Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I know you will have seen this image.. but..

George Ford

article-1337542-0C6E6E9A000005DC-952_634x475-620x464.jpg

Ok,

loads of people have seen the image and it appears in the cryptozoology section every so often. I think the last couple of times I saw it was laughed of as being part of a viral for a movie or video game.

My question is what video game or movie? I heard that it was part of a Blair Witch 3 advertising campaign, but there is no Blair Witch 3 movie in production, plus it does not look like a witch!

I heard it was something to do with Super 8, but it looks nothing like the creature from that movie either.

I heard it was something to do with a PS3 game, but I've seen no reviews that show it or make mention of it.

I vaguely remember reading in one thread here that it was 'debunked' as being a viral and the makers had confirmed it. But I don't think there was any proof or links supplied to back this theory up.

Any links and further info would be good, cos that thing freaks me out!

Is the rumour that it is made up now infact an urban legend and infact the photo is authentic? :blink:

Looks a bit Silent Hill-like, but yeah, this has creeped me out. Almost as much as your display pic :lol:

OK, I found this after searching for Wildgame Innovation (it says it on the image in the bottom left but I've seen the same image with out it.) :-

"The image was apparently a marketing gimmick created by a hunting company called Wildgame Innovations they posted the image on their Facebook page and created a small story to make it seem real. Then they changed the the source of the image to a production of a movie titled Super 8. But, the Super8 news website is denying the accusations of this viral video. I found it odd that Steven Spielberg would need assistance with promoting a film. It’s my two cents that the Wildgame Technology has sold a lot of deer cams. Not only hunters are using them but ghost hunters are jumping on the bandwagon without taking a few minutes out of their day to research the truth about the image"

the above quote from :-

http://blog.newsok.com/paranormaleyes/2010/12/12/strange-humanoid-creature-caught-on-deer-cam/

BUT.. the Wildgame website only showed it on their facebook page and claimed a hunter posted it from his trailcam. So if they did make it they are not admitting it. AND they have better night time pictures then this of other animals so why would they advertise themselves with a not so great image. Can someone with facebook check their site out and see who posted it? Maybe we can contact the person who's cam took the original. If he/her hasn't since been killed and eaten by the creature :P

Edited by bulveye

OK, I found this after searching for Wildgame Innovation (it says it on the image in the bottom left but I've seen the same image with out it.) :-

"The image was apparently a marketing gimmick created by a hunting company called Wildgame Innovations they posted the image on their Facebook page and created a small story to make it seem real. Then they changed the the source of the image to a production of a movie titled Super 8. But, the Super8 news website is denying the accusations of this viral video. I found it odd that Steven Spielberg would need assistance with promoting a film. It’s my two cents that the Wildgame Technology has sold a lot of deer cams. Not only hunters are using them but ghost hunters are jumping on the bandwagon without taking a few minutes out of their day to research the truth about the image"

the above quote from :-

http://blog.newsok.c...ht-on-deer-cam/

BUT.. the Wildgame website only showed it on their facebook page and claimed a hunter posted it from his trailcam. So if they did make it they are not admitting it. AND they have better night time pictures then this of other animals so why would they advertise themselves with a not so great image. Can someone with facebook check their site out and see who posted it? Maybe we can contact the person who's cam took the original. If he/her hasn't since been killed and eaten by the creature :P

Can't tell you if it is real or fake, but i would about wet myself if i saw on MY trap-cams!

Just looked through their Facebook page and it wasn't in any of their photo albums from what I could see

It's as fake as my fairy godmother :innocent:

• Like 1

Had to go back a ways to dig up the link again.

Wired Web Blog

Great take down of it I think.

Awesome find. Thank you! I've looked at it and it seems sound. I'll take a longer longer look when this damn seroquel gets out my head.

Can't tell you if it is real or fake, but i would about wet myself if i saw on MY trap-cams!

if i saw that on my webcam, i wouldnt be going into the woods without a rifle anymore >.>

• Like 1

Awesome find. Thank you! I've looked at it and it seems sound. I'll take a longer longer look when this damn seroquel gets out my head.

I looked into that link thanks. Total fake. Shame. But at least I know its not a viral for a movie or video game so myth partially busted!!

It's not fake, I got caught on film and it surprised me.

IMG_2359.jpg

• Like 4

I looked into that link thanks. Total fake. Shame. But at least I know its not a viral for a movie or video game so myth partially busted!!

how'd you determine it's a complete fake?

i think he is looking for his precious

it has no reproduction organs + how they p***

+it does not look like female to

Edited by modas

i think he is looking for his precious

it has no reproduction organs + how they p***

+it does not look like female to

It's certainly a fake, but keep in mind some animals have retractable or internal reproductive organs, or would not be recognizable as female to us. It's also worth noting that we don't know what the male or females are of another humanoid species might be were we to encounter them.

Honestly, it looks 'shopped. I'm not being skeptical, if it looked real, I would consider it. I'm just talking from experience. Photoshop. Pretty creepy, though :/

It was proven a fake. Well, there was a video of the guys that made it setting the thing's constume up. Make-up and all. It was on youtube a few years ago.. I don't know where to find it now.

It was proven a fake. Well, there was a video of the guys that made it setting the thing's constume up. Make-up and all. It was on youtube a few years ago.. I don't know where to find it now.

Hi,

you not thinking of the 'fallen angel' creature with reflective eyes that some Spanish people caught on cam in a wooded area? Cos I know that one has a making of.

Is this the one yr thinking of?:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00dVB-Am6Rg&feature=related

Hi,

you not thinking of the 'fallen angel' creature with reflective eyes that some Spanish people caught on cam in a wooded area? Cos I know that one has a making of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00dVB-Am6Rg&feature=related

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. :rolleyes: Woops. They do look the same.

Looks a bit Silent Hill-like, but yeah, this has creeped me out. Almost as much as your display pic :lol:

LOL! That's funny but true. I think his display picture gives me the creeps because it looks more real.

• 3 months later...

Almost as much as your display pic

Agreed! :w00t:

- T

• 2 months later...

GEEEZZ that video was creeeepy lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00dVB-Am6Rg&feature=related[/media]

Can you post the "making of" video you speak of? I know it's fake of course, but I'd still like to see the footage.

Can you post the "making of" video you speak of? I know it's fake of course, but I'd still like to see the footage.

Welcome to our forums, I am no one important. May I welcome you by asking why are you necroposting old threads and only leaving only one sentance comments on there which does not truely impact the thread since most the topics you posted already expressed the same feelings or conclusion as what you had added?

Edited by Brian Topp