Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Connection between ghosts and UFOs?

gatekeeper32

Over the years, in reading cases about hauntings, ghosts, UFOs and abductions, I discovered something what I can only describe as strange, even among these topics. I myself don't know if anyone else had noticed this before, or if it has been brought up in any discussions. ( still looking on the internet for it). What I noticed is a possible connection between UFOs and ghosts which to some may sound like I am compare apples to oranges, and more research is needed on the matter but there seems to be a pattern between these two phenomena. In comparing events with cases involving aliens and ghostly entities these are the common factors I found to occur:

• the sightings of either alien or ghost involve the suddenly appearance then disappearance of the entity
  • they appear as solid or transparent
  • both incidents involve reports of multiple coloured orbs
  • the presence of both caused disruption in electrical equipment
  • both been experienced around areas considered scared and ancient such as Stone Henge, Cellar Walls of New England
  • their presence is intentionally made known before vanishing

Again these are similarities I found between past cases I read and an interesting observation to mention. Anyone else care to share you thoughts on this.

Edited by gatekeeper32

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gatekeeper32

• Mr. Zero

• Mike G

• Evo

-One occurs in space with high technological advances and the other only in earth

-One is non-corporeal being, the other isn't

-One involves death and the other life

-One has the presence of orbs of light near a person, the other far away in the sky

-One has been mentioned since recorded history, the other until more recently

These are just some of the little details you forgot to mention that show how different the 2 are.

I believe finding two similarities in something and assuming there is something special there is a logical fallacy.

Edited by Evo

The site, being what it is, contains a large amount of information about ghost and aliens which are clearly two different phenomena and I'm merely stating an observation how they seem to share some similarities which maybe to coincidental:

• One the reports of ghosts is part of human history but also the sightings of UFOs along with beings from the stars as suggested by the ancient astronaut theory
  • One maybe incorporeal the other not, but both are known to manifest out of thin air and easily vanish before your eyes
  • One could say ghosts are the souls trap between worlds or realms while there has been theories to suggest aliens are not from another planet but a different dimension
  • One can find cases where witnesses reported UFOs as orbs appearing as a larger shape in the sky that separated and landed within yards of them then disappear
  • One did state earlier on how these two different phenomena along with several others are occurring and experienced within the same area which are sites considered ancient and scared such as the cellar walls of New England

Again, just making an observation on how the encounters with ghosts and UFOs share some similarities. But when dealing with the realm of the paranormal is there any logic to it?

Edited by gatekeeper32

So thats what happens to us when we die, we return in UFOs to abduct and probe the living.

So, are you proposing that ghosts are aliens, or that aliens are ghosts?

Good question and at this time without researching more on the matter I don't know. The only thing I am proposing is a possible connection between this two phenomena based on shared similarities when encountered. What that connection is remains unknown. As an example of my observation, Stone Henge has been the scene of reported ghosts and UFOs sighting along with other paranormal events such as vision, ESP, levitation, and so on. All these different phenomena occurring to one place in the UK which could be connected other then location.

Edited by gatekeeper32

You still dont have that quite right. Ghosts appear out of nothing and then vanish, but more like fog, not zooming away like a ufo.

There can (and I believe is) more paranormal activity in non ancient sites than ancient ones. The ancient ones are more associated with ufos.

Not only that, but some ancient/sacred site are burial grounds, so there is more chances of ghosts appearing there.

And you didnt even get started with poltergeists, demons, angels, and all the other stuff that come included with ghosts.

They are just 2 completely different things. One is technological based, the other paranormal based.

Your trying to make a connection where there is none.

Not only that, but there are more believers in ghosts than aliens, because ghosts are different than aliens.

Good question and at this time without researching more on the matter I don't know.

Do you plan to research more on the matter? And if so, how do you plan to go about it?

Do you plan to research more on the matter? And if so, how do you plan to go about it?

At this time I don't know but if i was to research on it, since I am limited on resources, I would have to examine current existing data. This is done by approaching both UFO and ghost research groups to inquiry about getting copies of thier cases, findings, investigations,etc and then doing a comparative study of information. Or I could do it the lazy way and search the internet if anyone else had did a such a case study.

Edited by gatekeeper32

If I get to come back and probe someone, I'd probe Johnny Depp.

Just sayin...

