Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Got a question, related to all this "stuff"

I've noticed that there are many types of spritual people. I say that very loosely, and apologise if I leave anyone out, below.

I've noticed that there are people who identify with empathy.

There are people that identify with spirit guides.

There are people that identify with clairvoyance.

There are people that identify with AP.

There are people that identify with chakras.

There are people that identify with.... all of the above/or other

I'm just wondering if these all, "sooner or later", will mesh together. Or are there some people who are "made" or "destined" for certain facets of spirituality?

They eventually mesh together in my opinion, but only if the person is open to gaining their full potential - ie going all the way to bridging the gap (consciousness connection) to their higherself and assimilating everything they can (abilities, talents, memories, knowledge, wisdom) from their soul consciousness into consciousness down here. It's the difference between operating purely in ego which is 3d consciousness, and not. The ego wants to label abilities and count them as 'special gifts' given by god or xyz, when they are not, and not from an external source at all.

Some people get so far and then don't feel the need to expand or branch out beyond certain abilities / understanding. That is their choice of course, but that is why you get some in the metaphysical community that hone in something very specific and identify themselves with only that, while others do a bit of everything.

So what i see is 2 types really - one group who stay in ego with their first found abilities (that would be their most innate and strongest ones), and are happy to think of them as gifts etc and explore them in the duality setting with somewhat limited perceptions... and then those who take it all the way and move beyond the 3d consciousness/ matrix, by integrating their higher self and unlocking their higher consciousness and everything they ever learned/ mastered, earned.

At this stage everything is merged into an innate understanding of "telepathy" and it being the universal language of consciousness directed by "intention" motive and agenda.

• Like 4

They eventually mesh together in my opinion, but only if the person is open to gaining their full potential - ie going all the way to bridging the gap (consciousness connection) to their higherself and assimilating everything they can (abilities, talents, memories, knowledge, wisdom) from their soul consciousness into consciousness down here. It's the difference between operating purely in ego which is 3d consciousness, and not. The ego wants to label abilities and count them as 'special gifts' given by god or xyz, when they are not, and not from an external source at all.

Some people get so far and then don't feel the need to expand or branch out beyond certain abilities / understanding. That is their choice of course, but that is why you get some in the metaphysical community that hone in something very specific and identify themselves with only that, while others do a bit of everything.

So what i see is 2 types really - one group who stay in ego with their first found abilities (that would be their most innate and strongest ones), and are happy to think of them as gifts etc and explore them in the duality setting with somewhat limited perceptions... and then those who take it all the way and move beyond the 3d consciousness/ matrix, by integrating their higher self and unlocking their higher consciousness and everything they ever learned/ mastered, earned.

At this stage everything is merged into an innate understanding of "telepathy" and it being the universal language of consciousness directed by "intention" motive and agenda.

Personally, I've been at a "how do I go about this" situation lately, because of different experiences I've been having in these different facets. This helps to put things into perspective. Thank you.

This is kind of what I was thinking.. though I must admit my understanding of ego is still at the "ego has the upper hand" stage..

I started another thread in philosophy psychology regarding life, meaning and purpose, and from that & other research I've kind of come to the conclusion that energy or intention flows from us and that thoughts are things at a paralel level. Other intentions can invade and flow to us from other sources, but is it not the ego that allows this to occur?

This is kind of what I was thinking.. though I must admit my understanding of ego is still at the "ego has the upper hand" stage..

I started another thread in philosophy psychology regarding life, meaning and purpose, and from that & other research I've kind of come to the conclusion that energy or intention flows from us and that thoughts are things at a paralel level. Other intentions can invade and flow to us from other sources, but is it not the ego that allows this to occur?

If you are talking about manipulation, ie the person acting out the intention and will of another being, as if it is their own and never questioning it, then yes the 'ego' is the blindmouse which can facilitate that. It is ego in people which engages ego in others. It's the ego which calculates everything in terms of what is useful for it's survival in others. There are dimensional beings who know this, and it is partly why our society doesn't cultivate or raise us to operate from our higher self consciousness. At the ego level as a mass consciousness, we are simple easy beings to control, with the alure of a "Disneyland" to live in and dogmatic scripts to live by, in order to keep us faithful to the empire ego conciousness. :devil:

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

The best for me is melting away, physical body starts with a pin prick somewhere and tingling lightning sensations start running through me. Soon I am tingling all over and my body starts to get real hot. It gets so hot that I start to panic and feel like I can't breath. Just when I think I can't take it anymore it stops and the most wonderful "perfect" feeling washes over me. From there there is no boundary.

• Like 1

At the ego level as a mass consciousness, we are simple easy beings to control, with the alure of a "Disneyland" to live in and dogmatic scripts to live by, in order to keep us faithful to the empire ego conciousness. :devil:

Awesome.. thanks..

lol, may the force be with you!

Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

"energy or intention flows from us and that thoughts are things at a paralel level"

I quess what I mean is that all intention or thought is a thing.. or maybe a better description is that with enough intention we can create a thought that is a thing... mmmmm, hard to describe, I'll tell the story..

Quite a few years ago I was running three packing robots, on my own.. unfortunately I also wanted to read a book (nightshift, supervisor away, yeaha). So I decided to sit down and read the book instead of pacing back and forward to watch the machines.. Anyway, while reading the book, but still very much intent of keeping an eye on the robots I found myself somehow able to do both, and somehow felt my consiousness increasing or expanding beyond myself to hear and sense what was going on. It was the stangest thing, but after a while I sort of caught myself "just for a moment" floating through the machines and keeping an eye on them while sitting on my butt reading...

I guess what I mean is, that sense of being in two places at once was born from my intention to be in to places at once. The physical me was reading the book and the "thought thing me" was doing what I consciously intended it to do..

Edited by Professor T

How do you start opening chakras? I try meditating, focusing on the different ones but never feel anything. Is there a proper way to start? One thing I read said to start at the crown and go down, another says start at the root and go up, one says the only way to do it is candle gazing, another says only certain yoga positions...another visualization, another, another. None seem to agree. It is almost as bad as talking to a church about their bible. Only theirs is correct.

I am tired of looking for the right chakra meditations, I just want something simple and strait forward that works.

I meant to reply to you before. Sorry about that.

Candle gazing ? lol

As far as I'm concerned there is no proper way to start. I ground first and then follow my instinct on which way to go from there. But It also depends what it is I'm going to be doing.

Often after i have grounded, I go to my heart first. If I'm wanting to talk to myself or guides, I will go to my heart and throat - (these merge to activate a higher connection) 3rd eye activates as a result.

If i am doing a clearing then i start from the root and work upwards.

In getting to 'feel' and wake up your body awareness of your chakras, it's a mixture of practice and developing that awareness. You need to learn how to feel energy first before you can feel your own and others. The easiest chakras that most people feel first is the 3rd eye/ crown and root.

To learn to feel energy the best place to start is with your hands. We have chakras in our hands too. So by opening our hands up and knowing that we can receive (left hand) and transmit energy (right hand) then when it comes to feeling our chakra's we know we can get feedback by holding or moving our hand over our chakras.

Start by grounding first and then asking your higherself to teach you how to feel energy. That sets an intention. Then hold your hands about 5 - 6 inches apart, palms facing, and take some deep breaths. Keep in your mind your intention to feel energy between your hands. Very gently and slowly pull your hands in and out just a tiny little bit, no more than a few cm's. Keep doing this until you feel your focus literally in-between your hands. How energy feels to you, will be unique to you. So record any sensations or textures you notice. Once you have this down to a pat, the next step is hold your left hand over your root area for your root chakra and do the same exercise. Practise lengthening and shorting the distance between your palm and your root chakra. Most people feel feedback anywhere from about 2 inches to 2 foot. So practice where you are at. You can also expand the chakra by spinning your hand anitclockwise around it. Then use the feedback method to feel where the boundary to it is. Holding a crystal can amplify this feed back and copper too. I find copper really amplifies the feed back into my hands. When im out with my dowsing rods which are copper, my whole body becomes tuned to the rods and i can feel the energy much clearer.

What you feel is again unique to you.

Another way to feel and direct energy is to use breathing and rhythm, along with 'projected' vision of your energy field as well as combing the method above. This allows for more advanced things, esp when you can connect your energy flow to your breathing flow. That is what all the chi masters and so on do. Another thing to consider is to get a couple of reiki sessions. Once you have experienced what it feels like to feel energy, even if someone else worked on your energy flow for you, you immediately by pass 'the barriers' and open up to the endless potential of energy.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

Awesome.. thanks..

lol, may the force be with you!

Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

"energy or intention flows from us and that thoughts are things at a paralel level"

I quess what I mean is that all intention or thought is a thing.. or maybe a better description is that with enough intention we can create a thought that is a thing... mmmmm, hard to describe, I'll tell the story..

Quite a few years ago I was running three packing robots, on my own.. unfortunately I also wanted to read a book (nightshift, supervisor away, yeaha). So I decided to sit down and read the book instead of pacing back and forward to watch the machines.. Anyway, while reading the book, but still very much intent of keeping an eye on the robots I found myself somehow able to do both, and somehow felt my consiousness increasing or expanding beyond myself to hear and sense what was going on. It was the stangest thing, but after a while I sort of caught myself "just for a moment" floating through the machines and keeping an eye on them while sitting on my butt reading...

I guess what I mean is, that sense of being in two places at once was born from my intention to be in to places at once. The physical me was reading the book and the "thought thing me" was doing what I consciously intended it to do..

Yes but that was also a classic example of projecting while awake. Your consciousness and awareness was expanded to be in the places you wanted to be/monitor, despite the fact that your physical body could only be in one place at a time.

let me ask this...

Am I doing something wrong when I start to notice that I am meditating subconciously?

let me ask this...

Am I doing something wrong when I start to notice that I am meditating subconciously?

To elaborate, here lately I have noticed specifically, and on several occasions that I hadn't taken a breath in a really long time. Like I was meditating but was working or doing something,

• 3 weeks later...

I have been unsuccessful so far. Ive tried many techniques and have had little to no results. I think my failure is due to not being able to quiet my mind. It is constantly running, rambling, and chattering. It is incredibly frustrating to sit and try to meditate but my mind never stops going. So, if anyone has some good tips, PLEASE share.

I have been unsuccessful so far. Ive tried many techniques and have had little to no results. I think my failure is due to not being able to quiet my mind. It is constantly running, rambling, and chattering. It is incredibly frustrating to sit and try to meditate but my mind never stops going. So, if anyone has some good tips, PLEASE share.

I know exactly what you mean. I know this is a tough solution for most people. But solo travel into the wilderness at least three or more days will slow your mind down. Im happy to give you all the info you need for safety and such.

Also a little bit of info. Blue's mind is also highly active, and so is mine. You might even call us add. I think this is a benefit. The trick is how to focus the activity. For me I need extreme ( well not that extreem) isolation. I did this for years before I learned the mental spaces to accomplish it without that aid. But that's just me.

• Like 2

I found that when to start with, concentrating on breathing helped.. And when i find my mind wandering away with thoughts just kind of aqknowledge the thought, then when you exhail just breath that thought away & visualise it leaving you.

Sometimes though, I've found that thinking helped?

I was trying out a meditation teqnique and was required to basically meditate on the essense of me, which required thought about your true innerself.. That, for me was a pretty insense meditation that made me aware of a duality within, and raised vibrations that were pretty intense.. I quess it is like seeker says, and it's about focusing that activity, or intention..

I know a few, here on UM, have mentioned to not actively persue AP. Just focus on a meditation practice, instead.

In my case, this has worked wonders. I haven't been trying to AP for a couple months, and lately have been having successful "insights" into AP. I've been having weird happenings during my meditations of tingling in the crooks of my legs, followed by a sensation of floating, and a rush of visions. I've been waking in the middle of the night due to roaring vibrations filling my ears.... Half-waking up, in what I'm guessing was SP(can't verify that for sure, becuase I never attempted to move, but was very easy to induce vibrations from this state.)

I haven't successfully done anything oob, but I did start an exit,(float out technique) which was an amazing experience/"ice-breaker". It was ruined by a wave of fear, which when it washed over me, I snapped my eyes open, and saw what looked like sparks of light. The sparks were different colors of the rainbow, just sort of dancing around...

I'm currently working on my fear response, which is silly "fear of the unknown", but progress, nonetheless! All while not even trying. :)

I wish you the best!

• Like 2

hello, i have read all 41 pages of this, blu3 and seeker, you guys are great. I just have a few question as of right now,

when you feel the vibrations how long do they last? It seems like i can only keep full vibrations (as in all over my ENTIRE body) for a second or two. So yesterday when i felt them i hurried and tried to roll over as fast as i could and WOW i didnt leave my body but i felt very very strange.

Also, yesterday when i was trying to AP i noticed that when i began to feel the vibrations the parakeets that are in the house started to go nuts, and the noise actually broke my trance a little bit. Also, after i rolled out (more like off, and onto the floor) i noticed my roomates dog came into my room for the first time in months and it was just staring at me. And it didnt leave me alone the rest of the night.. just something i found weird. like seeker said dogs do astral project but the whole parkeet thing was wild. they usually stay pretty quiet.

Are absolutely certain you were hearing them in physical reality. When you rolled out and hit the floor, you did this physically?

Yes, im sure. When i rolled out i was still here in the physical world. But i felt extremely.. odd.

Edited by notyalcmas93

Sorry for the double post. Its difficult to post on my phone. Could you tell me how long vibrations usually last?

Thanks for the reply btw. I appreciate it.

I really cant explain it. I felt light headed.. i guess. But not the kind of light headed you get when you are blowing up a balloon.

Sorry this may be a long reply but i just got done attempting AP. Its 12:43am my time. I was preparing for sleep a half hour ago and i figured what the hell. Cant hurt to try even though it isnt morning.

I definately got to fairly overwhelming vibrations. More than the other day. I didnt hear buzzing but i definately heard a few pops my head started to physically shake slightly. Anyway they came about and lasted for a minute or so but slowly diminished. And right when they went away i noticed my body was kinda tensed? So i was like ok and relaxed again. I imagine the vibrations went away because i eventually got too tensed.

I feel like im ready to AP. (Ive been meditating for some time now) maybe a morning approach would do the trick.

Also one last random question.. i was on another forum here and someone said when they projected they saw a short black oval in their room. Correct me if i am wrong seeker, but you said it was their guide. And it wasnt doing anything because they acknowledged its presence? Er something like that. But why would your guide ignore you?

Thanks again guys.

Edited by notyalcmas93

Could of been 1000 things. A black oval you say? I could not say what it was, but yes either a visit of some sort or a misinturpretation of something else.

You do seem like you are ready. Next time don't hang with vibration, just exit as soon as you feel them. Try lifting one arm first and don't be surprised if you feel like you are doing this physically, then act as if someone is helping you up and lead with your arm. Always assume you are out. Many many times I was out but did not realize it at first.

Thanks. Also, since i really HATE getting up early (as in 4am early) would it be ok to project before sleep? Or would it be pointless to because i wouldnt remember it?

Edited by notyalcmas93

Thanks. Also, since i really HATE getting up early (as in 4am early) would it be ok to project before sleep? Or would it be pointless to because i wouldnt remember it?

If you are already getting to vibration, it shouldn't matter.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked