Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pascagoula case

quillius

Yes he did indeed go there first. However, I have since found out that the first UPI to go out to the nation the next morning was quoting the words of Diamond who stated he believed the men........So it would seem to confirm that Diamond let the cat out of the bag to the press hence the early morning wire quoting him....

plus he said the world had a right to know :yes: oh and he showed Broadus and others the recording.......so I would currently make him the odds on favourite

The paper sent him to the police, so the reporters knew where the info was regardless of Diamond. Had Diamond just sent them away, it is conceivable that such is as far as the story was ever going to go.

yes, thought processes can indeed change over a few hours...maybe the severe interogation from the sheriff suddenly made Charlie realise that the witch hunt would develop if the public knew...plus he could see Calvin going from bad to worse because of the experience.....maybe what seemed a good idea at the idea ''let the world know'' seemed not so smart a few hours later

Do you mean Diamond or Charlie?

ok the Polygraph is interesting...out of 19 pages (of Klass debunk) a majority is focused on the test itself. I still think this paints Collingo in a shady light whilst doing nothing to dent the credibility of the two men. I think this is somehting we should tackle at a later date also as its quite a big subject (according to Klass at least)

bottom line is though that Calvin was in hospital whilst the test was done!

They went to the hospital together though, and they could not test for Radiation, which is when the military got involved.

Sheriff Diamond told Colingo that his department did not have a polygraph machine. Meanwhile Hickson was concerned that himself and Parker might have gotten radiation poisoning from the object. They were taken by Colingo and Detective Tom Huntley to the hospital, where they were informed that the hospital did not have the equipment to test for radiation exposure.

What happened to Calvin?

This approved by Charlie picture:

hicksond.jpg

Shows dimensions of about 2.5cm x 6cm (printed as seen above that is). So we are not looking it is head on, but side on as the discrepancy is too great, scaling to Charlie's measurements of:

approximately 8 ft. wide, it was a little longer than that, and it had to be over 8 ft. high

cannot translate 2.5 x 6 to come to these figures right? So it must be side on. Therefore we have height and length and height, height being 2.5cm in this representation, but 8 x 4 = 32 right? Approximately close? 2.5 x 4 = 10, almost double the dimension depicted in this drawing. His dimensions do not reflect his drawings at all. Yet he says this was what he saw. Not approximately close, but approximately half the length it should be.

I have not got through all the audio's yet, and I can list hundreds fo websites that make the claim allegedly from Charlie, but it matters not, as I said, I can work with oval too. That does not fit either.

When I get some time, perhaps over the weekend, I will have a crack at drawing Charlie's ship using the given dimensions and his description.

I cannot see Charlie describing a little over 8 feet as 30 foot. If that is the case, he cannot for the life of him offer any sound details to work with, and therefore his entire testimony is in doubt.

Still getting through Audio, quite a good find there mate :tu:

not sure on your numbers there mate???

if the picture as you say is 2.5 height by 6 length then this is a 2.4 multiple.....so when he says it must have been over 8ft high...lets take 9ft then this (using the scale in the picture) would make it 21.6ft in length.

now bear in mind the situation when making this apporximation add in the scale which cannot be taken exactly then we are not far out....lets say the paper was bigger and the drawing kicked out at 2.5 x 8 (instead of six) then this would give us a multiple using the scale of 3.2, so we could then take the 9ft and multiply by 3.2 =28.8ft....hmmm very close.

If we then take the 8ft as the minimum abd use the words must have been higher than 8ft to give us a top end of 10ft so range equals 8-10ft.....using the exact scale (from a hand drawn picture) this would put the length in the range of 19.2ft-24ft...not bad at all considering the scale cannot be exact and the slightest variation here could easily increase the size of ship. Either way the picture and the scales fall far closer to 8ft x 30ft than it does 8ft x 8ft

and no worries on the tapes, the situation or time hasnt been available to me yet either....still looking at the books at the moment.

The paper sent him to the police, so the reporters knew where the info was regardless of Diamond. Had Diamond just sent them away, it is conceivable that such is as far as the story was ever going to go.

no the night guard at the paper told them that there were no reporters working this late and they should come back in the morning....so he did not know they were going to the sheriffs office let alone WHY! Like I said the wire sent out the next moring quotes 'Diamond'...this is job done IMO :)

Do you mean Diamond or Charlie?

Charlie he and Calvin are the ones that went through the mill

They went to the hospital together though, and they could not test for Radiation, which is when the military got involved.

Sheriff Diamond told Colingo that his department did not have a polygraph machine. Meanwhile Hickson was concerned that himself and Parker might have gotten radiation poisoning from the object. They were taken by Colingo and Detective Tom Huntley to the hospital, where they were informed that the hospital did not have the equipment to test for radiation exposure.

yes they went hospital together.....and then to the military base for further examination and an interogation...the 'polygraph' test came a few weeks later.

What happened to Calvin?

when the polygraph test was carried out Parker was hospitalised due to his deteriorating mental health.....as mentioned before this came after a few weeks of testing, interogations, ridicule and hounding.....would put the finest of men to the test me thinks.

not sure on your numbers there mate???

I think they are OK.

if the picture as you say is 2.5 height by 6 length then this is a 2.4 multiple.....so when he says it must have been over 8ft high...lets take 9ft then this (using the scale in the picture) would make it 21.6ft in length.

I am assuming this is a broad side view, as the dimensions do not work as 8 foot x a little over 8 foot, so we must be looking side on. Agreed? We have the height - 2.5. Agreed that this gives us 21.6 feet in length @ 9 foot, this is merely two thirds the length, and stretched out, makes a cigar.

now bear in mind the situation when making this apporximation add in the scale which cannot be taken exactly then we are not far out....lets say the paper was bigger and the drawing kicked out at 2.5 x 8 (instead of six) then this would give us a multiple using the scale of 3.2, so we could then take the 9ft and multiply by 3.2 =28.8ft....hmmm very close.

We cannot add lengths. We have the drawing and the dimensions, and they do not match up. Using the multiplier on the drawing itself @ 6cms gives you 19.2 feet. Quite short of the said 30.

If we then take the 8ft as the minimum abd use the words must have been higher than 8ft to give us a top end of 10ft so range equals 8-10ft.....using the exact scale (from a hand drawn picture) this would put the length in the range of 19.2ft-24ft...not bad at all considering the scale cannot be exact and the slightest variation here could easily increase the size of ship. Either way the picture and the scales fall far closer to 8ft x 30ft than it does 8ft x 8ft

We have the height, if anything we are only missing the smaller dimension of 8 foot across. The way I see it, it is smack bang between us at "a little over 8 feet long" from his first indication at length allowing for up to ten feet.

Mate, you got me with Joe, I reckon I got you with the craft. That's UFO's in Pascagoula I suppose. Nothing is at it first seems. But like your investigation of Joe's article, I am rather surprised I am the first one to ever question this discrepancy. It would seen that this case did not get as much attention as I thought.

Just wait till I am dead. I have a few things to say to Uncle Phil on this one.

File%253AKlass1977.jpeg

and no worries on the tapes, the situation or time hasnt been available to me yet either....still looking at the books at the moment.

:tu:

More hours in the day would help.

Have one of these, helps me through the day.

Extra-Large-Coffee-Cup.jpeg

I think they are OK.

we shall see (remember the other thing though,....they are based on a drawing that wasnt using exact scale)

I am assuming this is a broad side view, as the dimensions do not work as 8 foot x a little over 8 foot, so we must be looking side on. Agreed? We have the height - 2.5. Agreed that this gives us 21.6 feet in length @ 9 foot, this is merely two thirds the length, and stretched out, makes a cigar.

agreed its the broadside. 2 thirds the length? 21.6 is closer to 30ft than it is 8ft :)

like I said because it isnt exact to scale the slighest additional cm changes the multiple considerably. hmm this makes me think remember the other drawing that has the measurements i.e. 8ft x 30ft :) now this doenst rely on scales

We cannot add lengths. We have the drawing and the dimensions, and they do not match up. Using the multiplier on the drawing itself @ 6cms gives you 19.2 feet. Quite short of the said 30.

we can certainly allow for the scale not being exact, its a hand drawing...do you expect 100% accuracy in scale? I think not. However the eye can see that the length is longer than height and width therefore lining up perfectly with verbal description.

We have the height, if anything we are only missing the smaller dimension of 8 foot across. The way I see it, it is smack bang between us at "a little over 8 feet long" from his first indication at length allowing for up to ten feet.

no his first indication is the Ryder/Diamond interview which reads as 8ft high...no mention of length or width. We then physically hear him say 30ft with clear descriptions on angle etc (oh yes duing this he does actually say 25-30ft...) hmm not so far off the 21.6 now are we :)

Mate, you got me with Joe, I reckon I got you with the craft. That's UFO's in Pascagoula I suppose. Nothing is at it first seems. But like your investigation of Joe's article, I am rather surprised I am the first one to ever question this discrepancy. It would seen that this case did not get as much attention as I thought.

I dont see the discrepency......

plus the size does not change the case.....the only down side would be the change in story...but seeing as the only thing I have ever heard Charlie say is 30ft then we are a long way off using this line to destroy his credibility.

Just wait till I am dead. I have a few things to say to Uncle Phil on this one.

File%253AKlass1977.jpeg

lol excellent.......

:tu:

More hours in the day would help.

yes although I do sometimes think would that just bring more problems :unsure2:

Have one of these, helps me through the day.

had four in the space of 2 hours...I reckon not far off filling that huge cup.

If they thought they had been seen then surely they would have been exposed so where does the logic appear? They would not have made a UFO story up to bring attention to themselves to allow the person that saw them a chance to come forward and say what really happened....they would have kept quiet in the hope they are not pointed out

Personal guilt? How is this reconciled with the act itself...i.e. how does a further lie stop the wrath of God when he will know the truth?

Just doesn’t add up at all im afraid...coupled with no evidence to suggest anything like that, makes it an impossible sell (at this stage)

I suspect if they thought someone had seen them that perhaps a sensational story with newspeople involved (after all that was Charlie's first port of call) might marginalise any such claim of untoward behaviour.

Not so much angering God, but the God fearing community they have to live in. That clipping I presented earlier shows these were very religious folk.

Charlie saw him go limp when the creatures grabbed him, whether or not he came round whilst in the craft is a guess. We do have Calvin on record saying he remembers a bright light from inside the craft as he was being taken back out.

The rest of the above you quoted is once he has lost his mind and its many years after. Not worth the paper it is written on, otherwise Mike Cataldo comes heavily into play....

Clavin now says they injected him to make him fall unconscious, that is after he said he lied about being unconscious, they guy cannot lay straight in bed, he has something to hide by his constant nervous demeanour.

Thing is both of them claimed continued contact from the time through to the demise of Charlie. If they were both crackers, it's not much to base the original claim on.

Huh? No I don’t have the medical report hence why I say we cant know what they did or didn’t check for let alone find. I do have something interesting for you though...Klass makes a point (using an asterix) to highlight that Charlie didn’t mention his eyes at the medical examination and that they were not checked...also that they only checked for radiation......although granted you may have the rebuttal suggesting Klass could not have known this or at worst should prove it...but I would hate for you and him to be at opposite ends J

Sorry, I thought that is was scrutinised in the Klass evaluation?

OF his eyes bothered hm for three days, it is hard to consider why he did ot have them checked, but felt he should be checked for radiation?

Ohh, Uncle Phil and I have a few words to discuss, mainly why he did not confirm the cameras plagiarised, and then noted to Joe. He could have done something decent with that information!

His approximate dimensions...remember he was under stress during the event plus from all the interviews that followed....I do like the fact he holds the picture (which matched Calvins) you posted which confirms he endorses the picture as what he witnessed..and to me that picture matches all known descriptions that I have heard Charlie give

It matches descriptions, but you need quite some poetic license to match the dimensions. Again, Uncle Phil? WTF? He could have attacked his character with that! MIssed opportunity! Bet he is kicking himself now :D

Yet I don’t see any discrepancies but further corroboration in both pictures and descriptions

as for the Spanish article......Do I really need to try and attack a third hand interpretation followed by translation? Surely lets stick with what Charlie says

Can we stick entirely to what Charlie says? Including the second interview?

No you are correct that the confusion is mine and not Charlie’s, he even states they sat on the river bank in his interrogation, I failed to spot that part so all we have for sure is Charlie saying they were on the bank and they used no boat....catfish and equipment problem solved....lovely J

I thin the reporters used some poetic license wen Charlie said the creatures floated, I might be wrong, but it seems likely that is where the confusion began.

the mistakes in that conversation are incredible, you have Collingo blinkered by dollar signs, Huntley who also sees some financial possibilities from all this with uncertainty in what they are saying...which one is unrelated? Who is Kimisky?

Kimisky is a mistake isn't he? They thought Kimisky saw a UFO, but it was Larry.

Colingo: If Mr. Broadus says he saw it — he saw it. I mean, he is that type of fellow. Now this other fellow — I don't know who you are talking about...

Huntley: Kimisky.

Colingo: What did he do? Call in to the police station last night or something? , Or report seeing some object? Or what?

Huntley: No, you are talking about Larry. He owns a Standard station. Evidently — the chief passed this on to me this morning — that Larry saw the same thing. Said he walked out on his porch and he looked up at the sky and...

Assumptions abound. I agree.

Also if you notice the bolded ‘they even noticed the blue lights and everything’

Hmm hardly unrelated ‘the blue lights’ and ‘everything’ plus how does this equate to only seeing a streak in the sky?

What is the source of the comment? Its again second hand interpretation by a journalist, the text reads ‘He thought, He saw’ let’s hear what the horse had to say

And the "blue lights and everything" seems to come from a description of a blue streak in the sky. Again, some powerful poetic license in use here.

as I said its Journalists fault (even I fell for it), we have no question here that Charlie states clearly ‘no boat ‘ and that they sat on the river bank...

Yes it is, lets just blame Joe.

I snipped the above FYI. We are not talking about the descriptions the men gave...we were talking about the rest of the family and at no point to I see them talking about bible bashing aliens...just a UFO...

Do you have their description handy by any chance?

Exactly, hence why speculation as to the size of craft and how it travelled through space is irrelevant IMO.....(although it was 30ft hehe)

I can agree that it is speculated at 30 foot :D But I think there is indication that Charlie embellished that in the fly. I'll try and get through the audio tapes this weekend.

we shall see (remember the other thing though,....they are based on a drawing that wasnt using exact scale)

agreed its the broadside. 2 thirds the length? 21.6 is closer to 30ft than it is 8ft :)

like I said because it isnt exact to scale the slighest additional cm changes the multiple considerably. hmm this makes me think remember the other drawing that has the measurements i.e. 8ft x 30ft :) now this doenst rely on scales

You do not have 21.6, you only have 21.6 if you change the drawing, as it stands, it scales at 19.2.

The only way you can deny this discrepancy is to allow generous error in judgement. I thought were were working with "Charlie's exact words"?

we can certainly allow for the scale not being exact, its a hand drawing...do you expect 100% accuracy in scale? I think not. However the eye can see that the length is longer than height and width therefore lining up perfectly with verbal description.

no his first indication is the Ryder/Diamond interview which reads as 8ft high...no mention of length or width. We then physically hear him say 30ft with clear descriptions on angle etc (oh yes duing this he does actually say 25-30ft...) hmm not so far off the 21.6 now are we :)

I except it to maintain the shape he said it would, using the scales provided we have a cigar, not the thing Charlie drew. And remember, 21.6 is your allowance for error. And even it is generous, but still only two thirds the required length, which me3ans the given dimensions do not fit the given description, or the impression.

I was referring to the drawing, on that we have length, we have height, but must assume the width based on Charlie's dimensions as it seems to be as you noted a broadside view.

Hickson: It wasn't round. It seemed oval shaped and it was approximately 8 ft. wide, it was a little longer than that, and it had to be over 8 ft. high.

This description notes "over" 8 foot high, 8 foot wide, so I think we are safe to assume the width to be marginally less than 2.5cms.

I dont see the discrepency......

plus the size does not change the case.....the only down side would be the change in story...but seeing as the only thing I have ever heard Charlie say is 30ft then we are a long way off using this line to destroy his credibility.

You are deliberately not seeing it, you see it alright, that is how you are defending it :devil: All you have done so far is assume Charlie was wrong and allow for some pretty wide error.

Where the discrepancy arrises is that the craft is not an oval shape. It is a cigar. I assume the egg reference was perhaps taken from one end being open? That, with Charlie's drawings do seem to indicate one end was wider than the other.

yes although I do sometimes think would that just bring more problems :unsure2:

had four in the space of 2 hours...I reckon not far off filling that huge cup.

Crieky, it probably would bring more problems, before long we would want a 60 hour day. At least I would get the mowing done in one day.

LOL, love the caffeine myself, but been partaking in soe Chai Lattes of late, quite tasty and something a bit different.

love it Psyche......

I shall retunr to you on these points next week.

In summary though on size, we simply cannot use the scale from a drawing to confirm anything. Remember Calvins drawing....try the measurements there and I bet they will get you to around 30ft :)

And no its not about error in judgement its about the smallest change to the drawing would dramatically change the scale...hence why I would never think about using calvins drawing for example to corroborate the size....

Anyhow, lets speak next week, hopefully I can start posting some parts of the books for you, and hopefully we can listen to all the audios by then.

enjoy the weekend.....

I can help explain this: The reason there are so many sightings in the South Central US is because of our many air force bases, from biloxi to pensacola, and all down through FL, and of course the space and rocket center in Huntsville, AL; there are always many military aircraft being tested around here, and as you well know, the military and the government loves to do illegal and immoral testing on people; they use military aircraft to kidnap people, do experiments on them, both physical and psychological; all they had to do was pick up these guys in anything from a helicopter to a real flying saucer they had made, and done tests to them; as far as floating aliens, it's easily explained with military drugs and psycho-trauma and brainwashing and hypnosis, which they also do all the time. Debunk that.

I had a relative in the national guard who flew choppers and/or rode in them; he was a flight medic; he and a friend more than once took a helicopter down the Tombigbee river, turned off the lights, swooped in over the trees, turned on a spotlight shining down, and scared the hell out of people partying and having sex on sandbars, with naked people running everywhere; they even flew under a bridge one time and got into quite a bit of trouble. I am sure those people would also swear that they were visited by aliens as well.

Edited by spyyder976

I can help explain this: The reason there are so many sightings in the South Central US is because of our many air force bases, from biloxi to pensacola, and all down through FL, and of course the space and rocket center in Huntsville, AL; there are always many military aircraft being tested around here, and as you well know, the military and the government loves to do illegal and immoral testing on people; they use military aircraft to kidnap people, do experiments on them, both physical and psychological; all they had to do was pick up these guys in anything from a helicopter to a real flying saucer they had made, and done tests to them; as far as floating aliens, it's easily explained with military drugs and psycho-trauma and brainwashing and hypnosis, which they also do all the time. Debunk that.

I had a relative in the national guard who flew choppers and/or rode in them; he was a flight medic; he and a friend more than once took a helicopter down the Tombigbee river, turned off the lights, swooped in over the trees, turned on a spotlight shining down, and scared the hell out of people partying and having sex on sandbars, with naked people running everywhere; they even flew under a bridge one time and got into quite a bit of trouble. I am sure those people would also swear that they were visited by aliens as well.

:unsure2:

oh and welcome to UM and the thread.....

Edited by quillius

love it Psyche......

I shall retunr to you on these points next week.

In summary though on size, we simply cannot use the scale from a drawing to confirm anything. Remember Calvins drawing....try the measurements there and I bet they will get you to around 30ft :)

And no its not about error in judgement its about the smallest change to the drawing would dramatically change the scale...hence why I would never think about using calvins drawing for example to corroborate the size....

Anyhow, lets speak next week, hopefully I can start posting some parts of the books for you, and hopefully we can listen to all the audios by then.

enjoy the weekend.....

Isn't Calvin off his rocker though? He said he fainted, he said he did not faint, then he said the creatures injected his with something that made him faint. I had assumed that was why he was getting so little air time? He makes a shambles of the entire claim.

I know pilots like to play pranks, but I am not sure that was what this was though. One fellow down here pulled his chopper up outside his girlfriends his rise apartment window, He got in a lot of trouble for that.

• 5 months later...

looks like it was I that needed to counter your points from post #307.....I will try and type a response today....need to go over all the old notes me thinks....its been quite nostalgic thus far :)

(and noted your comments on the Stephensville case, look forward to it)