Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recipe for road rage? Rear window LED

Still Waters

The only communication device open to most drivers is the horn - or, in extreme cases, waving arms out the window and yelling.

But a new LED panel aims to change that - letting drivers send a message via Bluetooth from their mobile phone to a grid of LED lights on the back.

At present, the grid shows pre-programmed messages - but its designer says he has plans to use it to 'Give feedback to drivers following me.

What manner of chaos this might unleash on the world's roads remains to be seen.

The pre-programmed messages include, 'Driving slow!' 'Keep distance!' and 'Turn left!'

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbie333

• Michelle

• Still Waters

• Trog

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel this idea will last long before the law rules this device illegal. It opens up too many doorways of rudeness to be displayed as well as, just another distraction for drivers whom should be paying attention to the road. Not that I wouldn't like to have that baby when I am on the DC or Baltimore beltway, LOL. I would light it up with many good words--at times. LOL JMO

Edited by Robbie333

While more and more places are making laws against texting and talking on cell phones someone thinks this is a good idea?

While more and more places are making laws against texting and talking on cell phones someone thinks this is a good idea?

I don't feel it will fly long. Can you imagine a bunch of high school and college kids with this device in the back window? LOL Oh, the possibilitys, LOL :w00t:

I don't feel it will fly long. Can you imagine a bunch of high school and college kids with this device in the back window? LOL Oh, the possibilitys, LOL :w00t:

If they made it voice activated I would be in trouble. :w00t::devil:

If they made it voice activated I would be in trouble. :w00t::devil:

Very cool, hmmmm, voice activated. Our vehicles would have a Parental Control sticker on the windows at rush hour, LOL :lol:

It sounds expensive but I think it's a great idea , I've often thought I should have a sign painted on my rear bumper telling those ''Tail Gaters'' If they don't like the speed I'm driving they should go around .... I suppose there'll always be that aggressive driver who'll take it personally , may be one sign should read “Stress is a health hazard”. :rolleyes: