Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing Light Patterns

zyrefredric

I registered after reading this thread. They talked about astral projection, etc., which for me seemed far-fetched. However, one of the comments is very close/similar to what I've been experiencing, so I decided to make a new thread solely about it.

My visual patterns don't surprise me much - usually they are just too abstract. No faces or such.

But I'm wondering if it's "normal" to have the same pattern always..? I mean... seeing colours and dots seem quite understandable to me...

But if I concentrate a bit, I can see, by will, tiny blue and red coloured squares coming at me from far away.

Or white horizontal oval, resembling an egg, coming out of itself many times, it also has someting like an orange oval inside (that's why it resembles an egg). The oval thing image usually comes right after the little squares image. But I can see them at will too. I had them since I was small child, and the patterns haven't changed at all.

I find that strange

Ever since childhood, when it is dark, I can see some light patterns. I can see them with my eyes opened or closed. I've tried to catch them, or at least block them with my hands, but I can't, so that must mean the lights themselves must just be in my eyes or brain. For years now, there had always been five patterns:

1. a swirling red "buckyball" that starts out small but suddenly enlarges while moving;
  2. a medium-sized swirling violet "buckyball";
  3. a small-sized swirling green "buckyball";
  4. a thin chain where the links are composed of orange dots, and the insides of each link filled with 3 dark green dots;
  5. a collection of little green and purple squares that looks like a beautiful green meadow with some purple flowers;

I've always thought that they only appear when its dark, but it turns out I could see it even if its bright, with my eyes closed or opened. At first, the patterns appear randomly, one by one, or all at once, constantly swirling, moving, dancing across my vision. But later on I could conjure the images myself. For example, I close my eyes and all those light patterns come in. If I focus on a spot and think hard about it, the swirling red "buckyball" comes out from that spot. If I think harder, I could "force" that red "buckyball" to change into another pattern, and then change it again, and so forth. My favorite has always been conjuring a red "buckyball", allow it to enlarge, make it smaller and green, make it smaller still and violet, and suddenly make it explode into the beautiful green and purple meadow pattern.

I'm still seeing all these patterns until this day. If any of you experiences the same thing, or if you know what I am seeing, please help me out. I really am interested to know what this is about.

Edited by zyrefredric

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Bendy Demon

• VonMagnum

• zyrefredric

I registered after reading this thread. They talked about astral projection, etc., which for me seemed far-fetched. However, one of the comments is very close/similar to what I've been experiencing, so I decided to make a new thread solely about it.

Ever since childhood, when it is dark, I can see some light patterns. I can see them with my eyes opened or closed. I've tried to catch them, or at least block them with my hands, but I can't, so that must mean the lights themselves must just be in my eyes or brain. For years now, there had always been five patterns:

1. a swirling red "buckyball" that starts out small but suddenly enlarges while moving;
  2. a medium-sized swirling violet "buckyball";
  3. a small-sized swirling green "buckyball";
  4. a thin chain where the links are composed of orange dots, and the insides of each link filled with 3 dark green dots;
  5. a collection of little green and purple squares that looks like a beautiful green meadow with some purple flowers;

I've always thought that they only appear when its dark, but it turns out I could see it even if its bright, with my eyes closed or opened. At first, the patterns appear randomly, one by one, or all at once, constantly swirling, moving, dancing across my vision. But later on I could conjure the images myself. For example, I close my eyes and all those light patterns come in. If I focus on a spot and think hard about it, the swirling red "buckyball" comes out from that spot. If I think harder, I could "force" that red "buckyball" to change into another pattern, and then change it again, and so forth. My favorite has always been conjuring a red "buckyball", allow it to enlarge, make it smaller and green, make it smaller still and violet, and suddenly make it explode into the beautiful green and purple meadow pattern.

I'm still seeing all these patterns until this day. If any of you experiences the same thing, or if you know what I am seeing, please help me out. I really am interested to know what this is about.

They are called nural discharges. They are the result of random neuron firings in sensory deprivation. Everyone has them. That dosnt mean they can't help us. One of the methods I use to induce altered states uses them. And a spirit that I know uses them to make contact.

:)

Edited by Seeker79

It is my understanding that there is life in the air all around us. Some of us are able to see this energy however most of us do not.

Some of the better teachings about this subject can be found in the channeled Kryon material. At the moment I forget the exact message for this, however if you are interested I will research and locate that audio messages for you.

Thanks,

John

Sometimes when I sneeze I see stars! I hope it's not anything to worry about? They don't last long. I guess it's the same as when you get hit in the head? I wonder what causes them?

Sometimes I see little sparks of light; some are slightly in my peripheral vision and sometimes in my field of vision.

They can be white, yellow, blue, green or red little sparks. They look literally like a tiny spark.

Occasionally I see soft, sort of transparent blobs of green, red or blue.

On other occasions I see a "dark" spark that has a bright ring around it making it look like a mini solar eclipse.

I just chalk it up to those rods and cones being sensitized or whatever. I have been seeing them for quite a number of years but never paid attention and it never bothered me either. Just normal eye stuff.

• 1 month later...

Like someone said, there are neural discharges that everyone has (if you close your eyes and press lightly on your eyes with your hands you will see some serious examples of them; I discovered that when I was a kid and everyone else that tried it saw similar effects and they go away when you stop pressing...don't press too hard you don't want to damage anything). I've seen all kinds of shapes and colors that way, though.

Anyway, I don't want to talk too much about typical discharges. What I find interesting about your post was this ability to summon certain patterns at will. In general, I don't see these patterns as much as I did in years past, but when I was a kid, I could summon certain colors at will. Normally, without touching my eyes, I only seen "blue" patterns. They morph and shape like some kind of screen saver or the like (lately I can hardly see them, which is strange since they used to be there all the time at night). Anyway, I used to be able to bring in 'clouds' of green light specs when I concentrated in a certain fashion (that I seemed to discover by accident). They would show up in a dark room like clockwork. I told my mother they looked like "green peas" floating in clumps in mid-air. When I stopped concentrating, they would disappear (the blue morphy stuff seems random to me; I can't generally control it except maybe the general direction or something sometimes). At times, I could also 'summon' red cloud dots. This was MUCH HARDER to do than green, though. As time went on and I got older, I couldn't bring the red ones in anymore and one day I lost interesting in it all and I finally discovered I can't summon green anymore either (I remember 'how' I did it; it just doesn't work anymore; I'm 37 now). I can't explain how I could make them appear to me and why I can't do it now. Maybe when you're young you remember how to do things you can't really do the longer you spend in a human body?

The thing is from about 18-33, I had all kinds of sleep paralysis and other paranormal events occur to me (some have re-started in the past few months to a lesser extent again) and the weird thing/connection I've found to this is that a few of the times that I was having sleep paralysis, I could force my eyes open and while I saw nothing with them closed, when I got them open, I not only saw my room around me, but I would see a "cloud" of red dots (similar to the ones I could 'summon' when I was a kid) floating a foot over my head. I never saw 'shadowy figures' or 'hags' or anything like that during sleep paralysis, but I have heard sounds and a voice and saw these red clouds over me during them. The one difference is that I would see the red dots with my eyes closed as a kid and here I only saw them when I opened my eyes during sleep paralysis (like they were really in the room, not just my brain/eyes). Some say entities appear as "orbs", but I saw two orbs on two different nights in the same house (and I was fully awake when it happened) and they were very different looking (they looked like glowing balls of light and one flew up close to me the first time like it was surprised I could see it and I saw what looked like a body and head in the light made of light and it cocked its head like it was curious and then seemed to lose interest in flew off to join the other one and they both went through the one wall in my bedroom which oddly was underground...that wall I mean my bedroom was on the bottom floor of a bi-level) that was half underground in the front of the house and 95% under in the back and that room I turned into a bedroom because it had no windows and I was taking afternoon classes and worked afternoons later on and didn't want light or a lot of sound while I slept during part of the day. In other words, I don't know why they would go THAT direction but they did the same thing on both nights (albeit the 2nd night they just flew across the room and didn't stop and after that I never saw one again). I'd wager what I saw is responsible in mythology for the concept of a "pixie" since that's what it looked like, albeit very RED. No, I wasn't drinking or using drugs. These seem unrelated to the eye effects or red clouds, but I don't know what they might be other than perhaps some kind of entity or spirit in a more natural state (based on shows like Psychic Children on A&E that describe beings as orbs sometimes before they change into a more human shape).

Sometimes when I sneeze I see stars! I hope it's not anything to worry about? They don't last long. I guess it's the same as when you get hit in the head? I wonder what causes them?

I had that happen once and only once. I was sitting at my computer typing and sneezed really hard. I suddenly saw little 'zippy lights' (like the "bees" screen saver from Unix origins) flying all around me. I've seen little almost white zippers (that I think are red blood cells circulating) when staring at a blue sky before, but these were BRIGHT RED. It was trippy. It went on for almost a full minute, but after about 20 seconds, they started fading out slowly....until they were gone after about a full minute. I'm thinking it was probably just some kind of brain 'fart' that made circulation appear red instead of nearly invisible for some bizarre reason. I've sneezed hard many times since, but never saw that effect again. It didn't look like the red orbs or the clouds of red dots I saw in the above scenarios, though. They looked like little short dotted lines moving in all directions along paths (I assume capillaries and blood vessels in my eyes based on the white ones I can see against a bright blue sky if I stare), although at the time I wondered if I was seeing some other-dimension like thing, but that's probably because of all the other weird things I experienced in that house.

Edited by VonMagnum

That's how i first started seeing energy when i was a child. It would look like a swathe of mulitcolours, red, blue, yellow, green and so on but they were like tiny little particles and not much unlike the static you see on a TV screen. Like pixels jammed up close. I called them 'building blocks' because they could form shapes, were always moving/vibrating and if i peered at them long enough it was like watching a tv screen/cube, they would condense into a cube shape on my wall and become something i could watch/interact with. Now that i am older I understand it to be energy and funnily enough building blocks isn't that ridiculous to say, as seeing at the particle level is pretty much what they are.