Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Here's an odd one that I can't make any sense of. Hope someone can point me in the right direction with this.

Last night I was teetering about the hypoganic state and getting flash glimpses of this and that for near 15 minutes..

Then out of the blue I got a very clear Clairaudient voice that said "Turn the light off Professor T"

It wasn't my inner voice. This voice was telling me what to do in a matter-of-factly or advisory way.

She sounded female, Etheral...

I was in the dark, so there was no light on to turn off?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Only thing im able to think of is maybe the voice wanted you to sleep? Which you kinda sorta would have already been doing.. i dont know.

Only thing im able to think of is maybe the voice wanted you to sleep? Which you kinda sorta would have already been doing.. i dont know.

Now that really makes a lot of sense.

The one time I've had a dream that was even close to Lucid was the night after a night of not meditating at all.

I wonder if a holiday from meditating is in order.. afterall, I've been at it for near 6 months..

Thanks..

Awsome..

Just wondering, you felt it fading towards the end. Do you think posture made it less sustainible?

Don't know. I think pysiologically it's a completely different state of the brain. Im probably just not used to it that way. All other projections I the past I was reclined and relaxed. This is different.

Now that really makes a lot of sense.

The one time I've had a dream that was even close to Lucid was the night after a night of not meditating at all.

I wonder if a holiday from meditating is in order.. afterall, I've been at it for near 6 months..

Thanks..

I wish i was that committed. 6 months! Wow. Maybe ill start doing it every night again.

Anyway, glad i could help.. let me know how it goes.

I find it easiest to do like in "Astral Dynamics" I forget the author..but he describes a technique where you imagine that you are "climbing a rope (hanging from the ceiling)" and get lifted out of your own body.

I will add my two cents after reading the last couple of pages.

I think people try too hard when approaching the subject of astral projection. There is a misconception that it takes an 'unrelenting vigor' just to get to the vibration stage, for example. Page after page on here people are frustrated because they cannot "do it." But this I believe is because they try too hard. They just over complicate it. You just have to do it. "Just do it," like the Nike slogan. I believe we all have the ability to AP inside us. It is simply there because we exist. It is not something you "learn." We have to treat it like it's an instinct, just like eating or removing waste. There are aids to help, a guideline to help you get there, but it's not complete dogmatic truth. A lot of people follow these guidelines because they don't know what else to do. In the end, we all have to take our own path. That's the whole point, right?

I also have to add though, another reason why so many people have trouble is their life. You cannot utilize this instinct if you do not let it grow inside you. Compare it to thirst. The instinct to keep us hydrated is within all of us. But if we drink coffee instead of water, it will aggravate our thirst even more because coffee dehydrates us. We need to live a life where our instinct to AP is brought to the forefront. Seeker does a great job of this, he camps in the forest and connects with nature. That's only one example. But if you base your life around those types of principles, astral projection will come as a result. If you are an average guy who works 9-5 and pays no attention to spiritual fulfillment, AP will be much harder, even impossible.

To boil it down, we really only need to do two things:

1. Stop trying so hard.

2. Live a life of positive well-being. Kindness, humility, respect, empathy, etc. as well as other spiritual pursuits such as meditation.

That's all we have to do.

• Like 3

I will add my two cents after reading the last couple of pages.

I think people try too hard when approaching the subject of astral projection. There is a misconception that it takes an 'unrelenting vigor' just to get to the vibration stage, for example. Page after page on here people are frustrated because they cannot "do it." But this I believe is because they try too hard. They just over complicate it. You just have to do it. "Just do it," like the Nike slogan. I believe we all have the ability to AP inside us. It is simply there because we exist. It is not something you "learn." We have to treat it like it's an instinct, just like eating or removing waste. There are aids to help, a guideline to help you get there, but it's not complete dogmatic truth. A lot of people follow these guidelines because they don't know what else to do. In the end, we all have to take our own path. That's the whole point, right?

I also have to add though, another reason why so many people have trouble is their life. You cannot utilize this instinct if you do not let it grow inside you. Compare it to thirst. The instinct to keep us hydrated is within all of us. But if we drink coffee instead of water, it will aggravate our thirst even more because coffee dehydrates us. We need to live a life where our instinct to AP is brought to the forefront. Seeker does a great job of this, he camps in the forest and connects with nature. That's only one example. But if you base your life around those types of principles, astral projection will come as a result. If you are an average guy who works 9-5 and pays no attention to spiritual fulfillment, AP will be much harder, even impossible.

To boil it down, we really only need to do two things:

1. Stop trying so hard.

2. Live a life of positive well-being. Kindness, humility, respect, empathy, etc. as well as other spiritual pursuits such as meditation.

That's all we have to do.

Very well put

Success!!!!!!!.....

I don't have time to blog it right now, but full projection in a pure upright meditation posture. No mixing it with sleep trances this time. After my workout I went for it. Tibetan meditation music in front of my mirrors at my school, and in about 10 minutes I was out.

I walked around myself a bit. Just like other projections no noticeable difference except my body was sitting upright in full posture. Awesome.

I floated out to watch the cars go by then felt it fading.

I am very excited!!!

Sounds amazing! How long have you been doing AP for? You sounds like you're a natural :)

Sounds amazing! How long have you been doing AP for? You sounds like you're a natural :)

Yes. I suffered sleep paralysis all my life until I learned ( or rather was taught) to control it. I have had also made some lucky choices along the way that added to my success. A convergence of a number of things I think. I wish I could say its purely from hard work, but it's not. Certainly learning more and more has been to dedication, but I did have a head start.

Edited by Seeker79

When I was a child I was bit in my face by a dog. While sitting in the house getting my face washed by my mom on the kitchen counter, I somehow detached from my body and was able to see myself. I traveled into the other room and could see my moms' friend calling the hospital. I didn't understand what had happened to me for the longest time, but I was always fascinated by the experience.

Over the years I have stumbled across data pertaining to Out of Body Experiences (O.B.E.), and I am a true believer in them. A few months ago I came across what I am now beginning to believe is a gold mine, how to induce sleep paralysis and go into an O.B.E. experience. Before I decided I would start to experiment in this field I did my research. It occurred to me that some say it is a dangerous practice, demonic, and outright terrifying and psychologically damaging. I would have to say to an extent all could apply, and everyone should take precautionary steps when experimenting with anything of the supernatural, if in fact that is what is occurring, I will let you be the judge of that. I think mostly everyone is capable of doing this, but does not necessarily have the right mind set while trying to project into the astral realm. Some happen to stumble across sleep paralysis at some point in their life on accident, much as I had through the years, and not understand what was happening to me, deeming me frightened by the experience.

Over the last few months I have been inducing sleep paralysis upon myself intentionally to see what findings I could observe, and collect. There have been many nights of frustration laying down hoping to, as strange as it may sound, become paralyzed through leveling myself between being awake and asleep, and just fall into a deep sleep not remembering my dreams or any other experience. I can say though, that when I do have successful nights, I have been able to detach from my body after achieving sleep paralysis. The only issue that I am currently having is I have yet been able to make it out of the confines of my own home. I realized that when I am in control of these parameters, it is not that frightening of an experience, unlike when I had endured sleep paralysis for the first time without knowing what was happening to me. I speculate that it is the fear of the unknown that may trigger some of the things that many people see as demons when falling under paralysis unwillingly.

I am a very spiritual man, as I have witnessed many things in my life that I cannot refuse to acknowledge. With that being said I believe that astral travel or O.B.E., whichever you prefer, has a connection to the spiritual realm or dimension; however, as I stated before I have yet to travel outside of my house to verify my theories. All I know is that it is a fascinating world we live in, and there is much to be explored even within the very existence of people. I hope that maybe someday science and spirituality can find common grounds with one another and lead us into understanding life in a much deeper perspective. Knowledge is power, but let's not become greedy with that too eh?

I hope that by sharing my personal experience with anyone who decides to read this, that they may have a little more insight on any questions pertaining to Astral Travel, O.B.E., and Sleep paralysis. Please do your research on the subject matter, as I am not a professional, or a doctor. There is an abundance of information on the internet. If you take interest in researching this, please know where the sources are coming from, and decide for yourselves if they seem right to you. Do not take my advice as written in stone, but decide for yourselves what you want to get out of this whole experience. It may not be for everyone to want to explore. I myself plan on lying down in the next few minutes, so that I may be able to project tonight. Good luck to everyone, my prayers go out to you in finding yourselves and broadening your spectrum of insight in what the world around us is all about and can offer us, more importantly what we can offer the world.

Sincerely,

E.J. The "Shy-Bull"

• Like 2

Wow, a 2 day holiday from meditating seems to have helped. thanks notyalcamas.

Last night I tried a different grounding technique "tree grounding" and was quite surprised by how much old energy I've accumulated.. Am pretty sure I unblocked my crown because I ended up having something like a vortex running through my body. It was verry cool, and I felt a bigger connection to the sky.

I shifted my Intention from Just meditating last night to trying to OBE, and had some success.. Vibrations were almost back to where they were when I first started this six months ago, and I could feel the energies and shifts in gravity.. Basically it was awesome... The Weird thing about this was as I was trying to exit the bed I was laying on started to split in half.. I felt myself slowly slipping into the crack and knew I was about to fall.. Unfortunately, it was at that point that mr ego said "oh stuff this!" and ruined the whole session...

So, question, Is falling a good exit strategy?

• Like 1

Last night I tried a different grounding technique "tree grounding" and was quite surprised by how much old energy I've accumulated.. Am pretty sure I unblocked my crown because I ended up having something like a vortex running through my body. It was verry cool, and I felt a bigger connection to the sky.

I shifted my Intention from Just meditating last night to trying to OBE, and had some success.. Vibrations were almost back to where they were when I first started this six months ago, and I could feel the energies and shifts in gravity.. Basically it was awesome... The Weird thing about this was as I was trying to exit the bed I was laying on started to split in half.. I felt myself slowly slipping into the crack and knew I was about to fall.. Unfortunately, it was at that point that mr ego said "oh stuff this!" and ruined the whole session...

So, question, Is falling a good exit strategy?

I used to roll off my bed as an exit.

Ugh still can't do it! Though my lucid dreams are becoming more lucid. Do you guys AP sleeping on pillows or without? Trying to see if that does anything...

Glad i could help. Explain this tree grounding? Im interested.

• Like 1

Glad i could help. Explain this tree grounding? Im interested.

Darn, I can't find the site that showed this, but a google search for Tree Grounding brings up all sorts..

Some of them say you should be seated, but I did this standing, outside, in bare feet & on the grass.

There's all sorts of different techniques, I usually take the best of a few and mix em up to suit me.

Here's a good one that's similar..

http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/grounding-meditation.html

I stood with my leg's slightly apart and basically thought like a tree. (by thinking like a tree I mean legs hard, firm, unmoving and connected to the earth, body and arms, trunk & limbs, and head, crown.) My roots went down into the earth to ground me, my arms raised horizonatlly to feel the air and sky. Now here's the deeply personal bit, don't know if everyone knows how to do this or are capable, but the next this I did was raise energy into my upper body, then release it down into the earth to send cold shivers and pin's & needles down my spine, legs, and into the earth.. Basically pushing energy down.. it takes a bit of effort..

The results were quite startling. I could feel old/hard energy that's accumulated in my crown release and flow downwards, which makes me think I unblocked my crown.. I felt this connection to the earth, but an even greater connection to the sky and stars.. There was a vortex like feel flowing down from crown to root, not a dramatic vortex, just a sensation of flow from the stars to the earth with my body being a conduit.

I did it again last night, with a similar but not so intense result. Is recon it's worth a crack if you want to just try something new, but I guess Tree trounding isn't for everyone..

Two questions. For all. Especially experts.

While you are in astral travel, out of body expirience did you ever been so high to see earth below? How did Earth look like? What was different from pictures we usually see?

Second. Did you ever feel that entities you met have others motives then you? What were those motives? Did you ever have impression that you met other people who are in astral travel?

Two questions. For all. Especially experts.

While you are in astral travel, out of body expirience did you ever been so high to see earth below? How did Earth look like? What was different from pictures we usually see?

Second. Did you ever feel that entities you met have others motives then you? What were those motives? Did you ever have impression that you met other people who are in astral travel?

Yes. The same as in pictures. Nothing ... Besides a few currents. Yes. Benevolant... Trying as hard as they can to get me to understand. We all astral travel... I have been aware mostly of my family and some neibours, and my neighbors dog... Who looks after me as his instinct.

Week four

Not a ap yet. been kind of lazy on the meditation. I have started to work on lucid dreaming and remembering my dreams though. I felt like trying from acouple avenues would be smart.

I had a dream about trying to AP though lol

If this hasn't already been posted, "Mastering Astral Projection" by Robert Bruce is a free .pdf which is a great step by step 'course'.

It even includes techniques for conditioning yourself (preperation) for AP.

:)

Yes. The same as in pictures. Nothing ... Besides a few currents. Yes. Benevolant... Trying as hard as they can to get me to understand. We all astral travel... I have been aware mostly of my family and some neibours, and my neighbors dog... Who looks after me as his instinct.

Did you ever seen blue lights in your Astral travels? If so where?

Did you ever seen blue lights in your Astral travels? If so where?

Blue currents run through trees.And when you touch them, they will crackle up your arm and it kind of tickles.

Edited by Seeker79

Haven't been here in quite a while, I've literally made no progress since a year ago (But I never really bothered trying)

I have a lot of issues;

1. Is it a must to stay still? I'm a very unsteady person and am often scratching myself etc.

2. How 'tired' does one have to be to do this easily?

3. How do I know if my mind is clear?

Verry informative information

The 1st page holds a dangerous key that I used and Its very simple

Focus on the blackness behind your eyes and try to keep a clear mind.You start to see colors and shapes and then...<my words ,The invitations come>.

He says to focus on that 1st picture you see and grab hold of it, it kind of starts to bring you into an interactive place. I call them invatations.The problem,why I stopped,is cause these invatations,I never knew where they were taking me.

I didnt know where I was going.It got to be very scary cause I was landing into bad situations.

I began experiencing thru other peoples bodies,while being inside,I would keep quiet,That is something I felt was wrong and the situations could be fun or drasticly and desperatly scary to near death experience in the astral.

For me,its CONTROL I seek to UNDERSTAND

Always, I was aware that I could awaken at any moment from this virtual reality.

Sometimes I have had days and days worth of situations pushing it when I was in a bad situation to see how far it would go.<meanwhile it was 2 or 3 hours in reality>

I would wake up back into my body simply by closing my eyes.Knowing,I can escape this at any second if it gets 2bad.

Coming back into my body with the relieved feeling that Im not in that astral rhelm situation started to be too common.Like its being polluted w/negativity now somehow.

Its like a crap shoot. I could be flying laughing ,feeling this incredible sense of sharp awareness and control with freedom to go as high up into the sky as I want.Or to manifest whatever I wanted ,like a location and situation.

Ive had nightmares,which I seperate from astral trips.I astral surf while conscious and awake.

Just recently,I got back into a test or two to see how it went. First while conscious in the astral,I seen a foot in my face of a female,she wanted to know information.I followed her back to where she was watching me from and I seen her sitting at a desk with electrodes attached with a notebook and said .You dont have to invade my privacy,Ill answer any questions you have.

And she had alot of questions. This specific situation had made me feel like I was in a RV session.And it felt very real.

I kept getting questions in the form a picture,and I knew exactly what they meant.

I dont want to fear monger.This is just my personal situation.

QUESTION > everyone else is having good astral experiences at this point in time? Never scary,or any problems?

My dreams have been good,my gf says I giggle and talk in my sleep almost every other night and Ive woke myself up laughing quite a few times.Theres a distinct difference between my astral and dreams.

I do not remember my dreams.Maybe little pieces but t hey are quickly forgotten.

I reccomend.........If you wish to astral surf..to do just what I said about the 1st posters 1st page focusing on your darkness behind your eyes and look upward and wait for a picture and grab hold of it by focusing on it till it clears up more and more and more until you go interactive.See where the invatation brings you.

Sometimes it will only be like slides of pictures and you just cant get interactive.

But dont get upset,your on your way!

You will be aware that you can get back into body.SO dont be scared.I PROMISE you.You wont die or get hurt cause your only a live thought thats going to be back into body no matter what you experience.

Ive done this for a long long time.But as I said,my experiences are either becomming too strong ie>landing in others bodies.And they are scary to ME for lack of control.

OR

Im not understanding exactly how to control myself.

As a sidenote. Television in the backround is the absolute worst thing you can have on,especially commercials,it influences your thoughts. As does,music. The sound of rain is an absolute erotic hightener for me.Especially a real rainstorm.I go superconductive when it rains.

Last sidenote. Being real tired is very effective for me. I can sgo from situation to situation until I get one I think is going to positive.

Im trying to learn how to control it more before I start again.For now dreaming is working out better than MY astral experiences.

If anyone has any advice I really would appreciate it,you dont have to sugarcoat it.

Thanks

WOw that was long sry..

Edited by silicasecrets

Darn, I can't find the site that showed this, but a google search for Tree Grounding brings up all sorts..

Some of them say you should be seated, but I did this standing, outside, in bare feet & on the grass.

There's all sorts of different techniques, I usually take the best of a few and mix em up to suit me.

Here's a good one that's similar..

http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/grounding-meditation.html

I did it again last night, with a similar but not so intense result. Is recon it's worth a crack if you want to just try something new, but I guess Tree trounding isn't for everyone..

What do you mean not for everyone? Thanks for the link, i would try it but there is snow on the ground here! :/

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked