Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lie detector confirms Roswell testimonies

Saru

Hello regeneratia, I am interested in this physical trick you mention. I too am reasonably well informed with regards to 'spotting lies' 'tells' both voluntary and involuntary, I also work closely with spotting micro expressions.

Did you know that women have more 'tells' than men :) basically its easier to spot a woman lying than it is a man.

How interesting.

Are you aware of when you lie and when you don't. I have really made an attempt to note when I am lying, ... to myself and to others. Boy, I will tell you, it is an enlightening process.

There are links spread around just about everywhere these days on this issue. You have to dig for the links. I will try and get some in.

The average person lies around 8-10 times a day. Popular people lie more and lie better than people who are not popular with their peers. Isn't that interesting?!

http://search.eurekalert.org/e3/query.html?qt=Lies&col=ev3rel&qc=ev3rel&x=0&y=0

http://www.scientificamerican.com/search/?q=lies%2C+lying&x=6&y=5 I bought and downloaded an issue of sciam on lying from iTunes. It is interesting.

http://www.newscientist.com/search?doSearch=true&query=Lies%2C+lying

And then there are all sorts of body language books, old and new, that are directed towards this.

I have been stuffing my head with this info for decades and decades now, to be more accurate, about 35 years of it, both formally and informally.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• DONTEATUS

• regeneratia

• quillius

If you are so good at spotting lies, why do you believe all the nonsense fringe stuff on the web?

I ask you, why do you believe the lies your government tells you?

What lies would that be?

What lies would that be?

Oh now, you are just making me laugh. LOL. Nice going. Thank you for that.

Good grief. Let it go already. The guy has been out of office for nearly 4 years now and people are still taking shots at him. When is enough enough already?

Why not analyze Obama? Afraid of what you'll find? And if you tell me that guy doesn't lie.......allow me the courtesy of laughing my ever-loving ass off.

I believe Obama lies too, and am not a fan of his. But I believe the lying by Bush was pathological. And we are still suffering from Bush's lies, economically, socially and so on. Bush's legacy is lying and torture. Until we learn never again to support such a lying clown, we are going to have to relive it over and over. I am just not up for that. I am here to remind everyone.

So where are those Iraqi WMDs we sold to the Iraqis so many decades ago?

What happened to that "imminent threat" from Iraq?

I will ride his hind quarters until we get further from his pathological lying habits and his national alcoholic joy ride that the rest of us are paying for. "Get used to it." LOL, to quote the alcoholic we are discussing.

Personally, we should put all our president's in the MRIs while they are telling us crap like that, so we KNOW when they are lying to us.

Edited by regeneratia

Hello regeneratia, I am interested in this physical trick you mention. I too am reasonably well informed with regards to 'spotting lies' 'tells' both voluntary and involuntary, I also work closely with spotting micro expressions.

Did you know that women have more 'tells' than men :) basically its easier to spot a woman lying than it is a man.

You are perfectly right my friend! :tu: ...In my experience, it's usually when her lips are moving! :innocent:

Cheers.

By the way Quillius...Have you come across this latest Anthony Bragalia article?....

http://bragalia.blogspot.com/2012/01/denial-of-service-veterans-who-pretend.html

it concerns the clue to something greater than a 'Balloon Crash' being the reason that some old Roswellian soldiers deny even being there when there is solid proof that they were!

IMO, He does unnecessarily , and erroneously casts aspersions on the old guys integrity right at the end of his piece....but the rest of his article , I find revealing and another nail in the 'Nothing Significant Happened' coffin!...What do you think buddy?

So, I have to believe the lies of fringe internet websites or the lies of the government? That is not a logical assumption.

How interesting.

Are you aware of when you lie and when you don't. I have really made an attempt to note when I am lying, ... to myself and to others. Boy, I will tell you, it is an enlightening process.

There are links spread around just about everywhere these days on this issue. You have to dig for the links. I will try and get some in.

The average person lies around 8-10 times a day. Popular people lie more and lie better than people who are not popular with their peers. Isn't that interesting?!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/search/?q=lies%2C+lying&x=6&y=5 I bought and downloaded an issue of sciam on lying from iTunes. It is interesting.

And then there are all sorts of body language books, old and new, that are directed towards this.

I have been stuffing my head with this info for decades and decades now, to be more accurate, about 35 years of it, both formally and informally.

Hello Regeneratia, that is quite an interesting and in depth conversation in regards to when we lie to others and to ourselves and how aware of this we are....this leads into psychology and the understanding/definition of 'self'....but thats a serious derail :)

How interesting.

Hello Regeneratia, that is quite an interesting and in depth conversation in regards to when we lie to others and to ourselves and how aware of this we are....this leads into psychology and the understanding/definition of 'self'....but thats a serious derail :)

The part when you say popular people lie more and lie better....well the 'better' element is two fold here. They are either lying better or are believed more freely! Both give the same result but there are different forces at work in the process.

It is a fascinating subject and I feel its far better understood nowadays and I find it interesting that many of the micro expressions that are the key to 'truth' are now being built into software/recognition programmes.

:tu:

Edited by quillius

You are perfectly right my friend! :tu: ...In my experience, it's usually when her lips are moving! :innocent:

Cheers.

Hey 1963, very good!!! :P:lol: (I think we had better duck for cover now mate) :tu:

By the way Quillius...Have you come across this latest Anthony Bragalia article?....

http://bragalia.blogspot.com/2012/01/denial-of-service-veterans-who-pretend.html

it concerns the clue to something greater than a 'Balloon Crash' being the reason that some old Roswellian soldiers deny even being there when there is solid proof that they were!

IMO, He does unnecessarily , and erroneously casts aspersions on the old guys integrity right at the end of his piece....but the rest of his article , I find revealing and another nail in the 'Nothing Significant Happened' coffin!...What do you think buddy?

thanks for this, I hadnt seen it. The wording used in some replies is quite telling indeed. I do feel sorry for some of these elderly people that were involved.

must be like a very bad memory/nightmare constantly coming back to haunt them in so many ways, and yet the bottom line is none of it is their fault..not even the ongoing secrecy, they needed to trust the decisions made by their superiors and whether they agreed with it or not was quite irrelevant.

from the little I know I dont believe the balloon story. I also believe that the government at the very least, believed we were possibly being visited by ET. What isnt so clear is, did they arrive at said conclusion due to lack of understanding or greater understanding?

If the government turned around and said 'we believed we were being visited by ET and until we knew more we attempted to cover it up. It has now come to light that unknown natural phenomena was responsible and we were mistaken' this would actually explain quite a lot for me.

So, I have to believe the lies of fringe internet websites or the lies of the government? That is not a logical assumption.

Oh no, it is totally up to you. You can believe mainstream media, and then alter your impressions from the state lies they issue forth once they retract some of their lies. LOL!!

Truth has chime to it, if you are aware enough to listen to it. They say that one in ten people immediately KNOWS a lie the instant that it is told. Are you one of those people? Honey, it requires you do some thinking and assessing on your own, while most of the general population has a life-threatening allergy to thinking on their own. Are you one of these people?

I am letting you all know that i have not figured out Roswell for myself. I sit on the fence on this issue. But there are faulty impressions coming from lie detectors. fMRIs are the way to go if you need to map the truth scientifically.

Edited by regeneratia

Just to clear up the issue of lying; both males and females lie with similar frequency. However, the type of lies and the motive behind the lying does appear to differ by gender. see link here

lie detectors only tell if you are nervous or being evasive.

if you believe something happened, or if you were able to control your nervousness (and lots of people can beat a lie detector test simply by not feeling remorse or guilt) then it wouldn't come off as a lie, and this is why they are not used in court.

Edited by JGirl

Oh now, you are just making me laugh. LOL. Nice going. Thank you for that.

Ok, sure, governments (all over the world) "lie" to the people, but, that is in no way evidence of ET visiting and crashing on Earth.

Oh no, it is totally up to you. You can believe mainstream media, and then alter your impressions from the state lies they issue forth once they retract some of their lies. LOL!!

Truth has chime to it, if you are aware enough to listen to it. They say that one in ten people immediately KNOWS a lie the instant that it is told. Are you one of those people? Honey, it requires you do some thinking and assessing on your own, while most of the general population has a life-threatening allergy to thinking on their own. Are you one of these people?

I am letting you all know that i have not figured out Roswell for myself. I sit on the fence on this issue. But there are faulty impressions coming from lie detectors. fMRIs are the way to go if you need to map the truth scientifically.

I do not read nor listen to much mainstream media. You are just batting zero on your assumptions. Also, I got the idea that you believe many fringe liars on the net because I have seen you post to them. It does not take much assessment or thinking to spot their lies and wonder if their reasoning is sound, why do they lie. Allergies are one of the downsides to having good public health and sanitation. We know this because people who have any type of life-long combat with infections almost never have allergies. IgE the antibody involved in most common allergies, including ones that lead to anaphylaxis, are parasite specific antibodies. People in developed countries will most likely never have a parasitic infection in their lives. Hopefully in the future this is something we can overcome and is studied extensively. I was just letting you know that it doesn't bode well for your ability to spot liars when you fall for so many internet fringe liars.

Edited by FurthurBB

lie detectors only tell if you are nervous or being evasive.

if you believe something happened, or if you were able to control your nervousness (and lots of people can beat a lie detector test simply by not feeling remorse or guilt) then it wouldn't come off as a lie, and this is why they are not used in court.

Not to mention certain drugs (both legal and not) can increase your changes of failing and others of passing. Pregnant women almost always give inconclusive results because their hormone levels are variable at any given time. Certain diseases can cause tremors or muscle twitching which makes it hard to get a baseline reading. Not to mention guilt doesn't always equal lying. Think of all the missing child cases where a parent or grandparent failed their polygraph and it turned out to be someone else. There is a lot of guilt involved in a missing child case, no matter how it happened. Sometimes even by remote parties who think, "I should have had that child over for a play date, then it wouldn't have happened." or "why didn't I hear something?" or even "why couldn't I have been driving past that area, maybe I could have stopped it."

Ok, sure, governments (all over the world) "lie" to the people, but, that is in no way evidence of ET visiting and crashing on Earth.

I suppose the entire amateur astronomical contingent on earth has also been bought off, and keep all this traffic a secret :rolleyes:

Good grief, DB, is it not amazing how people know yet they are incapable of making sense? One would think a few tips from an advanced species about common sense might go a long way here.

Not to mention certain drugs (both legal and not) can increase your changes of failing and others of passing. Pregnant women almost always give inconclusive results because their hormone levels are variable at any given time. Certain diseases can cause tremors or muscle twitching which makes it hard to get a baseline reading. Not to mention guilt doesn't always equal lying. Think of all the missing child cases where a parent or grandparent failed their polygraph and it turned out to be someone else. There is a lot of guilt involved in a missing child case, no matter how it happened. Sometimes even by remote parties who think, "I should have had that child over for a play date, then it wouldn't have happened." or "why didn't I hear something?" or even "why couldn't I have been driving past that area, maybe I could have stopped it."

too true

Not to mention certain drugs (both legal and not) can increase your changes of failing and others of passing.

The easiest trick is to raise your mental stress level during the baseline test. Think of every lie you've ever told (including the lies you're about to tell). Bite your tongue. Imagine all the consequences of getting caught lying. Get that heart rate up, sweat like a pig, and breathe like you're having a heart attack.

Then when the actual test starts, relax and lie your ass off.

Nowadays they usually mix baseline questions with real questions so be prepared to freak and bite your tongue whenever they ask you an easy question.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clear up the issue of lying; both males and females lie with similar frequency. However, the type of lies and the motive behind the lying does appear to differ by gender. see link here

Nice one.

Just learned something like this the other day, added to and assimilated into everything else I have learned about this issue.

I do not read nor listen to much mainstream media. You are just batting zero on your assumptions. Also, I got the idea that you believe many fringe liars on the net because I have seen you post to them. It does not take much assessment or thinking to spot their lies and wonder if their reasoning is sound, why do they lie. Allergies are one of the downsides to having good public health and sanitation. We know this because people who have any type of life-long combat with infections almost never have allergies. IgE the antibody involved in most common allergies, including ones that lead to anaphylaxis, are parasite specific antibodies. People in developed countries will most likely never have a parasitic infection in their lives. Hopefully in the future this is something we can overcome and is studied extensively. I was just letting you know that it doesn't bode well for your ability to spot liars when you fall for so many internet fringe liars.

I am sure my position on truth and lies certainly challenges some of your positions.

I maintain that no fact can be presented on this media. Only reports and opinions can be presented here. Just because one finds a webpage or file on the internet, that does not make it a fact. But it IS indeed a report.

You have three predominant tools:

Facts - things you hold in your hand, papers or items you actually see in their original form,

Reports - places that try and report issues, whether or not they actually see the item in it's original form.

Opinions -and many times, opinions are presented as fact or reports, but really they are merely opinions.

And FurtherBB, I thought I had you on ignore. How did it change?

I don't bat at all, dear. Too old for games.

Edited by regeneratia

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Roswell incident has been absolutely flogged to death to be honest,if you truly believe that what you saw was Alien then i think you would pass any lie detector test.Wether it was an Alien craft or not we will never know or be able to prove because there is no new evidence or information to be had from Roswell just the same old stuff over and over again.