Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

So when meditating, the point isn't really to stop thinking and have your mind empty it is to stop analyzing and start observing?

One way... Yes. There are numerouse meditations. Some contemplative others empty mind, others observational.

• Like 1

One way... Yes. There are numerouse meditations. Some contemplative others empty mind, others observational.

Would you consider the first part of any meditation for astral traval or awareness to be removing the physical barriers, then tackling the Ego?

That's one aspect to it. Ego is a huge subject and can not be packed into one post, we can discuss it as it arises in this thread however...Initially it is what the beginning of the journey is all about. The passing of the ego to allow the higher consciousness and your true self [soul] to come into it's being. That is the spiritual essence of it, note NOT religious - there is a difference between spirituality and religion. Spirituality and metaphysics is acknowledgement of the soul and the multi levels of consciousness which define a whole being - you in your aspect here in "ego" is not your whole being. Your ego is the 1% of you while your whole being spans 99% of you in higher consciousness [higher self]

In metaphysics and In relation to astral projection and other abilities, the ego interferes, it is limited in it's concepts and flawed in it's perceptions and lacks clarity. Fear comes from ego, useless belief systems come from ego, self serving/centred belief systems come from ego. Ego knows jack **** and ego wants to control. Ego puts desires and wants ahead of needs. You can only get so far with ego in a metaphysical world because it is literally impossible to transcend to the higher levels using only that mere1% of you that is not even a true representation of you, but a societal moulded programmed faceted personality. That is why i always say the ego is the glass ceiling. All those sacred texts and ancient cultures that tlk about ascension and awakening are all metaphors for by passing the ego level of consciousness aka the programmed you, and bringing in the higher self in which to operate from.

Breaking ego down

Ever heard of the dark night of the soul ? http://www.themystic.org/dark-night/

Research it if you have not. It's a philosophy to describe an experience of 'awakening' that relates on a similar level of how astral projection can force you to face your shadow self/monster [fear] ego, whatever you want to call it. I went through this dark night of the soul before i even knew that there was a philosophy for it. For me it was what I call as my 'awakening' and it lasted a period of a few weeks. It was an intense time where I went through rapid change and growth, and aspects of my ego that were problematic and holding me back were dismantled. It was not a pretty time, and I am not going to sit here and kid anyone that dealing with your ego is all fluffy white clouds and singing kum ba ya. Ego is in it's purity is a monster, it is a spoilt brat, a child a ignorant fool, ego is responsible for the destruction and state of this world and that is another whole rant. Our society raises us to function in ego and only ego, we are not raised or supported to be higher thinking beings, we are programmed to be dysfunctional children who never grow up and accept the most absurd things, for nothing matters or exists unless it impacts the ego, right ?

Dealing with the ego is dealing with your issues. You need to sit down and be honest with yourself and address what your issues are. If you can not think on what that may be, then write down a list for what makes you react out of fear to things, not respond. Then what makes you react out of anger, Then what makes you judgemental to things and others. Then what makes you feel threatened, what is it about others who trigger your defences, the things that they say or try to impose or takeaway from you? this bit is the key to getting under your hidden agendas. Everyone has triggers for the basic ego/primal states of being - anger - jealously - fear. Find out what yours are or at least the situations which trigger you. Self esteem issues are all ego issues too, so anything to do with confidence, low opinions of self, destructive habits, passive aggressive behaviour, manipulative behaviour all count as ego issues which need to be smacked up the head and dealt with. There is no place for baggage in metaphysics, it's something that has to be aired and cleared out. The goal is to keep on clearing and clearing and clearing yourself, you will always be clearing for we are always accumulating and by processing and clearning and letting **** go, we allow ourselfs to turn into awesome transmuting machines, not freaky garbage machines. So yes be the transmuter - not the garbage collector.

When you have sorted through what your triggers are, what your defences are, why you have them, and what you can't pin point most likely stem back to childhood. Ego is cemented during childhood and that is why ego consciousness is forever a child. When you have something to work on, you then use meditation to visit these things one at a time. It could be going back to a time in your childhood, revisiting your self as a child and talking to yourself about how whatever was comprehended then, was then, and is not useful or helpful to you anymore.

The other part of working with your identified triggers is adopting the approach of becoming self aware. Self awareness is bringing your thought level and emotional level into your conscious mind. It is being aware of what thoughts you are generating, triggering, and receiving. Yes receiving, you don't think for a moment that every thought and impulse belongs to you ?

Self awareness is one of the keys to becoming the monitor/observer of not only your ego, but your other levels of consciousness and the ability to move your awareness at will [shifting awareness to another level and connecting to that, is the definition of projection]. Your higher self, your guides, your intuition are all things that self awareness makes you aware of.

So in dealing with ego there is the aspects of your personality to deal with, there is the practising of self awareness with the goal of becoming conscious of your every thought and where it comes from. You eventually get to the point where you can question, was that 'me' or is that something else trying to imprint or, yes OR, manipulate my frequency/vibration. IE negative thoughts which loop, which lead to negative emotion and mood if left unchecked. When you do catch a negative thought or feeling, you can immediately flip the thought around, or stop the loop and counter it with something neutral or positive. That is what it is to be self aware. And where ego comes into it, it is not giving into your emotional triggers, it is controlling your emotions. Everything starts on the thought level and ends up an emotion, feeling or mood, and everything of which generates an energy and frequency. For those of you who are empaths/energy manipulators, you will already have your experiences of this to understand this indepth. Paying attention to what is going on is a useful shield if you can catch thought loops or at least recognise when you are in a loop, just looping old issues, looping things that are ego....

Will take a break on the subject of ego there. It's a massive topic in its own right and i think it's probably better to discuss as this thread goes along. [also have a half functioning keyboard so excuse the typos, rough grammar]

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Breaking ego down

Ever heard of the dark night of the soul ? http://www.themystic.org/dark-night/

cool, thanks..

Nawh... The site for the link is down..

I hope this is an alternative. http://exploring-lif...-of-the-soul-1/

edited to joke :The Fed's took it down :ph34r:

Edited by Professor T

Hmm the site still shows as up for me - that other link is not reflective of what i experienced, although it is not my place to reject another persons dark night of the soul. We are all different. I will find an alt that i feel reflects what i went through. It was primarily the battle of the ego and higher consciousness.

ETA lmao how lame of 'them'

I think I need to stop being lazy and publish my own article on what it is. I'm amazed by how off a lot of these results are coming up as.

Ok this link - not an exact replica of course - but delivering a similar theme -

http://www.metaphysics-for-life.com/dark-night-of-the-soul.html

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

Would you consider the first part of any meditation for astral traval or awareness to be removing the physical barriers, then tackling the Ego?

Ego is a barrier. It's the part of you that lives in this world and is highly focused on physical life... It often reminds me of a twelve year old brat playing video games. So focused on the game that if you say anything or get in the way, they will scream at you to move and lash out. I have seen it first hand.

In my own limited experience ego can be tackled by contemplation, then It needs to be buried by the journey. Then... It's like a zombie it rises again and needs to be reconized. It's not stupid. It's as smart as you are, and will change forms and prod you. Some even call it demons. There is a reason why demons are a metaphore for internal struggles

• Like 1

Cool, thanks guys..

I'll go away and look into this a bit more in depth.

I didn't expect to get this - the white colour indicates high energy - ie high vibrational

The red triangle I'm not sure how to interpret, but i feel it is connected to fault lines/plate activity. The energy from that. I see 5 - 7days over that area. I don't know if that is for 5 days or in 5 - 7days.

nzmapenergymap.jpg

Hi, just an update.

Unfortunately due to ghastly case of Flu, I wasn't able to make much use of the high Energy..

I didn't think anything much happened in the red-triangle area till this morning when I had another look. There's been proably 4-5 earthquakes all outside of the area, but this morning a 5.4 near mount Cook, then this artical showed up regarding a landslide caused by an earthquake. http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/7692951/Slip-keeps-rocky-road-shut-at-night

• Like 1

Thanks for the update - the link shows that it happened on the 5th Sept, or was there 2 events int hat area, today and during the 5th ? Either way i made the map on the 4th sept, so it is interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Hey. Sorry if I haven't posted in awhile. I've been lurking.

Just thought I'd share my experience today. It was crazy, I initiated vibrations in like 10 minutes. I really wasn't expecting anything, I wasn't trying to initiate them. I was pretty surprised.

Question: For those here that have experienced vibrations, where do they usually start for you?

I was doing chakra work. Since when I meditate, I get a tingly feeling in the brow chakra, I moved that tingly feeling up to the top of my head, then shot it down my spine. Boom. Vibrations started in my groin area.

No presleep or anything...

Just a little update-

I got this feeling again right after I began to meditate yesterday. I decided to let it do its thing. It got stronger and stronger, until it sort of "shot up" my spine. I can't really explain it that well. I do have to say though, for about 1-2 minutes, I was blasted with an intense feeling of joy and pleasure. Again, it's sort of hard to explain, but it felt so good. It felt like everything was in harmony, like I was all alone, yet connected with everything else. After this phase, I opened my eyes, and I got really cold, and began to shiver like a madman. Not shiver, more like twitch. I got up and walked around and it went away. I tried this again today. I got the tingly feeling in my root chakra again, but this time I didn't get the intense "shock" or joyous feeling I got yesterday. It more of like a dull pleasure, it wasn't as deep as yesterday's. Ever since this happened I've been feeling really refreshed and also more in tune I guess. Right now I can initiate the tingly feeling at will in any position, and no matter what I'm doing, and I can feel the the energy flowing up my spine, and all around my body. I can "sense" the chakras I guess is how you can explain it.

Edited by human_eraser
  • Like 1

Just a little update-

I got this feeling again right after I began to meditate yesterday. I decided to let it do its thing. It got stronger and stronger, until it sort of "shot up" my spine. I can't really explain it that well. I do have to say though, for about 1-2 minutes, I was blasted with an intense feeling of joy and pleasure. Again, it's sort of hard to explain, but it felt so good. It felt like everything was in harmony, like I was all alone, yet connected with everything else. After this phase, I opened my eyes, and I got really cold, and began to shiver like a madman. Not shiver, more like twitch. I got up and walked around and it went away. I tried this again today. I got the tingly feeling in my root chakra again, but this time I didn't get the intense "shock" or joyous feeling I got yesterday. It more of like a dull pleasure, it wasn't as deep as yesterday's. Ever since this happened I've been feeling really refreshed and also more in tune I guess. Right now I can initiate the tingly feeling at will in any position, and no matter what I'm doing, and I can feel the the energy flowing up my spine, and all around my body. I can "sense" the chakras I guess is how you can explain it.

Kundalini?

I have experienced this, too. Never conciously trying to, though. It would always happen when I was falling asleep during meditation. I would hear a very loud noise(Like a large wooden table being dragged along a tile floor, but with an "electronic" flare to the sound) and have a jolt of energy that rushed from my tailbone to the stem of my brain. I have had it happen a few times since, but never as intense as the first, and I cannot actively reproduce it.

As for the chakras, I have been feeling tons of energy lately, too. Way more than I've ever felt before.

• Like 1

It all sounds very similar to what I first experianced with meditiation. An unravelling from the root area, spiralling up the spine and up though the head. I think it was pleasant, but an earthquake happened next, so I ended up quite rattled & unnerved, then for the next week I suffered light-headedness from random vibrations. I don't think my experiance was kundalini though, as there was no cold breath of it, or cold shivers.. But from what I've read, human_erasers experiance sound very much like it.

Edited to add, Kundalini is descriped as a snake or rope. My experiance was that of a thread of cotton.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

I agree it sounds like Kundalini, and with that you can explore your chakra system in your own terms, since you are the one feeling it now and where the paths go.

Maybe one can do astral if he's sick or wounded. Through it he would not feel the pain.What do you think??

It would be very hard to relax properly, but yes meditation and mental states have huge influences on pain.

Hi,

Just a question..

Am I correct in assuming that if someone doesn't ground before meditiation or at any time for that matter that it can be benefitial to leaving the body?

Hi, I have a few questions on Astral Projection...

1) Is this actually considered to be your soul leaving your physical body?

2) When projecting are you in realtime? For example when you exit and see yourself do you see others? Like could you project and watch over your wife and children

2-a (realtime) Is it possible to project while awake? I have on several occasions looked down upon myself driving, sitting, other, different times/places etc. Sometimes focused sometimes not, it is best described as google earth like view going up the down wherever I want to go. It feels much more than a manifestion of my wandering mind.

3) If it is your "soul" can your body be over taken while out? Is it dangerous I guess is what I'm saying.

4) I feel that I have Astral projected from an early age but it also seems like dreams, like my mind has seen too many things and I have an extremely strong immagination to create anything anywhere. Such as, I'm on the beach in Hawaii and I can literally feel sand between my toes and hear waves breaking. But I also can't remember things like it was just a lucid dream, times that I feel I have truly astral projected I was totally alone with a calming presence with me that did not use words and I filled overwhelmingly safe and content.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I would like to try this seriously but to be honest I am quite afraid and nervous...

Hi, I have a few questions on Astral Projection...

1) Is this actually considered to be your soul leaving your physical body?

2) When projecting are you in realtime? For example when you exit and see yourself do you see others? Like could you project and watch over your wife and children

2-a (realtime) Is it possible to project while awake? I have on several occasions looked down upon myself driving, sitting, other, different times/places etc. Sometimes focused sometimes not, it is best described as google earth like view going up the down wherever I want to go. It feels much more than a manifestion of my wandering mind.

3) If it is your "soul" can your body be over taken while out? Is it dangerous I guess is what I'm saying.

4) I feel that I have Astral projected from an early age but it also seems like dreams, like my mind has seen too many things and I have an extremely strong immagination to create anything anywhere. Such as, I'm on the beach in Hawaii and I can literally feel sand between my toes and hear waves breaking. But I also can't remember things like it was just a lucid dream, times that I feel I have truly astral projected I was totally alone with a calming presence with me that did not use words and I filled overwhelmingly safe and content.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated! I would like to try this seriously but to be honest I am quite afraid and nervous...

1) yes and no. More like an expansion of your awareness. Leaving ones body is a necessary metaphore for the mind to articulate what's happening. In truth the duality dosnt exist, but we are differential creatures.

I have watched over family many times. I cannot do it while in normal conciousness. Others seem to be able to. I have heard of the driving thing more than a few times now, I suspect it's part of the satori state people can reach while driving, but I don't really have any experience here.

3) your body cannot be taken over. This is a myth projected by the religously dogmatic who really don't have a clue.

4) projections douwnload straight to long term memory. By passing short term memory centers. You most write them down to retain the grandure of what they are.

The calming presence is your angel. A very special spirit guide that will carry you places if you ask.

I hope that helps ;)

Edited by Seeker79

Thanks Seeker79, all that info does help alot. Also I have read more on astral travel and have more info on my driving .experiences...

READ THIS!!! As a family man I would like to add PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ASTRAL PROJECT/TRAVEL WHILE DRIVING, as I have never done it intentionaly and would never for safety, you think texting is bad.

But as far as my own (unknowing/not trying) experience I have always found that when I snapped out of it the radio was on "static" (off air station) or on "scan". I have also believe that even though the radio is on scan there is a rhythmic sound to the chaos and your brain can fill in the discrepencies.

Also I have found that the low frequency hum of a window A/C unit provides a great relaxer.

Hi,

Just a question..

Am I correct in assuming that if someone doesn't ground before meditiation or at any time for that matter that it can be benefitial to leaving the body?

