Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Wine snub ghost' haunts UK pub

Saru

A ghost nicknamed Corky has been allegedly smashing wine bottles to show displeasure with the selection.

The ghost, named Corky by regulars at the Court Oak pub in Harborne, Birmingham, apparently has strong opinions about the wine list. Part of the Sizzling chain, the pub is built on the site of a 17th century hanging ground, sparking speculation that Corky may be the ghost of someone who died there years ago.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• encouraged

• Saru

• Blackwhite

• Capt Snowflake

When I worked in a pub, wine bottles had a habit of falling and smashing on the floor behind me as I walked around the corner of the bar. Just turned out to poor flooring and the vibrations of movement caused stacked bottles to topple.

Special events like new years or halloween would always get a lot more activity behind the bar from the staff, especially if there's an after party.

I was curious as to what a wine "snub" was, until I realized it was a misspelling for "snob". LOL

A ghost with taste! Interesting.

The story doesn't quite hold up since the wine has to be replaced and the customer probably arrive after the supplier has closed on Halloween day. If they said Halloween week the story would work out better.

I was curious as to what a wine "snub" was, until I realized it was a misspelling for "snob". LOL

A ghost with taste! Interesting.

The story doesn't quite hold up since the wine has to be replaced and the customer probably arrive after the supplier has closed on Halloween day. If they said Halloween week the story would work out better.

I don't think the ghost is bothered about the wine having to be replaced. If it wants to smash some bottles then it will do.

I am with him. How hard is it to pick the right wine? You go Corky! LOL

My local pub is full of spirits. And if I drink enough of them I also see ghosts.

LOVE that answer! :w00t:

Do you realize all the responses to this topic are by men.

Yet, I thought the greatest amount of house wine was consumed by women.

Go figure! I guess that is what I get for thinking.

well here you go,Im a women and cant stand house wine, this ghost just has good taste and wants it to stay that way. and as for thinkin.. well its not your fault.

well here you go,Im a women and cant stand house wine, this ghost just has good taste and wants it to stay that way. and as for thinkin.. well its not your fault.

LOL! Thanks!

Edited by encouraged