Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TELEPATHY. The extraterestials case.

Daniel111

the real problem is , people will beleive nearly anything .

telepathy is not what we think it is , but it is also not likly going to violate nature or natural laws .

the simplest answer ( all things being equal) is most likly the truth .

the current model of the chemical nature of the brain does not allow for memory as we see it happen, but memory is real and functions much better , and in ways not fully understood .

we beleive we understand , but what the collective understands is , increases every day .

one thing is very clear , if radio signals were being sent and received by the mind or by the brain , why are we not hearing top 40 songs in our moments of greatest stress .

even if this were true , we humans who build our own radios ,can not get the radios we have to work on a common standard , speak a common language . what hope would E.T. have ... even if there is some fundimental simplicity of cosmic law of awareness , would it not sing a voice of normal joy currently ?

we can say we do not understand... but there is alot we do understand , and all things being equal some things are more unlikly than others ...

to reach for the stars , you need very long arms or have a telescope .

I'm still trying to figure out how aliens (who hypothetically do not have sex organs) are mastur...ing. headscratch.gif

Edited by Pssst

I'm starting ignore any post by anyone who has 1 star & only a couple of posts because 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be utter crap like this one.

exsample : .... ( this is an exsample , do not freak out and cry blasphemy ! ) ... this is only an exsample !

gun control is all about taking guns out of the hands of the homeless , to make the people in gated communitys feel safe

from the people who have nothing to lose , and can have anything taken with out any hope its return , at any moment .

those who need a gun most and are most likly to use it honestly in defence of their own life or the life of another , are the most likly people who will first be disarmed , and the courts are the greatest injustice .

this is an exsample !.... only an exsample !

logical thinking can only happen when details are not the only thing that is seen ... where what ever concept you have is ignored ... and type face , punctuation and word use ... because the concept may accidentaly be addressed .

let us all send our ideas to a review committee , to be vetted , for content and form , for publication in the next journal ...

How many threads on this are you going to start!?

I just knew you were going to say that Hazzard !

See There is a telepathatict ness in here !

Nonsense. What is described as telepathy is in a lot of close encounter and alien abduction caees. Stupidity is not knowing much about the phenomenon. Get a f' ing clue.

If you are so much "in the know" about telepathy, then please explain how it works, since I would genuinely like to know.

By what physical means are the alien's thoughts turned into a transmittable signal?

By what process is the human mind able to both receive and translate that signal, and what area of the human brain is used for this process?

How are the aliens able to transmit the signal directly into the human brain without inducing a seizure or possibly a stroke?

You don't have to be very technical in your explanation, and even a theory would be appreciated.

Another 10, 000 post member who is clueless and has to trash threads with cute images that's not constructive. Immature dimwits.

Clueless about alien telepathy!?

Ok then, here is your chance to enlighten me,... All you have to do is show me solid evidence that any of this is real. Something substantial, not the usual believer nonsense that ends with "believe it or not".

Lets start with the easy one - Telepathy.

Hey Hazz. :)

Good luck getting a reply from TSR. He's strictly copy/ paste and ignores anyone who asks a reasonable question (it's stated in his sig after all).

• Like 1

Hey Hazz. :)

Good luck getting a reply from TSR. He's strictly copy/ paste and ignores anyone who asks a reasonable question (it's stated in his sig after all).

These internet woo woos have no tolerance for those "mean old nasty" types who demand evidence for everything. :lol:

• Like 1

i agree with thesourse ( which may not make him happy) that just putting the signal in to the brain is a high risk operation , and it is very unlikly that putting something ( like steel) in side a brain is going to make it work better , more likly its going to kill the person ( like a bullet ) ... electro shock is more likly to cause convulsions than a song you can humm along to ....

all this said , people have been "talking to " lights in the sky for a very long time .

it does not matter what we beleive , the people who have been listening beleive it .

Nonsense. What is described as telepathy is in a lot of close encounter and alien abduction caees. Stupidity is not knowing much about the phenomenon. Get a f' ing clue.

I know it is a big ask, but hell, why don't you?

Telepathy. Just another snake oil product to get people think there is something cool to hope for. It's crap. Where does telepathy exist in nature? You ETh'ers just assume that telepathy can be arranged with anyone any place. We do not even know if it is possible or if our brains might be able to work with it. You do a lot of telling people that they are clueless whilst you spout fantasy.

Don't tell me. Advanced, race, can do anything right?

Abduction is a crock. It is only amusing that people still pander to such nonsense. Get a clue yourself. People are not all honest just because they claim to have seen a UFO, but from what I can tell that seems to be your only criteria! One extraordinary tale = validity where you seem to be concerned Not sure who you think you are convincing, but the people that have things like this already sorted out in their heads do not need further convincing. It's like a credulous yardstick.

Stupidity is not knowing about a phenomena is it? Please, do go on and tell me all about the science behind telepathy. As far as I know, only comic book heros have been proven to actually possess such.

31302874.jpeg

all this said , people have been "talking to " lights in the sky for a very long time .

We can "talk" to pretty much anything.... the trick is to get that "everything" to answer.

And even if we get an "answer" how do we know that its not just our imagination. Fantasy prone personality and the likes do exist.

• Like 1

We can "talk" to pretty much anything.... the trick is to get that "everything" to answer.

And even if we get an "answer" how do we know that its not just our imagination. Fantasy prone personality and the likes do exist.

that is a very good question...

there is a man named peter davenport in washington state .

frankly speaking , he has a vested intrest in ufo's being real , however.... he collects 1ooo's of other peoples sightings ... hummmm.... if you count all the people on the planet who see a whale every year.... there are very likly more people who see ufo's than whales... but you do not question that whales are real ....

some of the whales people see are not really a whale... they might see a submarine , a large rock , or a tree that was washed out to sea... but enought people see whales that we do not question if that is what they saw .

more people see ufo's than see whales... which really doen't mean anything really ....

your totaly right about telepathy ... advanced off world agencys are more likly to stir fry and bake a human brain , and serve it as lunch... as talk to it .

but that telepathy thing is being reported as happening . it re3ally doesn't make any sense , and i totaly agree with what your saying ... as being logical ... but that does not change 10,oo's of reports of it happening...

of course your right... except.... when your not , it does make for a problem .

Human perception is notoriously flawed... that is why eyewitness testimony (when it comes to the paranormal) isnt worth the paper its written on.

Edited by DBunker

Human perception is notoriously flawed... that is why eyewitness testimony (when it comes to the paranormal) isnt worth the paper its written on.

again , i totaly agree .

you think you see words on this screne , you think you read words , your eyes witness the words , and you beleive you see them... but how can you be sure your not dreaming the words...

does it matter that 1,oo's of other people also dream these words also , you may be in the midst of a mass dream experance ... or , this might be a single dreamers dream of all of you reading the same fiction ...

how do you know anything is real.... question everything , beleive nothing...

everything is a lie , only the lie is the truth ... and even that is suspect .

with in it all , some where in it , you must find something that you can hold onto .

not because it is easy to beleive , but because you feel with your heart , and think with your head... never confuse the two .

we have no reasonable facts that say ufo's come from some where other than earth .

the fact that the ufo's operate with in an oxygen rich atmosphere says that they come from here.

the number of sightings ( peter davenport ) tell us they come from here also ... if they do not origin from here , given the number of sightings... they have a very very powerful reason to observe us closely and have a remarkable intrest in us....

B U T

when you visit a town 200 miles away... you stop and get gas , buy a coffee , use the bathroom and YOU DO NOT HIDE YOUR PRESENTS... unless you have a compelling reason to do so .

ufo's appear to be hidden from common view ... they appear to have advanced technology , years if not hundreds of decades advanced to our current technology ...

if.... then... therefore!

connect the dots , do the math , what does your math add up to?

if they are not human time travelers , effected by our current events , subject to paradox and time line disruption ... then i am missing details that you are not shareing ...

So, UFOs are humans from the future trying to contact us?

So, UFOs are humans from the future trying to contact us?

its unlikly that they are trying to contact us , very much like when the cop pulls you over , you were trying to get the speeding ticket .

it is very much more likly that they under estimate what will be seen and understood as out of the ordinary , or they over estimate their own ablity to cover up and clean up contact effects .

there is also not just one set of beings... some are not very bright , others simply do not care who sees what , and still others just have not got a handle on what they are doing , and are still learning .

but on the whole , yeah , that is what i am suggesting.

Ok.... how do I know that this tall tale isnt just your imagination talking?

Some sort of evidence would be nice.... if you have any?

Edd: or if you could at least point me to where you got it from, so I can take a look at it?

Edited by DBunker

If you are so much "in the know" about telepathy, then please explain how it works, since I would genuinely like to know.

By what physical means are the alien's thoughts turned into a transmittable signal?

By what process is the human mind able to both receive and translate that signal, and what area of the human brain is used for this process?

How are the aliens able to transmit the signal directly into the human brain without inducing a seizure or possibly a stroke?

You don't have to be very technical in your explanation, and even a theory would be appreciated.

A simple way to put it is your brain is a bilogical computer. Everything you hear is translated into a signal sent to a certain part of your brain. Aliens can send this signal directly to your brain. They can also chnage mood. The shock and fear of seeing an alien to having no fear and being cooperative.

You can also access a persons brain through the eyes. It's one reason Grey aliens are observed staring into a persons face. This process is termed "WATCHING & STARING."

See: http://www.newscient...ye-can-see.html

So instead of the alien giving you a shout hey 'theSOURCE' what's up? Please remain calm we are not going to harm you. The alien will instant message your brain instead. It's a more advanced and convieninet way to communicate instead of an alien trying to audibly speak your human language.

Edited by topsecretresearch

A simple way to put it is your brain is a bilogical computer.

This analogy has been used many times before in a variety of subjects. The problem is, that statement is a gross oversimplification. The human brain is such a vastly complex organ that it may be virtually impossible to construct a complete and accurate model of it. For example, while it's been observed how a group of neurons physically function, it's still unknown how those neurons form thoughts, memories, or emotions, or even how they process things such as sight or hearing.

Everything you hear is translated into a signal sent to a certain part of your brain.

I'm not trying to be facetious, but that process is known as "hearing".

Aliens can send this signal directly to your brain.

Again I have to ask: How is this accomplished? Basically there's two parts to this question. 1) How do the aliens transform their thoughts into a signal that can be "transmitted" from one being to another, and 2) by what process is the human brain able to not only receive, but to translate as well what would be an enormously complex signal without being severely physically damaged?

They can also chnage mood. The shock and fear of seeing an alien to having no fear and being cooperative.

What you've said here sounds suspiciously like hypnotism. This type of controlled perception can be induced relatively easily though the use of mind altering chemicals without the need for some form of exotic thought transference. My seizures are induced through the use of a strobe light when I go in for an EEG, for example.

You can also access a persons brain through the eyes. It's one reason Grey aliens are observed staring into a persons face. This process is termed "WATCHING & STARING."

Again what you've stated here sounds like hypnotic mind control, which in no way has anything to do with the generally accepted definition of telepathy. A person under hypnosis can sometimes resort to confabulation in order to satisfy a leading question.

As for the phrase "watching and staring", I'm reminded of the old Evil Eye, an ancient belief that a person (not an alien, sorry) has the power to cause bad luck, injury, or even death simply by staring at someone. This makes me wonder how much ancient beliefs and legends have been mixed in with current ET folklore.

And for the sake of staying on topic I won't go into my opinion on grey aliens.

As for the link you posted I understand what you're hinting at. I read about that quite a while back, though I haven't followed up with anything recent as to how much success they've had with their research.

The research the article is about has to do with studying how the brain processes and reacts to visual information gathered in a subject's visual cortex. What they're trying to achieve is to construct a basic model which can be used to interpret images a person has seen by studying the results obtained through the use of an MRI.

However (and it's a big however), it has nothing to do with projecting complex communication to or from a person's brain (at least not in an unconventional way). It all has to do with visual perception -- a hard-wired process similar to what I was referring to in an earlier post -- and how the brain reacts to that information. Personally, I wish them success with this endeavor, since it may someday lead to a device which can aid a person who has lost their vision. It may also be useful in treating people with certain mental disorders.

But they are not talking about having a complex conversation inside a person's brain -- either through some type of implanted device, or some form of thought transference.

So instead of the alien giving you a shout hey 'theSOURCE' what's up? Please remain calm we are not going to harm you. The alien will instant message your brain instead. It's a more advanced and convieninet way to communicate instead of an alien trying to audibly speak your human language.

Thank you for your reply, but I've still yet to read how telepathy supposedly works, even if it's all simply conjecture.

what i am about to do is totaly unfair , but needed .

the artical is in the magizine called " scientific american mind " starting on page 53 and going to 59... the artical called "the hidden brain" with the sub title ' flashy neurons may get the attention , but a call of cells called the glia are behind most of the brain's work--- and meny of its diseases '

it goes on the say ' unlike neurons , which communicate across chains of synapses , glia broadcast their signal widely , like cell phones. '

the bad news is , these n signals are not that answer you want if your looking for telepathy ... but its as close as your likly to get ... just befor you discover your wrong .

frankly speaking , the best minds on the planet do not know how the mind/ brain works... they do know how it does not work , and they have a very good idea what is wrong with meny of the concepts , that hold that the brain is wired useing neural active circuits that have a single point input .

in a nut , once you get past the shell , zoomies are not going to talk to your brain with out frying it , and more likly will send you into a convulsion or tooast you to jello...

what i am about to do is totaly unfair , but needed .

the artical is in the magizine called " scientific american mind " starting on page 53 and going to 59... the artical called "the hidden brain" with the sub title ' flashy neurons may get the attention , but a call of cells called the glia are behind most of the brain's work--- and meny of its diseases '

it goes on the say ' unlike neurons , which communicate across chains of synapses , glia broadcast their signal widely , like cell phones. '

the bad news is , these n signals are not that answer you want if your looking for telepathy ... but its as close as your likly to get ... just befor you discover your wrong .

frankly speaking , the best minds on the planet do not know how the mind/ brain works... they do know how it does not work , and they have a very good idea what is wrong with meny of the concepts , that hold that the brain is wired useing neural active circuits that have a single point input .

in a nut , once you get past the shell , zoomies are not going to talk to your brain with out frying it , and more likly will send you into a convulsion or tooast you to jello...

I agree. Because most major neural circuits present in mammals also exist in other vertebrates, it seems that the basic adaptive neural functions had been worked out early in vertebrate evolution. Thus, there exist in all verterates: 1. detection and perception of five general types of physical energy, 2. organized and integrated postural and locomotor activities, 3. Instincts, reflexes and fixed-action patterns related to procreation of young, ingestion and elimination, escape and defense, and maintenance of homeostatic esquilibria, 4. selective attention and orientation toward specific environmental stimuli, 6. learning and forgetting, 7. capabilities for multitasking and parallel processing, 8. elaborate social repertoires, and 9. timed ontogenetic development of the behavioral repertoire.

Here is more - http://www.angelfire.com/nm2/aona/dvalley.html

Edited by Hazzard

i said it was unfair ... and i got what i deserved .

the point is , from your car seat , trying to figure out a car engine is not an easy thing , just because you can fly a helicopter does not mean you can drive a car buildt in 1920 ... and this helicopter pilot is not even from the same world as the car ...

the human brain is complex enought that even when i carry one around with me every day , i have not a clue how it works.... and some pretty smart people have tried to figure it out... and have not a clue .... asking some one from a distant world to dial up its switch board , and ring up your mum , leave her a noter for you to pick up a bag at the chem is reach'n ... if you get my chirp ...

what is far more likly ?

, if you drill a hole in the top of a persons head , pour in sea weed , a cup if salt water , a dead fish and sand ....

, and then cork it up tight so nothing falls out ....

what is the greater liklyhood ....1) the person thinking of a beach... or 2) falling over dead .

this is what your asking of a being from another world .

to say a brain works the same universaly is in some ways correct ...

much like says a computer program works the same ... but try putting the program for a 68000 series computer into a 8086 processor .. you will not get the thoughts of a beach there either .

i am not suggersting that ufo's do not send and receive telepathy ... but the very idea they are beings from off world is very suspect to the point of laughter that is hardy and gross .