Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A few Sightings

WereScrib

Geeze it's been a while since I was on this forum regularly. I need to get back. School and such... however, I have a few sightings I figgered some folks may be interested in. I can't honestly remember exact dates or the like, and I'm pretty sure they're all well in the either paranormal, or serious misidentification categories.

The first was by far the most disturbing to me. This was back when I lived in Poulsbo Washington, I was heading towards Kingston from the Lofall area, going up around past Port Gamble, on highway 3. I was just passing a road I know rather well, as it's according to google maps named Salal street or something, but I'm pretty sure it still has a wooden sign saying "Hibbler Road" named after some school teachers who live in a cabin out in the woods and that's what everyone I know in the area knows it as.

Oh, it was night. Not raining (a rarity for winter in the Pacific Northwest). But my headlights illuminated something. Two red glows. I thought for certain someone put up a new reflector for their mailbox or street on the side of the road, although it was odd as the reflector was by all appearances ten or so feet above the ground. But as I neared it, they moved. Not just moved, but dramatically moved. Like the glows were attached to a body that was climbing the hill it was in. (A heavily brushed ditch, really... the road is sort of cut out of a hill, so one side has a cliff-ish thing, the other a ditch and then a sharp incline, it was on the incline).

Then I had an outline of it. You know how if your headlights catch a glint of something far away, occasionally you will sort of get a "rimglow" on it, if its a really dark object? It did that. The outline was humanoid, but HUGE, and the glows looked like strange eyes about two, three feet apart from eachother. The entire thing sort of lurchingly moved, before vanishing into the brush when I was about 100 feet off from it.

After seeing whatever it was, I felt incredibly sickened, and could barely drive. I even scraped by grandmother's car against one of those metal protector things they put on the side of the road to keep you from driving off cliffs... I was just swerving and woozy and had a pounding headache for hours and hours.

A few days later, I went back out, as a followup, and checked the area in daylight. Didn't see any footprints except for some horse hoofprints. (Lotta people ride horses recreationally along highway 3 in the area as they move to the entrance of Pope and Talbot logging roads)

The other sightings I had were in California. I spent about 4 months up there as sort of a transient homeless sort for a variety of reasons, but during this I saw some...wierdass stuff. The area is Elk Grove/Sacramento. I spent allot of time out east of Elk Grove though... and honestly...

I will say, as soon as you reach an old inn/restaurant thingy called the Sloughhouse, I swear things just get wierd.

The Sloughhouse itself has all sorts of legends of simple ghost haunting type stuff that all the locals told me. I can safely say I know ten different people who say you can see someone in a rocking chair out on the front porch at the dead of night. Although I can't say I ever saw anything there.. but it's past there that got to me. We often traveled from the Sloughhouse to a old near-ghost town called Fiddletown. But the road, well, I'll just list some of the things we saw.

My current roommate and best friend at the time saw what she calls a "Half a horse", as she was looking out a window, she saw, standing on the side of a road, a horse. Well, the back half of one. Like it was split straight in half, just standing there. No front, and nothing else. This was in a large field with nothing else really there.

We, on one of our trips, all five of us in the car saw what we came to call "The figures". They varied in size, and detail, but always seemed to be almost like, watermarks almost. Like they weren't definate at all. Almost humanoid shaped 'stains' on like, a photograph, but moving, and in real life. They all had a pronounced, long, almost just... sad shape to them. I guess sort of like a figure in some kind of bedsheet? Like a classic ghost almost. No limbs, but you could tell what they were doing, and we could all tell when they were looking at us.

We saw a bunch of, well, whatever they were. At one point all of us saw what appeared to be two of these things, just sitting on the side of a freeway, they were large, like twenty or so feet tall, and just looked towards us, then back down to the ground, and faded away into nothing. At one point my roommate and another of her friends swore they saw an especially large one slowly following the car, just, trying to keep up, drifting along the road behind us before we finally outdistanced it. Another time, we drove straight through one... and felt, just horrible. Like when you see a starving dog whimpering, sort of? I should note, we could never quite "see" these things. It wasn't like they were some ghostly figure, it was more like they were...watermarks on reality. I'm not sure how to explain it. Like they were only partially exposed. Like if you have a camera on a really slow shutter speed for like, night photography. (like a five minute shutter or something) and someone pokes their head in the side of the picture for only a few brief moments. Like an "almost" there feeling, although the shapes were just as undefined as their presence in our vision.

The other sighting (that I remember) we all had was a dog that was just too large, and had a bizarre shape. At first we thought it was a cow or a horse crossing the road. (this one was during the day) as it was HUGE. We saw it walk behind a street sign, and its head was at the top of it. It also had really long legs, Disproportionately so. It also had this long body and it looked at us as it crossed the road. Err.. I'm putting a picture here, and I know it's not at all like what I saw, but my roommate said it "felt" similar to what we saw. http://www.barpakis.gr/fantasy/yeth.jpg in case this link's broken, it's the Yeth Hound of 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons Monster Manual.

It wasn't a brief occurence either, as we then saw it walking down the road when we past the crossroads it was crossing. It was STILL huge.

One of the passengers said it had red eyes, but honestly, I think he may have imagined them. The guy has a tendency to get nervous, and then start seeing things everywhere, and he hadn't slept.

Anyway! Anyone have similar experiences? Especially out past the Sloughhouse. Same with south towards Thornton, actually.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WereScrib

• NatureBoff

• ThePhantomFlanFlinger

• George Ford

Great stories! Thanks for sharing. I'm putting these in the Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database - A collection of posts which all share the same Dogman characteristics. I've seen the "half-horse", but interpretd it as a deerman sighting. Was the critter facing down a bank by any chance? The front half of what I saw was obscured by a tree trunk and I think that the slope was used to give the backbone a deer-shape to the rump. It was mid-tan in colour. The sighting was just outside a deer park, next to a fish-filled ravine.

You maybe saw a deer seeing as it was near a deer park..

It was much bigger than the ones seen on the hill. The half-view fits with other strange eye-witness reports as well. I heard of one in North Carolina where a man shot a 'deer rump' which was stood beside a tree. The thing then turned around to glare at him before disappearing into the woods.

It was much bigger than the ones seen on the hill. The half-view fits with other strange eye-witness reports as well. I heard of one in North Carolina where a man shot a 'deer rump' which was stood beside a tree. The thing then turned around to glare at him before disappearing into the woods.

Ah right......we have a deer park near us and i do know that there are some big big deer in it....thats probably one of the reasons i think the big cat sightings are mostly real and not hoaxes....lots of food in a fenced in area...must be a big cats dream..

Great stories! Thanks for sharing. I'm putting these in the Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database - A collection of posts which all share the same Dogman characteristics. I've seen the "half-horse", but interpretd it as a deerman sighting. Was the critter facing down a bank by any chance? The front half of what I saw was obscured by a tree trunk and I think that the slope was used to give the backbone a deer-shape to the rump. It was mid-tan in colour. The sighting was just outside a deer park, next to a fish-filled ravine.

No problem! Oh, the horse... it was my roommate, just asked her. She said it was parallel to the road, like it was a horse just standing by the side of the road, along the fence as they do. Looking towards the flank (rather than the rear). She says she saw the tail, the flank, and one leg. She thinks she saw the other leg but "could have just been imagining it". But the horse had not front end at all.

She does say that maybe it was trick of the light or such, as it was night. But she swore she saw no front end to the horse at all as they past by.

No problem! Oh, the horse... it was my roommate, just asked her. She said it was parallel to the road, like it was a horse just standing by the side of the road, along the fence as they do. Looking towards the flank (rather than the rear). She says she saw the tail, the flank, and one leg. She thinks she saw the other leg but "could have just been imagining it". But the horse had not front end at all.

She does say that maybe it was trick of the light or such, as it was night. But she swore she saw no front end to the horse at all as they past by.

Unless it was in a 'spooky place' then I would just assume a trick of the mind, bearing in mind her other previous experiences. Great stories and thanks for sharing.

the 1st story of the big creature, could it have been a bear? if i'd have seen a large humanoid creature late at night i would never travel at night again.

the 1st story of the big creature, could it have been a bear? if i'd have seen a large humanoid creature late at night i would never travel at night again.

Heightwise, a Grizzly on its hind legs would seem possible. Although the things profile was much skinnier then (most) grizzlies I've ever seen. Then again, I've honestly never seen a grizzly who wasn't well fed, so I have no idea what they would look like.

I'd be more keen on that explanation myself if it wasn't for the very wide-set "eyes" (if they were eyes.) As well as the relatively slim body.

To be completely honest, I joked after the effect that the profile looked a little like Bullwinkle Moose with light reflectors on the ends of his horns. Honestly, one of my friends insisted it sounded all mothman like with the "wide set red eyes" type thing, but.. honestly, I just do not know.

To be fair, I've not actually gone out walking that area at night alone anymore. I used to often walk the few miles up the highway to Port Gamble, but I kind of got myself spooked away from doing it.