Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anthrax isn't scary at all compared to this':

sean6

It's only scary if you're afraid to die. Honestly this world has become terrible. People are messed up. I'd like to see it end.

Be careful what you wish for...who really knows whats on the other side. Grass isn't always greener.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oly

• ShadowSot

• FurthurBB

• Setton

I live in a world where there's a good chance of me being able to meet and embarrass my great grandchildren, where I'm able to talk with and exchange information with people literally the world over, where projects to space are a reality.

Yes, there are still horrible things that happen. It has always been such and will likely always be such, but I prefer now to one hundred, or a thousand years ago.

I live in a world where there's a good chance of me being able to meet and embarrass my great grandchildren, where I'm able to talk with and exchange information with people literally the world over, where projects to space are a reality.

Yes, there are still horrible things that happen. It has always been such and will likely always be such, but I prefer now to one hundred, or a thousand years ago.

I think I could roll with being stuck in a 90's loop for a few centuries.

• Like 1

Honestly this world has become terrible. People are messed up. I'd like to see it end.

i agree and i kinda understand the reasoning behind modifying the virus but it is really dangerous.

Fascinating.

Well people, if somebody else build THAT virus or a similar virus, thanks to THE SCIENTIST's research.....we are prepared.

Not hard to undertand folks...huh?

ps

if they created it...it means somebody else (nature or science) also can create a similar virus.

Think before u write.

Never draw your gun unless you plan to shoot....

No, but apply target practice and keep your vir..*cough* gun clean.

Another virus that man has tweaked to form a major killer.So when the agency/enterprize that created this virus is told that they are no-longer required,then in who's hands is this perfectly preserved modification placed? Food for thought my dear brethren!

Two intelligent posts in this entire thread.

Those of you calling for the scientists to be burned or shot are exhibiting pure idiocy. Honestly, the reaction people have to sensationalist news reporting astounds me.

You think more effective vaccines and prevention methods are made using candy corn and marshmellow?

Like another person here said: It's only scary if you are afraid to die.

I can't tell if you were wearing a tinfoil hat or a Trollface mask when you wrote that...

Naive and gullible you are, aren’t you?

The short version: I don't see any critical reading transpiring here. You might call this 'scientist' (and I think I may be using the word loosely), 'the paris hilton of the science community. A (very dangerous) publicity stunt, = notoriety,= money. Note this quote from the article "(scientist) is so prepared for a media storm that he has hired an advisor to help him work on a communication strategy."

To those of you saying this research is insane/evil blah blah blah:

We now know the five genetic changes that would lead to this virus. That means we can potentially develop a vaccine. Also, if we find a strain that is one or two mutations down that path, we know where it would lead and have a chance of dealing with it before it gets this bad.

That said, he's an idiot for wanting to publish how to make it to the world. He should publish his findings but the actual method should only be given to those who are carrying out legitimate research.

Drug companies are keen to creating bigger and badder bugs - do you really think they want to cure us - no profit in a healthy society.

Of course they want to cure us. If they can't do that, no-one buys their stuff and they go bankrupt.

What I suspect you mean is that they don't want to vaccinate us against minor illnesses. It should be quite straight forward to vaccinate people against the common cold and yet we don't see it. Simply because they can sell one vaccine per person or dozens of cures/remedies over a person's lifetime.

However, we are vaccinated against potentially fatal diseases for the simple reason that selling one vaccine per person is better than selling nothing because they died of tuberculosis. Dead people can't spend money.

I find it funny that people are surprised at this. You allow this kind of s**t to continue because you truly belief that the medical and pharmaceutical industry is there to HELP you. (I would even throw government in there, but that is another can of worms.) I bet you all believe in vaccinations too! This kind of s**t will continue to happen as long as the world is filled with sheeple.

They are there, primarily, to make money, yes. But they do help. That's the industry they're in. Your health in exchange for your money. And yes, I believe vaccinations work for the simple reason that I have at least a basic grasp of science unlike others have shown in this thread.

Seriously, if you think every scientist who carries out potentially dangerous research should be killed and burned, you're welcome to go back to shovelling dung cos next to nothing would ever be discovered. Although by the sounds of it, that's what you want anyway. Just burning scientists instead of witches but for the same reasons - 'I don't understand it so it must be evil'.

If you don't know why they did this, make sure you have a basic understanding of the subject before you condemn people.

Perhaps you should read the Stand.

Maybe you should read the article Sean6 posted about why this work is done and how.

Anthrax isn't scary at all compared to this': Man-made flu virus with potential to wipe out many millions if it ever escaped is created in research lab

Scientist responsible is bracing himself for a media storm

Just five tweaks to H5N1 makes it more contagious

Contagious version of bird flu could cause pandemic

Scientists divided over whether findings can be released

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1esQGYJDY

All of the pain and disease in the world with potential pandemics out there and they "create" a new one? My faith in the human race is really beginning to go south as of late. This site might interest you. It is about pandemics and the CDC and other health organizations global warnings. Interesting stuff. http://www.huliq.com/10282/pandemic-prevention-ordered-worldwide-threat-increasing-say-experts

Edited by Robbie333

I like the Stand - the Movie and the book. I sure don't want to live it though :unsure2: .

Blundering fools, I have no idea what is more stupid, creating the virus or publishing the fact that they have such a thing. Hope it all turns out to be a souped up story about nothing. :hmm:

Aeon Flux, 12 Monkeys, I am Legend, contagion, carriers, pathogen............

We seem to like the theme...

Edited by psyche101