There is great misconception about grounding. It's not just about bringing yourself back to the physical after you have done something -- im sick of reading texts which only state that grounding should be done to help you come back to your body after a meditation or healing or whatever... That is like utilising 1% of what grounding is..... It's only until recently i had a very basic view of grounding myself, i had some experiences which opened my eyes to the real purpose of grounding.

Grounding is about the connection between yourself and everything else. But furthermore it is about how you hold your space, literally. Imagine 2 tents side by side, one has no grounding ropes, the other does. What happenes to the one with no ropes when the gale comes by ? it gets obliterated and tossed into another location/dimension/space from where it is supposed to be. Rather than holding it self firm against the currents, the currents are in total control of it. What chance does a tent like this have in aiding your protection too ?

Another example - You have 2 towers, one has a lightning grounding rod, the other doesn't. Along comes a storm and the tower with no grounding rod, gets struck, setting it on fire and shooting all it's circuits out.

You don't want that happening to your body (chakra system) if you start taking in to much energy during a session, ie energy is always coming in through the top (crown) and if you are not grounded it is pretty uncomfortable because it wails on and bottlesnecks wherever blocks/congestion is. And because there is a capacity for how much energy a being can hold. Now energy is not supposed to be 'held' it's supposed to flow, continuously flow, which connects back to why grounding aids the completion of the circuit of connecting to yourself, higherlevels/non physical. Grounding helps to prevent and work out blocks too, which everyone has or gets, it is a given. In advanced techniques grounding is also used to pull energy from. So you have a circuit of energy being both pulled and grounded from top and bottom, and distributed around the whole body/and the subtle bodies.

The other thing grounding is used for is for keeping you in "live time", as far as consciousness flow/time goes, grounding keeps you and your multi levels of consciousness in the present moment which is the relevant moment, not in the past, not in the future. So when you do apply/shift your awareness to your consciousness, like project, you are keeping in live time, you are receiving inline of what is relevant for now.

So there is many different applications of grounding, if you are looking for a method to bring you 'back' to make you feel solid and dense again, you may as well eat food.. But eating food is not going to do a thing for all the above. Food is another topic really, you can be very light from a fast or certain way of eating/food types, which can give you the same sensation of being airy fairy ungrounded, half in, half out, but you can infact be grounded as solid as an oak and still maintain that sensitivity of a lighter density.

But whatever application/intention you use grounding for it is not going to make projection harder. It is going to aid it because you are balancing and activating the circuits that are needed in doing these things. This of course will unlikely make much sense to anyone who is yet to feel energy or their energy body. But it should make sense to those who can and know what a block feels like etc.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 3

i shall relay an incident which happened to me.. and i would like opinions on what this was... i was told by many that is was the start of astral projection...... here it goes.... this happened.. about 5 years ago......

I was relaxing on the love seat listening to music... in a darkened room.. i could hear everything going on around me.. i remember that my younger brothers were over playing XBOX in my spare bedroom.. my kids (little at the time) were playing in the living room. As i laid there i had this sensation that i was drifting(not off to sleep.. physically drifting)... my eyes still closed.... i could still sense what was going on around me. I lingered in that state for a few minutes.. then i physically felt like i was being slammed back into my body.. almost like a taunt rubberband and been let go and snapped back to its natural relaxed shape. Right after that happened.. i said out loud.. "WHOA what just happened".

Any thoughts/opinions on what this was is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Yes that was projection, that drifting and connected sense of what was going on around you, was the expansion of your awareness/consciousness. :tu:

Thank's for the grounding lesson Blue. :tu:

That kind of explains more recent events of wishy-washy mind like that of a few months ago, feelings of dropping away or floating away when relaxed and a 30 minute meditation session that (when I stoped & looked at the clock) only lasted 12 minutes...

I'm going to ground from here on in..

hmmmmm......... Overdueleaf's description is very similar to my "dropping away or floating away" feelings I've had lately.. I always notice it and kind of snap myself back in place? but it's not a consious snapping myself back.. It's automatic (probably a fear responce).. If this is the beginnings of projection, how does one stop the automatic process of returning to the body?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked