Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rogues gallery 2

Saru

And where is your pic Libs?

Nibs

Dammnit. I knew it was only so long I could participate in this thread without that.

:blush: I love you guys...

i think its a matter of time before the men on this forum take that comment to seriously and start taking an advantage of it :P

rydw i fwyta y seasneg i frecfwast...

ag bara a caws? :rolleyes:

and this is what Google thinks you said:

'I am being I eat the seasneg I breakfast' :lol:

and this is what Google thinks you said:

'I am being I eat the seasneg I breakfast' :lol:

i laughed so much :lol:

i wonder what would come up if i entered 'mae google peryglus'

'good is awesome' maybe? :P

Edited by Dr Alien

She-ra's a very purty girl :wub:

And Tryxie Nyxie is freaking drop dead gorgeoussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

ty sweetie :blush:

the only difference is the accent down here :yes:

it might be because you're not going south enough :yes:

I did go south on a raiding party to Abertawe once, but we had to come back early - too warm for us hardy lads, in summer the snow melts on your cute little mountains ( I think the english word is 'hills'?) :lol:

Edited by glyndowers heir

Bummer. The only Welsh I've picked up on during my stays with the folks is "araf". It actually contains vowels.

post-70152-126662176031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marby

I did go south on a raiding party to Abertawe once, but we had to come back early - too warm for us hardy lads, in summer the snow melts on your cute little mountains ( I think the english word is 'hills'?) :lol:

i tihk the welsh word is bryn :yes:

swansea isn't the best place to go for hills. if you want a real hill, come to the town where i live. the walk up there will kill you. thank goodness asda as at the bottom, before you clime, so you can fill up on energy drinks :yes:

Edited by Dr Alien

Dunno, Dr. Alien. I just read the street signs and confuse myself when I am in Wales. ;)

moral of the story is, dont come to wales with an english accent :tu:

they WILL deliberately confuse you

and the other moral of the story is, look at google before i say anything. the language confuses me so much that i still get words mixed up :P

Edited by Dr Alien

Oh, I leave the English accent up to my husband. I come to Wales (and everywhere else for that matter) with an American Southern drawl that no one understands.

I do find the deliberate attempts to confuse hilarious, though. Hubby's English, but he understands more than he lets on and fills me in. I just nod and smile.

Edited by Marby

Oh, I leave the English accent up to my husband. I come to Wales (and everywhere else for that matter) with an American Southern drawl that no one understands.

I do find the deliberate attempts to confuse hilarious, though. Hubby's English, but he understands more than he lets on and fills me in. I just nod and smile.

as long as you dont walk into the pubs and confuse the locals, you won't be chased out with pitch forks.

Edited by Dr Alien

as long as you dont walk into the pubs and confuse the locals, you won't be chased out with pitch forks.

Too late for that.

I love Wales. That isn't even sarcasm.

(I love telling this story, it has me creasing up laughing every time, it was so random.)

We were in Somerset a couple years ago, and we were in a Tesco car park. My Dad was grumbling talking about something quite loudly, and this bloke comes up to him (and this guy had *the* broadest Westcountry accent I've ever heard) and says "If I said... Welsh goat farmer to you, what would you say?" My Dad just stared at him, and burst out laughing, before saying no, that means nothing to him. The guy said he sounded like someone he knew and went on his way.

My Dad is not Welsh!!!! What the hell... he has a bloody Geordie accent, how can that be mistaken for Welsh?

I love Wales. That isn't even sarcasm.

i dont know many people who dont hate wales.

it's a wonderful place :tu:

(I love telling this story, it has me creasing up laughing every time, it was so random.)

We were in Somerset a couple years ago, and we were in a Tesco car park. My Dad was grumbling talking about something quite loudly, and this bloke comes up to him (and this guy had *the* broadest Westcountry accent I've ever heard) and says "If I said... Welsh goat farmer to you, what would you say?" My Dad just stared at him, and burst out laughing, before saying no, that means nothing to him. The guy said he sounded like someone he knew and went on his way.

My Dad is not Welsh!!!! What the hell... he has a bloody Geordie accent, how can that be mistaken for Welsh?

The accent confusion is not the disturbing part of this story, stormie-dear. It's the fact that "Welsh goat farmer" is some sort of code. That is scary and hilarious all at the same time.

i dont know many people who dont hate wales.

it's a wonderful place :tu:

True story. Our cousin was married on Angelsey, where our hubby's family has strong ties. I had a bit to drink and announced to everyone on the bus back to the hotel afterward that hubby and I would only ever have a kid if it was a boy, we named him Owen, and lived in Angelsey. My mother in law reminds me of this every chance she gets.

Edited by Marby

The accent confusion is not the disturbing part of this story, stormie-dear. It's the fact that "Welsh goat farmer" is some sort of code. That is scary and hilarious all at the same time.

****. Tell me now :lol:

that's just offensive to the welsh people. :(

unless the guy was asking someone from liverpool. because they do sound like people from north wales (what do you have to say for yourself now glyn).

the north welsh accent is a fake welsh accent :yes:

the south welsh accent is the proper accent.

welsh goat farmer... ROFL!

Edited by Dr Alien

Please don't make me google that... :unsure2:

and the other moral of the story is, look at google before i say anything. the language confuses me so much that i still get words mixed up :P

Dr Alien,

I can honestly say that this is the most fun I've had in a UM post for ages.

Its an honour to practice the true speech with you!

Here is a picture from that wedding in fact. That's hubby, the chosen lamb carver at our table wearing a mussel shell on his nose. Yes, they let him use an actual knife and everything.

Nyx, wouldn't dream of making you Google it.I wouldn't Google it.

RachelandJamesWedding 107.jpg

post-70152-126662283417_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marby

Dr Alien,

I can honestly say that this is the most fun I've had in a UM post for ages.

Its an honour to practice the true speech with you!

well...

you'd be the first... :tu:

that's just offensive to the welsh people. :(

unless the guy was asking someone from liverpool. because they do sound like people from north wales (what do you have to say for yourself now glyn).

the north welsh accent is a fake welsh accent :yes:

the south welsh accent is the proper accent.

welsh goat farmer... ROFL!

South Wales = BBC Welsh in the same way that BBC English = English! :lol:

and whilst on the subject of TV accents - Pobol Y Cwm! nuff said! :w00t: