Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada's Loch Ness Monster Caught on Tape?

Sakari

A possible sighting of Canada’s version of the Loch Ness monster at a lake in British Columbia has stirred up the legend of the sea creature long-rumored to reside there.

A man visiting British Colombia’s Lake Okanagan claims he filmed video of what could only be the elusive monster, known to locals as Ogopogo. The 30-second video shows two long ripples in the water in a seemingly deserted area of the lake..................

Source link and video : http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/canada-loch-ness-monster-caught-tape-012241654.html

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• DieChecker

• JGirl

• vitruvian12

Having just viewd the video I see no monster, just ripples in the water which could have been caused by wind or undercurrents. It certainly isn't proof of there being a monster in the water as there isnt any monster seen!

"seemingly deserted area of the lake"

Sorry cant see anything but 2 long rippples as you stated.

i remain unconvinced.

The Ogopogo makes millions of dollars a year for the local economy. I have swam in the lake many times and wakes from jet boaters are very common. It`s where the rich play in the summer and many jet boats could leave a wake that lasts 30 sec. There is nothing in that lake but fish.

Ducks on skis maybe?

More like a couple jet skies zooming by that are not in the clip.

I was so wishing that this would be a good clip since it is 2011 and all! Just ripples, again...... :sleepy:

Rocketgirl :hmm:

look left, look right, look up, look down, zoom in, zoom out....... camera man is haveing a seizure; or crap with a camera!!!

loch ness is in scotland

they should call it canadas lake monster similar to lock ness, or come up with some name of its own based on the lakes name. stupid titles.

loch ness is in scotland

they should call it canadas lake monster similar to lock ness, or come up with some name of its own based on the lakes name. stupid titles.

a better idea would be to just accept that it's a ripple in the water.

Wow it is moving so much i thought it was a dolphin...

well canada's loch ness monster (Ogopogo) is the easiest of all the legends to explain.

sturgeon live in that watershed. sturgeon (before heavy fishing pressure that is) that use to reach 20+ feet in length. and i'm sure there are still one or two out there that big, and that would easily explain these "monster" sightings, especially with people not familiar with the fish :huh:

Im still unconvinced of a sea creature such as Ogopogo or the Loch Ness Monster. To me there has never been any sufficient video evidence that has not looked like a log floating in the water.

Looks rigid and unmoving, like a log. Also, if he really thought it was something why would he stop filming? He was close to shore and it looked easily accessible. It seems odd that you would just film a few shakey seconds when it seemed like it wasnt moving away at all.

Sheesh... if I thought I was capturing an animal that is thought to be mythical I wouldn't be panning left, right, up, down... wth??? Keep it on the "creature" maybe zoom in a bit but for tripes sake, keep still!!

its more then likely logs cuz there is logs in that area of the lake, probably floated down with the current. the city its in is kelowna and the lake is called okanagan lake.

I didn't see any movement other then the camera.... I'm fairly positive the "creature" is just a log

you've gotta wonder if there really are locals who said this was 'proof ogopogo exists', or if the reporter is just adlibbing and being a terrible news source

And if they are actually reporting what a local said, is it just one guy that they asked? And is it by email or something? Because I've learned over the years that sarcasm is lost through text. That said, I for one am now convinced that Ogopogo exists.