Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

This is very interesting.

Am I understanding this correctly??

You can be harmed or assaulted during AP? This scares me

Who of what is doing this?

I do have anxiety sometimes and I would like to use this as a type of therapy and for relaxation.

My fear is really holding me back.

This is very interesting.

Am I understanding this correctly??

You can be harmed or assaulted during AP? This scares me

Who of what is doing this?

I do have anxiety sometimes and I would like to use this as a type of therapy and for relaxation.

My fear is really holding me back.

You can't be harmed.... Yes your fear will assault you. An existence where thoughts are realities will manifest your fearful thoughts. This can be a good thing though. It allows you to face and conquer them. Then you gain freedom from them. AP is a wonderful therapy for anxiety if you are comitted and can leave behind dogmas. But it's not ice cream and candy. It real personal improvement.

Hey guys im brand new here and i just wanted to share my experience to get some feed back

after i laid down i block out all out side noise i start to hear a type of high pitched noise that i only hear when there's no noise being made.

it becomes louder and then smaller i saw some one in my local gym working out {vaguely/almost nothing} and i i tried to push his dungbell down stop him from finishing his set as i joke i guess

and then i felt this small vibration in my left arm and i tried the jump out technique but i just ended up waking up ???

also on a side note any meditation techniques out there that can help me project??

Go back to my tutorial. There is a link there for a PDF that has 66 exits. Many different ways to exit. You should pick one close to the way you learn things best. I am very tactile. For me an exit is a very "physical" thing. For the most part Its just like moving in normal reality minus flying and floating of course.

Perceptions.....well here is the deal it's about memory. Yes the memory of your OBE may have a dream like fuzziness. And your memory is reality of an event for you.... But. But. But. During the OBE you experience everything as crystal clear even more so than normal reality. It's a simple matter of noticing the quality of reality during your OBE... So that you can latter recall your feeling of clarity even though your memory is starting to fuzz. It's kinda like tring To rember something from a few days ago. Makeing a mental note to remember something anchors it better. I can't be sure, but my guess is that astral experiences download straight to long term memory completely bypassing short term memory in our brains.

Hi Seeker79. I have encountered sleep paralysis on countless occasions but did not know it is connected to astral travel. Before i try this out, please advise on the technique to get back into my body. Have you ever experienced wanting to get back into you body but have difficulty doing so? Thanks.

Hi Seeker79. I have encountered sleep paralysis on countless occasions but did not know it is connected to astral travel. Before i try this out, please advise on the technique to get back into my body. Have you ever experienced wanting to get back into you body but have difficulty doing so? Thanks.

Im have herd of it once or twice, but no I have never experienced it. Usually all it takes is intent. One technique you can use to amplify the power of your intent. Is to create a specific action for your desire. I think Robert munroe used to squeeze his thumb as a return signal.

I have a few movements I have developed. I have mimicked iPhone hand motions to zoom in on things and rotate them, and recently I used a martial arts arm motion to create a pulse to clear my space.

If you are worried, just create a small hand signal that is ment to bring you back. You don't really need it, but if it helps why not.

This video might be of use to you. About your sleep pralysis.

Im have herd of it once or twice, but no I have never experienced it. Usually all it takes is intent. One technique you can use to amplify the power of your intent. Is to create a specific action for your desire. I think Robert munroe used to squeeze his thumb as a return signal.

I have a few movements I have developed. I have mimicked iPhone hand motions to zoom in on things and rotate them, and recently I used a martial arts arm motion to create a pulse to clear my space.

If you are worried, just create a small hand signal that is ment to bring you back. You don't really need it, but if it helps why not.

This video might be of use to you. About your sleep pralysis.

Thanks. I will work on it during the weekends.

Ill give this a try today and if I dont get it Ill ask you guys ^_^ cause last time I tried the dont sleep until your dead tierd and then relax thing and nothing happend but Ill try the 4 am or 3 am tech now :D

Hey everyone,

Just thought i would add this post from another thread AstralSeeker started because it's touching on some of my techniques, do's and dont's which i feel can help some of you :tu:

Hey guys I just made an account and sorry if you guys find this post wasteful but I will ask a few questions so it isn't all irrelevant :P I just wanted to drop by and say hi and this seems like the right forum to be in. I am really interested in Astral Projecting and whether you believe it or no is fine. I personally have made up my mind and I see this as a goal I want to achieve. I would love to hear any progress or unique experiences you have had. Now to the questions.

