Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discovery of life on another planet

Persia

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Purplos

• Space Commander Travis

• Lion6969

• Englishgent

Maybe the religous peeps will say that god had a plan 'B' :devil:

I think there is other life then we have experienced. The reason I say this is that both times I 'saw' god there was other worldly intelligence about. It's to hard to explain the experiences properly.

The Catholics are ahead of the Game. the pope has already declaired aliens from another world to be our Brother.

Love Omnaka

Isn't god supposedly the creator of all that is seen and unseen? Aliens would just be that unseen bit... until we see them. lol

I'm not sure why this would affect religion at all.

Isn't god supposedly the creator of all that is seen and unseen? Aliens would just be that unseen bit... until we see them. lol

I'm not sure why this would affect religion at all.

Because of all the planets in the universe, Earth is special. God made man in his image. The Christian religions have awasy stated that we are special. Even though we are animals, they have taught for centuries that of all the creatures on the Earth, only humans have souls, other animals do not. Proof of other life, especially intelligent life could turn this all upside down.

Well it would certainly shake things up for the Jews as Gods "chosen people" and as for the Pope.... well.... I wonder if he would say they were "brothers" if they turned out to worship Satan (or their own equivalent)

I think it's only very recently that religion was forced to say 'oh sh!t, there could be life on other planets, we better quickly make an interpretation of the bible etc. to cover our arses and the potential loss of belief in god'.

Suggest life on planets at other times in history and you would probably be accused of blasphemy, or something similar, and disposed of.

Edited by Timonthy

I dont think religion will change in any fundemental way. They will simply incorporate the new information into the existing beliefs. The one thing tho, and the most profound thing in my mind. I think it might jump start a race of sorts to colonize planets by religious groups. Everytime a new place was discovered here on earth religious groups were some of the first explorers and pioneers. Always racing to a new place where they can setup a society that is based purely on their values and traditions only. Where the groups need not answer to any other authority but there church and leaders. But thats my opinion and thought on this.

If god created man in his image (actually I am not religous but I have read the bible and it says. ''let us make man in our image'') then maybe man has been created on many planets throughout the universe just to see how they all turn out?

Because of all the planets in the universe, Earth is special.

Well I admit I know very little about whats in the Christian Bible, but it's interesting. I'd love to see some verses mentioning our planet as special.

Why not to exist another planet like Earth? Just because scientists they see dots the stars. This means science has many years to advance the technology to prove that. Me even if exists another planet like Earth I wouldn't like to live even there. This is an example of your ideology that you know everything. But in conclusion scientists don't know everything and is a mistake to believe anything that they are saying in theory. To find out that I have to become an Angel in the after life and find out what the Angels are saying to me, you are not alone but you haven't realised that yet. Probably they haven't find anything else except of what you can see.

Why not to exist another planet like Earth? Just because scientists they see dots the stars. This means science has many years to advance the technology to prove that. Me even if exists another planet like Earth I wouldn't like to live even there. This is an example of your ideology that you know everything. But in conclusion scientists don't know everything and is a mistake to believe anything that they are saying in theory. To find out that I have to become an Angel in the after life and find out what the Angels are saying to me, you are not alone but you haven't realised that yet. Probably they haven't find anything else except of what you can see.

Chill out and take your meds.

Chill out and take your meds.

Unfortunately here you don't understand when we speak with a spirit as a medium. Go find a way to speak with spirits like Angels. They don't like you as you treat me.

How would discovery of life on another planet affect religion here?

The discovery of a possible life-bearing planet could have religious implications

http://www.ydr.com/living/ci_19586650

I'd just love to see the faces of those of the ex church I belonged to when the star ancestors reveal themselves and realise they were not God's chosen people who had the only 'truth'. Aliens are suppose to be evil spirits from Satan to brainwash people into believing in life beyond planet earth. After all, humans were suppose to be the only beings after the angels that 'God' created. HAHAHAHAH....HA.

The Pope knows about the star ancestors. He announced 'aliens' to be 'brothers' for damage control when they reveal themselves. IMO the 'truth' regarding all things will come to light within the next two years. Simple life form like bacteria discovered on other planets would not phase most religious people, but human like intelligent beings would, IMO and based on my experience in my ex church.

Those who believe in life on other planets and/or star ancestors:

Native American INdians

True traditional Aboriginals of Australia (of which few remain)

Buddhist Monks

Hindi

Ancient Chinese

Native/indigenous groups world wide.

Others but forgotten who they are.

So at the end of the day more people believe in life on other planets than don't, IMO.

Unfortunately here you don't understand when we speak with a spirit as a medium. Go find a way to speak with spirits like Angels. They don't like you as you treat me.

:blink::no::hmm::huh:

I'd just love to see the faces of those of the ex church I belonged to when the star ancestors reveal themselves and realise they were not God's chosen people who had the only 'truth'. Aliens are suppose to be evil spirits from Satan to brainwash people into believing in life beyond planet earth. After all, humans were suppose to be the only beings after the angels that 'God' created. HAHAHAHAH....HA.

The Pope knows about the star ancestors. He announced 'aliens' to be 'brothers' for damage control when they reveal themselves. IMO the 'truth' regarding all things will come to light within the next two years. Simple life form like bacteria discovered on other planets would not phase most religious people, but human like intelligent beings would, IMO and based on my experience in my ex church.

Those who believe in life on other planets and/or star ancestors:

Native American INdians

True traditional Aboriginals of Australia (of which few remain)

Buddhist Monks

Hindi

Ancient Chinese

Native/indigenous groups world wide.

Others but forgotten who they are.

So at the end of the day more people believe in life on other planets than don't, IMO.

Lol. Those religions you listed and others believe in life besides us, but their description of star people is the description of heavenly bodies, persons etc etc. They dint think they were little green men from mars who created us.

How would discovery of life on another planet affect religion here?

The discovery of a possible life-bearing planet could have religious implications

http://www.ydr.com/living/ci_19586650

I think they'll act like they've always have. Too good and too stubborn to see the facts. They're always right, always. Now obviously I'm talking about the extremists and anyone with an open mind would have to see the light..or lack there of.

I think that they will explain it by saying that just because they aren't in the Bible, doesn't mean that they weren't part of God's plan. I mean if you think about it, we know that dinosaurs existed. The Bible only made one vague reference to them. I think that the Christians will find something in the Bible that at least eludes to the possibility of extraterrestrials

I haven't seen the rest of the responses yet, but my view is that it would be a religion that had got rather the wrong end of the stick that claimed to believe in an all-powerful God, but then tried to insist that this was the only planet on which there was Life. Does it not say, after all, that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth"? Perhaps people, when that was Written, did think that they were the only ones in the universe, but still, the very fact that they did credit God with creating the heavens implies that He would also be responsible for creating everything in them; and that would include any kind of Life. That doesn'ty necessarily preclude the ideas put forward by some religious teachings that Humans are the apex of life, just that they're (if this was true) the apex of life on this planet. Neither need it invalidate the reasons Jesus came to earth, since it might be quite possible that every race in the Universe would have a similar "Saviour"/guide figure, only they would, naturally, take the form of the species that predominates on each planet. Stands to reason to me.

:yes:

If god created man in his image (actually I am not religous but I have read the bible and it says. ''let us make man in our image'') then maybe man has been created on many planets throughout the universe just to see how they all turn out?

Which is actually a theory that's not totally laughed at in serious circles; the idea that life, and hence, ultimately, humankind could have come from a common source and so have been "seeded" on many planets through the universe. Perhaps that might be a way of reconciling with "God created man in his image" argument (Which I think was just a typical piece of arrogance by the writers of the OT, but that's neither here nor there).