Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Einstein's Laws Prove Ghosts Exist?

Still Waters

If energy can't be created, it leads to the problem : energy always exists, therefore the universe always exist, which are assumptions yet to be proven.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadowofaDoubt

• JesseCuster

• coldethyl

• FlyingAngel

I do understand, however, that not all energy goes under the same nature. I do understand the concept of energy being the quantity measurement of the system's ability to do work. However the definition of energy is somewhat...varied. Luminous energy, radiant energy, or in other words..light, does not follow the concept of work but that of non-physical photons and wavelengths. Light is one of the most interesting and unique forms of 'energy', so to speak.

My point is...not so recently ago we discovered the wonderful phenomenon of Light, which was called 'energy'. There could be other also unique forms and manifestations of 'energy' we might not know about yet. Pardon me sir, but I think that's a very fair assumption.

Radiant energy is the energy of electromagnetic waves including light, but also the rest of the EM spectrum. It can do work on another system. Think about your microwave oven. The wave carries the energy (or potential) and is transferred to other systems as the potential to do work.

Is the kitten in the box dead if no one is observing it or does it exist at all?

Anyway, when people talk about ghosts being "energy", it's not energy in the physics sense, so it doesn't apply to Einstein's theories or physics at all. It's an arbitrary, undefined, made up property of something that has no known definable characteristics.

It may as well be called spaghetti sauce.

Anyway, when people talk about ghosts being "energy", it's not energy in the physics sense, so it doesn't apply to Einstein's theories or physics at all. It's an arbitrary, undefined, made up property of something that has no known definable characteristics.

LMAO, so agreed.

Sorry talking of Einstein got me thinking of Schrödinger's cat

:)

The use electromagnetism for the same reason some people use "quantum." They don't know really what the term means but its sounds smart and scientific.

As for energy... does light stick around after your turn off the bulb or it burns out?

Does it always need a scientific explanation? Einstein was very smart but there are some things we will never be able to fully understand in life and this is one of them.

As for energy... does light stick around after your turn off the bulb or it burns out?

When you turn off a light, the filament stops radiating light, the light that had been radiating is absorbed into the surrounding area.

Every surface absorbs different amounts of light, this is why things appear to be different colors.

(1) Does it always need a scientific explanation?

(2) Einstein was very smart but there are some things we will never be able to fully understand in life and this is one of them.

1.) Anything can have a scientific explanation. Science is the method we use to discover knowledge about everything around us. It's a tool that allows us to better understand things.

2.)How can you claim to know that?

The idea that conservation of energy supports the existence of ghosts is terrible, terrible science.

It's clear that the author cited in the OP article is a quack trying to make himself sound scientific by shoehorning Einstein into his ideas. Which he isn't even really doing as Einstein didn't come up with the idea of conservation of energy.

It makes as much sense to argue that conservation of energy means that your old TV might have a ghost because after it died and was thrown out, conservation of energy means that the energy of the TV might still exist in ghost form.

The idea that conservation of energy supports the existence of ghosts is terrible, terrible science.

It's clear that the author cited in the OP article is a quack trying to make himself sound scientific by shoehorning Einstein into his ideas. Which he isn't even really doing as Einstein didn't come up with the idea of conservation of energy.

It makes as much sense to argue that conservation of energy means that your old TV might have a ghost because after it died and was thrown out, conservation of energy means that the energy of the TV might still exist in ghost form.

You apparently didn't read the article.

Our souls are energy, chi, lifeforce... It is something we probably will never comprehend, and it cannot be explained by science. This is what makes every single individual special..And in Japan they have a saying; That if someone dies of tortured,violent death hes soul stay here on earth in form of ghost;energy.. I think it is because when one dies hes energy is released to universe if it is able to.. Thats why there are ghosts on locations where people have been murder,killed,etc. They cant leave because their goals towards someone,something were not fullfilled...and if they aren't in targets lifetime well they stuck here until our planet crumbles :devil:. Anyhow that is my theory, since there is no other theory there is nothing to argue... Touché :lol:

Still i would like to read more about other peoples thoughts about ghosts..

Edited by Nuke_em

Our souls are energy, chi, lifeforce... It is something we probably will never comprehend, and it cannot be explained by science. This is what makes every single individual special..And in Japan have a saying; That if someone dies of tortured,violent death hes soul stay here on earth in form of ghost;energy.. I think it is because when one dies hes energy is released to universe if it is able to.. Thats why there are ghosts on locations where people have been murder,killed,etc. They cant leave because their goals towards someone,something were not fullfilled... anyhow that

There is no evidence supporting the existence of the soul.

For whatever reason, people have conjoined the term energy with concepts like souls and chi, prana, kundalini, and spirit. Metaphysical "energy", by this interpretation, is NOT the same as the term energy in the physics sense. Therefore, whatever you want to call your life-force doesn't apply to the physical laws of energy.

I understand fully that biological "energy" returns to the enviornment after death. But what happens to the electrical energy we expend during our lives. Where do our thoughts go?To me part of the mystery that is ghosts can be answered very simply; the transmission of energy. When you turn of the light, the light already emitted just keeps going. Its the same way that the deep space telescopes can look at galaxies from four million years ago. Just as ET is watching reruns of I Love Lucy far out in the cosmos because those transmissions will continue until they either expand into nothingness or are intercepted, blocked and or absorbed by other matter between here and there.

I firmly believe that much of what we perceive as hauntings are nothing more than "recordings" of some event long ago. The energy that was transmitted at the time of the event became forever recorded in a specific enviornment. That many hauntings are near high quartz bedrock or building material, near iron deposits, or combinations of those properties with water should be a clue as to the nature of those types of ghosts.

As for the intelligent hauntings, or ghosts that speak to and interact with the living...that's a whole other can of worms and involves much more faith than science.

Where do our thoughts go?

Loaded question. Why do our thoughts need to "go" somewhere? There's no reason to think that "thought" is conserved.

If you burst a balloon, where did the roundness of the balloon go?

I firmly believe that much of what we perceive as hauntings are nothing more than "recordings" of some event long ago. The energy that was transmitted at the time of the event became forever recorded in a specific enviornment. That many hauntings are near high quartz bedrock or building material, near iron deposits, or combinations of those properties with water should be a clue as to the nature of those types of ghosts.

First, what energy is being "recorded"?

Second, Quartz, iron, and water do not have the capability to record anything, nor do they have the capability to replay it.

That's another "theory" that has no foundation in reality.

The article is about the fact that this "theory" is bad science.

I know.

I wasn't disagreeing with the article.

I know.

I wasn't disagreeing with the article.

"It's clear that the author cited in the OP article is a quack trying to make himself sound scientific by shoehorning Einstein into his ideas"

He didn't shoehorn Einstein into his ideas.

Also, conservation of energy wasn't discovered entirely by Einstein, but the theory of special relativity played a major role.

Everything science has taught me - and continues to teach me - strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death. Nothing disappears without a trace. Wernher von Braun

"It's clear that the author cited in the OP article is a quack trying to make himself sound scientific by shoehorning Einstein into his ideas"

I wasn't clear about it, but I was referring to the author of the book that the article the OP cited is about. Edited by Archimedes