Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?

Still Waters

Have you checked the price of gold recently? To recreate the arch would cost a small fortune. ;):devil::innocent::ph34r:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_of_the_Covenant#Construction_and_description

it doesnt have to be gold itself, any other material of similar electrical characteristics.

Why has no one tried out making a replica of the ark and checked if it functions as a capacitor??

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• docyabut2

• KainFall

• DieChecker

it doesnt have to be gold itself, any other material of similar electrical characteristics.

Why has no one tried out making a replica of the ark and checked if it functions as a capacitor??

Well theres this test full of sin.

Then gold to represent the test full of gold. And possibly the outline of the works couldv contributed to the spell as well.

Did you wear a aluminum hat while touching it or is the hat a constant? :P

this actualy made me laugh out loud.

Parfitt thinks that whatever the supernatural character of Ark, it was, like the ngoma, a combination of reliquary, drum and primitive weapon, fueled with a somewhat unpredictable proto-gunpowder.

where did you get the "proto-gunpowder" from? the arch never exploded.

I think the ark will be revealed when God chooses to reveal it again.

the arch was never made by god, fact is, there were several arch built by the Egyptians prior to the alleged Moses escape.

I read in a book that a european scholar in the 1940's saw 'the ark' and said its nothing like the description of the ark of the covenant. He says the ethiopian claim has no value

I read in a book that a european scholar in the 1940's saw 'the ark' and said its nothing like the description of the ark of the covenant. He says the ethiopian claim has no value

Did he give a description of how the ark looked like?

And what was the title of that book?

Edited by Abramelin

If the claim has no value, that would obviously explain why more powerful individuals, agencies, or world governments haven't gone after it. I mean...think about some of the crazy Hitler stories, surely he would've probably sent some nazi's there to claim it. I wasn't trying to sound Indiana Jonse-y, but still...

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

where did you get the "proto-gunpowder" from? the arch never exploded.

The Ark is constantly accompanied by clouds.Gold frition would `nt constantly do that.The ark had to be some kind of burning device.When the Jews traveled, they were led by the Ark and a pillar of clouds (Num. 10:34); at night, the pillar of clouds was replaced by a pillar of fire.

If the claim has no value, that would obviously explain why more powerful individuals, agencies, or world governments haven't gone after it. I mean...think about some of the crazy Hitler stories, surely he would've probably sent some nazi's there to claim it. I wasn't trying to sound Indiana Jonse-y, but still...

IIRC, there was a story that the Ethopians did hide it in WW2 because many Nazi artifact collectors did come sniffing around. Let me google around and see if I can find that story.

Hi again,

Sorry abramelin and others, i should've quoted my source in my earlier post. The book i read was called from eden to exile by eric h cline - its about mysteries from the old testament, such as noah's ark and the ark of the covenant. It takes quite a sceptical view on most things.

The book discusses ethiopia's claim to the ark and quotes a scholar called edward ullendorff, a retired professor of the university of london, as telling the los angeles times 'i've seen it. There was no problem getting access to it in 1941... they have a wooden box and its empty... middle to late middle medieval construction, when these were fabricated ad hoc'.

I have a few books on the ark of the covenant as i love books about unexplained mysteries, though i must admit i haven't read everyone all the way through.

Books i have are

The templars and the ark of the covenant by graham phillips, which states the ark, or part of it ended up in england.

The sign and the seal by graham hancock, the most famous ark book.

The quest for the ark of the covenant by stuat munro hay, a rather dry, critical look at the ethiopian claims.

searching for the ark of the covenant by randall price.

The book i previously mentioned 'from ededn to exile' by eric h cline has a good overview of the ark but concludes it probably got destroyed or melted down. Its a good book about bible mysteries.

I forgot to mention the lost ark of the covenant by tudor parfitt aswell, gee i have a lot of books on the subject !.

Sorry to keep posting, thats enough now !

Hi again,

Sorry abramelin and others, i should've quoted my source in my earlier post. The book i read was called from eden to exile by eric h cline - its about mysteries from the old testament, such as noah's ark and the ark of the covenant. It takes quite a sceptical view on most things.

The book discusses ethiopia's claim to the ark and quotes a scholar called edward ullendorff, a retired professor of the university of london, as telling the los angeles times 'i've seen it. There was no problem getting access to it in 1941... they have a wooden box and its empty... middle to late middle medieval construction, when these were fabricated ad hoc'.

Thanks for answering the reference. Cline seem to be someone with some qualification being professor of who knows his archeology.

http://home.gwu.edu/~ehcline/

IIRC, there was a story that the Ethopians did hide it in WW2 because many Nazi artifact collectors did come sniffing around. Let me google around and see if I can find that story.

Really? That's definitely interesting, I never heard that one before, if you come across any information, definitely post it up! Thanks DC :tu:

The real ark is located either in Warehouse 13 or Area 51. :P Ethiopa has a fake one, because it is deemed to dangerous.

Well considering the amount of clutter I have in my room I might have it around here somewhere. :w00t: