Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Illuminatus Trilogy

tapirmusic

Has anyone here read this (these) book(s)?

What are they?

What do you think about them?

I'm thinking about ordering this and checking it out.

thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tapirmusic

• Leonardo

• Imaginarynumber1

• SarahsRiddle

Has anyone here read this (these) book(s)?

What are they?

What do you think about them?

I'm thinking about ordering this and checking it out.

thanks!

I've read them, but many years ago.

Bear in mind that one's enjoyment of a novel is completely subjective, and my opinion may not reflect your experience of them. However, I found the main essence of them to be one of vanity - and by that I mean the vanity of the authors. They are basically a very long-winded conspiracy theory, which should be quite obvious from the title. They weave together a few themes from various conspiracy theories, and throw in some mythology.

I also found them to be a bit misogynistic. The female characters are probably meant to be 'strong' and the authors grant them a lot of sexual freedom, but that is really the only role the female characters seem to have. Blame that on the books being a product of the time and culture in which they were written.

Bear in mind that one's enjoyment of a novel is completely subjective, and my opinion may not reflect your experience of them. However, I found the main essence of them to be one of vanity - and by that I mean the vanity of the authors. They are basically a very long-winded conspiracy theory, which should be quite obvious from the title. They weave together a few themes from various conspiracy theories, and throw in some mythology.

I also found them to be a bit misogynistic. The female characters are probably meant to be 'strong' and the authors grant them a lot of sexual freedom, but that is really the only role the female characters seem to have. Blame that on the books being a product of the time and culture in which they were written.

thanks!

I finished these books a few days ago. A fun read filled with conflicting origins and practices of secret societies mixed with nearly every other conspiracy theory on earth. Ludicrous and hard to follow at times, and at other times, impossible to stop reading. It was a good look into Discordianism.

• 1 month later...

thanks!

I finished these books a few days ago. A fun read filled with conflicting origins and practices of secret societies mixed with nearly every other conspiracy theory on earth. Ludicrous and hard to follow at times, and at other times, impossible to stop reading. It was a good look into Discordianism.

We Discordians must stick apart!

If you liked the Illuminatus! trilogy, you should check out Schrodinger's Cat by R.A.W. It's the 'sequel' to Illuminatus! and just as crazy.

Also check out Thomas Pnychon's 'The Crying of Lot 49" if you want a good read that messes with your head the whole time.

• 3 months later...

It's been my intuition that this "trilogy" was written by the "Illuminati" themselves to reinforce the notion (to its readers) that conspiracy theories are fun to discuss but that there's really 'no man behind the curtain'. I'm sorry you fell for that Leonardo...but you're one of many millions who refuse to understand the nature of evil while thinking that you *do* understand it.