Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iraq / Sept. 11 Connection Confusion?

Permakid

To those who often wonder why some Americans still practically foam at the mouth while spouting soundbites about Saddam Hussein and the War on Terror:

Today NPR aired report about a House bill that implies a connection between the war in Iraq and September 11th - despite findings from numerous agencies to the contrary. Listening to this program infuriated me! mad.gif IMO this is American politics at its absolute worst - confusing and downright dishonest.

LINK - Click on "House Bill Connects Sept. 11, Iraq" (about 1/5 of the way down the page) to hear the audio clip.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Permakid

• joc

• Talon

• doomgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I think a lot of people would be more sympathetic to the war if they'd just drop the false pretences and just tell the truth.

Its the lies that annoys people.

Listening to this program infuriated me!

If you are going to form your opinions from listening to the likes of NPR then you are going to remain an angry young female. tongue.gif

NPR is a leftist media outlet....period.

What part of Sadaam and terrorism do you not get? Seriously? I will be more than happy to explain it all again to you if perhaps you have missed the reality of this issue...and since you are getting your information from NPR and the liberal big 3 news media organizations....I am sure you have missed plenty> original.gif

You know, I think a lot of people would be more sympathetic to the war if they'd just drop the false pretences and just tell the truth.

Tell me this please...what does being on the left or the right have to do with the truth? The truth is. It just is what it is. You can't change the truth just because you don't like it. The truth just is. Most Americans are sympathetic to the war. You won't hear that in the main stream liberal press but ...as you will witness in the November election....most Americans get the 'big picture'. Just because some of you don't doesn't change the truth. And what is the truth? Sadaam had deep ties to Al Queda. So does Iran. And when Iraq can defend herself again against our mutual enemies....Iran will be dealt with. And what will you say about that war? w00t.gif

Edited by joc

Say what you want about NPR - I couldn't care less. IMO they provide a broader view of issues than many mainstream media organizations *COUGH* Fox News *COUGH*

since you are getting your information from NPR and the liberal big 3 news media organizations....I am sure you have missed plenty

I'm so glad there is an expert here on my news sources to tell me what I have missed! rolleyes.gif For your information, Mr. Know It All, I use a variety of news agencies, NPR being just one of them.

Sadaam had deep ties to Al Queda.

Show me reputable source that backs your claim?

Edited by Permakid

Show me reputable source that backs your claim?

May 2002 Zarqawi traveled to Iraq. He had his leg amputated and had a prosthetic limb to replace it.

May-July 2002 Zarqawi spent time recovering in Baghdad. At the same time several extremists also came to Baghdad and established a base of operations.

World History Link

US reveals 'al-Qaeda Iraq plot'

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is under a death sentence in his native Jordan

US officials in Iraq say they have uncovered what they believe is a plot by a militant linked to al-Qaeda to foment sectarian violence there.

The Americans seized a memo thought to be from Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a suspected Jordanian militant.

The message laments the failure to expel US troops from Iraq - but suggests igniting the Shia-Sunni conflict could rescue the resistance.

Iraq's majority Shias were persecuted under Saddam Hussein, a Sunni.

Backlash

US officials say the message was contained on a computer disk confiscated during a raid on a Baghdad house in mid-January.

That coincides with the arrest in Iraq of Hassan Gul, a Pakistani man suspected of working as a courier for al-Qaeda

BBC Link

Gee, Joc, those are some really "deep ties" you established there. Two articles that talk about Al Queda in Iraq after the U.S. led invasion - one of them even briefly mentions Saddam Hussein. Screw the 911 Commission! grin2.gif

Edited by Permakid

Sadaam had deep ties to Al Queda.

Screw the 911 Commission!

noone EVER said Saddam was linked to 911, quotes in their context please...

He said Saddam had deep ties to Al Queda, if i recall correctly, the fellow who made the bombs in the trade center bombing was on Saddams Payroll..just a bit more to the big puzzle of Saddams terrorist involvement

My quote was in context, Bathory. Here is an exerpt from the 9/11 Commission Report that addresses more than just the attacks in New York and Washington.

Bin Laden also explored possible cooperation with Iraq during his time in Sudan, despite his opposition to Hussein's secular regime... Bin Laden is said to have requested space to establish training camps, as well as assistance in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently never responded. There have been reports that contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda also occurred after Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan, but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship... Two senior Bin Laden associates have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq. We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States.

Whether regarding 9/11 or not, I have seen no conclusive evidence to support the claim that Iraq and Al Qaeda had strong ties.

Most Americans are sympathetic to the war.

I wasn't talking about Americans, I was talking about the majority of the world's population.

Don't worry about it, Talon. I think the line, "Most Americans are sympathetic to the war," is B.S. anyway. Supportive of the troops does not equate to being in support of the war. I'd like to know where joc gets his information.

Edited by Permakid

Don't worry about it, Talon. I think the line, "Most Americans are sympathetic to the war," is B.S. anyway. Supportive of the troops does not equate to being in support of the war. I'd like to know where joc gets his information.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, but I didn't want to fight with people over it grin2.gif

Tell me this please...what does being on the left or the right have to do with the truth? The truth is. It just is what it is. You can't change the truth just because you don't like it. The truth just is. Most Americans are sympathetic to the war. You won't hear that in the main stream liberal press but

I do like it when you contridict yourself in the same post. And even in the same paragraph. You see you were the one who brought in the left and right side of the arguement, so what does left and right have to do with it?

What does that have to do with the truth? Well...you asked the question in the first place..

and since you are getting your information from NPR and the liberal big 3 news media organizations

Ditto again...joc

there never was a connection with Iraq and 911, the Bush Governemt couldn't find Osama, so hoping the world would forget they went after Iraq and their oil

there never was a connection with Iraq and 911, the Bush Governemt couldn't find Osama, so hoping the world would forget they went after Iraq and their oil

Doomie, doomie, doomie.........you are a product of the liberal machine....you are smarter than that.....I thought...... wub.gif

Then tell us how you know there wasn't a connection between Sadaam and Osama. How do you know? How could you know? I don't want to hear about what you believe......what do you know? You know nothing.

I know nothing. How can anyone know that? Think! Who not only destroyed Sadaams ability to be viewed as the fourth largest military in the world but also humiliated him in the eyes of the world? The United States. Who probably hated us more than anyone else in the world? No one. You don't know that there wasn't a connection and I don't know that there was one. What we do know is that Sadaam is in jail and the people of Iraq are on their way to self determination and freedom.

and so "DOOMIE" - hell I am totally independent and I can see the truth - why can't others If you all can't see what this person is saying )Doomgirl) then you are either stupid of reading news from a controled source.

Edited by sunshinenz

Doomie, doomie, doomie.........you are a product of the liberal machine....you are smarter than that.....I thought......

Are U all in a dream world or don't you see that what ppl like Doomie is right on the button....................poor fools if you don't