John Keel noted those similarities, as well, and presented a unified theory of high strangeness in some of his books. Operation Trojan Horse is available for free on Google Books and lays out the beginnings of that theory--a kind of central intelligence behind most phenomena that adapts subjectively to the viewer/subject. Alternatively, these encounters are interpreted differently by different cultures. Though not every phenomenon fits neatly into his theory, it is interesting to see that so many do.

Probably by finding accounts of people who reported having middle of the night "abductions", people who reported middle of the night "demons", people who reported middle of the night "ghosts", etc.

I see where OP is going with this. I had heard before questioning on whether sometimes a certain event happening could possibly be interpreted one way or the other, depending on the experiencers preconceptions and interests. But I am limiting this to bedtime, possibly dream state experiences.

edit - BTW, sweet Zero skull, Mr. Zero! Brings back memories. Saw after posting that you had kind of ninja'd me on what I said. :blush:

I voted this 5 stars, for the opinion that is an interesting topic, and definitely not deserving multiple 1 stars! :angry:

Edited by Jerry Only

Thanks, Jerry Only! I lifted the image off an old T-shirt from back in the day.

Gatekeeper, if you just take a look through the forums on UM, you'll begin to see similarities, especially where personal encounters are concerned. I agree with Jerry Only that there is something to the whole dream-state experience, especially when so many report going back to sleep after encountering some kind of entity in the middle of the night. To me that's an odd reaction, not something I would do if I found a human intruder in my room, let alone a paranormal one.

On the other hand, there are plenty of day time experiences. Could be waking dreams, sleep deprivation, some kind of altered mental state, or maybe there really is something out there that people encounter. One of the things that I always found interesting from reading various personal encounters is how these beings or hallucinations or whatever they are tend to tell people these ridiculous stories about how far they've traveled or how a major event is about to happen or some other kind of esoteric information that ends up having no bearing whatsoever or turns out to be just plain wrong. Now that I think about it, there are exceptions to that, too. Look at what happened with Philip K. Dick and that whole angelic/alien information download. He ended up saving his son's life because, he claimed, something told him about about the specific illness the boy was suffering from, something that the doctors had overlooked.

So, now that I've contradicted myself several times, I have to admit that I have no idea what is happening with these experiences.

At this time I don't know but if i was to research on it, since I am limited on resources, I would have to examine current existing data. This is done by approaching both UFO and ghost research groups to inquiry about getting copies of thier cases, findings, investigations,etc and then doing a comparative study of information. Or I could do it the lazy way and search the internet if anyone else had did a such a case study.

I would recommend option number 1.

This reminds me of a coast to coast am program- "scifi superheroes and the paranormal". Basically this guy was reasoning that ancient/polytheistic gods, fairies and aliens were all the same creatures that had adapted to current culture. I mean- the tuatha de danaan/ancient race beginning irish fairy myth arrived on mountains in black clouds. Sounds similar to aliens, right? Mount Olympus was above us. And ghosts- I don't remember if they were mentioned- but really they are all entities that seem to exist in some other realm or world-and plausibly they could one race of creatures that have messed with us through history.

I don't think ghosts are that different from aliens- they are entities we try and communicate with, and the fact that aliens are examined more technologically is just a current interpretation. It would be a very interesting thing to research if someone had the time.

You know, I would love to do the research into such matters about the paranormal myself, since there seems to be so many theories, studies, views and so on, yet there still remains no definite answer in explainning these phenomenas. In everything, I have read, watched or heard, there seems to be no explanation which could be accepted as a scientific fact like the earth revolves around the sun. Just from reading the forums of this site shows a gap and a growing division of ideas, theories and beliefs about the paranormal. My worry is with this arguments and difference on points of views way in fact hidden the reality to what is happening.

Edited by gatekeeper32

You know, I would love to do the research into such matters about the paranormal myself, since there seems to be so many theories, studies, views and so on, yet there still remains no definite answer in explainning these phenomenas. In everything, I have read, watched or heard, there seems to be no explanation which could be accepted as a scientific fact like the earth revolves around the sun. Just from reading the forums of this site shows a gap and a growing division of ideas, theories and beliefs about the paranormal. My worry is with this arguments and difference on points of views way in fact hidden the reality to what is happening.

This is just my own theory (to add one more to the list), but maybe that's the way it's supposed to be. Maybe this category of events and experiences that we call "Paranormal" is an intensely subjective one, interpretable only by the experiencer wether the cause is natural, mental, or truly paranormal. I think the psychologist Jung did a bunch of studies on people's experiences with the paranormal and subconscious symbology. I'm going to have to go back through some of his books.