1. What made you get interested in Astral Projection?

2. Have you ever actually Astral Projected?

3. If so how long did it take you to achieve it?

4. If not what are you currently doing to reach your goal and have you had any progress?

Also if you are also interested and want to talk about tips, techniques, stories etc. about the subject just feel free to add me. It can even be about lucid dreaming or dreaming in general. I am just fascinated by the mind! :o

Hi there,

I will answer your questions from my perspective. So~

1. I was 11/12 years old when I began to actively research and study the occult/metaphysics. I had taken a couple of books out of the library because I was passionate to learn more about the things I'd experienced and was going through at the time. Everything from knowing that dreams weren't just always 'dreams' or daydreams for that matter. The books i had were pretty crap though lol. However, there was enough there to get me started and some meditations to walk through which to me was invaluable in giving me something to work my consciousness.

And, one small chapter on astral projection, that seriously didn't go into much other than, "lie down in a quiet place, and find the balance between being half asleep and half awake and go with the flow." ---It's not horrendous advice, but for a beginner it didn't spark any direction as to what i should do with this, you know to gain a productive experience. It's easy to lay there and just float about as a formless being in the flow of swirling energies, but that is merely just one dimension/layer of many. What i found frustrating was not being able to exit this level of swirl, it was like being stuck in a mish mash oil painting of swirl and matter.

I later called this level the limbo level and learned more about it through repeatably projecting to it that this was the level of 'sleep' hence limbo. In simpler terms it's the sleep realm, where peoples lower consciousness and those 'asleep' go when they knock the lights out. And so, what you feel, sense and see there is very much a primitive limbo like existence. It's sort of the visual spacial representation of what a fuzzy hangover, mentally feels like. lol. For whatever reason, I had to learn about this level before i could move past it. Later I learned why and this is where 'development' and spiritual journey comes into it. What you learn with and through astral projection is a mixture of highly personal things connected to who you are; with the more general experiences that are open for us all to experience collectively.

I remember practising one meditation over and over (from this same ole book) where it involved visualising a sphere that could fit on your palm. That was the first thing. Then the next step was to visulise the sphere in different colours. First red, then green, then yellow and so on. Then the next step was to change the texture of it, then roll the sphere, left to right then right left. Then back and forth. The next and final step was to rotate the sphere (spin) clockwise and then counter, and then view from a 360 degree perspective. When you are done with spheres you do cubes and triangles and so on. Change the size, make it as big, bigger than you, or so small you need to telezoom in like a scope to see it. Particle size.

I had little idea at the time 11/12 years old, what these kind of mental exercises were developing or helping, but i can tell you they did something. The ability to free your perspective and vantage point up, making it flexible to be able to move around like a free roam camera. You want 360 degrees? you got it, you want to pull/zoom in an image or energy to you close up ? you got it, You want to push/zoom out a image or energy away from you? you got it. It's just one way of many ways to train your mind into coping with forms and their dimensions which is what your 'spatial awareness' is and very important. It later believe or not does help in astral projecting and remote viewing (still projection), or in the very least helps you to understand that projecting is with using the consciousness and consciousness is energy on thought based realms.

2. I think i answered that. But for this part i wanted to go into the difference between conscious projection, ie intended projection as in I am going to astral project and you set up an intention, a goal, a place or specific thing you want to experience and off you go. With, spontaneous projection, ie, you wake up aware that your sleep time was spent on the astral level and you recall your experience like a dream or memory. This imo happens to more people than maybe they realise. But half the time the experience is either not recalled because of poor recall for whatever reason, or the person isn't aware enough to sense, feel, know what their own consciousness is doing and where their consciousness goes too let alone is at. Like a stray dog lol, lots of people are wandering about like stray dogs, lifting their leg from lamp post to lamp post. :ph34r: ...

Okay, again tips for what to practice here, anything which helps you to become more self aware full stop. Start to screen your own thoughts and watch/observe just where they are coming from. What is triggering the thoughts behind your feelings at any given time? Thoughts, feelings and emotions -- the more you can become observant of them without judging them or reacting to them, the better you will understand where your consciousness is at or has been. This is also something that on the astral levels you have to get a handle on, when you are experiencing the thought realms, your thoughts, your feelings materialise and shape your experience. This means your fears, your emotional triggers, the belief structures you identify with or perceive your worldly view with can all impact, shape and taint what you perceive your experiences to be. On the astral level certain things/beleif structures can play out as your experience if you are triggered.

For example, take person A who is deeply religious to the extent their worldly view is completely distorted by their religious view. They project and come across a being in their room, and seeing this freaks them out, as they can not understand or accept by principle that their house 'space' can actually be cohabited by many beings on differing dimensions. This triggers a fear response in which the belief system kicks in full force to try and rationalise the fear response. The end product being, the person wakes up convinced they have a demon in the house which can lead them down a whole path that is based on yes an 'experience' that was real, but has been played out and interpreted completely wrongly.

Person B has no religious ties and they project and see the same being in their room. They freak out because they didn't expect to be sharing their house space with another being. They may have to deal with a fear response to the unknown, which is a primitive reaction which is part of our fight or flight, but this is the first main thing anyone will be forced to work on and counter. They may differ from person A though in that they don't perceive the event as meeting a demon and interpreting the entire thing as a case of what the religious dogma says about meeting a demon etc. But something else perhaps they were not aware of harbouring may pop up in attempt to rationalise the experience. Whatever that may be, could be an alien to a fairy. What that person should be clear about is they have the old fear flight and fight thing to adjust if they wish to get anywhere.

Person C has had enough experiences projecting to learn how the constructs of how space is cohabited works, they have gained a handled on their fear responses, even eliminated many of their primitive/ego fears and they project and see the same being in their room. They see the being closer to what it truly is because they are not judging or perceiving with fear based perceptions/filters. They simply see closer to what in reality this being is and because they have a clarity that is not being controlled by what person A and B has. Lets say the being is a neutral being going about it's own business in it's own sense of space on the astral level, and is no more different or mundane than seeing someone walking down the street. You either get vibes that you should move on past them/cross the road or stop and say hello. That's for you to learn to gauge appropriately.

One thing is that the subconscious records everything, and the subconscious doesn't discriminate what it experiences either, it just experiences. It is our perception and what structures for lack of a better word, 'influence' our perceptions which amount to the confusion and misinterpretations. Because of this, if you are willing to develop and learn the astral level can assist with that, but means facing up to your fears and being prepared to dismantle the belief systems that show up as ummm nothing but 'control structures/societal programing' on the astral level. Astral level is a very good place to learn more about yourself and this society if you allow it to be.

3. and 4.How long does it take to achieve astral projection. There is no one way to answer this. So i am going to say every single time you project it could differ because sometimes we go through periods where it is easier and other times near impossible and that is across the board/global as far as i understand it. It can only say that there is other external factors involved sometimes out of our control which affect the time it takes. For instance you wouldn't take a boat out in a hurrican.

There are things which can definitely help and increase your own chances as well as throw a spanner in the works. Personally i have find it easier when i am eating light, so diet plays a part. When i say eating light i mean not eating slow stodgy heavy foods. If i have eaten the kind of food that is putting my digestive system into over drive beached whale mode then it definitely dulls my overall senses and energy down. There is just no getting away from that and if you google this, you will see thousands of people who say the same thing.

Eating light consists of low sat fats, but still taking in the good fats. Low carbs, low sugar, no bread, pasta, rice, and high protein for me.

Drinks wise, alcohol is going to slow you down so much it's not worth trying to project 24 - 48 hrs after drinking. Just a waste of time. You may well project into the hangover realm automatically Lol but it isn't very alive or interesting there.

Excersing/doing something physically active daily - speaks for it self. Excersise is good for grounding, purging stress, and keeping your energy flowing. I can assure you that if you are eating light, that you will crave to feel more grounded because you are not getting that through food. A lot of people ground themselves with sugar/heavy food/alcohol unknowingly. So exercise will help remove that temptation to use food and alcohol to feel earthed, full.

Other things - Meditation and energy work. To me, i wouldn't be without my meditation and energy work routines. It may not be your thing but if you are serious about astral projecting you start to look at yourself as more than just a physical body and at some point the penny drops about it all. That bringing meditation and energy work into your physical daily routine is a big part of enabling yourself to go further with astral projection and other things. For if you can learn more about yourself through energy work, learn to feel your energy/astral bodies, sensory perceptions of your 'space/field' while you are consciously awake, then it all goes towards having the energy presence to stay out for longer periods of time and doing more. Not to mention being able to look after yourself properly. Shielding, cleansing, grounding, healing. You are after all projecting as a energy body.

For energy work, look up chakra meditations and exercises, learn about chakras/energy centres and how to feel them. Reiki is a great energy teacher too. If you have questions about energy work we can go into them on another post. I am going to stop there and also paste a copy of this post to the FAQ's thread since it begins to touch upon techniques.

Edited by AnVil
  • Like 1

what about jolts, or twitches? where you're asleep and siddelnly your jolted awake becasue your leg flung or your arm punced out or u were jolted out of sleep? is that anything like the vibrations or is that just twitching while you're alseeep?

I'm really having a hard time concentrating when I lay down and try to focus. I get random thoughts out of nowhere. I'm trying to focus my eyes deep into the darkness with my eyes closed. Sometimes I feel spinning(backwards), but it's very brief.

Am I even going about this the right way? How do you all start off?

what about jolts, or twitches? where you're asleep and siddelnly your jolted awake becasue your leg flung or your arm punced out or u were jolted out of sleep? is that anything like the vibrations or is that just twitching while you're alseeep?

Bit of both. I majorly jolt back in when I'm literally thrown back into my body and it wakes me up. It happens for various reasons but not worth spending time over working out why. Other times twitching can simply be more to do with energy flow/blockages shifting.

Edited by AnVil

I'm really having a hard time concentrating when I lay down and try to focus. I get random thoughts out of nowhere. I'm trying to focus my eyes deep into the darkness with my eyes closed. Sometimes I feel spinning(backwards), but it's very brief.

Am I even going about this the right way? How do you all start off?

Spinning is a sign/cue... One of the few I only get. When you feel the spin start, go with it and try and use it to pull yourself out, you will feel yourself accelerate very fast into a coil like spin, and then finally, focus on going either up or forwards with the intention that you are projecting. Don't question it, don't fear it, the spinning sensation does eventually level out and you will find yourself come to a very calm and still position like your feet have found the ground again. Then just relax into it and observe what you see, hear, sense.

ok I was trying the wake up in the morning 4am or 3am and then sleep again the only thing that happend to me was I felt floating,falling and vibrations so I dont know if im doing this right this is the first time but I dont seem to being able to come out of my body O.O

ok I was trying the wake up in the morning 4am or 3am and then sleep again the only thing that happend to me was I felt floating,falling and vibrations so I dont know if im doing this right this is the first time but I dont seem to being able to come out of my body O.O

Sounds to me you were in the rate relaxed state. Maybe next time when you reach that state try an exit technique. I am sure someone experienced has good advice on that .

It sounds like a hypnic jerk to me...

Sounds to me you were in the rate relaxed state. Maybe next time when you reach that state try an exit technique. I am sure someone experienced has good advice on that .

Exit techniques O.O hmm are there exit techniques? O.O

Exit techniques O.O hmm are there exit techniques? O.O

Yes there are plenty of them! I am only really familiar with the visualization ones. So when you are on borderline sleep or mind awake body asleep stage that is when you should try to exit. You should feel vibrations which people refer it to a strong painless shock running through your body like static. You can try manifesting yourself in another part of your room or imagine your ceiling as a magnet and you are attracted to it. Imagine yourself not just floating but actually being pulled to the ceiling. Don't force it though. There are plenty of others that you can find which ever works best.

Yes there are plenty of them! I am only really familiar with the visualization ones. So when you are on borderline sleep or mind awake body asleep stage that is when you should try to exit. You should feel vibrations which people refer it to a strong painless shock running through your body like static. You can try manifesting yourself in another part of your room or imagine your ceiling as a magnet and you are attracted to it. Imagine yourself not just floating but actually being pulled to the ceiling. Don't force it though. There are plenty of others that you can find which ever works best.

ok thanks :D

I have very tactile exits. I just get up as if I were normally getting up. I used to roll a lot, but this has problems. Ocasionaly I'll float up and sort of arch down to my feet. Floating is pretty good for a beginner because sometimes you barely get out, but if you are floating above your body then even just a few seconds becomes very encouraging. If you just get up like i do, you may not realize you have exited and it becomes more like a false awakening experience.

I highly recommend learning to float out. There is something very special about being totally concous through the entire exit process.

What's a Hypnic jerk?

When you twitch while sleeping.

Astral Collective Consciousness project.

This is mainly aimed as an exercise for the Astral dreamers/projectors and those in any stage of development. I was trying to think of something that could help give a focal point, purpose and intent for projection. I feel some of you are struggling to know what to do with this exactly.

I was thinking of my own most profound experiences on the astral level to date, particularly the ones which got me started and opened my eyes and mind to how the astral levels work. I have seen other communities do this and thought why not try this here. What I propose is each and every person who wants to give this a try, has to agree to let go of all beliefs, expectations, techniques pertaining to astral projection, put everything aside to focus on one thing only.

What is in your consciousness memories of Atlantis?

We have all heard the stories and we all know of the attempts to find physical evidence of the old continent. But this exercise isn’t about any of that. We are not doing this to debate the existence of. This is purely an exercise in learning how to use and connect to a collective consciousness or “the great library”, because this is what partially defines and creates astral experiences for so many.

There is a part of our consciousness that already knows how to do this, and deep within holds memories of what our collective consciousness has ever experienced. You already do this unconsciously when you go to sleep. So what we are trying to do here is move away from the self-centred approach. IE put aside whatever reasons you have for your personal desire and gains in gaining astral projection skills, and change it to making this a goal, a mission of what you can recall and bring back to tell us about, right here, on this thread, about what you find out or recall about Atlantis.

Now on the Astral level there are various sites which contain ‘libraries and records’, you may have heard of them as called the Akashic records. See link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

There is actually a host of names for them, and this is part of what exists on the astral levels. This is going to open your mind up to learning how the astral realms work, and how you can learn about things, yourself, the universe while projected, because remember time and consciousness works differently there. It is fluid and dynamic and timelines can be simultaneously experienced. Once this is experienced it frees your own awareness up to so much more. These libraries are not only knowledge banks which we can access, but they can help us connect to our very own records, our own soul consciousness and higher self.

Please bare in mind that I am trying to communicate this in as neutral a way as possible. You may not like or agree with the concepts/terms I am using to try and propose this with, but for this to work, you really do have to suspend all current beliefs and expectations. So putting ego aside, if this interests you, please respond in this thread saying that you are interested to try this.

What I plan on doing is setting an initial time period of 3 weeks. For 3 weeks I ask that those participating, organise themselves a dream journal, and that on a daily basis you record your dreams whether they relate to this exercise or not. You are not be the judge of anything, you must try and shift your perspective throughout this for the next 6 weeks to that of a neutral observer.

What I want everyone to then do, is record their dreams, findings, even tidbits that may come to mind when you are awake ( astral projection occurs anytime whether your asleep or not) and post them here. I may open a special thread for this, or it will just be here. And by sharing the info, my hope is it will create a positive experience and momentum to get some of you actually projecting and interacting with mass consciousness.

Remember it doesn’t matter here what your opinions are on past life’s and what not. It doesn’t matter if you think Atlantis is made up as this is not an exercise in proving anything. This is a task, a mission, to reach the great libraries, or your own libraries to recall what you can on the subject and time period of Atlantis. You don't think about it or try to use your linear/logical mind to ponder the point of this, you have been given a directional task, Now Just Go! - this is the kind of attitude you need to acquire to get anywhere with astral travelling. We don't sit and debate and ponder this or that before we have even experienced it, you just go and take in whatever experience is given to you. Time for reflection and discussion is later/afterwards.

Should this exercise prove successful, or least useful, we can continue with other places/times in history to go to and I think it could be interesting to see what comes out.

So who’s up for this ?

Edited by AnVil
  • Like 1

Believe me I am deff all for it and very interested but I can't even go to my room let alone outside my body. Or at least not yet while being aware. Have been busy but I will make this an intention. Maybe with a stroke of luck I can be of help!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked