Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TWA 800 Shot Down by a Military Missile?

Scott G

This was just on the local news 6 guys that worked on flight 800 case. want the case open again.

they said that the expolsen came from the out side of the plane and not wires

http://longisland.news12.com/

• Like 1

More that the same. People have said that they saw a streak of light ascending into the sky. What they saw was TWA 800 trailing flaming fuel after the explosionm which was ascending because the center-of-gravity changed to a tail-heavy situation after the nose of TWA 800 separated, in other words, the only way the flaming main fuselage of TWA 800 was going to go, was into a steep climb after the nose separation and from a distance the flaming aircraft would look like a missile.

There was a lot of top executives on the flight. One victim Didier Foulon was a Vice president of the company I worked at for many years (best working years in my life). After his sad death the company was sold leaving me redundant.

But others include

01- Notes, Gadi, 29, senior associate at investment banking division

of Donaldson, Lufkin &Jenrette,Inc., Israeli citizen

(Merchant Bank represented is (new). Broker of deal.

Manhattan

02- Charles H. "Hank" Gray, 47, Memphis, president and chief

operating officer of Midland Financial Group, Inc.

(Has many ties to Arkansas) (Gray III, Little Rock)

03- Story, William R., president and chief executive officer of

National American Insurance Co. of California.

04- Rhein, Kirk Jr., 42, president and chief executive of the

Danielson Holding Corp., an insurance company, and a partner

in the investment firm Whitman, Heffernan, Rhein & Co., of

Darien, Conn.

I wonder how often you get a plane filled with so many executives.

• Like 2

This was just on the local news 6 guys that worked on flight 800 case. want the case open again.

they said that the expolsen came from the out side of the plane and not wires

http://longisland.news12.com/

In 1976, another B-747 crashed due to an explosion in the fuel tank. It was a B-747 which was originally owned by TWA as well. When I witnessed a fuel tank explosion at Travis AFB, I remarked that it was lucky for the crew that the explosions didn't occur in flight.

That aircraft was a C-141 and was scheduled for a local training flight. Had the aircraft not exploded on the ground, it would have exploded in the sky and would have killed all crew members aboard, but as luck had it, the explosion occurred less than an hour before the flight. Years earlier, a DC-8 exploded on the ground which killed a maintenance worker. There are also been incidents of fuel tank explosions of the B-737.

Fuel tank explosions are nothing new.

Edited by skyeagle409

There was a lot of top executives on the flight. One victim Didier Foulon was a Vice president of the company I worked at for many years (best working years in my life). After his sad death the company was sold leaving me redundant.

But others include

Manhattan

Darien, Conn.

Quite a few. After all, I am very sure that many many executives fly in first and business class on a regular basis and of course, there are the business jets.

800px-Gulfstream_G-400.jpg

Edited by skyeagle409

Author of Flight 800 Tale Admits Hoax

A man who used the Internet to accuse the Navy of shooting down TWA Flight 800 told CNN that his actions were "reckless and a mistake."

Ian Goddard said he just wanted "to give the government a black eye by any means that looked opportune," according to CNN. "TWA 800 was just a vehicle for my larger agenda." In March, Goddard released a report on the Internet claiming that the government was covering up that a Navy missile brought down the plane in July 1996, killing all 230 people on board.

http://articles.lati...6/news/mn-50866

Edited by skyeagle409

Well, this should add some fuel to the conspiracy talk:

http://edition.cnn.c...laim/index.html

I remain agnostic on this. I don´t give the conspiracy high odds, but shutting down an investigation that would point to a terrorist attack would not have been beyond Bill Clinton.

Edited by Zaphod222

Well, this should add some fuel to the conspiracy talk:

http://edition.cnn.c...laim/index.html

I remain agnostic on this. I don´t give the conspiracy high odds, but shutting down an investigation that would point to a terrorist attack would not have been beyond Bill Clinton.

What many people in the public are unaware of is that fuel tank problems have persisted for years. Here is another example.

NTSB: Fuel tank safety still an issue decade after TWA 800

WASHINGTON — A recent fuel tank explosion on an airplane in India prompted crash investigators to demand Thursday that aviation regulators take action to prevent similar explosions in the USA. Investigators said that the May 4 incident on a Boeing 727, in which a fuel tank exploded on the ground in Bangalore, is similar to the kind of explosion that brought down TWA Flight 800 a decade ago off the coast of New York.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-06-29-fuel-tank-safety_x.htm

I read the same press release story on CNN a few minutes ago.

As usual, no journalistic investigation, just a regurgitation of their advertising release for the film. Free advertising is AWESOME!

Call me skeptical.

A person who believes every government story that comes down the pike is not really skeptical, at least in the traditional meaning of the word. :no:

But others include

Manhattan

Darien, Conn.

You bring up a very good point. A good friend of mine has long theorized that a detailed examination of the passengers onboard TWA800 might provide much material to work with as to exactly why it was shot down, if it was deliberate. I'm still going with accidental, but certainly anything is possible.

CT has it that Clinton's secretary of something, a black guy, was taken out when a government 737 was lured off course into a mountain in Bosnia somewhere.

Rumor has it that the KAL 007 shot down by the Russians had the congressman onboard who was a big player in John Birch Society.

All I know is that TWA 800 was a coverup by the White House. :yes:

• Like 1

Here is the link to CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa-crash-claim/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Some good videos in that link. It will definitely be interesting to see what they have to say about this, since these 6 people were part of the original team that investigated the crash.

Also of note: If you check out this documentary below, Shadows of Liberty, about the Mainstream Media, there is a story at about 14:25 a reporter who worked at CBS at that time, named Kristina Borjesson, was covering the story, and what she has to say, is just incredible. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT7RGwZ18eU

• Like 1

You bring up a very good point. A good friend of mine has long theorized that a detailed examination of the passengers onboard TWA800 might provide much material to work with as to exactly why it was shot down, if it was deliberate. I'm still going with accidental, but certainly anything is possible.

CT has it that Clinton's secretary of something, a black guy, was taken out when a government 737 was lured off course into a mountain in Bosnia somewhere.

Rumor has it that the KAL 007 shot down by the Russians had the congressman onboard who was a big player in John Birch Society.

Well Didier Foulon was the president of Lancaster Group, a major fragrance company who own classic brands such as Cool Water and newer ones being stuff by Jennifer Lopaz. There were loads of hostile bids by German companies all which failed. Two months after the incident the company was purchased leaving dedicated staff redundant.

I thought just really bad luck and terrible for Didier who was a fantastic man. Then you see the other passengers and importance and it reads like the Titanic passenger list. How many travel in business/1st class? 15-30? Which a good percentage off were big wig

Bearing in mind the equivalent to Didier was one of the highest paid executives in the world , Bernd Beetz before he retired.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 2

Here is the link to CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

Some good videos in that link. It will definitely be interesting to see what they have to say about this, since these 6 people were part of the original team that investigated the crash.

Also of note: If you check out this documentary below, Shadows of Liberty, about the Mainstream Media, there is a story at about 14:25 a reporter who worked at CBS at that time, named Kristina Borjesson, was covering the story, and what she has to say, is just incredible. Check it out:

It was just a matter of time before conspiracist would blame CBS, however, check this out.

John Clarke

To my mind, the government’s explanation is the most damning piece of evidence. As you mentioned, the CIA put out a video that they released to the national news, played on all three networks and CNN, depicting the nose of the aircraft being blown off from the center fuel tank explosion—incidentally, that fuel tank was empty—then falling off, and two-thirds of the aircraft climbing 3,000 feet. It’s absolutely ludicrous! And it’s impossible—when we filed Ray Lahr’s Freedom of Information act suit, we had 29 witnesses, a dozen experts, and they all said that it was impossible.

Now, why would it have been impossible? The proper laws regarding weight and balance of an aircraft says thy are wrong. Check it out. At the point where the nose of TWA 800 separated, the only remaining path for the remaining fuselage of TWA 800 at its airspeed was to go up, not down.

timage050.jpg

John Clarke: Number one, it’s impossible for the fuel tank to have exploded,...

Impossible? Apparently, John Clarke was not aware of fuel tank explosions involving large aircraft.

Thai 737-400 Fuel Tank Explosion 3 Mar 2001

On 3 Mar 2001, a Thai 737-400 was destroyed by fire on the apron at Bangkok Airport. Only the crew were on board at the time, one of whom was killed in the incident.

In 1990, 737-300 EI-BZG, operated by Philippine Airlines also suffered a centre fuel tank explosion. In 1996, the very high profile TWA 800, a 747-100 mid-air explosion which has been determined to have originated in an empty centre fuel tank.

The common factor in all three accidents was that the aircraft had empty center fuel tanks. However even an empty tank has some unusable fuel which in the heat will evaporate and create an explosive mixture with the oxygen in the air. These incidents, have sparked debate about fuel tank inerting.

Boeing have risen to the challenge and have developed a Nitrogen Generation System to inert the 737NG centre fuel tank.

http://www.b737.org.uk/thai737news.htm

FAA Issues Airworthiness Directive for all Boeing Model 737 Aircraft: Fuel Tank Explosions are Caused by Pump Bearing Sparks in Dry Tanks

http://www.ebearing....001/news225.htm

BOEING B747 In flight Breakup Traced to Fuel tank Explosion

http://www.smartcock..._Explosion.html

http://www.aim.org/a...ery-of-twa-800/

Edited by skyeagle409

It was just a matter of time before conspiracist would blame CBS, however, check this out.

Now, why would it have been impossible? The proper laws regarding weight and balance of an aircraft says thy are wrong. Check it out. At the point where the nose of TWA 800 separated, the only remaining path for the remaining fuselage of TWA 800 at its airspeed was to go up, not down.

timage050.jpg

Impossible? Apparently, John Clarke was not aware of fuel tank explosions involving large aircraft.

Not questioning fuel tank explosions happening, but did it happen in this case?

I also think, if new evidence has come to light, then the investigation should be reopened. What I think is odd, is that the reporter, in the above documentary I posted, was able to get a piece of evidence, that she was going to have tested, and the FBI, demanded CBS give it back! They did much to the reporter's chagrin. Now, if it was just a simple fuel tank explosion, why would they do that?

• Like 1

You forgot that Korean 007 was shot down by the Soviets.

There you go making things up again.

Yes. In fact, it is no secret that empty fuel tanks create serious explosive hazards and it is was known that there was hardly fuel in the center tank of TWA 800 and another B-747, which was once owned by TWA, exploded in flight as well. I was a witness to the explosion of C-141, tail number, 0253, which exploded in front of my eyes and the explosions was the result of an electrical problem in a near-empty fuel tank. Had the fuel tank remained at a high level above the fault, the explosion would never have occurred. I also saw the aftermath of a fuel tank explosion of a DC-8.

I might add that the Boeing Aircraft Company was also aware of fuel tank problems of the B-747 before the TWA 800 incident.

I also think, if new evidence has come to light, then the investigation should be reopened.

The best and cheapest way to avoid another investigation is to review DSP satellite data. If they don't show missile plumes in the vicinity of TWA 800, then it is case-closed. Not many people are familiar with DSP satellites, but I have been in contact in the past with one of the lead DSP engineers who've developed the DSP satellite.

I dont even need to tell you what I think right?

Can you Say a bunch of retired Goofballs wanting to cash in on a bad event! Put it on T.V sell it first which they did , Ever wonder how much these so called experts get for a semi-documentary?

And then the Book deals to follow !

Mark my words here on this day in June 2013 THey will not find that a Missile had anything to do with this event !

WHen a aircraft as Big as a 747 blows its guts out Thats what you see from the ground ! IMO. I understand that many skeptics and what so evers wanna believe that ITs some Dark part of our Government,But Its not !

Just wait and See the Show,and Then See just how they only care to profit on the airing of said Show !

In the end It will say "You decide" :tu:

See ANyone for a Bet?

I dont even need to tell you what I think right?

Can you Say a bunch of retired Goofballs wanting to cash in on a bad event! Put it on T.V sell it first which they did , Ever wonder how much these so called experts get for a semi-documentary?

And then the Book deals to follow !

Mark my words here on this day in June 2013 THey will not find that a Missile had anything to do with this event !

WHen a aircraft as Big as a 747 blows its guts out Thats what you see from the ground ! IMO. I understand that many skeptics and what so evers wanna believe that ITs some Dark part of our Government,But Its not !

Just wait and See the Show,and Then See just how they only care to profit on the airing of said Show !

In the end It will say "You decide" :tu:

See ANyone for a Bet?

What many people didn't know is that NORAD sensors did not reveal any missile launches prior to the flight 800 explosion. Aviation Week and Space Technology has said that NORAD computer data had been made available to the NTSB for further analysis and that the "pre-crash event was observed and no missile launch activity was observed."

Even with NORAD,NTSB,FAA,DOD<NSA<NBC LOL ! The day that anyone proves it was a Missile will never come to be. IMO.

Dont ya just Love all those abrevaitions?

Yes. In fact, it is no secret that empty fuel tanks create serious explosive hazards and it is was known that there was hardly fuel in the center tank of TWA 800 and another B-747, which was once owned by TWA, exploded in flight as well. I was a witness to the explosion of C-141, tail number, 0253, which exploded in front of my eyes and the explosions was the result of an electrical problem in a near-empty fuel tank. Had the fuel tank remained at a high level above the fault, the explosion would never have occurred. I also saw the aftermath of a fuel tank explosion of a DC-8.

I might add that the Boeing Aircraft Company was also aware of fuel tank problems of the B-747 before the TWA 800 incident.

The best and cheapest way to avoid another investigation is to review DSP satellite data. If they don't show missile plumes in the vicinity of TWA 800, then it is case-closed. Not many people are familiar with DSP satellites, but I have been in contact in the past with one of the lead DSP engineers who've developed the DSP satellite.

Am I wrong but weren't a lot of the explosions and fires attributed to Kapton Wired aircraft. I am no expert but I believe it relates to the insulation rather than the wires. It has been investigated in the past when Panorama connected 6 incidents which Kapton was directly responsible.

Yes. In fact, it is no secret that empty fuel tanks create serious explosive hazards

Correct. In most military aircraft it is standard practice to refuel the aircraft immediately after landing. We don't go full load but we will always go minimum to prevent an excess of vapour being available.

I also think, if new evidence has come to light, then the investigation should be reopened. What I think is odd, is that the reporter, in the above documentary I posted, was able to get a piece of evidence, that she was going to have tested, and the FBI, demanded CBS give it back! They did much to the reporter's chagrin. Now, if it was just a simple fuel tank explosion, why would they do that?

Furthermore, if it had been an innocent accident, why did the FBI guy have the man who questioned the US Navy ejected from the news conference? That is authoritarian police state tactics, right out of Stalinist Russia.

• Like 1

You forgot that Korean 007 was shot down by the Soviets.

There you go making things up again.

This is a perfect example of how inane and bot-like your many posts are Sky. I mentioned that the Russians shot down KAL007, you link to that post, and then you go on to make the asinine statement that "you forgot that KAL007 was shot down by the Soviets".

This is why I so seldom read your crazy posts.

Furthermore, if it had been an innocent accident, why did the FBI guy have the man who questioned the US Navy ejected from the news conference? That is authoritarian police state tactics, right out of Stalinist Russia.

And all the reporters acted like it didn't happen.... :no:

What ever happened to "investigative journalism"?

• Like 1

We shall just see just how well the New Documentary will prove beound a shadow of a doubt that TWA-800 was shot down. Any bets? :tu: