Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last night

Supernatural Reporter

Last night around 2:30am I was chatting to my mates on Xbox Live like I usually do around that time but since I have a wireless mic. I have to change the batteries for both.

Now the batteries are rechargeable's so just take two out and put two on charge, ok so last night the batteries in controller went dead so I got my flashlight, I didn't turn the lights on cause I didn't want to wake anyone up.

So while changing the batteries I put the torch down so while putting the flat batteries in the charger I took a glance into the lounge room which I could swear I saw a man walk into an old bedroom converted into a storage room, this man was around 6 ft. 3 just shorter than me.

I quickly finished up got the torch and went into the room he walked into just incase someone broke in but the room was empty.

I have no idea what to call this so I came onto here, this is my second post but my first topic, so go easy guys. :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supernatural Reporter

• Sakari

• VvROMULUSvV

• George Ford

Were you just talking on Xbox Live or were you gaming aswell? I ask because i know after hours of gaming on my pc i often see visual anomalies in day or night but i can tell it's just residual images that i had been staring at for ages.

In the dark it can be worse, where 'shapely' forms seem to move from one area to another until i turn on the lights. Just an idea because if this is a one off incident i probably wouldn't stress too much and there's really no way to prove or disprove it retrospectively.

I can also tell by the way that you wrote your account (in a very gushing manner) that you truly saw what you did, whether it's real or not.. only you may know the answer to that.

Let's see what others think..

I was just talking to my mates, I had finished gaming for about 2 hours but that's possible.

Was staring straight at him and it was a whitish/grey but could easily see clothes and skin.

I was just talking to my mates, I had finished gaming for about 2 hours but that's possible.

Was staring straight at him and it was a whitish/grey but could easily see clothes and skin.

Interesting.. very interesting. Doesn't sound like the 'gamer's eyes' i was talking about. Any other possibly related events recently or is this totally out of the blue? Anything special about that room? Were you talking about someone in particular to your mates?

..did it look familiar? You sound as if you're tall as well.. relation? (assuming it is a ghost)..

Well that's creepy, I asked my dad if he knows anything about it and he says if it was anything it would be my grandad, he died in that room.

Apparently that's when it was a bedroom.

Well, maybe it was him. But its easy to see shadows in the dark :yes:

Doors have opened and shut but that could just be the wind and this would be the first sighting yeah, if it is anything.

hypnogogic hallucination can occur while tried, or like others have said just a visual bugbear your brain thinks is human shaped (by any chance were u playing a shooter I know I sometimes get a bit twitchy to any kind of movement after gaming for hours)

I was playing Modern Warfare 3 but I didn't even play a full game cause I was lagging heavily but still possible. Thanks for the response :)

and thanks all of you for the replies, this looks like a good community :)

Since your Granddad died in that room sounds like to me you saw his ghost. Just because you can see him don't be surprised if others can't.

Well that's creepy, I asked my dad if he knows anything about it and he says if it was anything it would be my grandad, he died in that room.

Apparently that's when it was a bedroom.

Well, if he's your grandad, chances are he's not there to hurt you or scare you. Maybe you could just make peace with him. Don't be afraid of the unknown.

Edited by Sprok

I agree that it is possible it is the ghost of your grandad. Now the real question is why did he show himself at that particular time. maybe warning you about one of your friends?

xbox + 230 AM + no lights on, just a flashlight

I think this is a no brainer, and a couple of people have all ready stated it.

Up late, gaming, and add in the using a flashlight with no lights turned on ( yet you saw clothes on the figure, you turned your head, not the flashlight ) your mind was playing tricks on you.I would also like to add I am sure you were low on sleep.

Not to be a party pooper, but the above issue has been proven to exist, and is very common.....Ghost, not so much so at all.

Welcome to UM :tu:

xbox + 230 AM + no lights on, just a flashlight

I think this is a no brainer, and a couple of people have all ready stated it.

Up late, gaming, and add in the using a flashlight with no lights turned on ( yet you saw clothes on the figure, you turned your head, not the flashlight ) your mind was playing tricks on you.I would also like to add I am sure you were low on sleep.

Not to be a party pooper, but the above issue has been proven to exist, and is very common.....Ghost, not so much so at all.

Welcome to UM :tu:

Years ago after playing my Xmas break away on ghost recon, I could swear I could see snipers on roof tops. my eye got so used to scanning for snipers they could not stop.

Years ago after playing my Xmas break away on ghost recon, I could swear I could see snipers on roof tops. my eye got so used to scanning for snipers they could not stop.

I loved Ghost Recon :tu:

Does anyone else smell Spam cooking? Sniff..Sniff.. I do!

Spam alert over.. i apologise for quoting the spam.. i have edited out in the sense that i would just be continuing the spam. As you were people ;)

Well, this is weird. If any of you have have actually read what he said you'd understand there is no base for your claims of "the video game made you see it"

Lets review what he said in response to a few of your posts:

- He said he was not lacking of sleep(quite possible he's a night owl)

- He said he was not playing, he attempted to but the game didn't allow him to.(The lag was too much to handle)

That would rule out your theories, if you have others feel free to share them.

(Although Seeker's issue with ghost recon is actually quite interesting and I really hope to see him start a separate thread explaining this in detail)

As for what I think it might have been, well its just hard to tell with such little detail. It could have been anything from mind playing tricks to possibly a spirit or ghost... With such little information I wouldn't dare take a guess.