Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazon deforestation has slowed

Keel M.

According to Brazilian authorities the deforestation of the Amazon has hit an all time low this year.

The head of the National Institute of Space Research (INPE), Gilberto Camara, said deforestation dropped to 6,238 square kilometers (2,408 square miles), between August 2010 and July this year, down 11 percent compared with the same period in 2009-20100.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Myles

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• regeneratia

• skookum

Once they devastate South America like they did North America and we start gasping for our heavily polluted oxygen then the mutated and heavily medicated people will finally say WTF - or maybe not, they may just continued to believe that the governments and the corporations are still taking care of the people and believe it when their told the low oxygen levels are just global warming.

Edited by Swadwa

Can't be that big of a victory...they are still doing it and will never stop even knowing how much irreversible damage it has caused.

the best way to look at this is to think it is a step in the right direction. The human species is hitting a peak in evolution we are becoming more aware.. we have to stop blaming the gov and corporations and start taking responsibility, all of us not just some of us. I believe it will happen although i am somewhat of a romantic. (to swadwa i agree with u but i think tht point ur talking about is already happening) we cant say **** it anymore...

I am happy to read the title. Its a start. And about the gasping for air... quite a bit of oxygen comes from the ocean also a larger percent than land based. The trees are good carbon scrubbers though. I don't like deforestation at all. Also I'd like to add I am more worried about Desertification due to deforestation than oxygen levels. I'm just chatting some random thoughts so be easy on me... lol

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Funny comment to add I am also worried about Desertification due to wind farms ... we need to stop using exotic hardwood and focus on better green technology. More focus should be on the technological advancement of solar cells also.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Funny comment to add I am also worried about Desertification due to wind farms ... we need to stop using exotic hardwood and focus on better green technology. More focus should be on the technological advancement of solar cells also.

What he said.

they should just stop completely

Do yo have wood in your house?

I am happy to read the title. Its a start. And about the gasping for air... quite a bit of oxygen comes from the ocean also a larger percent than land based. The trees are good carbon scrubbers though. I don't like deforestation at all. Also I'd like to add I am more worried about Desertification due to deforestation than oxygen levels. I'm just chatting some random thoughts so be easy on me... lol

Seconded.

Actually, thirded, since Myles seconded first. Though he seconded your second post first and I'm seconding your first post first, which doesn't mean your second is any less prime in my opinion.

Seconded.

Actually, thirded, since Myles seconded first. Though he seconded your second post first and I'm seconding your first post first, which doesn't mean your second is any less prime in my opinion.

I'll second that. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What?! The State Department didn't kill off their workers in Brazilia who really wanted to make a difference?!! WONDERS NEVER CEASE!!!

(understanding my statement requires personal inside knowledge I am not ready to reveal.)

There is more than one way to kill people and the US state Department knows it.

Edited by regeneratia

• 11 months later...