Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Im in. I'll keep it in my thoughts and see where it takes me.

Edited by Seeker79

Astral Collective Consciousness project.

This is mainly aimed as an exercise for the Astral dreamers/projectors and those in any stage of development. I was trying to think of something that could help give a focal point, purpose and intent for projection. I feel some of you are struggling to know what to do with this exactly.

I was thinking of my own most profound experiences on the astral level to date, particularly the ones which got me started and opened my eyes and mind to how the astral levels work. I have seen other communities do this and thought why not try this here. What I propose is each and every person who wants to give this a try, has to agree to let go of all beliefs, expectations, techniques pertaining to astral projection, put everything aside to focus on one thing only.

What is in your consciousness memories of Atlantis?

We have all heard the stories and we all know of the attempts to find physical evidence of the old continent. But this exercise isn’t about any of that. We are not doing this to debate the existence of. This is purely an exercise in learning how to use and connect to a collective consciousness or “the great library”, because this is what partially defines and creates astral experiences for so many.

There is a part of our consciousness that already knows how to do this, and deep within holds memories of what our collective consciousness has ever experienced. You already do this unconsciously when you go to sleep. So what we are trying to do here is move away from the self-centred approach. IE put aside whatever reasons you have for your personal desire and gains in gaining astral projection skills, and change it to making this a goal, a mission of what you can recall and bring back to tell us about, right here, on this thread, about what you find out or recall about Atlantis.

Now on the Astral level there are various sites which contain ‘libraries and records’, you may have heard of them as called the Akashic records. See link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

There is actually a host of names for them, and this is part of what exists on the astral levels. This is going to open your mind up to learning how the astral realms work, and how you can learn about things, yourself, the universe while projected, because remember time and consciousness works differently there. It is fluid and dynamic and timelines can be simultaneously experienced. Once this is experienced it frees your own awareness up to so much more. These libraries are not only knowledge banks which we can access, but they can help us connect to our very own records, our own soul consciousness and higher self.

Please bare in mind that I am trying to communicate this in as neutral a way as possible. You may not like or agree with the concepts/terms I am using to try and propose this with, but for this to work, you really do have to suspend all current beliefs and expectations. So putting ego aside, if this interests you, please respond in this thread saying that you are interested to try this.

What I plan on doing is setting an initial time period of 3 weeks. For 3 weeks I ask that those participating, organise themselves a dream journal, and that on a daily basis you record your dreams whether they relate to this exercise or not. You are not be the judge of anything, you must try and shift your perspective throughout this for the next 6 weeks to that of a neutral observer.

What I want everyone to then do, is record their dreams, findings, even tidbits that may come to mind when you are awake ( astral projection occurs anytime whether your asleep or not) and post them here. I may open a special thread for this, or it will just be here. And by sharing the info, my hope is it will create a positive experience and momentum to get some of you actually projecting and interacting with mass consciousness.

Remember it doesn’t matter here what your opinions are on past life’s and what not. It doesn’t matter if you think Atlantis is made up as this is not an exercise in proving anything. This is a task, a mission, to reach the great libraries, or your own libraries to recall what you can on the subject and time period of Atlantis. You don't think about it or try to use your linear/logical mind to ponder the point of this, you have been given a directional task, Now Just Go! - this is the kind of attitude you need to acquire to get anywhere with astral travelling. We don't sit and debate and ponder this or that before we have even experienced it, you just go and take in whatever experience is given to you. Time for reflection and discussion is later/afterwards.

Should this exercise prove successful, or least useful, we can continue with other places/times in history to go to and I think it could be interesting to see what comes out.

So who’s up for this ?

Um, okay, I guess I will do this? I don't really understand what you're doing but I'll record any dreams or weird thoughts that enter my head.

I had very detailed dream about takeing over a restaurant. Manageing the employees, the changes I would be makeing to the menu, the excitement and fear of it. It was a dream where I was somebody else. Mabey channeling somone else's experience? Or Mabey my wife has the food channel on to much.

Nothing Atlantis related yet.... I did have another short dream ascending into very misty mountains picking my way through rocks and such.

Edited by Seeker79

Hey everyone,

Okay, so we have:

Sonicfun1

AstralSeeker

Seeker79

human_eraser

I was thinking a good time to start would be this Sat 10th of March. This would give you time to prepare, get a dream journal started, and any research you may want to do about Atlantis to ease you into the scene.

Now for the instructions.

I would like to suggest a short daily meditation where by you are simply stating to yourself this before each sleep or meditation. Infact write this down on a piece of paper and put it under your pillow or by your bed side table.

"Take me to my consciousness memories and the collective libraries of Atlantis on a level I can consciously recall and process"

*It's important to state ....on a level I can consciously recall and process as you are telling your subconscious to connect to the more conscious part of your consciousness in a form which you can handle.*

From then on, just go to sleep/meditate and allow what will to happen. For those of you who know your guides or have a sense of them. Ask them to work with you on this. And for everyone ask your higher self to work with you too.

Just remember that you approaching this from the neutral observe point of view. You are not judging anything. You must try and stay in that mindset when you are experiencing as well recording anything to post in your journal or here. Do not question or doubt what you experience. Do not allow your mind to question whether you are projecting (if you happen to feel things/cues) try ignore the urge to do that and simply stay connected to the goal of receiving the 'records' from the libraries/collective consciousness. How you experience or see this is completely unique to you. So don't introduce questions or doubts over, how the libraries should look etc. Some people may experience them as books, some may experience them as a guided tour, with own guide on board. Some may experience them as vortex of energy they step into, some may experience simply being there in Alantis like an event, memory, dream, scene, sceniro. Some may experience having a dream of being someone else completely who was there, but seeing the experience from their perspective.

Ok, so The time for reflection will come afterwards and by being able to reflect on the material posted from everyone dreams here as a group, this will help to build momentum and nudge everyone to stay with it and see it out.

If anyone else is interested in joining in please make it known before the end of the week. This will start on Sat the 10th of March and will run until the 31st of March.

Believe me I am deff all for it and very interested but I can't even go to my room let alone outside my body. Or at least not yet while being aware. Have been busy but I will make this an intention. Maybe with a stroke of luck I can be of help!

Please do not worry about your Astral projecting skills and lack of experience. This is to give a set clear purpose and goal for projecting for which the end result will rely more on your recall abilities than anything. Practise the meditation daily and commit to your dream journal and posting here. That's all that is required other than just going to sleep and letting things happen.

I am going to open an Atlantis Astral Dream thread now for this exercise. We can also record any ponderings that come to us about Atlantis too.

Edited by AnVil
  • Like 1

Hey everyone,

Okay, so we have:

Sonicfun1

AstralSeeker

Seeker79

human_eraser

I was thinking a good time to start would be this Sat 10th of March. This would give you time to prepare, get a dream journal started, and any research you may want to do about Atlantis to ease you into the scene.

Now for the instructions.u

I would like to suggest a short daily meditation where by you are simply stating to yourself this before each sleep or meditation. Infact write this down on a piece of paper and put it under your pillow or by your bed side table.

"Take me to my consciousness memories and the collective libraries of Atlantis on a level I can consciously recall and process"

*It's important to state ....on a level I can consciously recall and process as you are telling your subconscious to connect to the more conscious part of your consciousness in a form which you can handle.*

From then on, just go to sleep/meditate and allow what will to happen. For those of you who know your guides or have a sense of them. Ask them to work with you on this. And for everyone ask your higher self to work with you too.

Just remember that you approaching this from the neutral observe point of view. You are not judging anything. You must try and stay in that mindset when you are experiencing as well recording anything to post in your journal or here. Do not question or doubt what you experience. Do not allow your mind to question whether you are projecting (if you happen to feel things/cues) try ignore the urge to do that and simply stay connected to the goal of receiving the 'records' from the libraries/collective consciousness. How you experience or see this is completely unique to you. So don't introduce questions or doubts over, how the libraries should look etc. Some people may experience them as books, some may experience them as a guided tour, with own guide on board. Some may experience them as vortex of energy they step into, some may experience simply being there in Alantis like an event, memory, dream, scene, sceniro. Some may experience having a dream of being someone else completely who was there, but seeing the experience from their perspective.

Ok, so The time for reflection will come afterwards and by being able to reflect on the material posted from everyone dreams here as a group, this will help to build momentum and nudge everyone to stay with it and see it out.

If anyone else is interested in joining in please make it known before the end of the week. This will start on Sat the 10th of March and will run until the 31st of March.

Please do not worry about your Astral projecting skills and lack of experience. This is to give a set clear purpose and goal for projecting for which the end result will rely more on your recall abilities than anything. Practise the meditation daily and commit to your dream journal and posting here. That's all that is required other than just going to sleep and letting things happen.

I am going to open an Alantis Astral Dream thread now for this exercise. We can also record any ponderings that come to us about Atlantis too.

Sure, i'll join in this.

Hey Anvil, I'm in. I'll start thinking akashic records and Atlantis as well as my little "I will astral project" mantra lol. I have been keeping a dream journal already so as of the 10th ill start connecting them with the idea you proposed. Let you know if anything interesting comes up.

And I **** you not, just this morning before I even read this thread my boyfriend brought up Atlantis, he was referencing the resort, but still. Nothing is coincidence ;-)

I experianced some of the spinning last night for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I just fell asleep. I had some pretty vivid dreams though!

I experianced some of the spinning last night for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I just fell asleep. I had some pretty vivid dreams though!

the spinning, so ive been told, is the energy in your body and if you can feel it, it'ws a good sign. I also had really vivid dreams when i felt the rocking/swaying motiong before falling asleep. ive only reached the vibrations once :(

Hi Seeker 79. Thanks for your earlier advice. I tried to astral project on Monday night and had this experience which was interesting but reckon i have made a mistake somewhere in the process. I got up at 130am and when i resumed sleep i told myself that i wanted to astral project. Within about 5 mins, i had this sensation of movement on my chest and everything just went blank white. At the same time i knew i was asleep and told myself to project. I tried getting up but could not hence tried the roll off method which worked. But everything was still blurry white around me which gave me the thought that my eyes were not opened. I tried to force myself to open my eyes but it happened physically which gave my body a jolt which woke me up with my eyes opened. 5 minute later, i told myself the same thing and had the same recurring experience. This time i raised my arms and managed to sit up. Things were still plan white which around me whereby i forced myself to open my eyes and again received a jolt and woke up with my eyes opened. Would appreciate if you could share whether you had similar experiences when you started astral projection and provide me with some guidance as to what went wrong. Thanks in advance.

Hi Seeker 79. Thanks for your earlier advice. I tried to astral project on Monday night and had this experience which was interesting but reckon i have made a mistake somewhere in the process. I got up at 130am and when i resumed sleep i told myself that i wanted to astral project. Within about 5 mins, i had this sensation of movement on my chest and everything just went blank white. At the same time i knew i was asleep and told myself to project. I tried getting up but could not hence tried the roll off method which worked. But everything was still blurry white around me which gave me the thought that my eyes were not opened. I tried to force myself to open my eyes but it happened physically which gave my body a jolt which woke me up with my eyes opened. 5 minute later, i told myself the same thing and had the same recurring experience. This time i raised my arms and managed to sit up. Things were still plan white which around me whereby i forced myself to open my eyes and again received a jolt and woke up with my eyes opened. Would appreciate if you could share whether you had similar experiences when you started astral projection and provide me with some guidance as to what went wrong. Thanks in advance.

All that is fairly normal. There all sorts of perception problems at first. Try a verbal affirmation Next time. "I want to see now!" trying to open your eyes will break your trance because your astral body dosnt really have eyes, or ears, or anything else. Also your eyes are not paralyzed by natural processes. Concously messing with your eyes is bound to break trance and a great way to end sleep paralysis or instantly return to your body.

Congrats and good job. Others would love to get that far.

Edited by Seeker79

Hi guys! Just wanted to share my experience tonight. I've only been trying to astral project for about a week now as I am new to this. A few times I've felt like I was close to the vibrational stage, but couldn't get there.

Tonight I decided to try some binaurel beats. So, I went out to my sun porch, put on headphones and just relaxed. I was sitting up the whole time because I thought that might help me not fall asleep. Once my body went to sleep, I started visualizing my hands pulling myself up on the rope. Immediately my body started to vibrate. At first it was small vibrations, but it was undeniable. After a few seconds, it was like an earthquake. I kept focusing on my rope and trying to get out of my body, but I just couldn't do it. Eventually I moved my physical body trying to get out and it stopped.

I was so close. What an unbelievable experience! I have to admit there was a part of me that was skeptical about this vibration stage, but not anymore. I can't wait to try this again. I'm worn out, so I'm going to bed now, but I will try again tomorrow and report back.

Hi guys! Just wanted to share my experience tonight. I've only been trying to astral project for about a week now as I am new to this. A few times I've felt like I was close to the vibrational stage, but couldn't get there.

Tonight I decided to try some binaurel beats. So, I went out to my sun porch, put on headphones and just relaxed. I was sitting up the whole time because I thought that might help me not fall asleep. Once my body went to sleep, I started visualizing my hands pulling myself up on the rope. Immediately my body started to vibrate. At first it was small vibrations, but it was undeniable. After a few seconds, it was like an earthquake. I kept focusing on my rope and trying to get out of my body, but I just couldn't do it. Eventually I moved my physical body trying to get out and it stopped.

I was so close. What an unbelievable experience! I have to admit there was a part of me that was skeptical about this vibration stage, but not anymore. I can't wait to try this again. I'm worn out, so I'm going to bed now, but I will try again tomorrow and report back.

Good job!

You should expect it to be hot and cold. Do not get disappointed if it dosnt happen again right away. Make a steady practice of it and you will get there.

All that is fairly normal. There all sorts of perception problems at first. Try a verbal affirmation Next time. "I want to see now!" trying to open your eyes will break your trance because your astral body dosnt really have eyes, or ears, or anything else. Also your eyes are not paralyzed by natural processes. Concously messing with your eyes is bound to break trance and a great way to end sleep paralysis or instantly return to your body.

Congrats and good job. Others would love to get that far.

Thank you very much for the advice, Seeker79. Will try again soon.

Good job!

You should expect it to be hot and cold. Do not get disappointed if it dosnt happen again right away. Make a steady practice of it and you will get there.

Thank you

Hello everyone! I am 20 years old, and since I was 10, I have been able to vividly remember my dreams seconds after waking up. Till this day, I can tell you about a dream I had on a random day in 2009. However, 2 years ago I began researching about Astral Projection and its properties. In that time, I have done extensive research, viewed countless videos, read multiple books and written various articles on Astral Projections and methods of inducing them. Now, 2 years later, I am able to induce projections very quickly through deep concentration and meditation and other mattering factors that assist as well. I visit the Astral Plane almost twice a week, and I have encountered all sorts of activity, entities, and daringly, been to the lowest parts of the plane. And let me tell you, your greatest protection and immunity against all evilness is the sense of courage, confidence, and control that operates your mind and soul while out there.

My latest projection occurred two days ago, March 13th, at around 11:00pm. I had promised myself to remain at home rather the venturing out in the planes. I had gone to the basement to try and create my own sanctuary when all of sudden I heard someone with thundering steps coming downstairs. As time progressed, the noise stopped and I knew there was entity in the same room I was in. I walked towards the staircase, and there it stood, the entity. I looked directly at it and for the first time ever a strong sense of fear empowered my thoughts and I pulled out right away of fear of evilness. This entity was my body?! I awoke confused and startled, and quickly ran to my journal to record every bit of detail.

This was certainly not a dream, I was fully awake and the properties of my surroundings defined the Astral Plane. Is there a possibility that my body was sleep waking? Could I have created an entity identical to me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have yet to revisit the plane since my thoughts are poised with fear. (Negative thoughts attract negative entities and also govern surroundings and activities)

Hello everyone! I am 20 years old, and since I was 10, I have been able to vividly remember my dreams seconds after waking up. Till this day, I can tell you about a dream I had on a random day in 2009. However, 2 years ago I began researching about Astral Projection and its properties. In that time, I have done extensive research, viewed countless videos, read multiple books and written various articles on Astral Projections and methods of inducing them. Now, 2 years later, I am able to induce projections very quickly through deep concentration and meditation and other mattering factors that assist as well. I visit the Astral Plane almost twice a week, and I have encountered all sorts of activity, entities, and daringly, been to the lowest parts of the plane. And let me tell you, your greatest protection and immunity against all evilness is the sense of courage, confidence, and control that operates your mind and soul while out there.

My latest projection occurred two days ago, March 13th, at around 11:00pm. I had promised myself to remain at home rather the venturing out in the planes. I had gone to the basement to try and create my own sanctuary when all of sudden I heard someone with thundering steps coming downstairs. As time progressed, the noise stopped and I knew there was entity in the same room I was in. I walked towards the staircase, and there it stood, the entity. I looked directly at it and for the first time ever a strong sense of fear empowered my thoughts and I pulled out right away of fear of evilness. This entity was my body?! I awoke confused and startled, and quickly ran to my journal to record every bit of detail.

This was certainly not a dream, I was fully awake and the properties of my surroundings defined the Astral Plane. Is there a possibility that my body was sleep waking? Could I have created an entity identical to me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have yet to revisit the plane since my thoughts are poised with fear. (Negative thoughts attract negative entities and also govern surroundings and activities)

Hahaha...... YES!!! There is a profound message here if you pay attention. Good job on your fear control you are doing awesome. Your latest journey has given the end game lesson of your control over fear. it happened very much like that for me just diffrent circumstances.

I have herd the thundering steps from people dozens of times. Though usually during a sleep pralysis event. They also always seem to involve stairs.

Edited by Seeker79

Hahaha...... YES!!! There is a profound message here if you pay attention. Good job on your fear control you are doing awesome. Your latest journey has given the end game lesson of your control over fear. it happened very much like that for me just diffrent circumstances.

I have herd the thundering steps from people dozens of times. Though usually during a sleep pralysis event. They also always seem to involve stairs.

Fear was something I learned to govern and manipulate at a very early age. With regards to AP, many of us instinctively fear the unknown, and that is absolutely normal. However, the curious mind can defy this notion of uncertainty by eagerly willing to discover and adventure out into the unknown.

Anyone attempting at AP should learn to govern their thoughts through strict concentration and meditation. Being able to induce AP is like walking through a gate of vast uncertainty, so prepare yourself, and cleanse your mind of negative attributes. In AP, your environment beats to the heart of your thoughts.

I have a few question regarding the stages of relaxation before AP. Not sure if it's the same for everyone, but I experience 3 stages.

- First: Controlling the relaxation of my body and breathing.

- Second: Awareness that my arms, legs and lower torso are sleeping.

- Third: Upper torso and head finally sleep, feeling the sensation of complete body disappearance.

Sometimes when I intentionally try to project I find myself falling asleep between the second and third stage. Other times as soon as the third stage kicks in, I suddenly experience a slight jolt as if my mind is telling me I'm onto the final stage almost as if I was in a slight sleep trance. Is this normal, and is there any advice you can share to help me not fall asleep between second and third?

Is it possible to project during the second stage?

Thanks

Edited by Asylum

I don't think it is the same for everyone. I personally wouldn't be against falling alseep in these stages either. To me that is still an opportunity to project and is more to do with recall afterwards in remembering your sleep time.

What i can advise is don't get stuck on waiting for each cue or stage to happen before giving yourself permission to carry onto the next stage so to speak. It may not make sense to hear this at this stage, but later on down the line it will. Techniques are great for helping jog the process along, but at the end of the day their comes the time when the stabilizers have to come off the bicycle.

When i project, the last place my mind is on is what's happening on this level with my body or otherwise. I acknowledge the cues if i get any, but I'm way way ahead of these cues mentally, I am not waiting for these cues to serve me permission to get 1 step closer. But back to where focus is - I don't want my awareness on my physical body level, not when i am trying to go beyond it. Your focus point is where your awareness automatically goes too, so make sure it is going to where you want to be and not stuck on where you don't want to be. (ie waiting for cues to happen, waiting for the subtle bodies to tell the physical body it is about to travel) no - it's not going to go anywhere unless you are pushing your consciousness ahead to where you want to go.

I can't stress this enough that the process of projecting can be as fast 12345 - out. That's about as fast as it takes to start peddling a bike once you've thrown the stabilizers away. It's become an automatic skill that you just do. Point of place/direction in mind and peddle. Same for AP you just point with your intention and go.

hey guys! ive always been kinda scared to see my guide, but i decided to finally not be afraid to AP in all, ive had bad experiences.

so, i was out lastnight, and i remembered to ask for it, i was like "guide" can i see my guide?" guide i need you" hello?"

and NOTHING. do some people not have guides at all? i also have a question about travelling, ive never been able to walk right

when im AP form i feel like im floating with no control to where im even going, took me 3 minutes lastime to get from my bed to my closet door wich is NEXT to my bed lol, and from nowhere lastnight, i thought abut a place and zoom! i was there. i went to many places, but i felt light, this AP felt like a diff AP, if that makes any sense? wierd, so is there such things?

Btw: why do places look different? i saw images that make complete sense and when i wake up im like what the?

Edited by Aubrienne_Ellyrias

hey guys! ive always been kinda scared to see my guide, but i decided to finally not be afraid to AP in all, ive had bad experiences.

so, i was out lastnight, and i remembered to ask for it, i was like "guide" can i see my guide?" guide i need you" hello?"

and NOTHING. do some people not have guides at all? i also have a question about travelling, ive never been able to walk right

when im AP form i feel like im floating with no control to where im even going, took me 3 minutes lastime to get from my bed to my closet door wich is NEXT to my bed lol, and from nowhere lastnight, i thought abut a place and zoom! i was there. i went to many places, but i felt light, this AP felt like a diff AP, if that makes any sense? wierd, so is there such things?

Btw: why do places look different? i saw images that make complete sense and when i wake up im like what the?

Your not seeing with your eyes. There is no light wavelengths that you are inturpreting. You are trying to process information visually that is not comeing via visual stimulus. If you had been born blind and learned these things would be much diff. That's just a start of why things are off. The spirit world is a place of context and concousness. You are no longer physical. Inturpreting things like a physical being is mute. Mabey anvil has some recommendations on developing your third eye.

Also, to increase your time out, you want to be buisy. Have it in your mind to be busy or ask a guide or the higher self to show you things. if your mind is on the next thing there is no time for a return. One thing needs to lead to another. Learn to let anxieties and excitements slide right through you without affecting your presence of mind.

Edited by Seeker79

I have been loosely following this thread and have come to this conclusion..

I have and did astral project a lot as a kid. Then for some reason I stopped I do not know why.

After reading some tips on doing a projection a few weeks ago today I decided to try something.

and it was spur of the moment. I laid down and was trying to take a nap and I started to dream and then realized

I was dreaming (in this sudo dream my macbook had Dents coming from inside the computer something that is not possible and I realized

then I was dreaming I know an odd sign that I was in this state all While hearing my fan in my room running) I decide to bite down on my thumb

in my dream and did not feel pain so I decidedto roll out. Immediately I shot out through my ceiling (no I didn't have a place to start out I just went out)

And I seen what looked like nebula and stars (a lot of blues and purples) I was floating but what got me was still hearing the fan.. and then I brought myself back

opened my eyes and for some weird reason felt at Peace. Almost happy. But a very comforting feeling. Now I felt the tingling all over my body

and it went away a few moments after I came back . But I want to know this .. Was I just dreaming or was it a real Astral Projection ..

My departure was SUPER fast I was out of my room in a moment but after I breached the ceiling I was like in outer space. I remembered not

to think negatively and if I did and anything came to me that seemed evil give it no power. I just hovered and looked in front of me I didn't turn

around I was just in AWW of what I was seeing. All the while still hearing the fan ... But I stayed for only a minute or less then came out and opened

my eyes. Any Ideas ???

Im going to try again to do more and If I can do them I will let ya know.. I have always felt special in regards to the universe and what God has for me.

I have shunned it most of my life Maybe this is a way to meet up with him and get some one on one guidance from my big brother and the Father.

who knows. :innocent: One can hope.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked