelines go into India, Pakistan, China and Russia once they have full control, US economy will be saved! and we will be ruled by Zionist Americans with there One World Government, Any country that doesn't comply they shut the oil valves off!

GADDAFI: our best enemy

I was just getting back into the teaching profession in early September 1969 when the name Gaddafi was first in the news. I had been married for 2 years, was busy moving into a flat in Picton Ontario, preparing to teach in Cherry Valley, a small rural community, and involved in opening another Baha’i locality in the then Nine Year Plan.(1) I was still recovering emotionally from writing-off my car the week before to really take in the bloodless coup d’etat against King Idris.(2) Gaddafi was 27 then in 1969 and I was 25 and just starting out in the journey of my young adulthood.

Last night, now aged 68, I watched a doco entitled Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy.(3) It delved into the precarious and messy, complex and fascinating historical relationship between key western states and Gaddafi. By the time I watched this doco I was retired, on a pension, and continuing to play a part in Baha’i teaching plans which had formally begun some 75 years before. Gaddafi was dead.-Ron Price: references--(1)Baha’i Teaching Plan from 1964 to 1973; and (2)Wikipedia, and (3)SBSONE, 10:00-11:50 p.m. 1/11/11.

Gaddafi was just a name in the news

back then, news which blows at you

from some lighted chirping box or an

unlighted one known as a radio….So

much comes at us all as we go about

our jobs, our marriages, so many acts

in the day-to-day world as we all try

to survive the tempest blowing in our

world with the speed of light before

life ends in that twinkling of an eye.

Gaddafi was more than just a name by

the time I watched this doco, although

he was dead and had gone into a hole

for those who speak no more, as that

prophetic figure the Bab once put the

act of dying and death so graphically

in his 100s of 1000s of verses in Iran

before He, too, succumbed to guns!!!

You were more clever by half, as they

say these days, in spite of dishevelled

appearances when you were on TV &

negotiating with leaders and advisers

in the West. What a character you were

with a name one could spell 37 ways!!1

1 An article published in the London Evening Standard in 2004 lists a total of 37 spellings of his name, and 32 spellings are known at the Library of Congress.

Ron Price

22 February 2011 to 2 November 2011

P.S. The above prose-poem was begun 8 months before the death of Gaddafi and finished after watching the doco mentioned above.

Gaddafi appears to have made the cardinal error of relinquishing his nuclear materials, apparatus and blueprints, in 2003, to head off an Iraq-type experience. In the end, it didn't work.

Because it is! The US and its Zionist friends have been planning this for years, There main agenda is to take control of the Middle East, Iran and Syria are the only 2 countries left in the way, There aim is to control the Caspian Sea the largest Oil Resource on the planet. Watch the pipelines go into India, Pakistan, China and Russia once they have full control, US economy will be saved! and we will be ruled by Zionist Americans with there One World Government, Any country that doesn't comply they shut the oil valves off!

Isn't that what the Soviets exactly and failed to do?

I was just getting back into the teaching profession in early September 1969 when the name Gaddafi was first in the news. I had been married for 2 years, was busy moving into a flat in Picton Ontario, preparing to teach in Cherry Valley, a small rural community, and involved in opening another Baha'i locality in the then Nine Year Plan.(1) I was still recovering emotionally from writing-off my car the week before to really take in the bloodless coup d'etat against King Idris.(2) Gaddafi was 27 then in 1969 and I was 25 and just starting out in the journey of my young adulthood.

Last night, now aged 68, I watched a doco entitled Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy.(3) It delved into the precarious and messy, complex and fascinating historical relationship between key western states and Gaddafi. By the time I watched this doco I was retired, on a pension, and continuing to play a part in Baha'i teaching plans which had formally begun some 75 years before. Gaddafi was dead.

After your mention of this documentary, I decided to watch it myself. I think it was mistaken on some points, but on the whole, I was quite impressed.

Thanks for that Little Fish, very educational.

Venezuela has the second largest oil reserves in the world. So why aren't the evil Zionists attacking them? Why isn't Canada being invaded since based on reserve life they'll have oil longer than anyone else? Russia has over three times the amount of oil than the US does. They're not going to be bowing down to any American "world government". China definatly won't. And last I checked Zionists weren't running Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, or the UAE.

Venezuela has the second largest oil reserves in the world. So why aren't the evil Zionists attacking them? Why isn't Canada being invaded since based on reserve life they'll have oil longer than anyone else? Russia has over three times the amount of oil than the US does. They're not going to be bowing down to any American "world government". China definatly won't. And last I checked Zionists weren't running Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, or the UAE.

Bingo! Oil is not the major factor in this.

I was just getting back into the teaching profession in early September 1969 when the name Gaddafi was first in the news. I had been married for 2 years, was busy moving into a flat in Picton Ontario, preparing to teach in Cherry Valley, a small rural community, and involved in opening another Baha’i locality in the then Nine Year Plan.(1) I was still recovering emotionally from writing-off my car the week before to really take in the bloodless coup d’etat against King Idris.(2) Gaddafi was 27 then in 1969 and I was 25 and just starting out in the journey of my young adulthood.

Last night, now aged 68, I watched a doco entitled Gaddafi: Our Best Enemy.(3) It delved into the precarious and messy, complex and fascinating historical relationship between key western states and Gaddafi. By the time I watched this doco I was retired, on a pension, and continuing to play a part in Baha’i teaching plans which had formally begun some 75 years before. Gaddafi was dead.-Ron Price: references--(1)Baha’i Teaching Plan from 1964 to 1973; and (2)Wikipedia, and (3)SBSONE, 10:00-11:50 p.m. 1/11/11.

Gaddafi was just a name in the news

back then, news which blows at you

from some lighted chirping box or an

unlighted one known as a radio….So

much comes at us all as we go about

our jobs, our marriages, so many acts

in the day-to-day world as we all try

to survive the tempest blowing in our

world with the speed of light before

life ends in that twinkling of an eye.

Gaddafi was more than just a name by

the time I watched this doco, although

he was dead and had gone into a hole

for those who speak no more, as that

prophetic figure the Bab once put the

act of dying and death so graphically

in his 100s of 1000s of verses in Iran

before He, too, succumbed to guns!!!

You were more clever by half, as they

say these days, in spite of dishevelled

appearances when you were on TV &

negotiating with leaders and advisers

in the West. What a character you were

with a name one could spell 37 ways!!1

1 An article published in the London Evening Standard in 2004 lists a total of 37 spellings of his name, and 32 spellings are known at the Library of Congress.

Ron Price

22 February 2011 to 2 November 2011

P.S. The above prose-poem was begun 8 months before the death of Gaddafi and finished after watching the doco mentioned above.

Many thanks for that RonPrice.

I tried to find the documentary you speak of....I went to a few sites that had the complete thing

and they all said it had been "removed by the user" !!

Then I found it on YouTube with later commentary added to it...and it split up into parts.

I'm curious, maybe I didn't persevere enough to find the original 'unadulterated' version?

Is that what you watched all these years later?

After your mention of this documentary, I decided to watch it myself. I think it was mistaken on some points, but on the whole, I was quite impressed.

did you watch it on YouTube, Scott? Or did you find the complete original one anywhere?

I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I will.

Here's the first two YouTube parts for anyone who's interested...the other parts can be linked to there

excellent video Little Fish..... :tu:

Iraq = our reason for 'going in' = pack of lies

Libya = our reason for 'going in' = pack of lies

Why talk so fasr? Is he handicappede? Serious question. Some sort of mental handicap that just make him talk so fast?

:D

Bingo! Oil is not the major factor in this.

No definately not THE factor, not one bit. Gadaffi could have been a great leader who loved his people and whos people loved him, or a brutal dictator and everyone feared him. Simple fact is he could not be controlled. He didn't play ball. There are worse dictators out there right now, we're not overthrowing them. They play ball.

did you watch it on YouTube, Scott?

I did, yes.

Or did you find the complete original one anywhere?

I found an unfragmented version as well; however, the english subtitles were overwritten by spanish ones. I can understand spanish fairly well, and I can even understand french passably (the language it was done in), but I prefer english, so I saw the documentary in its fragmented form on youtube.

I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I will.

Cool :-)

Why talk so fasr? Is he handicappede? Serious question. Some sort of mental handicap that just make him talk so fast?

:D

Do you think suggesting he's handicapped because he spoke too fast for your tastes is in any way constructive to this discussion? Did you even listen to what he had to say?

I found an unfragmented version as well; however, the english subtitles were overwritten by spanish ones. I can understand spanish fairly well, and I can even understand french passably (the language it was done in), but I prefer english, so I saw the documentary in its fragmented form on youtube.

thanks....that one is all in one part...but it also has the added bits.

I'm wondering what has been left out (if anything)...what was it in the unadulterated version

that we weren't meant to see. Or was it that they wanted to stick the propaganda in.

No definately not THE factor, not one bit. Gadaffi could have been a great leader who loved his people and whos people loved him, or a brutal dictator and everyone feared him. Simple fact is he could not be controlled. He didn't play ball. There are worse dictators out there right now, we're not overthrowing them. They play ball.

Yeah, I think that about sums it up. Here's a good article on the subject of Gaddafi's death:

Killing Gaddafi Spares ICC Embarrassment For US & Britain