Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Zimbabwe Incident 1994.

zoser

Fair enough, but I think that instances like natives describing Sauropod Dinosaurs where Sauropod Dinosaurs cannot exist, and which seem to be based on the expedition leaders facial reactions supports my position here.

I think the use of the word 'natives' here is where the seperation occurs, I dont htink we can class these children as 'natives' there may be similar atributes and traits but we cannot know what these are....this actually would be a large discussion on Psychology, which we shouldnt even consider getting into. :rolleyes:

Can they ever get paid? We just live with debt nowadays, heck I have 2 mortgages! LOL, I would be pretty happy to be getting paid for this, in fact this might come as a surprise, my night job before the kids were born was musician. I still have about 9 guitars and three amps. Just play music with the kids these days though, not enough time for two jobs and kids. Kids win.

Of course they can mate....just keep avoiding that taxman ;) I dont think I would ever have guessed about you being a musician....in saying that though I am sure that we could both suprise eachother with things we did/do :) And yes kids win hands down

Morning buddy, I dont know Psyche....I think the pictures depict the descriptions, ok the hair part is missing but as far as I know the hair was only perceived by one child...the pictures depict a small person with large eyes...as described. Amazing how we both look at the same thing yet see something different :)

Gidday Mate :D

OK, here is more.

The occupant of the craft was described as being about one meter (3 ft.) tall, with a slender neck, long black hair, and very large eyes.

zim3.JPG

Look at that Alien standing next to that UFO. Parralax error? Seems rather great?

How does one kid see hair, and others not? May I suggest a Helmet?

I would add my paranoia usually stems from the same line of reasoning...info held back or avoided = paranoia, however experience has shown me that the paranoia is usually unfounded and a good acceptable excuse can be found, although not always :hmm:

I would be happy to hear any excuse, but none have been forthcoming.

maybe B)

I do not know of a better proposal, and it seems no more far fetched than an Alien. Have you by any chance spotted a possible explanation for this one? People seem to avoid attempting to explain it. I'd be interested to see what others have come up with.

I agree to an extent, I would say from the little I know I would say Klass struggled to know when to draw the line and his basic MO was attack attack attack, which yes destroys fantasies and lies but will also do the same to honest people and true events.

Either way, he certainly made his mark. He is as well known as any proponent, which seems quite an accomplishment for a skeptic I think.

Yes the positive ones mate...you know where this line is I mentioned above. oh and thanks, amicable is good...it enables progress :)

I look forward to our exchanges. We could use more people like you on the believer side of the fence. Your approach is good for UFOlogy.

Cheers.

I think the use of the word 'natives' here is where the seperation occurs, I dont htink we can class these children as 'natives' there may be similar atributes and traits but we cannot know what these are....this actually would be a large discussion on Psychology, which we shouldnt even consider getting into. :rolleyes:

You are completely right, these children are not natives, I should have used the reference local culture. I still believe that without even considering the children, that Cynthia Hind's comment reflects such.

Of course they can mate....just keep avoiding that taxman ;) I dont think I would ever have guessed about you being a musician....in saying that though I am sure that we could both suprise eachother with things we did/do :) And yes kids win hands down

Little one was 7 the other day! :D Big party at the Chocolate Factory this weekend.

I must see the tax man. I loved being a musician, most satisfying. I'd like of hear of your pursuits some day. I enjoy a surprise. :D

Bloody taxman. <_<

Edited by psyche101

Gidday Mate :D

OK, here is more.

The occupant of the craft was described as being about one meter (3 ft.) tall, with a slender neck, long black hair, and very large eyes.

Gidday, If we ignore the long hair part the other two features...mainly big black eyes and 3ft height, these are quite consistent through all the descriptions given, again I wouldnt expect all pictures drawn by children of varying ages to be an exact replication of what they saw simply due to ability. This is without us going into 'art' and how people can express what they see in many different ways, this is why art can be so expensive, some people look at art and see something very different to what you or I may.

Look at that Alien standing next to that UFO. Parralax error? Seems rather great?

not really, you must have seen pictures drawn by your little ones, showing a house with the family next to it (usually holding hands)...now this is never to scale and would usually make humans either 15ft tall or they go the opposite and make humans 2ft tall

How does one kid see hair, and others not? May I suggest a Helmet?

possibly, or juts false memory of one child

I would be happy to hear any excuse, but none have been forthcoming.

true.

I do not know of a better proposal, and it seems no more far fetched than an Alien. Have you by any chance spotted a possible explanation for this one? People seem to avoid attempting to explain it. I'd be interested to see what others have come up with.

