Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I want to add our more logical mindset is set to anaylise everything, over analysing reaches the same thing. It kinda destroys. Intuitive thought and flow is easy and just is, accepting experience as it unfolds and reflecting on it later.

My idea of of positive thinking is when you truly feel inspired to start something, not because you 'need' to and are thinking of xzy reasons why it has to be accomplished, but when the inspiration propels you into the zone of knowing you can do this and that it feels right. That feeling is unique and to me is precious as it has no strings attached or conditions on what might happen if it fails etc. So in other words it is not formed out a fear to accomplish something but knowing you just can.

Interesting. This fits in with my post where I "decided to cure him" not "thought I might be able to", or "would try to", just "I would" no doubts about it. Possibly the power of positive thinking?

I don't think we are created as much as we are under the illusion of division. Those beings on your computer are not really alive. You are experiencing something through them. They are you. You may turn off the computer but you go onto other things :)

So the universe is not limited? There is many universe? Is it like a Planets full of Universes if we were to put it in comparison, Or is it simply a infinite amount of Universes..

I wonder if one day we will be able to travel to such other physical universes in Space ships.

I know we can leave our bodies, But still some things are not as awesome as a spaceship! I want to drive one of though's in my next lifetimes, Hopefully! Haha.

This thread is really helpful and interesting, Sorry for the spamming of Questions :)

So the universe is not limited? There is many universe? Is it like a Planets full of Universes if we were to put it in comparison, Or is it simply a infinite amount of Universes..

I wonder if one day we will be able to travel to such other physical universes in Space ships.

I know we can leave our bodies, But still some things are not as awesome as a spaceship! I want to drive one of though's in my next lifetimes, Hopefully! Haha.

This thread is really helpful and interesting, Sorry for the spamming of Questions :)

Somone here on um has visited the center of the galaxy where there is a huge amount of light everywhere and he was visiting beings that sail on light sail ships. Cool.

I want to add our more logical mindset is set to anaylise everything, over analysing reaches the same thing. It kinda destroys. Intuitive thought and flow is easy and just is, accepting experience as it unfolds and reflecting on it later.

My idea of of positive thinking is when you truly feel inspired to start something, not because you 'need' to and are thinking of xzy reasons why it has to be accomplished, but when the inspiration propels you into the zone of knowing you can do this and that it feels right. That feeling is unique and to me is precious as it has no strings attached or conditions on what might happen if it fails etc. So in other words it is not formed out a fear to accomplish something but knowing you just can.

With regards to this conversation a purely biological reason for positive thinking exists as well. It is simply much better for you. Less stress hormones. You are persuing something instead of running from it, and you have reasons to press forward. You also take tiny steps through your day to accomplish positive outcomes because it is on your mind.

Can being super duper tired increase chances of Astral Projection? Because When I'm tired my mind relaxed. And I even heard talking from my ears and cars when I tried it this afternoon.

Plus I live out the way and a large forest is behind my house.. And you can never hear cars where I live.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but can noise (let me be specific - your parter's chainsaw like snoring) prevent astral travel in any way? Just want to make sure so I can rule this out....

Can being super duper tired increase chances of Astral Projection? Because When I'm tired my mind relaxed. And I even heard talking from my ears and cars when I tried it this afternoon.

Plus I live out the way and a large forest is behind my house.. And you can never hear cars where I live.

That's a tough one. Your risk of just falling asleep is much greater. If by tired you mean after a long day I would day no. If by tired meaning you woke up to early... Then yes.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but can noise (let me be specific - your parter's chainsaw like snoring) prevent astral travel in any way? Just want to make sure so I can rule this out....

Hahaha "chainsaw like snoring" that's funny!

I'd saw a definate yes. It certainly would stop me... But I suppose it depends on how well you can toon it out. When I was a child my fathers snoring was comforting. It reminded me ge was just in the other room.

Hahaha "chainsaw like snoring" that's funny!

I'd saw a definate yes. It certainly would stop me... But I suppose it depends on how well you can toon it out. When I was a child my fathers snoring was comforting. It reminded me ge was just in the other room.

haha It's far from comforting, I need ear plugs in both ears to tune it out! :D

•Before you start designate a specific place across your room that you will walk to latter. You also should not have a full stomach or a full bladder, nor should you be hungry or thirsty.

• Lay back on your back. There should be a slight recline. You should be warm and comfortable . Put your hands at your side and relax fully.

•Take a few deep breaths and ask the spirits to help you in your efforts.

•Close your eyes and notice the blackness behind your eyes. Look off into the blackness as if it were three dimentional space. Look slightly up.

•You should be able to see nural discharges. ( blueish purple swirling lights) everyone has them. Watch these with solitary focus.

•If any errant thoughts or scenerios start running through your head gently wipe them away and stay with an empty mind.

•If any pictures come into your field of vision, focus intently on them.

•Hold on to your hat!! With practice and a little luck at first, what happens next might blow you away. Your body is going to start vibrating. It feels like a mild electric shock running through your body. It's not painful, but at first it can startle you. You will also begin to hear a massivly Loud noise. It will sound like a jet engine or a water fall. It could have a buzzing quality to it or a wooshing helicopter like sound. These are your exit signs.

•When you have these sensations, it's time to exit..... But not before. Vibrations MUST be there.

•Exit. The two most easy exits are to simply get up as fast as you can or to roll hard to roll off your bed. Upon feeling the vibrations, simply get up or roll out. As if you were doing it physically. Don't worry your physical body should be paralyzed by natural processes. But your spirit body is not. As soon as you get up or roll out. Imeadiatly walk to your designated spot and turn around to see yourself.

Three are also a many other exit techniques give this link a look.

http://shopofenlightenment.com/forum/66astralprojectiontechniques.pdf

When you manage to make your first exit it will probably shock you. This will make your first journey not very long. As you continue to practice you will be able to stay longer and longer. In time you will learn to walk through walls, fly, develop spirit tools, travel Interdimentionally, even speek with spirits.

Remember that every person is a little different. Some people are naturals and it comes very easy. Others may take years of training before their first OBE. Don't be discouraged and allow yourself a regular practice. Also remember that once out learning to operate in spirit is like learning to walk all over again. There are stumbles and dry spells, but every journy you get a little better even if it seems like a set back.

Also remember that the spirit world will mirror what's in your mind. Wipe away any fear, anxiety, or stress before traveling.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your results. I'm happy to answer any of your questions.

The seeker's prayer

"Divine wind of the great mystery guide me to overcome the illusions of humanity. Fill me with the ability to give up selfishness and persue the good of all in my presence. Remind me to thankful and mindful of all things, and to respect a charish all moments of existance. Allow me humility and pride in wonderful abundance and allow me to experience the world as though I have the eyes of a young child."

Ahhh.. I always get stuck on the vibrating part. I remember the first time I felt the mild electric shock, I started getting excited. Then I'm not quite sure if I notice much vibrating but I am always too nervous to try to get up... I will next time though! Thank you so much!

Edited by Liz Aiden

Hey all. Firstly Im pretty sure I've astro travelled regularly throughout my life from a early age. I will list some of my experiences and perhaps you can help me to whether these where something other than astro travelling :

I have regularly felt woken by jolts and and a sinking feeling

I have often felt as if I am floating above my body

I have often whilst what most would call dreaming felt as if I know i am dreaming and in total control of what I do

Many times I have felt paralysed with chest pains when initially waking up and not been able to move my body

I have also regularly' dreamt' if being in my room moving and floating yet I have known it to be a dream I have some good expirences with dead relatives seeing them and also some expierences with people I do not recognise where I have felt threatened.

From what I can think I have never travelled much further than the village I live in. I have been having these things happen for at least 15 years I am now 29years of age.

Is it likely I am astro travelling? As I would like to use techniques to perhaps enhance it if I am it is a topic i am very interested in. Are there any dangers attached? I mean I've watched insidious lol I'm not gona be taken by a demon or lose my body and not be able to get back? Can other people be influenced by this?

I find these expierences mainly seem to happen when I'm alone on a sleep in of a wkend. Very rarely do them seem to happen whilst my bf is with me or I'm up early for work.

I also have floated through my bedroom window which was a strange feeling. I have both seen it from a first person point of view and also as if I am watching myself as I have been able to look at what is myself. I have never used any techniques it just seems to happen.

Last night I initiated vibrations before I went to sleep, but no noise so I didn't try to exit. I figured that it's been so long since I've astro-traveled (I did it as a kid all the time...didn't know what it was, just knew that there were these awesome other places I could visit), I should take it slow. Well, I partially woke up during the night, and I guess it was in the back of my mind that I wanted to astral travel, so I sat up out of my body. Then I was like wait...what? And I got a really bad sense of vertigo and things spinning, so I rather abruptly slammed back into my body. Apparently I wasn't really expecting it, so it startled the freakin' BEJEEZES out of me...lol...so I guess this is a lesson to have clear intent before you exit? :P

Yeah the vibrations scare me sometimes thus waking me up! And the lounges I normally get either a loud bang or buzzing in my ears often wake up thinking someone is breaking in lol! However I seem to have little problems in exiting my body when I am in the right mind set most of the time I get the floating sensation above my body and then can go on to float around the room or outside or to other local places sometimes I have used a roll out technique more often than not it as sent me back into my body but on a few occasions as worked. I seem to get a lot of expiernces that are within my bedroom and often can see my physical body sometimes I have seen other things such as a skeleton lying next to it which freaked me out and other people in the room 95% of the time I do not recognise these people! I have also visited my nans ( down the road ) and met my dead grandad there which I don't know If it was a dream or what but was so realistic. I often of a wkend need a lot of sleep lol I don't know if astral travelling leaves you waking tired or what? But I find if I can sleep ie I'm not in work I often need more than a average person if I have astral travelled that wk. The whole process seems to just happen for me most of the time it is very strange but also I love it sometimes if I'm scared when doing it I just say to myself it's only a dream wake up and i do or I think about my physical body if not in my bedroom. I have had some scary expierences but have never been harmed from what i remember.

Lounges = loud sounds lol! Silly I phone!!

Yeah the vibrations scare me sometimes thus waking me up! And the lounges I normally get either a loud bang or buzzing in my ears often wake up thinking someone is breaking in lol! However I seem to have little problems in exiting my body when I am in the right mind set most of the time I get the floating sensation above my body and then can go on to float around the room or outside or to other local places sometimes I have used a roll out technique more often than not it as sent me back into my body but on a few occasions as worked. I seem to get a lot of expiernces that are within my bedroom and often can see my physical body sometimes I have seen other things such as a skeleton lying next to it which freaked me out and other people in the room 95% of the time I do not recognise these people! I have also visited my nans ( down the road ) and met my dead grandad there which I don't know If it was a dream or what but was so realistic. I often of a wkend need a lot of sleep lol I don't know if astral travelling leaves you waking tired or what? But I find if I can sleep ie I'm not in work I often need more than a average person if I have astral travelled that wk. The whole process seems to just happen for me most of the time it is very strange but also I love it sometimes if I'm scared when doing it I just say to myself it's only a dream wake up and i do or I think about my physical body if not in my bedroom. I have had some scary expierences but have never been harmed from what i remember.

Lounges = loud sounds lol! Silly I phone!!

That's impressive you can type all that from an iphone...I hate touch screens! Whatever I type tends to always end badly lol. Anyway...I imagine traveling interferes with your REM cycle. So it makes sense you'd need more sleep. I always need a lot of sleep, but I think that's just me.

Lol yeah I'm not sure if my sleep is effected by this or I'm just lazy :) I just know sat and sun if I can sleep in I will lol and wkends I tend to project the most due to been by myself later on in the morning and well being in bed most the morning I guess!!

Lol yeah I'm not sure if my sleep is effected by this or I'm just lazy :) I just know sat and sun if I can sleep in I will lol and wkends I tend to project the most due to been by myself later on in the morning and well being in bed most the morning I guess!!

Yes.... I believe it has to do with memory. During sleep shorrt term memory is converted into long term memory.

AP experiences are best remembered when your short term memory has been whipped clean ,

Last night I initiated vibrations before I went to sleep, but no noise so I didn't try to exit. I figured that it's been so long since I've astro-traveled (I did it as a kid all the time...didn't know what it was, just knew that there were these awesome other places I could visit), I should take it slow. Well, I partially woke up during the night, and I guess it was in the back of my mind that I wanted to astral travel, so I sat up out of my body. Then I was like wait...what? And I got a really bad sense of vertigo and things spinning, so I rather abruptly slammed back into my body. Apparently I wasn't really expecting it, so it startled the freakin' BEJEEZES out of me...lol...so I guess this is a lesson to have clear intent before you exit? :P

The spinning in my opinion is a good sign, it's what i feel sometimes as i exit. It's felt as a spinning, sometimes vertigo sensation, i know that feeling where you feel like you've flipped upside down with it, and it is startling at first because there is not really much warning, but try hard not to let it break your momentum. It stablises eventually and you feel the motion of moving incredibly fast -- forward, which is incredibly exhilarating. Lastly, yes you should always practice clear intent. Know what you want to do, have an idea of where you want to go and have an intent that will not cause you problems, consequences. Good luck.

Edited to add, focus on moving forward or up when the spinning starts.

Edited by AnVil

That's a tough one. Your risk of just falling asleep is much greater. If by tired you mean after a long day I would day no. If by tired meaning you woke up to early... Then yes.

Thats been my experience too. Trying in the evening after a long day gives me a very relaxing sleep, but no clarity/memory of projection, whereas probably the majority of consciously aware projections for me have happened early a.m. after waking and then relaxing.

However sometimes I can get it embarassingly wrong. In the middle of the night a couple of nights ago, i was really deeply asleep and got up to use the loo, then looked back at the bed and saw a head on my pillow. I though 'ah, I'm projecting', but then looked again and it was a pattern on the pillow that just looked like a head, and I was just half asleep!

Thats been my experience too. Trying in the evening after a long day gives me a very relaxing sleep, but no clarity/memory of projection, whereas probably the majority of consciously aware projections for me have happened early a.m. after waking and then relaxing.

However sometimes I can get it embarassingly wrong. In the middle of the night a couple of nights ago, i was really deeply asleep and got up to use the loo, then looked back at the bed and saw a head on my pillow. I though 'ah, I'm projecting', but then looked again and it was a pattern on the pillow that just looked like a head, and I was just half asleep!

Hahaha yes. I know what you mean. My problem is that my internal sight has gotton so strong, I'll just think about about going out to the car and grabing something then where I'm going to put it, then I'll get distracted on something else then when I go to get the object I get all flustered because it's not where I put it. Then it will dawn on me that I never actually went out to get it in the first place. Quit annoying sometimes and not an uncommon problem for APrs.

Hey, sorry I haven't checked in lately.

A couple weeks ago I initiated these really, really strong vibrations. It wasn't multiple vibrations, it was more like a single ripple.

I think the "just standing up while in vibrations" method isn't really working for me. I don't like the roll over method, when I do that everything goes black for a few seconds then I usually end up in some random spot in my house.

Vibrations come pretty easy for me. If I wake up at the right time and then fall back asleep (while consciously "daydreaming" of something) on my back, that gets me into the "mind awake body asleep" area. When I've actually tried hard to get into that state, it never happens.

I think I'll try something different than simply getting up during vibrations. It only worked once, and I lost consciousness right after I exited.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting documentary. After learning to fly, I always thought the nazka lines were for shaman not aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTpNRbKY6FI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• 2 weeks later...

Question! Can you Lucid dream, And from there, Astral travel? Because I have heard people say they've done it.

If so, How do I go about doing so?

And are you more aware astral travelling than being Lucid. If that makes any sense? I.E remember more, More Vivid. ETC.

Question! Can you Lucid dream, And from there, Astral travel? Because I have heard people say they've done it.

If so, How do I go about doing so?

And are you more aware astral travelling than being Lucid. If that makes any sense? I.E remember more, More Vivid. ETC.

Not me but others do. I use the wake induced methods.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked