Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot hand found?.....

trinthakias

Hello people..glad to be part of this site.:)

Ive got a rather interesting first post here, that some people here might find interest in.

A few years ago some friends of mine were up on the old Cascade Highway that goes through the little town i live in, and they found something up there that startled them...a severred hand that they had no idea, what it belonged to....closest thing i think it looks like is maybe a gorilla? But we defintiely dont have gorillas in British Columbia, Canada , haha. Well here is the picture, what do you guys think. And for the record, my friends were around 19-20 at the time...partied LOTS :P, had no knowledge in making props or anything like that in case you think they fabricated it somehow. Also, if your wondering why they didnt grab it, is becasue they are girls and they were disgusted by it.

bigfoothand.jpg

So...what do you think? It still confuses me to this day.

• Like 1

Erm,, I dont see a pic or even a link to see it. Maybe you forgot to add it?

Not sure if it has an aposeable thumb, but judging by the look of it from this angle, i would almost guarantee it has an aposeable thumb. And about it being a bear paw, i dont think so...as bear paws dont usually have long human like fingers...also, the claws look alot different from a bear

And here is a link in case the picture doesnt show up for anyone else.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6405/bigfoothand.jpg

Edited by trinthakias

It's hard to tell size from this picture,but if those are average pebbles I don't think that hand is very big.

The fingernails also look more like claws. Any more pictures?

no more pictures that i know of, i just happened to grab this picture off of one of my friends facebook page. Really wish i had more info on this. All i now is that it was found somehwere up the cascade highway, and it was years ago...and that it is not a bear. Growing up in this area ive seen plenty of bears and bear tracks...and this is not what a bear paw looks like.

bearpaw1.jpg

Yeah... Bear paw. Texture of the skin of the soles is similar while the fur on the claws has grouped together in the wet which only enhances its finger-like appearance. Even the non-visible 5th digit would be somewhat set apart from the others and could also appear to be "thumb-like". Aren't bear paws sometimes taken as hunting trophies in North America?

Reminds me of the infamous "Yowie claw" - clawhand.jpg

http://ozcrypto.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35%3Adebunking-the-mysterious-claw&catid=2%3Ayowieresearch&Itemid=8&showall=1

• Like 1

Thanks for posting - very intersting. It looks like a left hand to me, with the thumb underneath the palm. Washed-up bodies and bits of body are notorious for looking like cryptid specimens when they are not unfortunately. Maybe non-bear, who knows?

NightWalker: why did you post a photo of a blue-furred hand for?? Thanks for the yowie claw though, I hadn't seen it or heard the story before. It sounds more convincing that the OP evidence imo.

NightWalker: why did you post a photo of a blue-furred hand for??

Um... Because it's the paw of a black bear and makes a decent comparison of how claws can appear finger-like - http://www.alaska-in-pictures.com/black-bear-claws-2917-pictures.htm

Thanks for the yowie claw though, I hadn't seen it or heard the story before. It sounds more convincing that the OP evidence imo.

It's not - http://ozcrypto.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35%3Adebunking-the-mysterious-claw&catid=2%3Ayowieresearch&Itemid=8&showall=1

Cool pic! Thanks for sharing. The thing I noticed was where it was severed and how it must have been attached to a limb. More indicative of a paw (or foot) then a hand.

First...

Warning!!!! Do NOT google "Hairless Bear". Large nekid gay guys is not my thing.

bigfoothand.jpg

So...what do you think? It still confuses me to this day.

bearpaw1.jpg

Yeah... Bear paw. Texture of the skin of the soles is similar while the fur on the claws has grouped together in the wet which only enhances its finger-like appearance. Even the non-visible 5th digit would be somewhat set apart from the others and could also appear to be "thumb-like". Aren't bear paws sometimes taken as hunting trophies in North America?

It looks very much like a bear paw to me too. The pad, hair and the "fingers" all look like bear to me.

I think we are looking at a right side paw, with the "little toe" being closest to the photographer.

This paw-pic shows long toes on the front paw of a brown bear also.

bear-paw1.jpg?w=450&h=336

http://thegreatwhitehunter.wordpress.com/category/big-game/north-america/predators-north-america-big-game/bear/

• Like 1

That is interesting. The 'claws' appear to be fingernails on top of the fingers, not claws projecting from them like a bear's.

post-55116-0-13509300-1322516348_thumb.j

That is interesting. The 'claws' appear to be fingernails on top of the fingers, not claws projecting from them like a bear's.

yea thats what i thought was interesting too, the claws dont really look like bear claws in my opinion. More, finger nail like..

They found what they thought might be a bigfoot hand and took one picture? SERIOUSLY?

Looks exactly like a bear paw, bears look like they have big 'palms' and short 'fingers' but that's because of the fur, get rid of the fur (or clog it together when wet) and they actually have long 'fingers' from what I have seen on the web. The claws look really similar as well.

Bear paws and human hands and feet are remarkably similar in morphology. In many cases the claws on a bears hind foot are not well pronounced.

http://v0a1k0.ca/confidential/rumours-afoot-after-grisly-find-in-radium/

post-41803-0-58443800-1322526885_thumb.j

BEAR FOOT — This X-ray shows the similar bone structure of a human foot (left) and a black bear’s hind paw. The arrows point out the main distinguishing difference in the toe joints. Photo provided by the B.C. Conservation Officer Service

A murder investigation launched after a severed foot was discovered last week near Radium has determined the remains to belong to a bear, not a human being, local police have confirmed.

some good photos in the PDF below.

http://www.lab.fws.gov/idnotes/IDG11_BearHumanFeet.pdf

Partial wildlife remains found out of context cause much concern over the possibility that the

unidentified remains may be of human origin. Wildlife forensic scientists are often asked to

identify unearthed bones found near human activity areas, such as new home construction,

excavation sites, etc. (See Figures 1 and 2.) There have even been cases involving skinned bear

paws that had been deliberately placed in public areas to startle those who mistaken them as

human hands.

For all these hands, I would rather simply know what happened to the Pangboche hand. If evidence exists, I suspect that be where it be. Many thought it was likely Neanderthal. It might be proof of the Yeti, or it might be a very important piece of Paleontology. I just wish the selfish so and so with it in a private collection would let it be properly tested and let us that are interested in that artifact know what happened to it.

Check out this picture

4dcadfdcbc217.image.jpg

Bear paw with hair and nails removed. The teens who found it immediately called the Police, expecting this to be homicide. I wondered right of the bat why these girls did not do the same.

LINK - Appendage discovery near Janesville turns out to be bear paw

This is another bear paw in the same condition. They do indeed look eerily like human hands.

bearpaw.jpg

Hey NW

Is there any reason at all to believe the "hand" from North Queensland, or Woodenbong (quite some wiggle room there) is 2 times the size of a human hand?

It dead set looks like an ordinary old roo to me. Not uncommon to see one hanging on a fence. Might have been hanging a bit too close to the gate, or got hooked as the ute with all the shooters passed through it.

kangaroo-paw-6a9679.jpg

Edited by psyche101

For all these hands, I would rather simply know what happened to the Pangboche hand. If evidence exists, I suspect that be where it be. Many thought it was likely Neanderthal. It might be proof of the Yeti, or it might be a very important piece of Paleontology. I just wish the selfish so and so with it in a private collection would let it be properly tested and let us that are interested in that artifact know what happened to it.

Check out this picture

4dcadfdcbc217.image.jpg

Bear paw with hair and nails removed. The teens who found it immediately called the Police, expecting this to be homicide. I wondered right of the bat why these girls did not do the same.

LINK - Appendage discovery near Janesville turns out to be bear paw

This is another bear paw in the same condition. They do indeed look eerily like human hands.

bearpaw.jpg

That is really creepy looking bear paws Psyche. Good work!

Hey NW

Is there any reason at all to believe the "hand" from North Queensland, or Woodenbong (quite some wiggle room there) is 2 times the size of a human hand?

It dead set looks like an ordinary old roo to me. Not uncommon to see one hanging on a fence. Might have been hanging a bit too close to the gate, or got hooked as the ute with all the shooters passed through it.

kangaroo-paw-6a9679.jpg

That is what I have always thought too.

Hey NW

No, no reason whatsoever unless we are talking about comparing it to a baby's hand (babies are humans too so technically I suppose that comparison would be valid). People tend to exaggerate at the best of times but especially so if there is a good story in it. "Mysterious ordinary-sized roo paw" just doesn't have the same appeal...

no more pictures that i know of, i just happened to grab this picture off of one of my friends facebook page. Really wish i had more info on this. All i now is that it was found somehwere up the cascade highway, and it was years ago...and that it is not a bear. Growing up in this area ive seen plenty of bears and bear tracks...and this is not what a bear paw looks like.

hello there trinthakias,

may I ask a couple of questions:

1- when did you grab this picture off facebook?

2- why did you mention about the girls ages and the fact they liked partying?

3- was it actually on a road or off road?

many thanks

Great pics and info guys. Nice to put these claims to rest. I agree that the Queensland 'hand' is nothing to get excited about.

Great pics and info guys. Nice to put these claims to rest. I agree that the Queensland 'hand' is nothing to get excited about.

On second thoughts, what exactly is biting off these bear/roo paws?? Is it the bigfoot/yowie or the wolfman/bunyip?

post-94765-0-84068900-1322573692_thumb.j

bearpaw1.jpg

Reminds me of the infamous "Yowie claw" - clawhand.jpg

http://ozcrypto.net/...mid=8&showall=1

It is so nice to see someone use the brain we were all provided :)

Thanks Night, I am sure most will have skipped right past your perfect example of what this is......Hopefully most will not.