Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yours for £100,000: the haunted lighthouse

Karlis

The lighthouse is cut off by the sea at high tides, although it is accessible on foot at low tide. The dunes on which the lighthouse was originally built have retreated inland over the years and it now sits in the middle of the beach. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• Damian Bâthory

• Karlis

• libstaK

The "ghosts" I don't mind but the fact that it is quite low and the sea seems to be encroaching on its doorstep, well .... I wonder if the paranormal tales are a distraction from the real issue that it is sinking into rising sea levels :w00t: . Outside of that, I would love to live in a converted lighthouse, what fun.

The "ghosts" I don't mind but the fact that it is quite low and the sea seems to be encroaching on its doorstep, well .... I wonder if the paranormal tales are a distraction from the real issue that it is sinking into rising sea levels :w00t: . Outside of that, I would love to live in a converted lighthouse, what fun.

It would be horrible to be running behind just a bit behind schedule and miss the incoming tide...without a boat you wouldn't be able to get into your house for a half a day until the tide heads back out...

It would be horrible to be running behind just a bit behind schedule and miss the incoming tide...without a boat you wouldn't be able to get into your house for a half a day until the tide heads back out...

I know this beach well, and you wouldn't be able to reach it, even with a boat at high tide, I don't think it would be deep enough. If you built up the causeway a bit, I think access would be good all day. I wouldn't expect much privacy though, it's a very busy beach....

Still I'd love to buy it!!

:yes:

I wonder if it could be moved to the most inland edge of the property?

Odie

I wouldn't worry about the spooks... But the notion of the water coming up to the foot of my home would be sort of disconcerting. And people wandering around my property would be kind of off putting as well. I would be the kind of jacknape that would put up a fence to keep the weirdos out, lol.

Still, it would be pretty cool to have a home in a lighthouse :)

I wonder how that would be listed... a one story? A five story?

Was thinking of buying it before I realised that parking was a b****.

This really interests me....the potential is enormous from renting to fishermen, to renting it to paranormal investigators etc :yes:

Where is that agents address again? :unsure2:

Edited by BackFromTheDead

Bit limited what you could use it for, I see you can't get to it whilst the tied is in. Imagine living in it, you would constantly be looking at your watch thinking if I miss the bus or get stuck in traffic I am on the street for the night.

i used to play here when my aunts and uncles owned a cottage on talcre warren.about ten years ago i was walking round lighthouse with a metal detector and remember being wayched all the time by a man wearing dark overalls from the lighthouse balcony.i looked down to pick something up,and noticed he had gone..no one in site for miles and lighthouse door locked...had i seen the ghost?x

I wonder how that would be listed... a one story? A five story?

Early American Phallic?

• 2 weeks later...

I want it....i want to buy it...i want to live there..

I wont buy it, my car would get flooded in the parking.....

Bit limited what you could use it for, I see you can't get to it whilst the tied is in. Imagine living in it, you would constantly be looking at your watch thinking if I miss the bus or get stuck in traffic I am on the street for the night.

I'd turn it into a haunted tourist destination and sell tickets for nightly guided tours.

That, or buy a metal detector, and beach comb. The lighthouse would act as my own personal Fort Knox for all the amazing treasure I find. ^_^