I havent yet....working on it

Either way, he certainly made his mark. He is as well known as any proponent, which seems quite an accomplishment for a skeptic I think.

yes that he did

I look forward to our exchanges. We could use more people like you on the believer side of the fence. Your approach is good for UFOlogy.

Cheers.

so do I mate. And appreciate the kind words... :tu:

You are completely right, these children are not natives, I should have used the reference local culture. I still believe that without even considering the children, that Cynthia Hind's comment reflects such.

local culture I accept. I still think Cynthias comments are more to do with how pleased the child is at being believed, I bet this expression would also be forthcoming in most adults when seeing something 'strange', the fear of disbelief/ridicule and in childrens cases maybe even punishment, warrants the expression. IMO

Little one was 7 the other day! :D Big party at the Chocolate Factory this weekend.

I must see the tax man. I loved being a musician, most satisfying. I'd like of hear of your pursuits some day. I enjoy a surprise. :D

Bloody taxman. <_<

congratulations, my eldest is 7, soon to be 8...driving me crazy at the moment wanting a dog....something tells me she will win over this big softy :)

Yes we all must see the taxman sadly, they taxes are the only thing along with death, that are certain in life.

profimedia-0017267856.jpg&w=640&h=457&ei=7fPETpSMCoX-8gOUsKGRCw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=47&sig=109711872671149358433&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=206&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0&tx=157&ty=99

this would make it two images of long hair???

hmmm couldnt get image in the post :blush:

Edited by quillius

each person notices something different, so there will always be inconsistencies in multiple testimonies. No, I wouldn't believe them just because they are children. It does, however, make certain ulterior motives less likely (as does their cultural isolation) Too bad the forensic evidence is probably ruined by now.

The following links contain further information along with a map (page 8 on V12). Also some unseen pictures and some further descriptions. Interestingly there seems to have been a sighting the day before. Question is does this corroborate the main event or actual cast doubt, due to the (possible) stories that may have been going around from the day before?!?!?

V11

V12

edit to add: so far I have at least 5 of the children saying the 'being' had long black hair, in addition a majority confirm a black suit of some kind.

Edited by quillius

Gidday, If we ignore the long hair part the other two features...mainly big black eyes and 3ft height, these are quite consistent through all the descriptions given, again I wouldnt expect all pictures drawn by children of varying ages to be an exact replication of what they saw simply due to ability. This is without us going into 'art' and how people can express what they see in many different ways, this is why art can be so expensive, some people look at art and see something very different to what you or I may.

HI Mate

Maybe, but some of those drawings are from 12 year olds, I do not feel they would have made such wild alterations. Overall, we are still talking about a selected sample, and even that selected sample has discrepancies both in description, and drawings. I still do not see the same saucer in those drawings, I just see a stereotype. I still find the inconstancy to be far greater than has been publicized.

not really, you must have seen pictures drawn by your little ones, showing a house with the family next to it (usually holding hands)...now this is never to scale and would usually make humans either 15ft tall or they go the opposite and make humans 2ft tall

I have to bow to this, yes I have, not since my girl was 4, but yes I have, and that can happen, so I will have to withdraw that. Good call.

possibly, or juts false memory of one child

Maybe, or again we do not quite have the consensus as described, we have a stereotype.

profimedia-0017267856.jpg&w=640&h=457&ei=7fPETpSMCoX-8gOUsKGRCw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=47&sig=109711872671149358433&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=206&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0&tx=157&ty=99

this would make it two images of long hair???

hmmm couldnt get image in the post :blush:

Yes, because the link does not end in .jpg

I saw that, but was not sure from the source of it really was tied to this particular sighting. Yes it would make 2 pictures with hair.

Another thing I see in that is the clown suit. I take it that could be an interpretation (going back to the artistic license viewpoint you brought up) of bright colours, such as linesmen are required to wear for safety reasons.

Here ya go

profimedia-0017267856.jpg

Edited by psyche101

The following links contain further information along with a map (page 8 on V12). Also some unseen pictures and some further descriptions. Interestingly there seems to have been a sighting the day before. Question is does this corroborate the main event or actual cast doubt, due to the (possible) stories that may have been going around from the day before?!?!?

V11

V12

edit to add: so far I have at least 5 of the children saying the 'being' had long black hair, in addition a majority confirm a black suit of some kind.

Nice find Quillius. Too much information to comment on immediately, so I will have to get back on this. I plan to download all of those publications and see what I can find overall.

I am still thinking an electrical solution. I want to investigate the day before a little closer. If there were only sightings of UFO's and not ET's I think it might help my hypothesis along. I wonder how friendly the Ruwa Electrical Authority is to inquiries?

HI Mate

Maybe, but some of those drawings are from 12 year olds, I do not feel they would have made such wild alterations. Overall, we are still talking about a selected sample, and even that selected sample has discrepancies both in description, and drawings. I still do not see the same saucer in those drawings, I just see a stereotype. I still find the inconstancy to be far greater than has been publicized.

morning mate, I am feeling frustrated that we do not have all the information. If we had every drawing, with every age, any further details on child etc this would all help quite a bit. I am currently just trying to find any info, images, maps etc that I can find, maybe once we have all these pieces it may be easier to try and reach a conclusion.

I have to bow to this, yes I have, not since my girl was 4, but yes I have, and that can happen, so I will have to withdraw that. Good call.

So its not just the paranoia thats rubbing off, the amicable nature is also :tu:

Maybe, or again we do not quite have the consensus as described, we have a stereotype.

Maybe, its annoying that we both need to start the sentence with 'maybe'..hopefully time will resolve this.

Yes, because the link does not end in .jpg

thanks :blush: difficult trying to work and speed post at the same time. (poor excuse, I know)

I saw that, but was not sure from the source of it really was tied to this particular sighting. Yes it would make 2 pictures with hair.

Another thing I see in that is the clown suit. I take it that could be an interpretation (going back to the artistic license viewpoint you brought up) of bright colours, such as linesmen are required to wear for safety reasons.

Here ya go

I am quite sure this relates to the sighting, I have seen this picture at the top of the pile of pictures drawn by the children in one of the videos I watched...Can find confirmation if you need but I am sure you can trust me on this one. :)

and yes the point regarding interpretation is exactly what I was trying to say before. :tu:

Nice find Quillius. Too much information to comment on immediately, so I will have to get back on this. I plan to download all of those publications and see what I can find overall.

cheers. I havent gone through it myself, just scanned some of the childrens comments to determine the 'hair' part of observations. To an extent hair can also assist in your theory of linesmen, I have seen far more accounts of humans with hair than aliens. I am sure there will be some important bits of info contained within that can help us along.

I am still thinking an electrical solution. I want to investigate the day before a little closer. If there were only sightings of UFO's and not ET's I think it might help my hypothesis along. I wonder how friendly the Ruwa Electrical Authority is to inquiries?

I am quite sure that we are talking just UFOs and not ET with regards to prior sightings and even those after. Again I will try and find as much info as I can then we can disect it all.

please check out this link: translated from German so not perfect.

Its great though for the images it provides. I have been trying hard to track down some visuals of where the kids were standning in relation to 'landing' spot, and vice versa. In addition it shows us many more of the drawings, which are now slowly coming together.

There has been a mention of a guy called Tim Leach. a BBC reporter, he apparently interviewed some of the children also, however I have not found any 'solid' info or details on this.

more images and drawings

:tu:

morning mate, I am feeling frustrated that we do not have all the information. If we had every drawing, with every age, any further details on child etc this would all help quite a bit. I am currently just trying to find any info, images, maps etc that I can find, maybe once we have all these pieces it may be easier to try and reach a conclusion.

I am getting surprised at how many drawings are out there, and at how many made it to mainstream.

So its not just the paranoia thats rubbing off, the amicable nature is also :tu:

Shhh, that's not going to look good on my Klass application.

thanks :blush: difficult trying to work and speed post at the same time. (poor excuse, I know)

I am quite sure this relates to the sighting, I have seen this picture at the top of the pile of pictures drawn by the children in one of the videos I watched...Can find confirmation if you need but I am sure you can trust me on this one. :)

and yes the point regarding interpretation is exactly what I was trying to say before. :tu:

I trust you, the website I saw it on was somewhat ambiguous, I could not tell if it was supposed to be one of the drawings or not.

cheers. I havent gone through it myself, just scanned some of the childrens comments to determine the 'hair' part of observations. To an extent hair can also assist in your theory of linesmen, I have seen far more accounts of humans with hair than aliens. I am sure there will be some important bits of info contained within that can help us along.

This part was interesting for me.

Issue 12.

Lis P

"I saw this silver thing lying on it's side. A man dressed in black came out. He had big eyes. I thought it was an Alien, and then I thought it was the gardener"

That's quite some wiggle room!

I am quite sure that we are talking just UFOs and not ET with regards to prior sightings and even those after. Again I will try and find as much info as I can then we can disect it all.

That is what I was working with as well. Day one = Fault. Day 2 = Repair Crew.

please check out this link: translated from German so not perfect.

Its great though for the images it provides. I have been trying hard to track down some visuals of where the kids were standning in relation to 'landing' spot, and vice versa. In addition it shows us many more of the drawings, which are now slowly coming together.

There has been a mention of a guy called Tim Leach. a BBC reporter, he apparently interviewed some of the children also, however I have not found any 'solid' info or details on this.

more images and drawings

That is another good find Quillius, but it does really show some serious disparity in the drawings.

I figure this one

Ruwa.FR10-18.jpg

Could be the same as the top one here

Ruwa.FR10-15.jpg

Maybe even the bottom two, but then we see

Ruwa.FR10-9.jpg

Ruwa.FR10-8.jpg

Ruwa.FR10-11.jpg

Ruwa.FR10-22.jpg

And I think we are beyond the eye of the beholder. These definitely depict a spaceship theme, not a single spaceship.

I am getting surprised at how many drawings are out there, and at how many made it to mainstream.

Gidday Psyche, sorry but going to be brief, this weeks quite tough.

I suppose its surprising, however when we compare the amount we have seen versus the 60 odd drawn, we still have a way to go.

Shhh, that's not going to look good on my Klass application.

Depends who is employing you mate. I would say adding this trait would give you the job over Klass.

I trust you, the website I saw it on was somewhat ambiguous, I could not tell if it was supposed to be one of the drawings or not.

Thanks, if it becomes somewhat critical in the discussion then I can provide links at that point to confirm. :tu:

This part was interesting for me.

Issue 12.

Lis P

"I saw this silver thing lying on it's side. A man dressed in black came out. He had big eyes. I thought it was an Alien, and then I thought it was the gardener"

That's quite some wiggle room!

That is what I was working with as well. Day one = Fault. Day 2 = Repair Crew.

Lisa still continues with the theme of : UFo plus man in black plus big eyes. (no idea how she ended up at gardener, maybe she is a paid debunker) :P

To be honest the day 1 sighting, if local and news spread quickly then this can also account for the 'hype' the next day and active minds, I must add though that I dont buy into this solution...long way to go

edit to add: not sure on distance between sightings, this would need to be very, very close to be a viable hypothesis.

Edited by quillius

That is another good find Quillius, but it does really show some serious disparity in the drawings.

And I think we are beyond the eye of the beholder. These definitely depict a spaceship theme, not a single spaceship.

cheers, I still need to keep digging, hopefully there are still some 'gems' of information.

I think its amazing that we see this so differently. I find the similarities in drawings and interviews quite compelling with any disparities easily explained.

So I still think we are at the eye of the beholder stage, and I am confident I am not blinded by any sort of bias here! (just in case you choose to persue that path :)

speak soon buddy! :tu:

Gidday Psyche, sorry but going to be brief, this weeks quite tough.

I suppose its surprising, however when we compare the amount we have seen versus the 60 odd drawn, we still have a way to go.

Indeed, however, I am finding that the more drawings we see, it is highly likely that what is popularized has been sleeted carefully.

Depends who is employing you mate. I would say adding this trait would give you the job over Klass.

Here's to hoping :D

Thanks, if it becomes somewhat critical in the discussion then I can provide links at that point to confirm. :tu:

Lisa still continues with the theme of : UFo plus man in black plus big eyes. (no idea how she ended up at gardener, maybe she is a paid debunker) :P

Much cheaper than Badeskov ;)

She continues, but what made her say a Gardener? There is no way one could associate a small Alien with Rugby ball eyes with a Gardener? Unless it was a version popularized by older or more popular kids?

To be honest the day 1 sighting, if local and news spread quickly then this can also account for the 'hype' the next day and active minds, I must add though that I dont buy into this solution...long way to go

I was not thinking along the lines of Hype so much, as the fat that the fault had begun the day before, prompting crews to investigate, and the being what the Children possibly saw. I am thinking of a man with some type of work elevated platform that the children were unfamiliar with for the landed spacecraft the next day.

Yes, still a ways to go, but my hypothesis is quite new :D And I think I am the first to investigate this avenue so it will be an uphill battle even when it gains legs.

edit to add: not sure on distance between sightings, this would need to be very, very close to be a viable hypothesis.

May I ask why? An intermittent electrical fault can take literally months to track down on a system that large. (Grid)